Chia-Jung Chuang cheering thread - Page 6 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 14th, 2008, 08:04 AM   #76
country flag andrewC

andrewC has a brilliant future andrewC has a brilliant future andrewC has a brilliant future andrewC has a brilliant future andrewC has a brilliant future andrewC has a brilliant future andrewC has a brilliant future andrewC has a brilliant future andrewC has a brilliant future andrewC has a brilliant future andrewC has a brilliant future
Re: Chia-Jung Chuang cheering thread

Excellent news for qualifying... just try your best against Vera now, the points for qualifying must have come in useful nonetheless
13 Doubles Titles (including 2004 Olympic Gold and 2008 AO Mixed)
Career High 77 (Singles) and 16 (Doubles)
andrewC is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 15th, 2008, 11:37 AM   #77
country flag KanSuke

KanSuke has a reputation beyond repute KanSuke has a reputation beyond repute KanSuke has a reputation beyond repute KanSuke has a reputation beyond repute KanSuke has a reputation beyond repute KanSuke has a reputation beyond repute KanSuke has a reputation beyond repute KanSuke has a reputation beyond repute KanSuke has a reputation beyond repute KanSuke has a reputation beyond repute KanSuke has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox View Post
Zvonareva cruises past Chuang

By Charles Bennett (Contact)
The Post and Courier
Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Vera Zvonareva wasn't quite sure what to expect from Chia-Jung Chuang, her first-round opponent Monday in the Family Circle Cup, but it didn't take her long to find out.
Ninth-seeded Zvonareva learned on the fly and dispatched Chuang 6-2, 6-2 in a one-hour match on stadium court.

Grace Beahm
The Post and Courier Vera Zvonareva volleys with Chia-Jung Chuang during their match on the Stadium Court at the Family Circle Cup.

"I did what I had to do today," said Zvonareva. "I've seen her play doubles, but I had never seen her play singles. It was a bit difficult and I didn't know what to expect (Monday). I had to figure it out on the court. I think I did it pretty well. But I think we'll hear about her more in the future. She's a pretty good player."
The 23-year-old Chuang, a qualifier ranked No. 409 in the world, was playing in her first main draw singles match this year.
She led 2-1 in the first set. Then Zvonareva found her rhythm and settled in and overpowered Chuang with her serve and superior ground strokes.
Both players seemed to have a bit of a problem getting their games revved up on a day of overcast skies and cool temperatures.
"It was a little bit cold today," Zvonareva said. "But I felt pretty good. It was my first match this year on clay, so it's really tough to play really good in a first match on clay."
Zvonareva, the highest seed to play on Monday, advances to meet the winner of today's first-round match between Olga Puchkova and Virginia Ruano Pascual.
Ranked 17th in the world, Zvonareva comes into the tournament after reaching the semifinals at Miami two weeks ago before losing to Jelena Jankovic.
Zvonareva withdrew from last week's tournament at Amelia Island because of a hamstring injury, but said she's in better health this week.
"I've played lots of matches, so I've been a little bit tired," said Zvonareva, who is 22-6 this year in singles. "But I felt pretty good today. I had a few days off after Miami and didn't go to Amelia Island because my hamstring was bothering me, but otherwise I feel pretty good right now."
Overall, she's satisfied to have her tournament off to a good start.
"I think I did pretty good today," she said. "I'm really happy that I got through."
Hope Chia-Jung plays more singles.
KanSuke is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12th, 2008, 02:52 AM   #78
country flag bendoyle

bendoyle is just really nice bendoyle is just really nice bendoyle is just really nice bendoyle is just really nice bendoyle is just really nice bendoyle is just really nice bendoyle is just really nice bendoyle is just really nice bendoyle is just really nice bendoyle is just really nice bendoyle is just really nice

good luck in 2009
bendoyle is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10th, 2009, 10:30 PM   #79
country flag KanSuke

KanSuke has a reputation beyond repute KanSuke has a reputation beyond repute KanSuke has a reputation beyond repute KanSuke has a reputation beyond repute KanSuke has a reputation beyond repute KanSuke has a reputation beyond repute KanSuke has a reputation beyond repute KanSuke has a reputation beyond repute KanSuke has a reputation beyond repute KanSuke has a reputation beyond repute KanSuke has a reputation beyond repute

CJ is partnering Mirza in IW and their first round opponent is Dulko/Peer.

Good luck

(Actually three taiwanese players in three different teams are in the same quarter.)
Old Mar 11th, 2009, 05:52 PM   #80
country flag Ellery
It's like cool epilepsy.

Ellery has a reputation beyond repute Ellery has a reputation beyond repute Ellery has a reputation beyond repute Ellery has a reputation beyond repute Ellery has a reputation beyond repute Ellery has a reputation beyond repute Ellery has a reputation beyond repute Ellery has a reputation beyond repute Ellery has a reputation beyond repute Ellery has a reputation beyond repute Ellery has a reputation beyond repute

CJ and Sania
Ellery is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11th, 2009, 07:22 PM   #81
country flag CrazyTennis

CrazyTennis is a name known to all CrazyTennis is a name known to all CrazyTennis is a name known to all CrazyTennis is a name known to all CrazyTennis is a name known to all CrazyTennis is a name known to all CrazyTennis is a name known to all CrazyTennis is a name known to all CrazyTennis is a name known to all CrazyTennis is a name known to all CrazyTennis is a name known to all

Good luck Chia-Jung!
CrazyTennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11th, 2009, 11:52 PM   #82
country flag andrewC

andrewC has a brilliant future andrewC has a brilliant future andrewC has a brilliant future andrewC has a brilliant future andrewC has a brilliant future andrewC has a brilliant future andrewC has a brilliant future andrewC has a brilliant future andrewC has a brilliant future andrewC has a brilliant future andrewC has a brilliant future

i hope she wins her first and second round matches, but TianTian to proceed from that quarter. Best of luck, really hope TianTian and Chuang get some good results soon!
Old Apr 3rd, 2009, 02:11 PM   #83
country flag KanSuke

Chia-Jung and Sania made Miami Semi Final

Now take out Peschke/Raymond
Old Apr 3rd, 2009, 03:37 PM   #84
country flag KanSuke

They have a really impressive run in Miami, defeating those top/in form teams

1R def. Benesova/Zahlavova Strycova 6-4 7-5
2R def. [8]Kirilenko/Pennetta 4-6 7-6(5) 10-4
QF def. [2]Medina Garrigues/Ruano Pascual 6-3 7-6(4)

And they will play Peschke/Raymond tonight for the ticket to the final.

CJ's mom said they will play together for the following two tournaments too, and if they get good results, they will partner each other regularly.
Old Apr 3rd, 2009, 03:53 PM   #85
country flag Rising Sun

Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future

What happened to CJ playing more singles this year?

I thought that was the whole point of her splitting up with Latisha. Kinda defeats the purpose...

I guess money talks. A shame really, since CJ is a good singles player, too.
Rising Sun is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3rd, 2009, 11:13 PM   #86
country flag Ellery
It's like cool epilepsy.

Ellery has a reputation beyond repute Ellery has a reputation beyond repute Ellery has a reputation beyond repute Ellery has a reputation beyond repute Ellery has a reputation beyond repute Ellery has a reputation beyond repute Ellery has a reputation beyond repute Ellery has a reputation beyond repute Ellery has a reputation beyond repute Ellery has a reputation beyond repute Ellery has a reputation beyond repute

CJ and Sania
Ellery is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5th, 2009, 10:53 AM   #87
country flag CrazyTennis

CrazyTennis is a name known to all CrazyTennis is a name known to all CrazyTennis is a name known to all CrazyTennis is a name known to all CrazyTennis is a name known to all CrazyTennis is a name known to all CrazyTennis is a name known to all CrazyTennis is a name known to all CrazyTennis is a name known to all CrazyTennis is a name known to all CrazyTennis is a name known to all

Good luck Chia-Jung! Get urself back in the top 10!!!
CrazyTennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8th, 2009, 11:33 PM   #88
country flag KanSuke

Chuang/Mirza (TPE/IND) d. Czink/Osterloh (HUN/USA) 60 36 105

Second set was Good luck next round against Mattek/Petrova.
Old Apr 9th, 2009, 07:19 PM   #89
country flag andrewC

Tough match against Petrova and Mattek... Good luck!
Old Apr 11th, 2009, 12:19 AM   #90
country flag KanSuke

Chia-Jung and Sania won 6-4 7-5