Saturday's matches - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 18th, 2006, 04:40 PM   #1
country flag butch

butch is a splendid one to behold butch is a splendid one to behold butch is a splendid one to behold butch is a splendid one to behold butch is a splendid one to behold butch is a splendid one to behold butch is a splendid one to behold butch is a splendid one to behold butch is a splendid one to behold butch is a splendid one to behold butch is a splendid one to behold
Saturday's matches

Hey guys

I was at the Mauresmo - Petrova match this afternoon. Highly entertaining match. High quality. I have never been able to stand Petrova - but I found myself applauding her shotmaking. I haven't looked at the stats but it felt like she was hitting more winners but also making more errors. Amelie was playing very well as well. In the first set she was just so comfortable on serve; she faced one breakpoint all set. She won the set 6-4. The second set started off with a bang - Petrova hit 3 winners to go to 40-0 - 2 Amelie winners plus a Petrova error brought it to deuce before Petrova held for 1-0. At 2-3 Amelie thought she hit an ace to save the breakpoint at 30-40 - however it was called out and Petrova won the point on the 2nd serve. Petrovq then held for 5-2. And that was the last game she won. Amelie held for 5-3 saving a set point, before Petrova got to 40-15 on her own serve, but 2 errors brought it to deuce - and that was the end really. Amelie broke for 4-5, held for 5-5, broke for 6-5 and served out the match.

The Stubbs-Black team were the more consistent team in the 1st set of their semifinal and broke Foretz's serve twice for the set - they were also very consistent at the net and won the set 6-2. However after that the youngsters' power - and glorious lobs - were too much for Black and Stubbs (Stubbs particularly was acting like a petulant child). Krajicek - Foretz finally winning 2-6 6-2 6-1.

I'm off to the Clijsters - Dementieva match now. I'm sure it will be a good one!

Cheerio
butch is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 18th, 2006, 04:42 PM   #2
country flag Linnie
drinking

Linnie has a reputation beyond repute Linnie has a reputation beyond repute Linnie has a reputation beyond repute Linnie has a reputation beyond repute Linnie has a reputation beyond repute Linnie has a reputation beyond repute Linnie has a reputation beyond repute Linnie has a reputation beyond repute Linnie has a reputation beyond repute Linnie has a reputation beyond repute Linnie has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks!

Linnie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18th, 2006, 10:13 PM   #3
country flag hablo

hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks for the match reports

GO all Canuck players GO
hablo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19th, 2006, 12:33 AM   #4
country flag butch

butch is a splendid one to behold butch is a splendid one to behold butch is a splendid one to behold butch is a splendid one to behold butch is a splendid one to behold butch is a splendid one to behold butch is a splendid one to behold butch is a splendid one to behold butch is a splendid one to behold butch is a splendid one to behold butch is a splendid one to behold
Hey guys

Clijsters - Dementieva - another great match, great atmosphere.

Kim started off very tentatively. Elena's serve started off well, then went AWOL halfway through the 1st set - but her solid groundstrokes kept her in the set. Kim led 5-3, but Dementieva held for 4-5. Kim made a couple of errors and lost the game to make it 5-5. Elena held for 6-5 and Kim then led 40-15 in the 12th game before eventually losing the game and set.

Kim raced to 4-0 in the 2nd before Elena managed to hold her serve. But the set was over aithin 2 games with the crowd going mad - multiple mexican waves and all - brilliant!

Kim raced to an early 3-0 double break lead in the final set and never looked back. The only glitch was at 5-1 when she lost her serve when serving for the match. However a great forehand down-the-line return off a Dementieva 2nd serve sealed the win.

Great match, great atmosphere.

Not sure of the final score in the safina - srebotnik doubles match. Safina and Srebotnik led 3-0 in the opening set before eventually losing it 6-4. We left at 2-2 in the 2nd set as my friend and I had to drive back to Brussels.

So tomorrow - world no 1 vs world no 2 - my ticket is already packed in my travelbag - can't wait!

Cheerio
butch is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19th, 2006, 06:32 AM   #5
country flag anlavalle

anlavalle has a brilliant future anlavalle has a brilliant future anlavalle has a brilliant future anlavalle has a brilliant future anlavalle has a brilliant future anlavalle has a brilliant future anlavalle has a brilliant future anlavalle has a brilliant future anlavalle has a brilliant future anlavalle has a brilliant future anlavalle has a brilliant future
Thanks for those reports butch, hope you enjoy the match tomorrow with a momo victory
anlavalle is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote