The "I Need Help" Thread - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 12th, 2006, 10:29 PM   #1
country flag Geisha

Geisha has a reputation beyond repute Geisha has a reputation beyond repute Geisha has a reputation beyond repute Geisha has a reputation beyond repute Geisha has a reputation beyond repute Geisha has a reputation beyond repute Geisha has a reputation beyond repute Geisha has a reputation beyond repute Geisha has a reputation beyond repute Geisha has a reputation beyond repute Geisha has a reputation beyond repute
The "I Need Help" Thread

I need help on an English assigment. Tell me if this sounds good or if I need to edit some parts. If you don't have anything nice to say, take your mean words somewhere else! Here goes:

(indent here) Honour codes are helping to put a stop to the growing trend of cheating students in high schools and colleges across the United States. Cristina Cote, the head of the Honour Council at Poly Prep High School in Brooklyn, New York, says that "honour codes raise the moral standard in school." She also believes that by signing an honour code before tests and exams, students are constantly reminded that they have made a commitment to act ethically in the classroom. Honour codes help to instill a sense of fear in students who cheat, as well. "They get students to think about the concept of honour," says Don McCabe, the President of the Center for Academic Integrity at Duke University. McCabe reckons that honour codes "give students something to think about before they consider cheating." Many people around the world of education believe honour codes are a positive response to the increased number of cheating students in the United States, and other forms of evidence prove them right.
(indent here) Statistics also tell part of the story. Sixty-two percent of American high school students admitted to cheating on tests and exams over the past year, and honour codes are a sure method of catching at least some cheaters. In fact, according to research done by Don McCabe, up to two times as many students in the United States, admitted to cheating on a test or exam over the past year in colleges without honour codes, compared to colleges with them. This must give at least some doubters that honour codes are the best method to rid high schools and colleges of cheaters.

Any grammatical or structural errors? I need help!
Advertisement

Old Feb 12th, 2006, 10:30 PM   #2
country flag !<blocparty>!
Beware Of The Dog, Bitch.

!<blocparty>! has a reputation beyond repute !<blocparty>! has a reputation beyond repute !<blocparty>! has a reputation beyond repute !<blocparty>! has a reputation beyond repute !<blocparty>! has a reputation beyond repute !<blocparty>! has a reputation beyond repute !<blocparty>! has a reputation beyond repute !<blocparty>! has a reputation beyond repute !<blocparty>! has a reputation beyond repute !<blocparty>! has a reputation beyond repute !<blocparty>! has a reputation beyond repute
Do you use Microsoft Word?

Go Rafa.

!<blocparty>! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12th, 2006, 10:33 PM   #3
country flag Geisha

Geisha has a reputation beyond repute Geisha has a reputation beyond repute Geisha has a reputation beyond repute Geisha has a reputation beyond repute Geisha has a reputation beyond repute Geisha has a reputation beyond repute Geisha has a reputation beyond repute Geisha has a reputation beyond repute Geisha has a reputation beyond repute Geisha has a reputation beyond repute Geisha has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by !<bloc_party>!
Do you use Microsoft Word?
Yeah! I really, really need to do well on this assigment. And I seem to have writer's block.
Old Feb 12th, 2006, 10:46 PM   #4
country flag Geisha

Bump.
Old Feb 13th, 2006, 03:36 AM   #5
country flag AjdeNate!
I'm so current, I'm tomorrow.

AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Honour codes are helping to put a stop to the growing trend of cheating students in high schools and colleges across the United States. Cristina Cote, the head of the Honour Council at Poly Prep High School in Brooklyn, New York, says that honour codes "raise the moral standard in school." Cote also asserts that by signing an honour code before tests and exams, students are constantly reminded that they have made a commitment to act ethically in the classroom.

Honour codes help to instill a sense of fear in students who cheat. Honour codes "get students to think about the concept of honour," says Don McCabe, the President of the Center for Academic Integrity at Duke University. McCabe reckons (?maybe not the best word here... try believes, affirms...) that honour codes "give students something to think about before they consider cheating."

Many people around the world in the field of education believe honour codes are a positive response to the increased number of cheating students in the United States. These claims are proven correct by other forms of evidence prove them right.

Statistics also tell part of the story. Sixty-two percent of American high school students admitted to cheating on tests and exams over the past year. Honour codes are a sure method of catching at least some cheaters. In fact, according to research completed by Don McCabe, up to two times as many students in the United States admitted to cheating on a test or exam over the past year in colleges without honour codes, as compared to colleges with honour codes.

All the evidence (claims...) lend some belief to doubters that honour codes are in fact the best method to rid high schools and colleges of cheaters.
Nothing you had was "wrong", per se... I just cleaned up a few things and a verb tense or two. Also there was a sentence that ended with a preposition - and I hate that.

Good luck!
AjdeNate! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13th, 2006, 03:41 AM   #6
country flag ampers&
Senior Bitch.

ampers& has a reputation beyond repute ampers& has a reputation beyond repute ampers& has a reputation beyond repute ampers& has a reputation beyond repute ampers& has a reputation beyond repute ampers& has a reputation beyond repute ampers& has a reputation beyond repute ampers& has a reputation beyond repute ampers& has a reputation beyond repute ampers& has a reputation beyond repute ampers& has a reputation beyond repute
honour codes are absolute shit.
we have them and get to take final exams with no professors or anything present.
we can take them in the hall and everything.
there is so much cheating going on, it's not even funny.

anyway, your writing looks fine Geisha .
ampers& is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote