Kateryna Bondarenko Cheering Thread! - Page 7 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Dec 17th, 2006, 09:44 AM   #91
country flag Epigone
I love Jelica!

Epigone has a reputation beyond repute Epigone has a reputation beyond repute Epigone has a reputation beyond repute Epigone has a reputation beyond repute Epigone has a reputation beyond repute Epigone has a reputation beyond repute Epigone has a reputation beyond repute Epigone has a reputation beyond repute Epigone has a reputation beyond repute Epigone has a reputation beyond repute Epigone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Kateryna Bondarenko Cheering Thread!

Singles - SF
Katya d. Klara ZAKOPALOVA (CZE) (7) 6-1 4-6 6-2

Kookie crumbled

Good luck in the final!!!

Doubles - Final
Jugic-Salkic/Kostanic d. Katya/Valeria 6-3 6-0

Epigone is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 17th, 2006, 12:32 PM   #92
country flag daniela86

daniela86 has a reputation beyond repute daniela86 has a reputation beyond repute daniela86 has a reputation beyond repute daniela86 has a reputation beyond repute daniela86 has a reputation beyond repute daniela86 has a reputation beyond repute daniela86 has a reputation beyond repute daniela86 has a reputation beyond repute daniela86 has a reputation beyond repute daniela86 has a reputation beyond repute daniela86 has a reputation beyond repute

Katya An impressive win Good luck against Dzehalevich now I think it's a winnable mattch even if Katya D was very impressive against Vassilisa and Emma Laine
Kerber~~Voegele~~Jankovic~~Zvonareva~~Karolina and Krystina Pliskova
daniela86 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17th, 2006, 11:01 PM   #93
country flag Epigone
I love Jelica!

Epigone has a reputation beyond repute Epigone has a reputation beyond repute Epigone has a reputation beyond repute Epigone has a reputation beyond repute Epigone has a reputation beyond repute Epigone has a reputation beyond repute Epigone has a reputation beyond repute Epigone has a reputation beyond repute Epigone has a reputation beyond repute Epigone has a reputation beyond repute Epigone has a reputation beyond repute

Singles - Final
Katya d. Ekaterina Dzehalevich 6-1 6-3

Quote:
Bondarenko triumphs at Al Habtoor

By Alaric Gomes, Staff Reporter

Dubai: Former junior Wimbledon champion Katerina Bondarenko brushed aside pretender Ekaterina Dzehalevich 6-1, 6-3 to win the 8th Al Habtoor Tennis Challenge at the Grand Habtoor Resort and Spa yesterday.
Bondarenko, who won the junior Wimbledon crown in 2004, was in a hurry from the start as she swept through the opening set 6-1 in under 20 minutes.
She stepped up her efforts in the second, and despite losing her serve once, the Ukrainian showed who was in charge as she served out for the match 6-3.
Sultan Al Habtoor, President of Al Habtoor Motors, Rahim Abu Omar, CEO of Habtoor Hospitality, and Farid Jayussi, tournament director, presented the trophies to the winners at the end.
This was the third visit for both the finalists, but it was Bondarenko who showed more purpose as she stayed focused through the final. "I just wanted to play my game and give her as little time as possible to get her rhythm," Bondarenko said.
Quick lead
"The key was to keep the games short and that pretty much worked today," she smiled.
The Ukrainian took hardly any time to power her way to a quick 4-0 lead with breaks in the second and fourth games. Dzehalevich broke her opponent to win her first point at 5-1, but Bondarenko showed no signs of relenting as she took the set 6-1.
The start of the second set was more evenly matched with Dzehalevich matching her 120th ranked rival. The Belarussian, in fact, had the upper hand in the middle of the set as she broke Bondarenko to lead for the first time at 3-2.
But the 20-year-old Ukrainian had other plans as she broke back on two successive occasions to serve out for the set and match. "Somehow my legs just gave way today," Dzehalevich lamented.
"Maybe I lost all my energy getting so far into this tournament that I did not have anything left in the tank," she shrugged.
"Reaching the final was a good achievement, but I should have matched this with a good show today."
Bondarenko was pleased with the way she has ended her season. "It is always good to take a break with a victory under the belt," she said.
"I will be in a better frame of mind when I start off the new season in Hobart and then at the Australian Open next month," Bondarenko added.
Meanwhile, Jelena Kostanic, the top seed in the singles, made up for her disappointment as she teamed up with Mervana Jugic-Salkic to defeat the Bondarenko sisters 6-3, 6-0 for the doubles crown.
link
Old Dec 18th, 2006, 12:00 PM   #94
country flag lee station

lee station has a brilliant future lee station has a brilliant future lee station has a brilliant future lee station has a brilliant future lee station has a brilliant future lee station has a brilliant future lee station has a brilliant future lee station has a brilliant future lee station has a brilliant future lee station has a brilliant future lee station has a brilliant future
Talking Re: Kateryna Bondarenko Cheering Thread!

Congrats!!!!!
lee station is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7th, 2007, 11:46 AM   #95
country flag Epigone
I love Jelica!

Hobart - 1st round

Monday, January 8, 2007

Centre Court (from 09.00hrs)
1. Nakamura vs. Zakopalova (Singles Q Final)
2. Likhovtseva vs. Oprandi (NB 10.00hrs)
3. Brémond vs. Krajicek
4. Kirilenko vs. Mirza
5. Molik vs. Kostanic
6. Moore vs. A.Bondarenko
7. Arvidsson vs. S.Williams (NB 19.00hrs)
8. Mirza/Molik vs. A.Bondarenko/K.Bondarenko

That's a tough 1st round match

Good luck!
Old Jan 7th, 2007, 11:53 AM   #96
country flag daniela86

daniela86 has a reputation beyond repute daniela86 has a reputation beyond repute daniela86 has a reputation beyond repute daniela86 has a reputation beyond repute daniela86 has a reputation beyond repute daniela86 has a reputation beyond repute daniela86 has a reputation beyond repute daniela86 has a reputation beyond repute daniela86 has a reputation beyond repute daniela86 has a reputation beyond repute daniela86 has a reputation beyond repute

Why doesn't Katya play singles ? Anyone knows?
Best of luck in doubles ! It's a very tough match indeed but Alona has beaten Sania/Alicia in Istanbul with Yakimova . Maybe she can do it again
Kerber~~Voegele~~Jankovic~~Zvonareva~~Karolina and Krystina Pliskova
daniela86 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8th, 2007, 10:11 AM   #97
country flag Epigone
I love Jelica!

Mirza/Molik d. Katya/Alona 6-1 7-6(6)

Katya and Alona saved MPx2 at*3-5, then lead *6-4 in the TB

This should have gone to a 3rd set

Last edited by Epigone : Jan 8th, 2007 at 10:17 AM.
Old Jan 10th, 2007, 07:53 AM   #98
country flag Epigone
I love Jelica!

Katya's section of the AO qualifying draw

Kateryna Bondarenko UKR (1)
vs. Alize Cornet FRA
Anne Keothavong GBR vs. Junri Namigata JPN
Maria Jose Argeri ARG vs. Shuai Zhang CHN
Yevgenia Savransky ISR vs. Mathilde Johansson FRA (23)

Please qualify!!!
Old Jan 11th, 2007, 04:36 AM   #99
country flag Epigone
I love Jelica!

AO qualifying - 1st round
Alize Cornet d. Katya 6-4 1-6 6-4

Katya had 31 winners and 55 unforced errors, while Alize had 14 winners and 33 unforced errors.

stats
Old Jan 11th, 2007, 07:16 AM   #100
country flag *Jean*

*Jean* has a reputation beyond repute *Jean* has a reputation beyond repute *Jean* has a reputation beyond repute *Jean* has a reputation beyond repute *Jean* has a reputation beyond repute *Jean* has a reputation beyond repute *Jean* has a reputation beyond repute *Jean* has a reputation beyond repute *Jean* has a reputation beyond repute *Jean* has a reputation beyond repute *Jean* has a reputation beyond repute

OMG what a big disappointment She HAD to qualify
RU '08 Sydney, New Haven '09 Monterrey '10 Wimbledon
Doubles WR '07 Fes, Forest Hills, Luxembourg '08 Amelia Island, Rome '09 Barcelona, Tashkent '10 Memphis, Moscow '11 Australian Open, Bastad '12 Paris '13 Sydney
RU '08 Miami, Moscow '09 Estoril '10 Eastbourne, Stanford, US Open '12 Montreal '14 Wimbledon
*Jean* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11th, 2007, 01:16 PM   #101
country flag lee station

lee station has a brilliant future lee station has a brilliant future lee station has a brilliant future lee station has a brilliant future lee station has a brilliant future lee station has a brilliant future lee station has a brilliant future lee station has a brilliant future lee station has a brilliant future lee station has a brilliant future lee station has a brilliant future

Kateryna will get better. She's had a good juniors career (and she beat Ivanovic in a juniors final!)

http://www.itftennis.com/juniors/pla...nent=100018598

Last edited by lee station : Jan 11th, 2007 at 01:31 PM.
lee station is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14th, 2007, 09:18 AM   #102
country flag Epigone
I love Jelica!

Katya's 1/8 of the AO doubles draw

Maria Elena Camerin ITA (12)/Gisela Dulko ARG (12) vs. Laura Granville USA /Carly Gullickson USA
Daniella Dominikovic AUS /Sophie Ferguson AUS vs. Jarmila Gajdosova SVK /Bryanne Stewart AUS
Alona Bondarenko UKR /Kateryna Bondarenko UKR vs. Lucie Safarova CZE /Tamarine Tanasugarn THA
Kaia Kanepi EST /Anna Smashnova ISR vs. Anna-Lena Groenefeld GER (7)/Meghann Shaughnessy USA (7)

Good luck!!!
Old Jan 18th, 2007, 05:16 AM   #103
country flag Epigone
I love Jelica!

Katya/Alona d. Safarova/Tanasugarn 6-4 6-3
Old Jan 19th, 2007, 05:47 AM   #104
country flag Epigone
I love Jelica!

Groenefeld/Shaughnessy d. Katya/Alona 6-7(5) 6-3 6-3

Katya and Alona had a chance to break back at 2-4* in the 3rd, but blew BPX2
Old Jan 19th, 2007, 11:30 AM   #105
country flag Epigone
I love Jelica!

Quote:
Bondarenko sisters aiming high by Naomi Levin
Friday, 19 January, 2007

You'll be hearing game, set, match Bondarenko and Bondarenko a lot more if these two Ukrainian sisters have their way.
Alona, 22, and Kateryna Bondarenko, 20, have paired up for the first time at a Grand Slam and, despite losing in the second round, are looking to have a lengthy doubles career together.
After beating Lucie Safarova and Tamarine Tanasugarn 6-4 6-3 in the first round, the Bondarenkos battled hard in the sticky Melbourne heat, but came up short against tournament seventh-seeds Anna-Lena Groenefeld and Meghann Shaughnessy.
The pairs traded breaks in the first set with neither team able to get a clear advantage. The opener went to a tiebreaker, which the Bondarenkos won, but the heat, and their opponent's superior experience, was too much - Groenefeld and Shaughnessy taking the match 6(5)-7 6-3 6-3.
Alona said that having her sister around was a real help because they provide each other with plenty of motivation and encouragement.
"I think sisters playing doubles together is better," Alona said despite the loss.
"I know today I was playing worse than her, but she supported me. (During the match) I say, 'sorry' and she says, 'it's ok, never mind. Tomorrow or next time you will be better'."
"With sisters, it's easier."
The sisters are coached by their mother Natalia, but she runs her own tennis academy and is not able to travel with her daughters. On the tour, coaching tends to be left up to Alona, as the older and higher-ranked sister.
"Sometimes she is a bad coach," Kateryna joked.
The two admit that they do fight from time to time, but it is just a bit of sibling rivalry.
"Almost every time we play, we fight, but then, after a few points, we are ok with each other," Kateryna said laughing.
link

pic of the sisters