Charges Dropped in Fla. Student Sex Case - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 21st, 2006, 11:01 PM   #1
country flag Rocketta
Kart & I against the WtaWorld!

Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute
Charges Dropped in Fla. Student Sex Case

Charges Dropped in Fla. Student Sex Case

By MITCH STACY, Associated Press Writer 36 minutes ago

Prosecutors in one Florida county decided Tuesday to drop charges against a former Tampa teacher accused of having sex with a 14-year-old middle school student.

The decision, announced hours after a judge rejected a plea deal for Debra Lafave, means the victim won't have to testify.

Lafave's sentence in another county for having sex with the same boy still stands.

Prosecutors and defense attorneys had urged the judge to accept the deal for the sake of the boy involved. A psychiatrist who examined the teenager told the judge at a previous hearing that the boy suffered extreme anxiety from the media coverage of the case and does not want to testify.

Marion County Circuit Judge Hale Stancil, however, said the lack of prison time for Lafave under the plea deal "shocks the conscience of this court," and he rejected it.

Assistant State Attorney Richard Ridgway, in explaining the decision to drop the charges, said: "The court may be willing to risk the well-being of the victims in this case in order to force it to trial. I am not."

Lafave, 25, was already sentenced to three years of house arrest and seven years' probation in Hillsborough County, where she was charged with having sex with the same boy in a classroom and her home. She pleaded guilty Nov. 22 to two counts of lewd and lascivious battery under a plea deal there.

In Marion County, she was accused of having sex with the boy in a sport utility vehicle.

Lafave said at a news conference later Tuesday that she was getting treatment for bipolar disorder.

"I have a lot of things in my past that have unfortunately become public," Lafave said.

"I pray with all my heart that the young man and his family will be able to move on with their lives," she said. "Again, I offer my deepest apologies."

Hillsborough County prosecutor Mike Sinacore has said that the victim's family had anticipated a trial, but that the media attention prompted the boy's mother to push for a plea deal.

"There is no one that wanted to see Debra Lafave serve jail time more than myself," the boy's mother wrote in an e-mail to the Ocala Star-Banner over the weekend. But she said the welfare of her son was more important.

___

Associated Press Writer Kelli Kennedy in Orlando contributed to this report.
Rocketta is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 21st, 2006, 11:29 PM   #2
country flag lizchris

lizchris has a reputation beyond repute lizchris has a reputation beyond repute lizchris has a reputation beyond repute lizchris has a reputation beyond repute lizchris has a reputation beyond repute lizchris has a reputation beyond repute lizchris has a reputation beyond repute lizchris has a reputation beyond repute lizchris has a reputation beyond repute lizchris has a reputation beyond repute lizchris has a reputation beyond repute
Red face

I hope this mother knows what she is doing because "this teacher" belongs in jail with every other pedophile.
Vania King, Sloane Stephens
Michael Joseph Jackson|1958-2009|RIP King of Music

Whitney Elizabeth Houston|1963-2012|RIP Queen of Music
lizchris is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21st, 2006, 11:36 PM   #3
country flag Rocketta

Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute
I mean how do you drop the charges after the judge declines your plea agreement because it's too soft?
Old Mar 22nd, 2006, 12:20 AM   #4
country flag hablo

hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute
That boy sounds like he's been traumatized...
Shame on that teacher

GO all Canuck players GO
hablo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22nd, 2006, 12:24 AM   #5
country flag Black Mamba.

Black Mamba. has a reputation beyond repute Black Mamba. has a reputation beyond repute Black Mamba. has a reputation beyond repute Black Mamba. has a reputation beyond repute Black Mamba. has a reputation beyond repute Black Mamba. has a reputation beyond repute Black Mamba. has a reputation beyond repute Black Mamba. has a reputation beyond repute Black Mamba. has a reputation beyond repute Black Mamba. has a reputation beyond repute Black Mamba. has a reputation beyond repute
SMH at this crap, if it was a guy or if she were considered unattractive there is no way she doesn't spend time in jail.
Old Mar 22nd, 2006, 12:26 AM   #6
country flag Martian KC

Martian KC has a reputation beyond repute Martian KC has a reputation beyond repute Martian KC has a reputation beyond repute Martian KC has a reputation beyond repute Martian KC has a reputation beyond repute Martian KC has a reputation beyond repute Martian KC has a reputation beyond repute Martian KC has a reputation beyond repute Martian KC has a reputation beyond repute Martian KC has a reputation beyond repute Martian KC has a reputation beyond repute
I thought her other charge was with another boy. I didn't know it was the same one.
[Svetlana Kuznetsova] [Ai Sugiyama] [Su-Wei Hsieh] [Gisela Dulko]

[Maja Matezvic] [Karolina Sprem] [Eleni Daniilidou] [Maria Kirilenko] [Jelena Jankovic]
[Tathiana Garbin] [Timea Bacsinszky] [Kaia Kanepi] [Na Li] [Vera Douchevina]

The Pompous Member Of The Justine Philistines' Society™
Martian 4 Life
Martian KC is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22nd, 2006, 12:33 AM   #7
country flag Rocketta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martian KC
I thought her other charge was with another boy. I didn't know it was the same one.
she slept with him in two different counties I think.
Old Mar 22nd, 2006, 01:51 AM   #8
country flag Solitaire

Solitaire has a reputation beyond repute Solitaire has a reputation beyond repute Solitaire has a reputation beyond repute Solitaire has a reputation beyond repute Solitaire has a reputation beyond repute Solitaire has a reputation beyond repute Solitaire has a reputation beyond repute Solitaire has a reputation beyond repute Solitaire has a reputation beyond repute Solitaire has a reputation beyond repute Solitaire has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumpman23
SMH at this crap, if it was a guy or if she were considered unattractive there is no way she doesn't spend time in jail.

You got that right. If the teacher was a male I'm sure the charges wouldn't have been dropped and he def would have gotten more then just house arrest. But female pedos are never seen as harmful. It's just boys getting laid and they should be greatful. I highly doubt this was her first boy and I'm sure there will be more.
The woods are hopeless. Don't waste your time, they will be destroyed. So will the marsh. It is a losing game mankind has played for more than a century. Sadness is what you are, do not deny it. The universe is a lonely place, a painful place. This is what we can share between us, period.
Solitaire is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22nd, 2006, 02:51 AM   #9
country flag Rocketta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solitaire
You got that right. If the teacher was a male I'm sure the charges wouldn't have been dropped and he def would have gotten more then just house arrest. But female pedos are never seen as harmful. It's just boys getting laid and they should be greatful. I highly doubt this was her first boy and I'm sure there will be more.
I agree. It's appalling really.
Old Mar 22nd, 2006, 03:51 AM   #10
country flag SelesFan70

SelesFan70 has a reputation beyond repute SelesFan70 has a reputation beyond repute SelesFan70 has a reputation beyond repute SelesFan70 has a reputation beyond repute SelesFan70 has a reputation beyond repute SelesFan70 has a reputation beyond repute SelesFan70 has a reputation beyond repute SelesFan70 has a reputation beyond repute SelesFan70 has a reputation beyond repute SelesFan70 has a reputation beyond repute SelesFan70 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumpman23
Or if the rape victim was a girl this would not have happened either.

She's bipolar she says... Let me alone with her for, oh, 2 minutes she'd be dead.

Liberals: Hard on the unborn, soft on terrorists

Man-made climate change is a LIE

COUNTDOWN!
SelesFan70 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22nd, 2006, 03:52 AM   #11
country flag Infiniti2001
Veelieve!!!

Infiniti2001 has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by SelesFan70
Or if the rape victim was a girl this would not have happened either.

She's bipolar she says... Let me alone with her for, oh, 2 minutes she'd be dead.
Yep!! It's like she is the victim
Infiniti2001 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22nd, 2006, 03:54 AM   #12
country flag Solitaire

Solitaire has a reputation beyond repute Solitaire has a reputation beyond repute Solitaire has a reputation beyond repute Solitaire has a reputation beyond repute Solitaire has a reputation beyond repute Solitaire has a reputation beyond repute Solitaire has a reputation beyond repute Solitaire has a reputation beyond repute Solitaire has a reputation beyond repute Solitaire has a reputation beyond repute Solitaire has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by SelesFan70
She's bipolar she says...

She also said she was a "Christian" oh boy. She's also engagged and I really hope she doesn't have any sons.
The woods are hopeless. Don't waste your time, they will be destroyed. So will the marsh. It is a losing game mankind has played for more than a century. Sadness is what you are, do not deny it. The universe is a lonely place, a painful place. This is what we can share between us, period.
Solitaire is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22nd, 2006, 04:13 AM   #13
country flag Crazy Canuck

Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute
Since when has bipolar disorder been an excuse for pedophilia? I clearly missed that chapter.
Crazy Canuck is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22nd, 2006, 01:24 PM   #14
country flag lizchris

lizchris has a reputation beyond repute lizchris has a reputation beyond repute lizchris has a reputation beyond repute lizchris has a reputation beyond repute lizchris has a reputation beyond repute lizchris has a reputation beyond repute lizchris has a reputation beyond repute lizchris has a reputation beyond repute lizchris has a reputation beyond repute lizchris has a reputation beyond repute lizchris has a reputation beyond repute
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solitaire
She also said she was a "Christian" oh boy. She's also engagged and I really hope she doesn't have any sons.

She should do society a favor and ger her tubs tied or get a hysterectomy.
Vania King, Sloane Stephens
Michael Joseph Jackson|1958-2009|RIP King of Music

Whitney Elizabeth Houston|1963-2012|RIP Queen of Music
lizchris is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22nd, 2006, 01:28 PM   #15
country flag Helen Lawson

Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute
She's white, female, hot, and young, and apparently had the dough for a top criminal defense attorney. The result is sickening, but not surprising. If she'd been a dog, she'd be doing ten years plus. If a guy, like 20 years. Guy on boy, 30 years.
The only other thing I can think is that these boys either then or now look very mature, I mean, a lot of 14-15 year old boys don't look like little kids and they feared she'd get acquitted or something, at least that would explain the probation and house arrest she got for the other charges.