Chia-Jung Chuang cheering thread - Page 18 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 30th, 2011, 03:21 PM   #256
country flag Vaxey

Vaxey has a reputation beyond repute Vaxey has a reputation beyond repute Vaxey has a reputation beyond repute Vaxey has a reputation beyond repute Vaxey has a reputation beyond repute Vaxey has a reputation beyond repute Vaxey has a reputation beyond repute Vaxey has a reputation beyond repute Vaxey has a reputation beyond repute Vaxey has a reputation beyond repute Vaxey has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Chia-Jung Chuang cheering thread

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 25th, 2011, 03:46 AM   #257
country flag Chakvenus

Chakvenus has a brilliant future Chakvenus has a brilliant future Chakvenus has a brilliant future Chakvenus has a brilliant future Chakvenus has a brilliant future Chakvenus has a brilliant future Chakvenus has a brilliant future Chakvenus has a brilliant future Chakvenus has a brilliant future Chakvenus has a brilliant future Chakvenus has a brilliant future

CJ
losing to Ivanovic/Petkovic in doubles is just not acceptable!
I pray that she and Hsieh come to their sense and reinstate their partnership - they had been playing so well together this year!
Old May 21st, 2011, 02:42 PM   #258
country flag Chakvenus

Chakvenus has a brilliant future Chakvenus has a brilliant future Chakvenus has a brilliant future Chakvenus has a brilliant future Chakvenus has a brilliant future Chakvenus has a brilliant future Chakvenus has a brilliant future Chakvenus has a brilliant future Chakvenus has a brilliant future Chakvenus has a brilliant future Chakvenus has a brilliant future

Chuang partnered Amanmuradova on route to a title in Strasbourg this week!
Well done, CJ - what a great confidence booster for the FO!
Old May 24th, 2011, 09:26 PM   #259
country flag CrazyTennis

CrazyTennis is a name known to all CrazyTennis is a name known to all CrazyTennis is a name known to all CrazyTennis is a name known to all CrazyTennis is a name known to all CrazyTennis is a name known to all CrazyTennis is a name known to all CrazyTennis is a name known to all CrazyTennis is a name known to all CrazyTennis is a name known to all CrazyTennis is a name known to all

Chia-Jung/Govortsova lost to Stubbs/Dellaqua 4-6 0-6 in first round of Roland Garros. Disappointing results, even when their opponents are really tough. I think its time Chia-Jung re-evaluate who she should pair up with. I dont think Govortsova is in her calibre in terms of doubles.
CrazyTennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2011, 09:44 PM   #260
country flag Vaxey

Vaxey has a reputation beyond repute Vaxey has a reputation beyond repute Vaxey has a reputation beyond repute Vaxey has a reputation beyond repute Vaxey has a reputation beyond repute Vaxey has a reputation beyond repute Vaxey has a reputation beyond repute Vaxey has a reputation beyond repute Vaxey has a reputation beyond repute Vaxey has a reputation beyond repute Vaxey has a reputation beyond repute

Ehh... Cindy Why she plays with Govortosva?
Old May 24th, 2011, 10:57 PM   #261
country flag Chakvenus

^ Both of you are so right. Govortsova is an average doubles player at best, and is not someone that Chuang should be regularly teaming up with. Outside of Beijing last year, all of their results together have been really quite poor. I don't know what her motivation to continue playing with Olga, because it most certainly can't be results. Again, as I feel I have stressed 203847320 times (lol), I just do NOT see why she and Hsieh don't team up together. I understand that this year Hsieh has been putting aside more time for singles, and thus is playing some low-level ITFs that CJ wouldn't want to venture to, but they really did phenomenally at the AO, defeating two quality teams and pushing the finalists to 3 tough sets.
I don't know about you all, but I'm hoping to see some 'C. Chuang / S. Hsieh' on some upcoming draw sheets this grass season!
Old May 25th, 2011, 09:23 AM   #262
country flag CrazyTennis

CrazyTennis is a name known to all CrazyTennis is a name known to all CrazyTennis is a name known to all CrazyTennis is a name known to all CrazyTennis is a name known to all CrazyTennis is a name known to all CrazyTennis is a name known to all CrazyTennis is a name known to all CrazyTennis is a name known to all CrazyTennis is a name known to all CrazyTennis is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chakvenus View Post
^ Both of you are so right. Govortsova is an average doubles player at best, and is not someone that Chuang should be regularly teaming up with. Outside of Beijing last year, all of their results together have been really quite poor. I don't know what her motivation to continue playing with Olga, because it most certainly can't be results. Again, as I feel I have stressed 203847320 times (lol), I just do NOT see why she and Hsieh don't team up together. I understand that this year Hsieh has been putting aside more time for singles, and thus is playing some low-level ITFs that CJ wouldn't want to venture to, but they really did phenomenally at the AO, defeating two quality teams and pushing the finalists to 3 tough sets.
I don't know about you all, but I'm hoping to see some 'C. Chuang / S. Hsieh' on some upcoming draw sheets this grass season!
Ditto that! Chia-Jung and Su-Wei make a really good team! I dont know though, Taiwanese tennis is full of internal drama, who knows why Chia-Jung is not playing with Su-Wei...I hope these girls would just sort out their problem and start pairing up more often. (Same goes for Yung-Jan)
Old May 25th, 2011, 01:56 PM   #263
country flag Chakvenus

Yes, I've heard similar stories, but what I've also heard is that the issues are more kind of family rivalries than actual tensions between the players. Both watching Su-Wei and Chia-Jung actually playing together at the AO and reading their interview it seems that they are close and have a good relationship/chemistry. If it is family issues, I just wish that their parents/siblings/or whoever would just get over it - they're only hindering their daughters chances by prefering them to play with the likes of Govortsova, Kudryavtseva, and other, less accomplished players.
Old May 25th, 2011, 02:31 PM   #264
country flag CrazyTennis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chakvenus View Post
Yes, I've heard similar stories, but what I've also heard is that the issues are more kind of family rivalries than actual tensions between the players. Both watching Su-Wei and Chia-Jung actually playing together at the AO and reading their interview it seems that they are close and have a good relationship/chemistry. If it is family issues, I just wish that their parents/siblings/or whoever would just get over it - they're only hindering their daughters chances by prefering them to play with the likes of Govortsova, Kudryavtseva, and other, less accomplished players.
Yes, i hope so too. What i have heard is that the family are usually fighting about is the funding allocated to each player. I guess until, more funds are provided to Taiwanese tennis player, there will always be competitive friction between each player's family/entourage. Still, this is so stupid, if Chia-Jung and Su-Wei had paired up, they might have earned more than 1st round prize money at Roland Garros this time. Anyway good luck to Chia-Jung and Su-Wei in mix doubles!
Old May 26th, 2011, 04:15 AM   #265
country flag Chakvenus

Ahh, I didn't know that it was regarding funding! But still, I find such disputes rather odd, as all 3/4 of Taiwan's best known female tennis players (Chuang, Hsieh, and Chan) all are far more accomplished doubles players than singles players. As you said, if they teamed up more often, the 'funding' wouldn't be an issue, as their results would likely be quite solid and make up for whatever supposed lacking that their families are feeling.
Old May 26th, 2011, 08:29 AM   #266
country flag CrazyTennis

Now only if we can get the message across to these girls and their family. But i suppose its never going to be easy to make peace between them.
Chan's family usually gets a lot more funding than the other girls, probably due to her accomplishments. Su-Wei has a brother and a sister that are both trying to make it in professional tennis, so a lot of her funding and prize money are spent on them. I know thats the reason why she concentrated on doubles last year, cause she knows she can make more prize money from doubles. Not sure about Chia-Jung, but i know she is not well off in terms of money, and neither is Kai-Chen...This is very sad, so many talented players, if only more fundings are provided for them.
Old May 26th, 2011, 02:14 PM   #267
country flag Chakvenus

That's very interesting.
Yes, Chan has had probably the greatest accomplishments, with currently the best singles and doubles ranking, and having played well in both for the past few years. I assume that this funding is allocated from some kind of Taiwanese tennis federation or something?
Old May 27th, 2011, 09:32 AM   #268
country flag CrazyTennis

Yes, from the Taiwanese tennis federation, which receive their funding from the Government. Unfortunately, Taiwan does not focus too much on sports, and whatever funding available is mostly given to Olympic sports where Taiwan excels in e.g. Taekwondo, baseball etc...and even those aren't sufficient. Most tennis players are left to fend for themselves until they achieve something, such as Chan/Chuang getting to Aussie open final or Su-Wei making 4th round of a grand slam. Of course, there are a few sponsers who support the top players, but again the funding provided is just not enough for proper coaching and training.
Old Aug 28th, 2011, 09:18 PM   #269
country flag free2all84

free2all84 is just really nice free2all84 is just really nice free2all84 is just really nice free2all84 is just really nice free2all84 is just really nice free2all84 is just really nice free2all84 is just really nice free2all84 is just really nice free2all84 is just really nice free2all84 is just really nice free2all84 is just really nice

she won w/ govortsova in new haven!
free2all84 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5th, 2012, 02:56 PM   #270
country flag Chakvenus

Congrats on the title in KL, CJ
Hope to see you back in the top 50 soon!