So when is it absolutely accepatable for a player to quit a tennis match? - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 11th, 2006, 06:11 AM   #1
country flag Jakeev

Jakeev has a reputation beyond repute Jakeev has a reputation beyond repute Jakeev has a reputation beyond repute Jakeev has a reputation beyond repute Jakeev has a reputation beyond repute Jakeev has a reputation beyond repute Jakeev has a reputation beyond repute Jakeev has a reputation beyond repute Jakeev has a reputation beyond repute Jakeev has a reputation beyond repute Jakeev has a reputation beyond repute
So when is it absolutely accepatable for a player to quit a tennis match?

1. She is going into labor?
2. She is near death or drops dead?
3. Get's word that someone in her family has died?
4. Earthquakes or meteor showers?
5. Billions of ants crawling across the court?

Just wonderin...............
Jakeev is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 11th, 2006, 06:33 AM   #2
country flag KimC&MariaSNo1's

KimC&MariaSNo1's has a reputation beyond repute KimC&MariaSNo1's has a reputation beyond repute KimC&MariaSNo1's has a reputation beyond repute KimC&MariaSNo1's has a reputation beyond repute KimC&MariaSNo1's has a reputation beyond repute KimC&MariaSNo1's has a reputation beyond repute KimC&MariaSNo1's has a reputation beyond repute KimC&MariaSNo1's has a reputation beyond repute KimC&MariaSNo1's has a reputation beyond repute KimC&MariaSNo1's has a reputation beyond repute KimC&MariaSNo1's has a reputation beyond repute
If they are injured and cant play anymore because of it. Kim at AO was injured but played through until the semifinal where she injured herself even more and couldnt go on. if your sick most of the time you can play on if its an early round youd thnk about pulling out but in a final it wouldnt cross my mind to pull out.
KimC&MariaSNo1's is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11th, 2006, 06:37 AM   #3
country flag dinhd82

dinhd82 has a brilliant future dinhd82 has a brilliant future dinhd82 has a brilliant future dinhd82 has a brilliant future dinhd82 has a brilliant future dinhd82 has a brilliant future dinhd82 has a brilliant future dinhd82 has a brilliant future dinhd82 has a brilliant future dinhd82 has a brilliant future dinhd82 has a brilliant future
When one's about to die, that should be it or have a broken limb. Also to think one's a professional one should even be more wary about fucking up like that, but oh well, it's one's prerogative.

Now and forever, I'll remember.
dinhd82 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11th, 2006, 06:51 AM   #4
country flag the jamierbelyea
I did it for the aesthetics.

the jamierbelyea has a reputation beyond repute the jamierbelyea has a reputation beyond repute the jamierbelyea has a reputation beyond repute the jamierbelyea has a reputation beyond repute the jamierbelyea has a reputation beyond repute the jamierbelyea has a reputation beyond repute the jamierbelyea has a reputation beyond repute the jamierbelyea has a reputation beyond repute the jamierbelyea has a reputation beyond repute the jamierbelyea has a reputation beyond repute the jamierbelyea has a reputation beyond repute
I think for it to be publicly acceptable, she's going to have to roll over something, or do something that is visiable to the media, audience, opponet, etc...

For it to be really acceptable? You should be okay with it, and that's all you should answer to.
the jamierbelyea is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11th, 2006, 07:19 AM   #5
country flag meyerpl

meyerpl has a reputation beyond repute meyerpl has a reputation beyond repute meyerpl has a reputation beyond repute meyerpl has a reputation beyond repute meyerpl has a reputation beyond repute meyerpl has a reputation beyond repute meyerpl has a reputation beyond repute meyerpl has a reputation beyond repute meyerpl has a reputation beyond repute meyerpl has a reputation beyond repute meyerpl has a reputation beyond repute
You can't hold everybody to the same standard. Some people are tougher than others. Brett Favre of the Green Bay Packers (NFL) hasn't missed a start since he began in 1992. He's played with broken bones, the day after his father died, after his wife was diagnosed with cancer, his brother-in-law was killed, with the flu, and with serious injuries to his knees, ankles, back and throwing hand. I think a professional athlete has an obligation, in a big event, to make a 100% effort to play to the best of their ability. For each athlete, what they're capable of varies.

"The noblest work of God? Man. Who found it out? Man." - Mark Twain

"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats." - H.L. Menken
meyerpl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11th, 2006, 08:52 AM   #6
wipeout

wipeout has a brilliant future wipeout has a brilliant future wipeout has a brilliant future wipeout has a brilliant future wipeout has a brilliant future wipeout has a brilliant future wipeout has a brilliant future wipeout has a brilliant future wipeout has a brilliant future wipeout has a brilliant future wipeout has a brilliant future
Heart arrhythmias would be a good reason to quit but the two players I know to have had them during matches -- Ivanisevic and Malisse -- both finished their matches.
wipeout is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11th, 2006, 09:22 AM   #7
country flag meyerpl

meyerpl has a reputation beyond repute meyerpl has a reputation beyond repute meyerpl has a reputation beyond repute meyerpl has a reputation beyond repute meyerpl has a reputation beyond repute meyerpl has a reputation beyond repute meyerpl has a reputation beyond repute meyerpl has a reputation beyond repute meyerpl has a reputation beyond repute meyerpl has a reputation beyond repute meyerpl has a reputation beyond repute
In 1969, in a quarter-final match during the Australian Open, Rod Laver beat a German player named Herman Kempfer in four sets. What was incredible was that after the third set, Kempfer had a fatal heart attack. Kempfer, never one to shrink in the face of adversity, played the entire fourth set........STONE COLD DEAD!

"The noblest work of God? Man. Who found it out? Man." - Mark Twain

"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats." - H.L. Menken
meyerpl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11th, 2006, 09:35 AM   #8
country flag densuprun

densuprun has a brilliant future densuprun has a brilliant future densuprun has a brilliant future densuprun has a brilliant future densuprun has a brilliant future densuprun has a brilliant future densuprun has a brilliant future densuprun has a brilliant future densuprun has a brilliant future densuprun has a brilliant future densuprun has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakeev
1. She is going into labor?
2. She is near death or drops dead?
3. Get's word that someone in her family has died?
4. Earthquakes or meteor showers?
5. Billions of ants crawling across the court?

Just wonderin...............
1. yes
2. yes
3. no
4. yes
5. yes
Cramps/stomach pain? -- NO.

But you may be surprised to hear that just one rolled ankle is usually enough.
densuprun is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11th, 2006, 09:40 AM   #9
minboy

minboy has much to be proud of minboy has much to be proud of minboy has much to be proud of minboy has much to be proud of minboy has much to be proud of minboy has much to be proud of minboy has much to be proud of minboy has much to be proud of minboy has much to be proud of minboy has much to be proud of minboy has much to be proud of
Players should not retire until the crowd, TV viewers and commentators fully enjoy the perverse sight of someone suffering out there.

Give 'em some blood for God's sake!
Old Feb 11th, 2006, 10:06 AM   #10
country flag Sam L
Sunset, Moonrise, Winter

Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute
When someone's injured and they say they're injured. I wouldn't go around saying I'm injured and keep playing like I'm not injured. If I say it, I'll mean it and I'll pull out the moment I say I'm injured.

It's about truth and integrity.

Sam L is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11th, 2006, 10:29 AM   #11
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute
Simple, you retire when you feel that you can't go on.
Chrissie-fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11th, 2006, 10:48 AM   #12
country flag -Sonic-
HAND SCRAPED

-Sonic- has a reputation beyond repute -Sonic- has a reputation beyond repute -Sonic- has a reputation beyond repute -Sonic- has a reputation beyond repute -Sonic- has a reputation beyond repute -Sonic- has a reputation beyond repute -Sonic- has a reputation beyond repute -Sonic- has a reputation beyond repute -Sonic- has a reputation beyond repute -Sonic- has a reputation beyond repute -Sonic- has a reputation beyond repute
If she gets a zit.
-Sonic- is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11th, 2006, 10:49 AM   #13
country flag -Sonic-
HAND SCRAPED

-Sonic- has a reputation beyond repute -Sonic- has a reputation beyond repute -Sonic- has a reputation beyond repute -Sonic- has a reputation beyond repute -Sonic- has a reputation beyond repute -Sonic- has a reputation beyond repute -Sonic- has a reputation beyond repute -Sonic- has a reputation beyond repute -Sonic- has a reputation beyond repute -Sonic- has a reputation beyond repute -Sonic- has a reputation beyond repute
Itchy foot.
Old Feb 11th, 2006, 10:50 AM   #14
country flag -Sonic-
HAND SCRAPED

Forgot to set the video for Lost.

But no-one would actually forget that, rite? That'd be crazy!
Old Feb 11th, 2006, 02:22 PM   #15
country flag Justine Fan

Justine Fan has a reputation beyond repute Justine Fan has a reputation beyond repute Justine Fan has a reputation beyond repute Justine Fan has a reputation beyond repute Justine Fan has a reputation beyond repute Justine Fan has a reputation beyond repute Justine Fan has a reputation beyond repute Justine Fan has a reputation beyond repute Justine Fan has a reputation beyond repute Justine Fan has a reputation beyond repute Justine Fan has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam L
It's about truth and integrity.
Something most of these haters no nothing about!!
Justine Fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote