Kateryna Bondarenko Cheering Thread! - Page 11 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 28th, 2007, 04:05 PM   #151
country flag daniela86

daniela86 has a reputation beyond repute daniela86 has a reputation beyond repute daniela86 has a reputation beyond repute daniela86 has a reputation beyond repute daniela86 has a reputation beyond repute daniela86 has a reputation beyond repute daniela86 has a reputation beyond repute daniela86 has a reputation beyond repute daniela86 has a reputation beyond repute daniela86 has a reputation beyond repute daniela86 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Kateryna Bondarenko Cheering Thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epigone View Post
It looks as though Sania Mirza gave Katya a walkover...
yeah,it's a pity for Sania I would have prefered a true win but Katya is for the first time of her career in a QF of a Tier2 tournament She will be back in the top 100 next week
Good luck for tomorrow!
Bencic~~Voegele~~Jankovic~~Zvonareva~~Karolina and Krystina Pliskova ~~Giorgi
daniela86 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 28th, 2007, 04:55 PM   #152
country flag Epigone
I love Jelica!

Epigone has a reputation beyond repute Epigone has a reputation beyond repute Epigone has a reputation beyond repute Epigone has a reputation beyond repute Epigone has a reputation beyond repute Epigone has a reputation beyond repute Epigone has a reputation beyond repute Epigone has a reputation beyond repute Epigone has a reputation beyond repute Epigone has a reputation beyond repute Epigone has a reputation beyond repute

The scoreboard froze at Katya/Alona 2-6 6-2 *0-5 ADV-40

They have already saved MPx2

They were broken in the 2nd game of the 3rd set after saving BPx2 and then blowing a GP. In the 3rd game, they led 40-0* and had another BP chance, but couldn't convert . They were then broken again in the 4th game
Epigone is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28th, 2007, 05:12 PM   #153
country flag Epigone
I love Jelica!

Epigone has a reputation beyond repute Epigone has a reputation beyond repute Epigone has a reputation beyond repute Epigone has a reputation beyond repute Epigone has a reputation beyond repute Epigone has a reputation beyond repute Epigone has a reputation beyond repute Epigone has a reputation beyond repute Epigone has a reputation beyond repute Epigone has a reputation beyond repute Epigone has a reputation beyond repute

Katya will most likely face Jelena Jankovic in the QF

According to Eggy's rankings, Katya will be ranked #92 if she doesn't go any further this week (although I hope that she does ). That will be a new career-high (she was ranked #94 in August last year).
Old Feb 28th, 2007, 05:58 PM   #154
country flag Epigone
I love Jelica!

Jankovic d. Camerin 6-0 6-1, so Katya has a tough assignment ahead of her

According to a Croatian poster, teletext said that Groenefeld/Shaughnessy d. Katya/Alona 6-2 2-6 6-0
Old Mar 1st, 2007, 03:01 AM   #155
country flag Epigone
I love Jelica!

Thursday, March 1, 2007
Court 1 (from 16.00hrs)
1. Jankovic vs. K.Bondarenko
2. Hingis/Kirilenko vs. Husarova/Peschke (after suitable rest)

The match won't be on TV

I wish that Katya had played Mirza because then we could have seen her again

Katya, start winning more matches in big tournaments so that we can watch you play!
Old Mar 1st, 2007, 03:36 PM   #156
country flag Epigone
I love Jelica!

I think that Jankovic may have defeated Katya 6-3 6-3

The tournament scoreboard froze at Katya 3-6
livescore.com is frozen at Katya 3-6 5-3
Eurosport.com is frozen at Katya 3-6 5-3
Yahoo said the score was Katya 3-6 3-4 and then 3-6 3-6
Someone said Serbian Eurosport said it was Katya 3-6 6-5 with Jankovic serving.
Someone called the tournament and was told that Katya won the 2nd set 6-3, then they called back and was told Jankovic won 6-3 6-3, then they called again and was told Jankovic won 6-3 6-3
However, someone just said that the odds on the match are changing, which means that it could still be going

Oh, and like I said in Alona's thread, the doubles score was actually (2) Groenefeld/Shaughnessy (GER/USA) d. Bondarenko/Bondarenko (UKR/UKR) 6-2 2-6 6-4

What a pathetic tournament
Old Mar 1st, 2007, 03:39 PM   #157
country flag lee station

lee station has a brilliant future lee station has a brilliant future lee station has a brilliant future lee station has a brilliant future lee station has a brilliant future lee station has a brilliant future lee station has a brilliant future lee station has a brilliant future lee station has a brilliant future lee station has a brilliant future lee station has a brilliant future

it's a mess to say the least. Kateryna probably won the second set
edit: so it's 36,36?
but quarters, that's a good result

Last edited by lee station : Mar 1st, 2007 at 04:56 PM.
lee station is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1st, 2007, 05:31 PM   #158
country flag Epigone
I love Jelica!

From wtatour.com
(4) Jelena Jankovic (SRB) d. (Q) Kateryna Bondarenko (UKR) 6-3 6-3

Katya

Still, this has been a great week
Old Mar 1st, 2007, 08:42 PM   #159
country flag Epigone
I love Jelica!

OMG...
Quote:
well serbian b92 (usualy reliable website) has an interview with Jelena where they say that KB retired while leading 53 in the second. Jelena says that she is in pain, her ankle is hutring more than in her first match and she can't wait to go to Belgrade to see her doctor. She is quite happy with reaching semis (with one leg, she says) and she will try her best tomorrow, but the whole statement doesn't sound too optimistic.
link

For what it's worth, my Eursport.com scoreboard is still open and the score is Katya 3-6 *5-3 ADV-40.

Okay, WTF????

While I was typing that, the score must have changed to 6-3 6-3

Oh, and Tenis Srbija said he thinks that Jelena told him that she won 6-3 6-3

I hope that Katya isn't injured
Old Mar 1st, 2007, 08:59 PM   #160
country flag lee station

lee station has a brilliant future lee station has a brilliant future lee station has a brilliant future lee station has a brilliant future lee station has a brilliant future lee station has a brilliant future lee station has a brilliant future lee station has a brilliant future lee station has a brilliant future lee station has a brilliant future lee station has a brilliant future

get well soon if you're injured, Kateryna

the wtatour results page today still says 36 36
in conclusion this tournament is a mess

Last edited by lee station : Mar 2nd, 2007 at 11:14 AM.
Old Mar 3rd, 2007, 02:02 PM   #161
country flag Epigone
I love Jelica!

The final score was 6-3 6-3 and Katya wasn't injured

Katya needed treatment for an injured finger in the match against ALG, but I doubt that would have caused her problems because she played doubles after that.

BTW, did anyone see Katya yell at the umpire in that match because she thought that a serve down the T was an ace, but it was called a fault?

I like her accent
Old Mar 5th, 2007, 09:33 AM   #162
country flag Epigone
I love Jelica!

Indian Wells - Qualifying Draw
(11) GALLOVITS, Edina ROU vs BONDARENKO, Kateryna UKR
GER MALEK, Tatjana GER vs (14) BARROIS, Kristina GER

(12) GAGLIARDI, Emmanuelle SUI vs VANDEWEGHE, Coco USA
LEE-WATERS, Lindsay USA vs (18) FORETZ, Stephanie FRA

Let's hope that Katya can qualify and have another great week
Old Mar 5th, 2007, 10:29 AM   #163
country flag Epigone
I love Jelica!

It turns out that Katya is ranked #94 this week, rather than #92

Hopefully she will reach a new career-high after Indian Wells
Old Mar 5th, 2007, 04:19 PM   #164
country flag Epigone
I love Jelica!

OOP for Monday
STADIUM 3 start 10:00 am
[7]S Kloesel (GER) vs S Zahlavova (CZE)
M Johansson (FRA) vs [20]K Zakopalova (CZE)
[11]E Gallovits (ROU) vs K Bondarenko (UKR)
L Lee-Waters (USA) vs [18]S Foretz (FRA)
L Nelson (USA) vs [19]A Spears (USA)
[2]V Azarenka (BLR) vs P Suarez (ARG)

Good luck!!!
Old Mar 5th, 2007, 05:34 PM   #165
country flag lee station

Thumbs up Re: Kateryna Bondarenko Cheering Thread!

C'mon Kateryna, good luck!