INDIAN WELLS SF: Dementieva def. Henin-Hardenne 2-6 7-5 7-5! - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 18th, 2006, 12:28 AM   #1
country flag Hayato

Hayato has a reputation beyond repute Hayato has a reputation beyond repute Hayato has a reputation beyond repute Hayato has a reputation beyond repute Hayato has a reputation beyond repute Hayato has a reputation beyond repute Hayato has a reputation beyond repute Hayato has a reputation beyond repute Hayato has a reputation beyond repute Hayato has a reputation beyond repute Hayato has a reputation beyond repute
INDIAN WELLS SF: Dementieva def. Henin-Hardenne 2-6 7-5 7-5!

What a match! What a comeback from Elena
She trailed 6-2 *5-2, Justine serving for the match.
Justine was up a break in the second too...but saved a match/break point at *4-5 30-40.
It was a very tight third set- Elena won 35 points and Juju won 34 and Elena only did 1 double fault.
Still 14 double faults from Elena for the match, but Justine served 7.
Justine 7/17 break point conversions, Elena 7/21 break point conversions.
Match lasted 2 hours 50 mins
Justine won more points though...
Hayato is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 18th, 2006, 12:30 AM   #2
country flag Hachiko

Hachiko has a reputation beyond repute Hachiko has a reputation beyond repute Hachiko has a reputation beyond repute Hachiko has a reputation beyond repute Hachiko has a reputation beyond repute Hachiko has a reputation beyond repute Hachiko has a reputation beyond repute Hachiko has a reputation beyond repute Hachiko has a reputation beyond repute Hachiko has a reputation beyond repute Hachiko has a reputation beyond repute
Justine deserved that just as much, if not more than Elena. I can't believe her choke!
Hachiko is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18th, 2006, 12:35 AM   #3
country flag Mightymirza

Mightymirza has a reputation beyond repute Mightymirza has a reputation beyond repute Mightymirza has a reputation beyond repute Mightymirza has a reputation beyond repute Mightymirza has a reputation beyond repute Mightymirza has a reputation beyond repute Mightymirza has a reputation beyond repute Mightymirza has a reputation beyond repute Mightymirza has a reputation beyond repute Mightymirza has a reputation beyond repute Mightymirza has a reputation beyond repute
davai lena..I was supporting you in this match coz u were heavy underdog..Its okay justine I am sure next time you will do much better...Now lena you HAVE to take down Scremapova..All this hardwork over this week..Please let it pay off..Give us BIGGest win of your career..We are all waiting for it...And then we will see again in RG...Some on elena..Dont let that screamer win...

Martina Hingis Ana Ivanovic Myskina Safarova

When I have my goals set, I always attain them- Justine
Mightymirza is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18th, 2006, 12:37 AM   #4
country flag rottweily

rottweily has a reputation beyond repute rottweily has a reputation beyond repute rottweily has a reputation beyond repute rottweily has a reputation beyond repute rottweily has a reputation beyond repute rottweily has a reputation beyond repute rottweily has a reputation beyond repute rottweily has a reputation beyond repute rottweily has a reputation beyond repute rottweily has a reputation beyond repute rottweily has a reputation beyond repute
The match was a suckfest.
Old Mar 18th, 2006, 12:40 AM   #5
country flag F-R-E-A-K

F-R-E-A-K has a reputation beyond repute F-R-E-A-K has a reputation beyond repute F-R-E-A-K has a reputation beyond repute F-R-E-A-K has a reputation beyond repute F-R-E-A-K has a reputation beyond repute F-R-E-A-K has a reputation beyond repute F-R-E-A-K has a reputation beyond repute F-R-E-A-K has a reputation beyond repute F-R-E-A-K has a reputation beyond repute F-R-E-A-K has a reputation beyond repute F-R-E-A-K has a reputation beyond repute
OMG Justine GO Maria!!
F-R-E-A-K is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18th, 2006, 12:40 AM   #6
the cat

the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute
That was a phenomenol win for Elena over Henin! It was one of the best wins of her career. What a comeback against Henin who is arguably the best and most talented female tennis player in the world.
Happiness is like a cat. If you try to coax it or call it, it will avoid you. It will never come. But if you pay no attention to it and go about your business, you'll find it rubbing up against your legs and jumping into your lap. - William Bennett

http://cornedbeefhash.files.wordpres...arcelona08.jpg
the cat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18th, 2006, 12:45 AM   #7
country flag parn2257

parn2257 is a name known to all parn2257 is a name known to all parn2257 is a name known to all parn2257 is a name known to all parn2257 is a name known to all parn2257 is a name known to all parn2257 is a name known to all parn2257 is a name known to all parn2257 is a name known to all parn2257 is a name known to all parn2257 is a name known to all
What a match! that was the greates match
What a comeback from first set Elena!!!!
in the second set 5-2, Justine was just serving for the match.
then elena did it finish second set 5-7
It was a very close games in the third set
Elena has show what a great fighter she is by hit only 1 double fault in third set.
and I hope that elena is not too tired because the match is longer than the mens match
GOOD LUCK ELENA FOR YOUR NEXT MATCH
Old Mar 18th, 2006, 12:45 AM   #8
country flag Apoleb

Apoleb has a reputation beyond repute Apoleb has a reputation beyond repute Apoleb has a reputation beyond repute Apoleb has a reputation beyond repute Apoleb has a reputation beyond repute Apoleb has a reputation beyond repute Apoleb has a reputation beyond repute Apoleb has a reputation beyond repute Apoleb has a reputation beyond repute Apoleb has a reputation beyond repute Apoleb has a reputation beyond repute
ugh.. ugly match.

Since the second set, both of them seemed to be content hitting to each other like it was a training session. Neither one was really going for broke except on few occasions, and it was Justine who was then coming up with the mistakes most of the time.

Justine looked kind of uninspired and sapped of energy since the second set on. I wouldn't be surprised if she had some sort of sickness. Her ground strokes, especially her forehand, lost a lot of power in the third set as she wasn't putting much body rotation into it.

Elena played it tactically perfect, and at the end, she was putting the balls too consistantly in. Great fight.
Apoleb is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18th, 2006, 12:49 AM   #9
country flag DEETHELICK

DEETHELICK has a reputation beyond repute DEETHELICK has a reputation beyond repute DEETHELICK has a reputation beyond repute DEETHELICK has a reputation beyond repute DEETHELICK has a reputation beyond repute DEETHELICK has a reputation beyond repute DEETHELICK has a reputation beyond repute DEETHELICK has a reputation beyond repute DEETHELICK has a reputation beyond repute DEETHELICK has a reputation beyond repute DEETHELICK has a reputation beyond repute
Elena is a fighter and displayed that quality today. Henin certainly got tight at 5-2, but Elena had to play stunning tennis to win 5 games in a row. She recognised Justine's weakness and began to attack it so consistently.

Elena can play many a style of tennis. It was her BH DTL off many a Justine slice BHs that got her into aggressive positions. She gets down so well.

Good luck tomorrow Elena
Old Mar 18th, 2006, 12:53 AM   #10
country flag kino
Registered 1

kino is an unknown quantity at this point
Some of you should give Elena some credit. It's no use when one chokes and the other can't take advantage of it. Elena held her nerves and did what she had to do. And she won.
kino is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18th, 2006, 12:53 AM   #11
country flag ys
Adrenaline junkie

ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute
I really didn't get what was going with Justine in the third set, and I don't mean injury..

First game of the third set. Suddenly she starts to return huge, like she never did in the whole match before. Four serves, four huge returns, break at love. Never did anything like that in any other game..

All third set - serving really soft stuff, by her standards. Suddenly after winning that great first matchpoint .. two huge serves. And the next service game - all attempts at very big first serves - where was that in the third set before.

Also, remember strange moment , in terms of rules, in the first set.. Lena serving at 1:1, I think 15 all. First serve fault. Then, she starts motion for the second serve - favourite Justine's hand goes up. Lena stops movement.. Wait for a second. Serves. Fault, meaning double fault. Looked like the same as infamous RG situation. I thought Lena was supposed to get two serves after JHH stopped her..

"the words “insane” and “insane person” and “lunatic” shall include every idiot, lunatic, insane person, and person non compos mentis" 1 U.S.C. §1

PLAY TENNIS!
ys is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18th, 2006, 12:53 AM   #12
country flag anlavalle

anlavalle has a brilliant future anlavalle has a brilliant future anlavalle has a brilliant future anlavalle has a brilliant future anlavalle has a brilliant future anlavalle has a brilliant future anlavalle has a brilliant future anlavalle has a brilliant future anlavalle has a brilliant future anlavalle has a brilliant future anlavalle has a brilliant future
congrats Elena, I`m with you in the final
anlavalle is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18th, 2006, 12:56 AM   #13
country flag Ryan
NeverWoz

Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by ys
I really didn't get what was going with Justine in the third set, and I don't mean injury..

First game of the third set. Suddenly she starts to return huge, like she never did in the whole match before. Four serves, four huge returns, break at love. Never did anything like that in any other game..

All third set - serving really soft stuff, by her standards. Suddenly after winning that great first matchpoint .. two huge serves. And the next service game - all attempts at very big first serves - where was that in the third set before.

Also, remember strange moment , in terms of rules, in the first set.. Lena serving at 1:1, I think 15 all. First serve fault. Then, she starts motion for the second serve - favourite Justine's hand goes up. Lena stops movement.. Wait for a second. Serves. Fault, meaning double fault. Looked like the same as infamous RG situation. I thought Lena was supposed to get two serves after JHH stopped her..

Hmm, not quite like RG. Serena was serving first serve, and followed through and the ball went into the net. Since Justine's hand was up and Serena didn't see it, it was supposed to be first serve. At least, I don't think Elena should have had 2 serves since it was second serve, and she stopped.
Ryan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18th, 2006, 01:07 AM   #14
country flag ys
Adrenaline junkie

ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan
Hmm, not quite like RG. Serena was serving first serve, and followed through and the ball went into the net. Since Justine's hand was up and Serena didn't see it, it was supposed to be first serve. At least, I don't think Elena should have had 2 serves since it was second serve, and she stopped.
Here are the rules:

Delays during service. When the server’s second service motion is interrupted by a ball coming onto the court, he is entitled to two serves.
When there is a delay between the first and second serves:
The server gets one serve if he was the cause of the delay

The server gets two serves if the delay was caused by the receiver or if there was outside interference.

"the words “insane” and “insane person” and “lunatic” shall include every idiot, lunatic, insane person, and person non compos mentis" 1 U.S.C. §1

PLAY TENNIS!
ys is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18th, 2006, 01:15 AM   #15
country flag hablo

hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by ys
Here are the rules:

Delays during service. When the server’s second service motion is interrupted by a ball coming onto the court, he is entitled to two serves.
When there is a delay between the first and second serves:
The server gets one serve if he was the cause of the delay

The server gets two serves if the delay was caused by the receiver or if there was outside interference.
Dementieva still won the match

GO all Canuck players GO
hablo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote