Who's been to Wimbledon? - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 9th, 2006, 02:10 AM   #1
country flag udachi Elena

udachi Elena is a name known to all udachi Elena is a name known to all udachi Elena is a name known to all udachi Elena is a name known to all udachi Elena is a name known to all udachi Elena is a name known to all udachi Elena is a name known to all udachi Elena is a name known to all udachi Elena is a name known to all udachi Elena is a name known to all udachi Elena is a name known to all
Who's been to Wimbledon?

Hey guys I'm trying to set up a trip to Wimbledon this year and was wondering if anyone who had been could fill me in on how things work. I'm planning on going over there and having to buy daily tickets at the turnstile. I was hoping someone whose been could tell me about the availability of those tickets and what time people generally start lining up to get them! Anything would greatly help!! Thanks

"I only have one good day every week -- otherwise I would be number one already."
-Elena Dementieva- Tokyo Champ 2006

Я никогда не стремилась стать первой ракеткой России. Моя цель - быть лучшей в мире. - Elena

GO ELENA!!!!

Gooo Martina! (just don't beat Elena)
Sometimes you get a sense of what moments can turn crucial, so you hold on them with all your might. You say to yourself, 'DIE, BUT WIN THIS POINT!' " by Elena DEMENTIEVA

15 October 1981
udachi Elena is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 9th, 2006, 02:17 AM   #2
country flag AjdeNate!
I'm so current, I'm tomorrow.

AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute
I didn't attend the Championships, but I was there a few years ago. I can't speak of tickets, etc... but the museum is a must and plan for a lot of hours. It's seriously awesome for any true tennis fan.
AjdeNate! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9th, 2006, 03:11 AM   #3
country flag Justeenium

Justeenium is a splendid one to behold Justeenium is a splendid one to behold Justeenium is a splendid one to behold Justeenium is a splendid one to behold Justeenium is a splendid one to behold Justeenium is a splendid one to behold Justeenium is a splendid one to behold Justeenium is a splendid one to behold Justeenium is a splendid one to behold Justeenium is a splendid one to behold Justeenium is a splendid one to behold
8AM's good enough if you want a grounds pass and want to be through security before play starts.

5AM (maybe earlier) and you can get Centre Court tickets.
Justeenium is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9th, 2006, 04:12 AM   #4
country flag FaceyFacem

FaceyFacem has a brilliant future FaceyFacem has a brilliant future FaceyFacem has a brilliant future FaceyFacem has a brilliant future FaceyFacem has a brilliant future FaceyFacem has a brilliant future FaceyFacem has a brilliant future FaceyFacem has a brilliant future FaceyFacem has a brilliant future FaceyFacem has a brilliant future FaceyFacem has a brilliant future
i didn't risk it, i wanted to GO TO WIMBLEDON, so i shelled out the $$ to make sure i got my tix for centre court, i didn't want to go there and not get a chance to see tennis on the most storied tennis arena in the world...

definitely go though, it was an experience i'll never forget...on my way to roland garros this year to see get my 3rd major...(US Open 1995-2005, Wimbledon 2002, Roland Garros 2006)
NEVER say "I don't care who wins, I just want good tennis"
FaceyFacem is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9th, 2006, 06:19 AM   #5
country flag P.L.B.

P.L.B. has much to be proud of P.L.B. has much to be proud of P.L.B. has much to be proud of P.L.B. has much to be proud of P.L.B. has much to be proud of P.L.B. has much to be proud of P.L.B. has much to be proud of P.L.B. has much to be proud of P.L.B. has much to be proud of P.L.B. has much to be proud of P.L.B. has much to be proud of
It is not a risk if you get there early. I will probably arrive about 06:30 each day. But even if you can't get a centre court ticket you can go straight to the reselling desk and wait for people to start leaving, some people leave very early.
P.L.B. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9th, 2006, 06:32 AM   #6
country flag LostGlory
Team WTAworld

LostGlory has a reputation beyond repute LostGlory has a reputation beyond repute LostGlory has a reputation beyond repute LostGlory has a reputation beyond repute LostGlory has a reputation beyond repute LostGlory has a reputation beyond repute LostGlory has a reputation beyond repute LostGlory has a reputation beyond repute LostGlory has a reputation beyond repute LostGlory has a reputation beyond repute LostGlory has a reputation beyond repute
It is my favourite tourney I just love it and love going there.....for the first week if you get ground tickets you will be able to watch some great action on the outside courst....you'll have to que for tickets but if you join the que by 7 AM, you have a good chance of getting in by 10 or 11......once your in....it is amazing a great experience.....even if you que for 4 hours you wont be bored.....it is lovely place....I usually hang around the Practise courts in the Morning and watch the top players Practise.....

You laugh at me because I'm different; I laugh because you're all the same

I'm Back
LostGlory is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9th, 2006, 06:34 AM   #7
country flag LostGlory
Team WTAworld

LostGlory has a reputation beyond repute LostGlory has a reputation beyond repute LostGlory has a reputation beyond repute LostGlory has a reputation beyond repute LostGlory has a reputation beyond repute LostGlory has a reputation beyond repute LostGlory has a reputation beyond repute LostGlory has a reputation beyond repute LostGlory has a reputation beyond repute LostGlory has a reputation beyond repute LostGlory has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by P.L.B.
It is not a risk if you get there early. I will probably arrive about 06:30 each day. But even if you can't get a centre court ticket you can go straight to the reselling desk and wait for people to start leaving, some people leave very early.
For center court tickets you need to que over night....

I'm Back
Old Feb 9th, 2006, 06:39 AM   #8
country flag bellascarlett

bellascarlett has a reputation beyond repute bellascarlett has a reputation beyond repute bellascarlett has a reputation beyond repute bellascarlett has a reputation beyond repute bellascarlett has a reputation beyond repute bellascarlett has a reputation beyond repute bellascarlett has a reputation beyond repute bellascarlett has a reputation beyond repute bellascarlett has a reputation beyond repute bellascarlett has a reputation beyond repute bellascarlett has a reputation beyond repute
How much are centre court tickets in US dollars? And until what time of the year will they be available or do they not run out by the time the slam begins?
Old Feb 9th, 2006, 07:33 AM   #9
country flag smiler

smiler has a reputation beyond repute smiler has a reputation beyond repute smiler has a reputation beyond repute smiler has a reputation beyond repute smiler has a reputation beyond repute smiler has a reputation beyond repute smiler has a reputation beyond repute smiler has a reputation beyond repute smiler has a reputation beyond repute smiler has a reputation beyond repute smiler has a reputation beyond repute
I've been I didn't give two hoots about tennis before I went and now i'm totally hooked thank you Wimbledon! I usually get there around 7 am and that get's me in with a ground ticket around midday when play starts. A ground ticket will get you in to any court appart from centre court and court 1. If you stick around for long enough you might get to see centre court anyway (I did!) as people with centre court tickets who go home early sometimes just pass them on!

I could be totally wrong but I thought centre court tickets were only available through the public ballot? You'll have to get there pretty early for court 1 or 2 tickets though.
Old Feb 9th, 2006, 08:23 AM   #10
country flag PamShriverRockz

PamShriverRockz has a reputation beyond repute PamShriverRockz has a reputation beyond repute PamShriverRockz has a reputation beyond repute PamShriverRockz has a reputation beyond repute PamShriverRockz has a reputation beyond repute PamShriverRockz has a reputation beyond repute PamShriverRockz has a reputation beyond repute PamShriverRockz has a reputation beyond repute PamShriverRockz has a reputation beyond repute PamShriverRockz has a reputation beyond repute PamShriverRockz has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by P.L.B.
Or you can be cheeky and ask people as they leave Centre if they are leaving and if you can have their ticket Sometimes people will offer them without you even asking, that has happened to me lots of times.

Wimbledon is brilliant, an amazing experience! I've been going for years, it's one of the highlights of my year. But it is very tiring and needs a bit of planning. You need to get to the queue 6ish for show courts, probably earlier for centre. It depends who is scheduled. If Tim was on, they the queue would be bigger but seeing as his star has deminished I don't think this will effect things too much now Be prepared for a VERY long wait, and it's not that comfortable lol.
The best way to guarantee the best Centre/no.1 tickets are camping over night.
Oh and Wimbledon is very expensive. Food & drink costs a lot!

Have fun!
"Her enduring legacy is far more emotional, instead of statistical..."

"To watch Arantxa Sanchez Vicario play tennis was to rediscover the reason why we fell in love with the game in the first place."
PamShriverRockz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9th, 2006, 08:27 AM   #11
country flag LostGlory
Team WTAworld

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellascarlett
How much are centre court tickets in US dollars? And until what time of the year will they be available or do they not run out by the time the slam begins?
last year they were 49 to 50 quids....say 85 to 90 dollars....maybe more this year...

I'm Back
Old Feb 9th, 2006, 08:31 AM   #12
country flag LostGlory
Team WTAworld

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiler
I've been I didn't give two hoots about tennis before I went and now i'm totally hooked thank you Wimbledon! I usually get there around 7 am and that get's me in with a ground ticket around midday when play starts. A ground ticket will get you in to any court appart from centre court and court 1. If you stick around for long enough you might get to see centre court anyway (I did!) as people with centre court tickets who go home early sometimes just pass them on!

I could be totally wrong but I thought centre court tickets were only available through the public ballot? You'll have to get there pretty early for court 1 or 2 tickets though.
It is all on the official website....there is I think around 500 center court tickets available for daily sales.....and sometimes if people coming out of center court do not pass their tickets on you could rebuy them for something like 5 quids....Personally I prefer jumping around courts and practise courts....last year I watched center court and court one games with my ground pass.....sometimes when matches finish early for some reason they move other matches into center and court one and everyone gets to see them.....

I'm Back
Old Feb 9th, 2006, 08:33 AM   #13
country flag LostGlory
Team WTAworld

Quote:
Originally Posted by PamShriverRockz
Or you can be cheeky and ask people as they leave Centre if they are leaving and if you can have their ticket Sometimes people will offer them without you even asking, that has happened to me lots of times.

Wimbledon is brilliant, an amazing experience! I've been going for years, it's one of the highlights of my year. But it is very tiring and needs a bit of planning. You need to get to the queue 6ish for show courts, probably earlier for centre. It depends who is scheduled. If Tim was on, they the queue would be bigger but seeing as his star has deminished I don't think this will effect things too much now Be prepared for a VERY long wait, and it's not that comfortable lol.
The best way to guarantee the best Centre/no.1 tickets are camping over night.
Oh and Wimbledon is very expensive. Food & drink costs a lot!

Have fun!
and the only thing edible is Hot Dogs and strawberries and cream...I gave away 3 sandwiches before I was able to eat one.....chicken sucked, the chinese sucked....and you are not allowed to bring in your food.....so if you are fussy, your screwed.....

I'm Back
Old Feb 9th, 2006, 08:38 AM   #14
country flag lindsayno1

lindsayno1 has a brilliant future lindsayno1 has a brilliant future lindsayno1 has a brilliant future lindsayno1 has a brilliant future lindsayno1 has a brilliant future lindsayno1 has a brilliant future lindsayno1 has a brilliant future lindsayno1 has a brilliant future lindsayno1 has a brilliant future lindsayno1 has a brilliant future lindsayno1 has a brilliant future
camp overnight to be sure. we did it for ladies quarterfinals last year for the first time. Its quite safe. Take a tent and ingenious idea... a lilo to lie on! Much comfier than the pavement! Its a good laugh, they do pizza delivery in the queue and we had a mini TV to watch the clijsters v davenport 4th round last year whilst we were queueing.
If a brit is sheduled to play ie tim, greg or andy get there much earlier. But as soon as theyre out the queue size drops considerably.

Food and drink is a lot, but its all part of the experience.

Jelena Jankovic
Mary Pierce MARTINA HINGIS! Kim Clijsters Ana Ivanovic
lindsayno1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9th, 2006, 08:43 AM   #15
country flag Hachiko

Hachiko has a reputation beyond repute Hachiko has a reputation beyond repute Hachiko has a reputation beyond repute Hachiko has a reputation beyond repute Hachiko has a reputation beyond repute Hachiko has a reputation beyond repute Hachiko has a reputation beyond repute Hachiko has a reputation beyond repute Hachiko has a reputation beyond repute Hachiko has a reputation beyond repute Hachiko has a reputation beyond repute
Went last year and 2002 but found it just too busy and claustrophobic. The tennis and the whole atmosphere was great though.
Hachiko is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote