Momo will NEVER become "the player to fear" - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 4th, 2006, 06:36 PM   #1
country flag roooobert

roooobert has much to be proud of roooobert has much to be proud of roooobert has much to be proud of roooobert has much to be proud of roooobert has much to be proud of roooobert has much to be proud of roooobert has much to be proud of roooobert has much to be proud of roooobert has much to be proud of roooobert has much to be proud of roooobert has much to be proud of
Momo will NEVER become "the player to fear"

It's obvious that Momo's game isn't enough to be categorized as one of the best palyers. When serena, Henin, Davenport make good matches they win. When Momo does that there are still a lot of players that have a chance to beat her.

Okey, Momo is no.1 at the ranking, but that would be the case for a several players if they played every single week.

Just because Momo won a grand slam you cannot forget that she hasn't been a winner. Now she had a lot of luck in the aus, but I think it's wrong to think that just because of that victory she now can play unbelievable, without nerves and win over players she hasn't had a chance on before, for examle davenport and serena.

Momo is a good player, but she will never become the best. Well, if you ask her fans of course she is the best, she is ranked no.1.

SOFIA AND ALL THE OTHER SWEDES * Katarina Srebotnik * Pavlina Nola * Rita Kuti-Kis * Capriati & Seles to comeback * williams to destroy henin and momo
roooobert is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 4th, 2006, 06:39 PM   #2
country flag hablo

hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute
Momo isn't even no.1 yet

I'm too lazy to look up and post her career stats for you ...

maybe you should though www.wtatour.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by roooobert
Okey, Momo is no.1 at the ranking, but that would be the case for a several players if they played every single week.

Just because Momo won a grand slam you cannot forget that she hasn't been a winner.

GO all Canuck players GO
hablo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4th, 2006, 06:45 PM   #3
country flag DragonFlame
Team WTAworld

DragonFlame has a reputation beyond repute DragonFlame has a reputation beyond repute DragonFlame has a reputation beyond repute DragonFlame has a reputation beyond repute DragonFlame has a reputation beyond repute DragonFlame has a reputation beyond repute DragonFlame has a reputation beyond repute DragonFlame has a reputation beyond repute DragonFlame has a reputation beyond repute DragonFlame has a reputation beyond repute DragonFlame has a reputation beyond repute
duh we everyone knew that, some people just got caried away
i myself am looking forward for some meetings between lindsay, amelie justine, maria, venus and a healthy kim to see where amelie actually stands in the hierarchy

Elena, thank you for all the joy you gave me, you will always remain in my mind.
Intelligence Officer of the SS Dementieva
DragonFlame is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4th, 2006, 06:46 PM   #4
country flag Carmen Mairena
Yo soy esa, la que pone la cosa tiesa

Carmen Mairena has a reputation beyond repute Carmen Mairena has a reputation beyond repute Carmen Mairena has a reputation beyond repute Carmen Mairena has a reputation beyond repute Carmen Mairena has a reputation beyond repute Carmen Mairena has a reputation beyond repute Carmen Mairena has a reputation beyond repute Carmen Mairena has a reputation beyond repute Carmen Mairena has a reputation beyond repute Carmen Mairena has a reputation beyond repute Carmen Mairena has a reputation beyond repute
:retard: :retard: :retard:
Carmen Mairena is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4th, 2006, 06:48 PM   #5
country flag hablo

hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonFlame
i myself am looking forward for some meetings between lindsay, amelie justine, maria, venus and a healthy kim to see where amelie actually stands in the hierarchy
Likewise (you forgot to mention Serena though )

GO all Canuck players GO
hablo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4th, 2006, 06:50 PM   #6
country flag FrenchY52

FrenchY52 has a reputation beyond repute FrenchY52 has a reputation beyond repute FrenchY52 has a reputation beyond repute FrenchY52 has a reputation beyond repute FrenchY52 has a reputation beyond repute FrenchY52 has a reputation beyond repute FrenchY52 has a reputation beyond repute FrenchY52 has a reputation beyond repute FrenchY52 has a reputation beyond repute FrenchY52 has a reputation beyond repute FrenchY52 has a reputation beyond repute
Can't Amélie lose matches, like everybody ?
Old Mar 4th, 2006, 06:51 PM   #7
country flag DragonFlame
Team WTAworld

DragonFlame has a reputation beyond repute DragonFlame has a reputation beyond repute DragonFlame has a reputation beyond repute DragonFlame has a reputation beyond repute DragonFlame has a reputation beyond repute DragonFlame has a reputation beyond repute DragonFlame has a reputation beyond repute DragonFlame has a reputation beyond repute DragonFlame has a reputation beyond repute DragonFlame has a reputation beyond repute DragonFlame has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by hablovah
Likewise (you forgot to mention Serena though )
exactly, we all need to see some matches between these players to be sure of what's going on and who's the best. yeah ok i forgot serena, maybe because i lost faith of her returning to the tour in the upcoming months(i don't mean this in any offensive way cause i would like her back on tour for sure! )

Elena, thank you for all the joy you gave me, you will always remain in my mind.
Intelligence Officer of the SS Dementieva
DragonFlame is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4th, 2006, 06:53 PM   #8
country flag suzie

suzie has a reputation beyond repute suzie has a reputation beyond repute suzie has a reputation beyond repute suzie has a reputation beyond repute suzie has a reputation beyond repute suzie has a reputation beyond repute suzie has a reputation beyond repute suzie has a reputation beyond repute suzie has a reputation beyond repute suzie has a reputation beyond repute suzie has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchY52
Can't Amélie lose matches, like everybody ?
Didn't you know she can't??? what next, what will you ask next?? Federer losing to Nadal??

World MomOrganization's Head of Scrunchy* Watching Department (HSWD)
* "scrunchy" is a trademark courtesy of Mauresmo PonyTail, Inc. (c) 1979 François & Françoise

Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious
suzie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4th, 2006, 07:09 PM   #9
country flag timafi

timafi has a reputation beyond repute timafi has a reputation beyond repute timafi has a reputation beyond repute timafi has a reputation beyond repute timafi has a reputation beyond repute timafi has a reputation beyond repute timafi has a reputation beyond repute timafi has a reputation beyond repute timafi has a reputation beyond repute timafi has a reputation beyond repute timafi has a reputation beyond repute
timafi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4th, 2006, 07:12 PM   #10
country flag alibaby

alibaby has a brilliant future alibaby has a brilliant future alibaby has a brilliant future alibaby has a brilliant future alibaby has a brilliant future alibaby has a brilliant future alibaby has a brilliant future alibaby has a brilliant future alibaby has a brilliant future alibaby has a brilliant future alibaby has a brilliant future
once more,a dumb and unneeded thread here! why cant you just enjoy a very good match,guys??without putting someone down??i knew,this talk would come up after that win,and it fills me with anger so much!! fact is,that amelie played just as well today as she played the whole week,no injuries,no nerves,absolutely fit! rather the opposite,nadia IMPROVED her nerves!and she lost fair and square to nadia today,who was up to the same level!!even that bit better,to be honest.so why is amelie talked into negativity now(and as a chain-reaction,nadias win gets devalued!)??WHY??you dont win a slam for nothing,no matter,HOW you win the matches.and she deserves her slam!!and she IS in the same league as all the others there,no matter,what you all say!so please,for the sake of sportsmanship,stay fair after a defeat...
thx
my lovely family:jelena jankovic ,sania mirza ,sveta kuznetsova ,lindsay davenport ,justine henin-hardenne ,ai sugiyama ,shuai peng ,marion bartoli ,roberta vinci ,alicia molik ,kim clijsters ,dani hantuchova ,eugi linetskaya ,anastasia myskina ,angela haynes ,elenii danilidou ,anna chakvetadze ,anna-lena groenefeld,anabel medina-garrigues health and success for all my girls!!
alibaby is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4th, 2006, 08:53 PM   #11
country flag SAEKeithSerena

SAEKeithSerena has a reputation beyond repute SAEKeithSerena has a reputation beyond repute SAEKeithSerena has a reputation beyond repute SAEKeithSerena has a reputation beyond repute SAEKeithSerena has a reputation beyond repute SAEKeithSerena has a reputation beyond repute SAEKeithSerena has a reputation beyond repute SAEKeithSerena has a reputation beyond repute SAEKeithSerena has a reputation beyond repute SAEKeithSerena has a reputation beyond repute SAEKeithSerena has a reputation beyond repute
i'm sure that players aren't too thrilled to be playing her, so i would say she strikes some fear. she's clearly the best player this year so far.

16-Time Grand Slam Champion.

2013 Titles: Brisbane, Sony Open (Miami), Family Circle Cup, Madrid, Rome, 16th SLAM-THE FRENCH OPEN, Bastad, Roger's Cup

2013 Record: (60-4)
SAEKeithSerena is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4th, 2006, 09:06 PM   #12
country flag lolo21

lolo21 is a splendid one to behold lolo21 is a splendid one to behold lolo21 is a splendid one to behold lolo21 is a splendid one to behold lolo21 is a splendid one to behold lolo21 is a splendid one to behold lolo21 is a splendid one to behold lolo21 is a splendid one to behold lolo21 is a splendid one to behold lolo21 is a splendid one to behold lolo21 is a splendid one to behold
despite all the improvment Amelie has made in term of mental toughness ,i think there are still a few flaws in her game,the main being for me her forehand again......i really think she should do something to improve that shot if she wants to achieve more great things in the future
and i'm not saying that now because she just lost to Petrova.....i've already said the same thing just after her win in the AO.

Last edited by lolo21 : Mar 4th, 2006 at 11:22 PM.
lolo21 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4th, 2006, 10:08 PM   #13
country flag anlavalle

anlavalle has a brilliant future anlavalle has a brilliant future anlavalle has a brilliant future anlavalle has a brilliant future anlavalle has a brilliant future anlavalle has a brilliant future anlavalle has a brilliant future anlavalle has a brilliant future anlavalle has a brilliant future anlavalle has a brilliant future anlavalle has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by alibaby
once more,a dumb and unneeded thread here! why cant you just enjoy a very good match,guys??without putting someone down??i knew,this talk would come up after that win,and it fills me with anger so much!! fact is,that amelie played just as well today as she played the whole week,no injuries,no nerves,absolutely fit! rather the opposite,nadia IMPROVED her nerves!and she lost fair and square to nadia today,who was up to the same level!!even that bit better,to be honest.so why is amelie talked into negativity now(and as a chain-reaction,nadias win gets devalued!)??WHY??you dont win a slam for nothing,no matter,HOW you win the matches.and she deserves her slam!!and she IS in the same league as all the others there,no matter,what you all say!so please,for the sake of sportsmanship,stay fair after a defeat...
thx
totally agree with you. I´m already sick of this kind of threads
anlavalle is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4th, 2006, 10:55 PM   #14
pav

pav has a reputation beyond repute pav has a reputation beyond repute pav has a reputation beyond repute pav has a reputation beyond repute pav has a reputation beyond repute pav has a reputation beyond repute pav has a reputation beyond repute pav has a reputation beyond repute pav has a reputation beyond repute pav has a reputation beyond repute pav has a reputation beyond repute
I stiffen with fear
every time that I see her
Old Mar 4th, 2006, 11:50 PM   #15
Volcana

Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by roooobert
It's obvious that Momo's game isn't enough to be categorized as one of the best palyers. When serena, Henin, Davenport make good matches they win. When Momo does that there are still a lot of players that have a chance to beat her.

In some ways, that's the point. Who among the other current GS champs CAN play every week? Clijsters, Henin-Hardenne and Venus are all injury prone. As people were VERY fond of saying comparing Hingis to Venus and Serena at the turn of the century, a player also has to be able to stay on the court.

Also, Mauresmo is only carrying 20 tournaments. She doesn't owe her ranking to quantity. She's ranked #2 because she's the reigning champ at OZ, the YEC and Rome plus three Tier II's in the last 12 months.