How many players have done this? - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 18th, 2006, 11:25 PM   #1
country flag venus_rulez
Keepin That Tutty Fresh!

venus_rulez has a reputation beyond repute venus_rulez has a reputation beyond repute venus_rulez has a reputation beyond repute venus_rulez has a reputation beyond repute venus_rulez has a reputation beyond repute venus_rulez has a reputation beyond repute venus_rulez has a reputation beyond repute venus_rulez has a reputation beyond repute venus_rulez has a reputation beyond repute venus_rulez has a reputation beyond repute venus_rulez has a reputation beyond repute
How many players have done this?

Made at least one quarter final of a slam each year since they played their very first main draw? I know of at least one. The goddess Venus Williams:

97- Finals of US Open
98- Quarters of Oz, French, Wimbledon, Semis of US
99- Quarters of Oz, Wimbledon, Semis of US
00- Quarters of French, Winner of Wimbledon & US
01- Semis of Oz, Winner of Wimbledon & US
02- Quarters of Oz, Finals of French, Wimbledon, US
03- Final of Oz, Wimbledon
04- Quarters of French
05- Winner of Wimbledon, Quarters of US
06- Winner of French, Wimbledon, & US

Who else has accomplished this? I would think not too many other players since most probably aren't as good as Venus was at her age and I would think that a lot of players that reach the top of tennis like venus has, probably play their first slam much sooner than she did.

I GOT 5 ON IT!!!!! VENUS WILLIAMS 5 TIME WIMBLEDON CHAMPION!!!!!
venus_rulez is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 18th, 2006, 11:27 PM   #2
country flag Ryan
NeverWoz

Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute
Are you talking about consecutive years, or consecutive years played? Hingis would go 96, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 05. 8 years, one behind Venus' impressive streak of 9.
Ryan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18th, 2006, 11:28 PM   #3
country flag The Daviator

The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute
No offence venus rulez, but I doubt that achievement will be on her tombstone....

Venus - 'reached atleast 1 GS 1/4 every year' You're being a bit specific there
Old Mar 18th, 2006, 11:30 PM   #4
country flag xin_hui

xin_hui has a reputation beyond repute xin_hui has a reputation beyond repute xin_hui has a reputation beyond repute xin_hui has a reputation beyond repute xin_hui has a reputation beyond repute xin_hui has a reputation beyond repute xin_hui has a reputation beyond repute xin_hui has a reputation beyond repute xin_hui has a reputation beyond repute xin_hui has a reputation beyond repute xin_hui has a reputation beyond repute
impressive. but please tell me the point of the thread?
xin_hui is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18th, 2006, 11:31 PM   #5
country flag venus_rulez
Keepin That Tutty Fresh!

venus_rulez has a reputation beyond repute venus_rulez has a reputation beyond repute venus_rulez has a reputation beyond repute venus_rulez has a reputation beyond repute venus_rulez has a reputation beyond repute venus_rulez has a reputation beyond repute venus_rulez has a reputation beyond repute venus_rulez has a reputation beyond repute venus_rulez has a reputation beyond repute venus_rulez has a reputation beyond repute venus_rulez has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan
Are you talking about consecutive years, or consecutive years played? Hingis would go 96, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 05. 8 years, one behind Venus' impressive streak of 9.

I mean who's made at least one since they first started playing. Venus didn't play slams until 97 and she's made at least a quarter every year. I'm curious how many others have done it, since most players probably had a lot of early losses at slams before they became that consistent.

Old Mar 18th, 2006, 11:33 PM   #6
country flag venus_rulez
Keepin That Tutty Fresh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Daviator
No offence venus rulez, but I doubt that achievement will be on her tombstone....

True, But it was a random thought that occurred to me and off the top of my head I couldn't think of any other person who'd done it, so who better to share it with than you guys?

Old Mar 18th, 2006, 11:34 PM   #7
country flag venus_rulez
Keepin That Tutty Fresh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gurl_tennis
impressive. but please tell me the point of the thread?

Umm...to find out how many other people have done it. I listed that in the first post.

Old Mar 18th, 2006, 11:38 PM   #8
country flag IceHock

IceHock has a reputation beyond repute IceHock has a reputation beyond repute IceHock has a reputation beyond repute IceHock has a reputation beyond repute IceHock has a reputation beyond repute IceHock has a reputation beyond repute IceHock has a reputation beyond repute IceHock has a reputation beyond repute IceHock has a reputation beyond repute IceHock has a reputation beyond repute IceHock has a reputation beyond repute
martina navritilova has but i didnt count last year when she was 47 or 48.
IceHock is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18th, 2006, 11:40 PM   #9
country flag The Daviator

The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute

Venus is great, no question, and she has many records to her name, and I guess that's, err, another one of them!
Old Mar 18th, 2006, 11:45 PM   #10
country flag ceiling_fan

ceiling_fan has a reputation beyond repute ceiling_fan has a reputation beyond repute ceiling_fan has a reputation beyond repute ceiling_fan has a reputation beyond repute ceiling_fan has a reputation beyond repute ceiling_fan has a reputation beyond repute ceiling_fan has a reputation beyond repute ceiling_fan has a reputation beyond repute ceiling_fan has a reputation beyond repute ceiling_fan has a reputation beyond repute ceiling_fan has a reputation beyond repute
that is a pretty cool stat
ceiling_fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19th, 2006, 12:01 AM   #11
country flag MH0861

MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute
Monica Seles had a pretty good streak going, atleast the quarters of a slam every year 1989-2002.. except for 1994 when she didn't play at all, and the streak ended in her injury plagued 2003 season.

Lindsay Davenport didn't start her career off with a QF slam finish, but she has made the Quarters of a slam every year from 1994-2006.
MH0861 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19th, 2006, 02:18 AM   #12
country flag darrinbaker00
Serena's #1 Hater

darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute
Chris Evert WON at least one major a year from 1975-1987. Next topic, please.
"He who finds a wife finds a good thing, and obtains favor from the Lord." -- Proverbs 18:22

"Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard." -- Herb Brooks

"A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life." -- Muhammad Ali
darrinbaker00 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19th, 2006, 02:29 AM   #13
country flag ccrood

ccrood is just really nice ccrood is just really nice ccrood is just really nice ccrood is just really nice ccrood is just really nice ccrood is just really nice ccrood is just really nice ccrood is just really nice ccrood is just really nice ccrood is just really nice ccrood is just really nice
just happy Venus is still putting it on the line....un-like sis
ccrood is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19th, 2006, 02:29 AM   #14
country flag Sonf@
yo soy darks

Sonf@ has a reputation beyond repute Sonf@ has a reputation beyond repute Sonf@ has a reputation beyond repute Sonf@ has a reputation beyond repute Sonf@ has a reputation beyond repute Sonf@ has a reputation beyond repute Sonf@ has a reputation beyond repute Sonf@ has a reputation beyond repute Sonf@ has a reputation beyond repute Sonf@ has a reputation beyond repute Sonf@ has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by darrinbaker00
Chris Evert WON at least one major a year from 1975-1987. Next topic, please.
mi mascota es tan grande que necesita un trailer para desayunar
Sonf@ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19th, 2006, 02:30 AM   #15
country flag Brooklyn90

Brooklyn90 has a reputation beyond repute Brooklyn90 has a reputation beyond repute Brooklyn90 has a reputation beyond repute Brooklyn90 has a reputation beyond repute Brooklyn90 has a reputation beyond repute Brooklyn90 has a reputation beyond repute Brooklyn90 has a reputation beyond repute Brooklyn90 has a reputation beyond repute Brooklyn90 has a reputation beyond repute Brooklyn90 has a reputation beyond repute Brooklyn90 has a reputation beyond repute
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Daviator

that would be a long inscription