Harkleroad about her past: 的t makes you miserable trying to make everyone happy" - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 9th, 2006, 06:07 PM   #1
country flag spiceboy

spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute
Harkleroad about her past: 的t makes you miserable trying to make everyone happy"

Harkleroad captures win; Davenport next
The Desert Sun
March 9, 2006 March 9, 2006

INDIAN WELLS - Ashley Harkleroad, the former "it girl" of American tennis, said she's regained some perspective after a series of hardships and is ready to climb the ranks on the Sony Ericsson WTA Tour.

Harkleroad, the 2000 Easter Bowl champion, defeated China痴 Zi Yan 6-3, 7-5 on Wednesday in the first round of the women痴 draw at the Pacific Life Open to keep her record perfect in the desert.

With her good looks and impressive junior career, Harkleroad was trotted out as an American version of Anna Kournikova.
That resulted in a lot of opportunities and a lot of pressure for Harkleroad, who turned professional at 15.

的t makes you miserable trying to make everyone happy agents, family. You just have to play for yourself, Harkleroad said. 的 was asking myself, 糎here do I fit in? But I was really young. I turned pro at 15. That痴 normal now but I had a lot given to me and I was like, 船o I really deserve this? You know what I mean?

哲ow, I just take everything, I try to keep an even keel. If someone wants to do something for me, thank you very much and go on with my life. You have to keep things in perspective really.

About two years ago, Harkleroad took a break from the game, partly because of an elbow injury and because of her mother痴 battle with cancer. Harkleroad said her mother is doing fine now.

的 took things way too hard. I think (the break) really helped me out. It was probably the bravest thing I致e ever done, but no one understood it at the time, maybe I didn稚 either, but it worked out, Harkleroad said.

Harkleroad will take on Lindsay Davenport in the second round.
Harkleroad, an Easter Bowl champion in 2000, fared better than the reigning Easter Bowl champion, Alexa Glatch.

Playing her first match since a career-threatening accident in November, Glatch fell to Martina Sucha 6-0, 6-1.

While riding her motor scooter around her neighborhood in Newport Beach, Glatch slammed on her breaks to avoid a dog, tossing her over the handle bars. Glatch broke her right wrist and left elbow.
Glatch was out for three-and-a-half months, and didn稚 have much time to get ready for the Pacific Life Open.

的 wasn稚 sure if I was going to play this a week ago, Glatch said.
Getting back on court has been difficult.

的 felt like I never played before. It was the weirdest feeling, Glatch said.
spiceboy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 9th, 2006, 06:09 PM   #2
country flag Wiggly

Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiceboy
的 felt like I never played before. It was the weirdest feeling, Glatch said.
An the werdeist scoreline
Wiggly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9th, 2006, 06:12 PM   #3
country flag Williams-forever

Williams-forever has much to be proud of Williams-forever has much to be proud of Williams-forever has much to be proud of Williams-forever has much to be proud of Williams-forever has much to be proud of Williams-forever has much to be proud of Williams-forever has much to be proud of Williams-forever has much to be proud of Williams-forever has much to be proud of Williams-forever has much to be proud of Williams-forever has much to be proud of
Ashley is moving in the right direction...I would love to see her surpass her Career high ranking of 39!! She deserves better!!

NO.7: VenusWilliams
NO.6: SerenaWilliams
Williams-forever is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9th, 2006, 06:51 PM   #4
country flag Ryan
NeverWoz

Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiggly
An the werdeist scoreline

How exactly, considering what she went through?
Ryan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9th, 2006, 06:56 PM   #5
country flag alwayshingis

alwayshingis has a reputation beyond repute alwayshingis has a reputation beyond repute alwayshingis has a reputation beyond repute alwayshingis has a reputation beyond repute alwayshingis has a reputation beyond repute alwayshingis has a reputation beyond repute alwayshingis has a reputation beyond repute alwayshingis has a reputation beyond repute alwayshingis has a reputation beyond repute alwayshingis has a reputation beyond repute alwayshingis has a reputation beyond repute
Ashley

Bad draw here, but a good first round win. You'll be back where you belong soon enough.
alwayshingis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9th, 2006, 08:00 PM   #6
country flag SelesFan70

SelesFan70 has a reputation beyond repute SelesFan70 has a reputation beyond repute SelesFan70 has a reputation beyond repute SelesFan70 has a reputation beyond repute SelesFan70 has a reputation beyond repute SelesFan70 has a reputation beyond repute SelesFan70 has a reputation beyond repute SelesFan70 has a reputation beyond repute SelesFan70 has a reputation beyond repute SelesFan70 has a reputation beyond repute SelesFan70 has a reputation beyond repute
She should post on WTAWorld...where no one is trying to make anyone happy...

Liberals: Hard on the unborn, soft on terrorists

Man-made climate change is a LIE

COUNTDOWN!
SelesFan70 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote