China VS Indonesia Fed Cup Tie - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 9th, 2006, 07:50 PM   #1
pierce0415

pierce0415 has a reputation beyond repute pierce0415 has a reputation beyond repute pierce0415 has a reputation beyond repute pierce0415 has a reputation beyond repute pierce0415 has a reputation beyond repute pierce0415 has a reputation beyond repute pierce0415 has a reputation beyond repute pierce0415 has a reputation beyond repute pierce0415 has a reputation beyond repute pierce0415 has a reputation beyond repute pierce0415 has a reputation beyond repute
Cool China VS Indonesia Fed Cup Tie

I am looking forward to this World Group II tie. The winner will have a chance of being in World Group I next year, a good possibility if they do not draw loser of Russia / Belgium.

Thought I would make a thread about it here in the Asian forum so both fans of China and Indonesia can discuss. Who do you think will play for both teams?
pierce0415 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 9th, 2006, 07:56 PM   #2
pierce0415

pierce0415 has a reputation beyond repute pierce0415 has a reputation beyond repute pierce0415 has a reputation beyond repute pierce0415 has a reputation beyond repute pierce0415 has a reputation beyond repute pierce0415 has a reputation beyond repute pierce0415 has a reputation beyond repute pierce0415 has a reputation beyond repute pierce0415 has a reputation beyond repute pierce0415 has a reputation beyond repute pierce0415 has a reputation beyond repute
For China, one singles player will be Na Li. I have no idea who will get selected for the remaining three spots.

If Jie Zheng gets selected for the other singles, I guess they will bring on Olympic golden girls Sun and Ting Li for the doubles

But Jie and Zi just won AO so they should be considered for the doubles also. In the case that they are, I guess they will bring on Sun Tian Tian as a reserve?

If Peng Shuai plays singles, then the doubles team is completely up in the air. But she hasn't had the best results so far in 2006 and is in a dispute with the Chinese Federation
Old Mar 9th, 2006, 10:44 PM   #3
country flag Ellery
It's like cool epilepsy.

Ellery has a reputation beyond repute Ellery has a reputation beyond repute Ellery has a reputation beyond repute Ellery has a reputation beyond repute Ellery has a reputation beyond repute Ellery has a reputation beyond repute Ellery has a reputation beyond repute Ellery has a reputation beyond repute Ellery has a reputation beyond repute Ellery has a reputation beyond repute Ellery has a reputation beyond repute
Hmm, in singles, only Na seems to be in good form now Hopefully, Jie, Shuai, Zi, Tiantian can improve their form as the season progresses.

I would like to see a team of Na, Shuai, Jie, Zi or Na, Jie, Ting, Tiantian.
Ellery is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10th, 2006, 08:03 AM   #4
country flag Zeng

Zeng is a name known to all Zeng is a name known to all Zeng is a name known to all Zeng is a name known to all Zeng is a name known to all Zeng is a name known to all Zeng is a name known to all Zeng is a name known to all Zeng is a name known to all Zeng is a name known to all Zeng is a name known to all
In singles, Chinese players are not in good form obviously, Na Li should be selected first, and the other one seems to be a big problem now. Jie and Shuai are all in terrible form now, so maybe it will be decide by their performence in Miami and tournaments after it.
Doubles, should be Zheng/Yan, if one of them plays single, it will be Li/Sun..

Li Na 李娜|Zheng Jie 郑洁|Peng Shuai 彭帅

Han Xin-Yun 韩馨蕴|Lu Jing-Jing 鲁晶晶|Zhang Shuai 张帅|Zheng Sai-Sai 郑赛赛|Tang Hao-Chen 唐好辰

Last edited by Zeng : Mar 10th, 2006 at 08:08 AM.
Zeng is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10th, 2006, 08:20 AM   #5
country flag Bus

Bus has much to be proud of Bus has much to be proud of Bus has much to be proud of Bus has much to be proud of Bus has much to be proud of Bus has much to be proud of Bus has much to be proud of Bus has much to be proud of Bus has much to be proud of Bus has much to be proud of Bus has much to be proud of
I think Na and Jie will play singles and Ting/TianTian will play doubles as usual
Bus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11th, 2006, 01:06 AM   #6
country flag wukenaihe

wukenaihe is a splendid one to behold wukenaihe is a splendid one to behold wukenaihe is a splendid one to behold wukenaihe is a splendid one to behold wukenaihe is a splendid one to behold wukenaihe is a splendid one to behold wukenaihe is a splendid one to behold wukenaihe is a splendid one to behold wukenaihe is a splendid one to behold wukenaihe is a splendid one to behold wukenaihe is a splendid one to behold
Shuai said she will play Fed Cup.
Old Mar 11th, 2006, 02:23 AM   #7
country flag Harju.
Ferosh Warrior ♥

Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute
Whomever plays for China, I'm sure they will win convincingly 5-0.

Indonesia will prolly put Angie Widjaja (came back from injury). Wynne Prakusya (injured atm), Romana Tedjakusuma (top 300 player). So don't worry.

Harju. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11th, 2006, 04:43 AM   #8
country flag Uncle Jason

Uncle Jason has much to be proud of Uncle Jason has much to be proud of Uncle Jason has much to be proud of Uncle Jason has much to be proud of Uncle Jason has much to be proud of Uncle Jason has much to be proud of Uncle Jason has much to be proud of Uncle Jason has much to be proud of Uncle Jason has much to be proud of Uncle Jason has much to be proud of Uncle Jason has much to be proud of
team china has been announced today by CTA

single : Na Li \Shuai Peng
double:Jie Zheng\Zi Yan
Uncle Jason is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11th, 2006, 05:59 AM   #9
country flag Modiac.
Team WTAworld

Modiac. has a reputation beyond repute Modiac. has a reputation beyond repute Modiac. has a reputation beyond repute Modiac. has a reputation beyond repute Modiac. has a reputation beyond repute Modiac. has a reputation beyond repute Modiac. has a reputation beyond repute Modiac. has a reputation beyond repute Modiac. has a reputation beyond repute Modiac. has a reputation beyond repute Modiac. has a reputation beyond repute
I hope Shuai can search back her form soon.
China will win this time for sure,they have one of the best doubles pairs,and Na or Shuai is enough strong to beat any players in Indonesia.
┗━┻━┻┻┻┻━┻━┻┻┻━┻┻┛
Modiac. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11th, 2006, 12:24 PM   #10
pierce0415

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowvin
team china has been announced today by CTA

single : Na Li \Shuai Peng
double:Jie Zheng\Zi Yan
I can't believe that Shuai was selected
I think if she loses her first match Jie will be playing in her spot for the 2nd match
Old Mar 11th, 2006, 07:23 PM   #11
country flag Pengwin

Pengwin has a reputation beyond repute Pengwin has a reputation beyond repute Pengwin has a reputation beyond repute Pengwin has a reputation beyond repute Pengwin has a reputation beyond repute Pengwin has a reputation beyond repute Pengwin has a reputation beyond repute Pengwin has a reputation beyond repute Pengwin has a reputation beyond repute Pengwin has a reputation beyond repute Pengwin has a reputation beyond repute
I'm so glad they've given Peng the chance, she needs the matches
Pengwin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11th, 2006, 08:33 PM   #12
country flag Ellery
It's like cool epilepsy.

Ellery has a reputation beyond repute Ellery has a reputation beyond repute Ellery has a reputation beyond repute Ellery has a reputation beyond repute Ellery has a reputation beyond repute Ellery has a reputation beyond repute Ellery has a reputation beyond repute Ellery has a reputation beyond repute Ellery has a reputation beyond repute Ellery has a reputation beyond repute Ellery has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by V-lix
Whomever plays for China, I'm sure they will win convincingly 5-0.

Indonesia will prolly put Angie Widjaja (came back from injury). Wynne Prakusya (injured atm), Romana Tedjakusuma (top 300 player). So don't worry.
Romana has been doing very well in American challengers, though
Ellery is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21st, 2006, 07:11 AM   #13
country flag 1star

1star has much to be proud of 1star has much to be proud of 1star has much to be proud of 1star has much to be proud of 1star has much to be proud of 1star has much to be proud of 1star has much to be proud of 1star has much to be proud of 1star has much to be proud of 1star has much to be proud of 1star has much to be proud of

FEB CUP 2005

From left: Li Ting, Sun TianTian, Zheng Jie, Li Na, Yan Zi

~Martina Hingis Li Na Kim Clijsters~

Yuan MengPeng ShuaiLi Ting Sun TianTianZheng Jie Yan Zi
AiSugiyamaLindsay DavenportSerenaWilliamsVenus Williams
Amelie Mauresmo Mary Pierce
Justine Henin Svetlana Kuznetsova

Anna ChakvetadzeNicole VadisovaYung Jan Chan

Last edited by 1star : Mar 21st, 2006 at 07:30 AM.
1star is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22nd, 2006, 12:50 PM   #14
country flag andrewC

andrewC has a brilliant future andrewC has a brilliant future andrewC has a brilliant future andrewC has a brilliant future andrewC has a brilliant future andrewC has a brilliant future andrewC has a brilliant future andrewC has a brilliant future andrewC has a brilliant future andrewC has a brilliant future andrewC has a brilliant future
I think the team selection is probably realistically the strongest team China could field. I agree the choice of Li Na in singles is a given, she's fantastic. As much as I hate to say it, Zheng/Yan are probably in better form that Sun/Li, despite Sun/Li already winning a lesser WTA tournament this year. However, I am gutted about Sun not being the second singles player, but that's jsut because I'm biased She seems to have a brilliant record in fed cup for China, so it's a shame she is excluded from both singles and doubles.

Hopefully Sun could play some WTA tournaments by herself to gain points whilst the team are away? Or will China insist she also rests and trains? That would be a shame, I think. If anyone knows what the plans are, please share
13 Doubles Titles (including 2004 Olympic Gold and 2008 AO Mixed)
Career High 77 (Singles) and 16 (Doubles)
andrewC is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22nd, 2006, 02:11 PM   #15
chinadragon

chinadragon has disabled reputation
In single ranking,she is only the fifth position.she havn't much talent as Li Na and Peng Shuai,I think she should play some high level challengers for single ranking(inclued Li ting).
chinadragon is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote