Off Topic : Wang Junxia, Qu Yunxia & Liu Dong - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 13th, 2006, 09:50 AM   #1
country flag MLF

MLF has a reputation beyond repute MLF has a reputation beyond repute MLF has a reputation beyond repute MLF has a reputation beyond repute MLF has a reputation beyond repute MLF has a reputation beyond repute MLF has a reputation beyond repute MLF has a reputation beyond repute MLF has a reputation beyond repute MLF has a reputation beyond repute MLF has a reputation beyond repute
Off Topic : Wang Junxia, Qu Yunxia & Liu Dong

I know this is athletics and not tennis, but was hoping maybe some Chinese posters ( or anyone else ) knows what these three great Chinese athletes are up to. I remeber them bursting onto the international scene and disappearing just as quickly and always wondered what became of them. Anyone know what they are up to these days? Are they still well known in China?

Thanks
MLF is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 13th, 2006, 12:18 PM   #2
country flag Modiac.
Team WTAworld

Modiac. has a reputation beyond repute Modiac. has a reputation beyond repute Modiac. has a reputation beyond repute Modiac. has a reputation beyond repute Modiac. has a reputation beyond repute Modiac. has a reputation beyond repute Modiac. has a reputation beyond repute Modiac. has a reputation beyond repute Modiac. has a reputation beyond repute Modiac. has a reputation beyond repute Modiac. has a reputation beyond repute
Wang Junxia was the gold medalist of Olympic games in 1996,she is very famous in China.
After retiring,she acted a leading role of a movie.
I don't know the reason of her retire,but I know it seems she wanna be an actress.
┗━┻━┻┻┻┻━┻━┻┻┻━┻┻┛
Modiac. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13th, 2006, 01:58 PM   #3
country flag Zeng

Zeng is a name known to all Zeng is a name known to all Zeng is a name known to all Zeng is a name known to all Zeng is a name known to all Zeng is a name known to all Zeng is a name known to all Zeng is a name known to all Zeng is a name known to all Zeng is a name known to all Zeng is a name known to all
Yes, these three athletics are famous in China. They are all belong to Liaoning team in China, and have same coach Ma Junren. In 1993, their amazing performance in women long distance running shocked the world. I think these information u should known yet.

But in 1994, Ma Junren and his athletics' confliction broke out, Wang Junxia, Qu Yunxia, Liu Dong left the team. During 1995 to 1996, these 3 person back to the team,but the relationship with the coach would not find back.

After this 2 years' event, Qu Yunxia and Liu Dong's form had never been recovered, so they swooned away from people's line of sight. Wang Junxia's form was just ok(although her performance can not compared to the past), she joined the 1996 Olympics,got the gold medal in 5000m long-distance running and silver medal in 10000m long-distance running.

Then Qu Yunxia and Liu Dong retired for the age and form reason, Qu Yunxia retired in 2000 and now teaching in a university in Dalian (a city of Liaoning Province in China), Liu Dong stayed in Liaoning Long-distance running team and became a coach. Wang Junxia also retired later for brain spasm, after retired, she studied Law in a university, and acted some roles in movie and tv, recently she created a running club, but I don't know whether it still work well now.

That's all I know about them, hope these information can be useful to u

Li Na 李娜|Zheng Jie 郑洁|Peng Shuai 彭帅

Han Xin-Yun 韩馨蕴|Lu Jing-Jing 鲁晶晶|Zhang Shuai 张帅|Zheng Sai-Sai 郑赛赛|Tang Hao-Chen 唐好辰
Zeng is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13th, 2006, 03:22 PM   #4
country flag MLF

MLF has a reputation beyond repute MLF has a reputation beyond repute MLF has a reputation beyond repute MLF has a reputation beyond repute MLF has a reputation beyond repute MLF has a reputation beyond repute MLF has a reputation beyond repute MLF has a reputation beyond repute MLF has a reputation beyond repute MLF has a reputation beyond repute MLF has a reputation beyond repute
Thank you guys

I did a little bit of internet searching myself. I also found out that Wang Junxia had a baby boy in 2001 and won a $US 100,000 lawsuti against a US tobacco firm that used her image without permission to advertise.

Qu Yunxia was forced to quit athletics due to a persistant knee problem ( not surprised when you read how many miles these girls were running each day in training ) and Liu Dong is an athletics coach.
MLF is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13th, 2006, 07:56 PM   #5
country flag Alec

Alec is a name known to all Alec is a name known to all Alec is a name known to all Alec is a name known to all Alec is a name known to all Alec is a name known to all Alec is a name known to all Alec is a name known to all Alec is a name known to all Alec is a name known to all Alec is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLF
Thank you guys

I did a little bit of internet searching myself. I also found out that Wang Junxia had a baby boy in 2001 and won a $US 100,000 lawsuti against a US tobacco firm that used her image without permission to advertise.

Qu Yunxia was forced to quit athletics due to a persistant knee problem ( not surprised when you read how many miles these girls were running each day in training ) and Liu Dong is an athletics coach.

I think the lawsiut is against a Chinese tobacco firm in Yunnan Province.
Alec is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote