Serena Williams as the heatbeat of the WTA - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 17th, 2006, 03:23 PM   #1
country flag Marcell

Marcell has a reputation beyond repute Marcell has a reputation beyond repute Marcell has a reputation beyond repute Marcell has a reputation beyond repute Marcell has a reputation beyond repute Marcell has a reputation beyond repute Marcell has a reputation beyond repute Marcell has a reputation beyond repute Marcell has a reputation beyond repute Marcell has a reputation beyond repute Marcell has a reputation beyond repute
Serena Williams as the heatbeat of the WTA

When I heard that Serena withdrew from the Nasdaq I knew that there were going to be many post on this topic. I never thought that she had this kind of effect on people, both haters and fans. After checking out the many tennis message boards I have finally realized that this woman truly have cast a spell on many people. With a big match between Sharapova and Hingis coming up later today I truly believed that more people would have been hyped about this than the news that Serena has withdrawn from a tournament. What current player on tour generates this kind of passion from both fans and foes? Serena is desperately needed on the tour whether you love her or hate her and I hope she comes back soon.
Marcell is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 17th, 2006, 03:26 PM   #2
country flag Il Primo!
Number 1 Veeshabator in the game for a minute

Il Primo! has a reputation beyond repute Il Primo! has a reputation beyond repute Il Primo! has a reputation beyond repute Il Primo! has a reputation beyond repute Il Primo! has a reputation beyond repute Il Primo! has a reputation beyond repute Il Primo! has a reputation beyond repute Il Primo! has a reputation beyond repute Il Primo! has a reputation beyond repute Il Primo! has a reputation beyond repute Il Primo! has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcell
Serena is desperately needed on the tour whether you love her or hate her and I hope she comes back soon.
Il Primo! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17th, 2006, 03:31 PM   #3
country flag cheo23

cheo23 has a reputation beyond repute cheo23 has a reputation beyond repute cheo23 has a reputation beyond repute cheo23 has a reputation beyond repute cheo23 has a reputation beyond repute cheo23 has a reputation beyond repute cheo23 has a reputation beyond repute cheo23 has a reputation beyond repute cheo23 has a reputation beyond repute cheo23 has a reputation beyond repute cheo23 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcell
When I heard that Serena withdrew from the Nasdaq I knew that there were going to be many post on this topic. I never thought that she had this kind of effect on people, both haters and fans. After checking out the many tennis message boards I have finally realized that this woman truly have cast a spell on many people. With a big match between Sharapova and Hingis coming up later today I truly believed that more people would have been hyped about this than the news that Serena has withdrawn from a tournament. What current player on tour generates this kind of passion from both fans and foes? Serena is desperately needed on the tour whether you love her or hate her and I hope she comes back soon.
Miss Maria Sharapova generates alot of posts whether she WITHDRAWS FROM Tennis Tournaments/poses in magazines/loses/wins...so she's up there w/ SERENA as the "HEARTBEAT of the WTA"

GO MISS MASHA!!! WE LOVE U!!!

We love u 2 SERENA!!!!!
cheo23 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17th, 2006, 03:39 PM   #4
country flag jj74

jj74 has a reputation beyond repute jj74 has a reputation beyond repute jj74 has a reputation beyond repute jj74 has a reputation beyond repute jj74 has a reputation beyond repute jj74 has a reputation beyond repute jj74 has a reputation beyond repute jj74 has a reputation beyond repute jj74 has a reputation beyond repute jj74 has a reputation beyond repute jj74 has a reputation beyond repute
Well at this time with the return of Hingis it will be very interesting having both William sister (healthy and fit of course) on tour. And if some of the younsters (Vaidisova, Krajicek, Azarenka,...) improve and become a real thread could make the circuit even more interesting (like veterans against youngers again)
jj74 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17th, 2006, 03:40 PM   #5
country flag No Name Face

No Name Face has a reputation beyond repute No Name Face has a reputation beyond repute No Name Face has a reputation beyond repute No Name Face has a reputation beyond repute No Name Face has a reputation beyond repute No Name Face has a reputation beyond repute No Name Face has a reputation beyond repute No Name Face has a reputation beyond repute No Name Face has a reputation beyond repute No Name Face has a reputation beyond repute No Name Face has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheo23
Miss Maria Sharapova generates alot of posts whether she WITHDRAWS FROM Tennis Tournaments/poses in magazines/loses/wins...so she's up there w/ SERENA as the "HEARTBEAT of the WTA"

GO MISS MASHA!!! WE LOVE U!!!

We love u 2 SERENA!!!!!

Serena is the heartbeat, the brain, the legs, and the speaking voice of the WTA tour...as of now. we miss you babygirl, don't take us fans for granted.
No Name Face is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17th, 2006, 03:47 PM   #6
country flag cheo23

cheo23 has a reputation beyond repute cheo23 has a reputation beyond repute cheo23 has a reputation beyond repute cheo23 has a reputation beyond repute cheo23 has a reputation beyond repute cheo23 has a reputation beyond repute cheo23 has a reputation beyond repute cheo23 has a reputation beyond repute cheo23 has a reputation beyond repute cheo23 has a reputation beyond repute cheo23 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by No Name Face

Serena is the heartbeat, the brain, the legs, and the speaking voice of the WTA tour.
Well in my opinion...she's up there w/ SERENA as the "brain/legs/speaking voice of the WTA TOUR!!!!!"
cheo23 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17th, 2006, 04:08 PM   #7
calabar

calabar has much to be proud of calabar has much to be proud of calabar has much to be proud of calabar has much to be proud of calabar has much to be proud of calabar has much to be proud of calabar has much to be proud of calabar has much to be proud of calabar has much to be proud of calabar has much to be proud of calabar has much to be proud of
Quote:

Serena is the heartbeat, the brain, the legs, and the speaking voice of the WTA tour...as of now. we miss you babygirl, don't take us fans for granted.
Actually Venus is. Just take a closer look at the WTA's logo.

- Eleanor Roosevelt

Until the philosophy which holds one race
Superior and another inferior
Is finally and permanently discredited and abandoned
Everywhere is war, me say war...

- Bob Marley/Haile Selassie
calabar is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17th, 2006, 04:17 PM   #8
Ambrosia

Ambrosia is a glorious beacon of light Ambrosia is a glorious beacon of light Ambrosia is a glorious beacon of light Ambrosia is a glorious beacon of light Ambrosia is a glorious beacon of light Ambrosia is a glorious beacon of light Ambrosia is a glorious beacon of light Ambrosia is a glorious beacon of light Ambrosia is a glorious beacon of light Ambrosia is a glorious beacon of light Ambrosia is a glorious beacon of light
I think you mean - Serena Williams as the heartbeat of the WTA WORLD.

Ambrosia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17th, 2006, 04:23 PM   #9
country flag dreamgoddess099

dreamgoddess099 has a reputation beyond repute dreamgoddess099 has a reputation beyond repute dreamgoddess099 has a reputation beyond repute dreamgoddess099 has a reputation beyond repute dreamgoddess099 has a reputation beyond repute dreamgoddess099 has a reputation beyond repute dreamgoddess099 has a reputation beyond repute dreamgoddess099 has a reputation beyond repute dreamgoddess099 has a reputation beyond repute dreamgoddess099 has a reputation beyond repute dreamgoddess099 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheo23
Well in my opinion...she's up there w/ SERENA as the "brain/legs/speaking voice of the WTA TOUR!!!!!"
Not in America, Serena's matches still get the highest ratings of all players in America and she also still gets more media play in the USA. Serena's story and personality will always be more enduring in America because she made her own name with her athletic accomplishments. Sure Maria will cash in on her "look" and be worth tons of money (maybe more than Serena eventually), but no about of money or popularity can buy you status as a legend. It's like comparing Sabitini and Graf.
Old Mar 17th, 2006, 04:31 PM   #10
country flag Brooklyn90
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

Brooklyn90 has a reputation beyond repute Brooklyn90 has a reputation beyond repute Brooklyn90 has a reputation beyond repute Brooklyn90 has a reputation beyond repute Brooklyn90 has a reputation beyond repute Brooklyn90 has a reputation beyond repute Brooklyn90 has a reputation beyond repute Brooklyn90 has a reputation beyond repute Brooklyn90 has a reputation beyond repute Brooklyn90 has a reputation beyond repute Brooklyn90 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:

Old Mar 17th, 2006, 04:41 PM   #11
country flag tennisjay

tennisjay is a splendid one to behold tennisjay is a splendid one to behold tennisjay is a splendid one to behold tennisjay is a splendid one to behold tennisjay is a splendid one to behold tennisjay is a splendid one to behold tennisjay is a splendid one to behold tennisjay is a splendid one to behold tennisjay is a splendid one to behold tennisjay is a splendid one to behold tennisjay is a splendid one to behold
I agree Serena is loved and hated by many people that’s what make her the major star she is today, I think Maria in the future will get the same amount of attention because she also a divisive person you either hate her or love. They both Serena and Maria just have that star quality.
tennisjay is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17th, 2006, 04:41 PM   #12
pav

pav has a reputation beyond repute pav has a reputation beyond repute pav has a reputation beyond repute pav has a reputation beyond repute pav has a reputation beyond repute pav has a reputation beyond repute pav has a reputation beyond repute pav has a reputation beyond repute pav has a reputation beyond repute pav has a reputation beyond repute pav has a reputation beyond repute
She is certainly not the Meatbeat of the WTA
Old Mar 17th, 2006, 04:46 PM   #13
country flag Helen Lawson

Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute
I think Serena is a lot like Helen Lawson. I can just see Serena barking, "The only winner that comes out of a tournament entered by Serena Williams is Serena Williams, and that's ME, baby, remember?"
Old Mar 17th, 2006, 04:49 PM   #14
country flag Brooklyn90
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

Brooklyn90 has a reputation beyond repute Brooklyn90 has a reputation beyond repute Brooklyn90 has a reputation beyond repute Brooklyn90 has a reputation beyond repute Brooklyn90 has a reputation beyond repute Brooklyn90 has a reputation beyond repute Brooklyn90 has a reputation beyond repute Brooklyn90 has a reputation beyond repute Brooklyn90 has a reputation beyond repute Brooklyn90 has a reputation beyond repute Brooklyn90 has a reputation beyond repute
well in american serena is the most famous player hands down there on every talk show, magazine, tv adds, and on billboards.
Old Mar 17th, 2006, 05:37 PM   #15
country flag Mother_Marjorie
SWOOP!

Mother_Marjorie has a reputation beyond repute Mother_Marjorie has a reputation beyond repute Mother_Marjorie has a reputation beyond repute Mother_Marjorie has a reputation beyond repute Mother_Marjorie has a reputation beyond repute Mother_Marjorie has a reputation beyond repute Mother_Marjorie has a reputation beyond repute Mother_Marjorie has a reputation beyond repute Mother_Marjorie has a reputation beyond repute Mother_Marjorie has a reputation beyond repute Mother_Marjorie has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisjay
I think Maria in the future will get the same amount of attention because she also a divisive person...
There you go with your same bullshit all over again.

There is nothing divisive about Maria. If she were that divisive, she wouldn't have any sponsors. Its just the nut-cases out there who look for things to hate in everyone.
Mother_Marjorie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote