Join The Godparents (Ali and Sian) in acknowledging the geniuses of music! - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 14th, 2006, 02:37 PM   #1
country flag hingis-seles

hingis-seles has a reputation beyond repute hingis-seles has a reputation beyond repute hingis-seles has a reputation beyond repute hingis-seles has a reputation beyond repute hingis-seles has a reputation beyond repute hingis-seles has a reputation beyond repute hingis-seles has a reputation beyond repute hingis-seles has a reputation beyond repute hingis-seles has a reputation beyond repute hingis-seles has a reputation beyond repute hingis-seles has a reputation beyond repute
Join The Godparents (Ali and Sian) in acknowledging the geniuses of music!

Alright, so I'm in love with this song. Don't know about best song ever, but it's right up there with the best of them.

Sufjan Stevens - For the Windows in Paradise, For the Fathers in Ypsilant.

The only other Sufjan Stevens song I've heard (To Be Alone with You) is another all-time favourite of mine. Does anyone here know of any other great songs by Sufjan Stevens?

Last edited by hingis-seles : Feb 20th, 2006 at 02:12 PM.
hingis-seles is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 14th, 2006, 02:41 PM   #2
country flag PamShriverRockz

PamShriverRockz has a reputation beyond repute PamShriverRockz has a reputation beyond repute PamShriverRockz has a reputation beyond repute PamShriverRockz has a reputation beyond repute PamShriverRockz has a reputation beyond repute PamShriverRockz has a reputation beyond repute PamShriverRockz has a reputation beyond repute PamShriverRockz has a reputation beyond repute PamShriverRockz has a reputation beyond repute PamShriverRockz has a reputation beyond repute PamShriverRockz has a reputation beyond repute
Lol obviously you haven't see me going on and on and on about my Sufjan obsession in the What Song thread

The man is simply a genius. I have yet to hear a song of his I haven't liked. His voice is unique and his music is unlike any other I've heard.

You must hear Chicago and Romulus though. You MUST!

SufjanRockz!
"Her enduring legacy is far more emotional, instead of statistical..."

"To watch Arantxa Sanchez Vicario play tennis was to rediscover the reason why we fell in love with the game in the first place."
PamShriverRockz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14th, 2006, 02:44 PM   #3
country flag *Jool*

*Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute
Listen to Chicago and Come on! Feel the Illinoise
and also :
They are night zombies! They are neighbors! They have come back from the dead ! Ahhhhh !!

cool titles, awesome singer , thank you so much Sian for making me discover him

Sufjan is ace !

KATA - AMG -
APS

Serena- Garcia- Hercog- KDK- Daniilidou- Puig- Muguruza...

Last edited by *Jool* : Feb 14th, 2006 at 02:50 PM.
*Jool* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14th, 2006, 02:45 PM   #4

PamShriverRockz has a reputation beyond repute PamShriverRockz has a reputation beyond repute PamShriverRockz has a reputation beyond repute PamShriverRockz has a reputation beyond repute PamShriverRockz has a reputation beyond repute PamShriverRockz has a reputation beyond repute PamShriverRockz has a reputation beyond repute PamShriverRockz has a reputation beyond repute PamShriverRockz has a reputation beyond repute PamShriverRockz has a reputation beyond repute PamShriverRockz has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Jool*
cool titles, awesome singer , thank you so much Sian for making me discover him
:worshing:
No problem!

Share the Sufjan Love!

"To watch Arantxa Sanchez Vicario play tennis was to rediscover the reason why we fell in love with the game in the first place."
Old Feb 14th, 2006, 02:51 PM   #5
country flag *Jool*

*Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute
Where was my head ?

...to spell :worshing: haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by PamShriverRockz
No problem!

Share the Sufjan Love!
I'd even say: spread the Sufjan Love

KATA - AMG -
APS

Serena- Garcia- Hercog- KDK- Daniilidou- Puig- Muguruza...

*Jool* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14th, 2006, 02:58 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Jool*
I'd even say: spread the Sufjan Love
Well indeed, I'm trying to brainwash everyone to accept his greatness

SUFJAN ROCKZ!

Perhaps I should have my username changed lol

Old Feb 14th, 2006, 02:58 PM   #7

hingis-seles has a reputation beyond repute hingis-seles has a reputation beyond repute hingis-seles has a reputation beyond repute hingis-seles has a reputation beyond repute hingis-seles has a reputation beyond repute hingis-seles has a reputation beyond repute hingis-seles has a reputation beyond repute hingis-seles has a reputation beyond repute hingis-seles has a reputation beyond repute hingis-seles has a reputation beyond repute hingis-seles has a reputation beyond repute
Oh yay! Fellow Surfjan admirers!

Thanks for the titles. Can't wait to check them out!
Old Feb 14th, 2006, 02:59 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by hingis-seles
Oh yay! Fellow Surfjan admirers!

Thanks for the titles. Can't wait to check them out!
You won't be disappointed, that I guarantee!

Then check out Rufus Wainwright

Old Feb 14th, 2006, 03:34 PM   #9

I've set the downloads, but there's not enough sources. I wish I could just get his cd, but the chances of Sufjan cd's in Pakistan are slim to none.

I can't wait to hear these titles. Sufjan's NEVER disappointed me. On the contrary, I've been blown away by every song I've heard.
Old Feb 14th, 2006, 03:41 PM   #10

You could try amazon?

Or I've seen healthy Sufjan Bit torrents around..........

Old Feb 14th, 2006, 04:05 PM   #11
country flag fnuf7

fnuf7 has a reputation beyond repute fnuf7 has a reputation beyond repute fnuf7 has a reputation beyond repute fnuf7 has a reputation beyond repute fnuf7 has a reputation beyond repute fnuf7 has a reputation beyond repute fnuf7 has a reputation beyond repute fnuf7 has a reputation beyond repute fnuf7 has a reputation beyond repute fnuf7 has a reputation beyond repute fnuf7 has a reputation beyond repute
I'm surprised, when I saw the title of the thread I assumed Sian had created it

I have been won over by the sheer persistance of Sian and her obsessions and gave his album Illinoise a listen, now love it! Chicago is a great, great song

Plus he's cute and I love his weird name...

Svetlana Kuznetsova
Roland Garros - 09 US Open - 04
fnuf7 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14th, 2006, 04:08 PM   #12
country flag grmbl

grmbl has disabled reputation
Sufjan Stevens @ wtaworld :faints:

He's awesome.. Plays a lot of different instruments and has a huge talent. I'm a admirer..
Old Feb 14th, 2006, 05:06 PM   #13
country flag JonBcn
Tart with a Heart

JonBcn has a reputation beyond repute JonBcn has a reputation beyond repute JonBcn has a reputation beyond repute JonBcn has a reputation beyond repute JonBcn has a reputation beyond repute JonBcn has a reputation beyond repute JonBcn has a reputation beyond repute JonBcn has a reputation beyond repute JonBcn has a reputation beyond repute JonBcn has a reputation beyond repute JonBcn has a reputation beyond repute
I heartily recommend the Illinoise CD
Old Feb 14th, 2006, 05:13 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by fnuf7
I'm surprised, when I saw the title of the thread I assumed Sian had created it

I have been won over by the sheer persistance of Sian and her obsessions and gave his album Illinoise a listen, now love it! Chicago is a great, great song

Plus he's cute and I love his weird name...
Lol another satisfied customer....

For once an obsession people agree with me on!

Illinoise, as Jon says, is great. As is Seven Swans. Well actually all his stuff - Greetings From Michigan, and A Sun Came. He also made a load of Xmas songs, which are bloody brilliant.

Old Feb 15th, 2006, 01:50 AM   #15
country flag drake3781

drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute
Count me in. Big fan here.

You can hear three full-length songs here:

http://www.artistdirect.com/nad/musi...054519,00.html

and other songs/stories here:

http://www.npr.org/programs/asc/arch...x.html#stevens

http://www.npr.org/programs/asc/arch...s.html#stevens

Sufjan Stevens:
drake3781 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote