Brenda Schultz-McCarthy - Page 4 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 12th, 2006, 10:28 AM   #46
country flag Jodie

Jodie has a reputation beyond repute Jodie has a reputation beyond repute Jodie has a reputation beyond repute Jodie has a reputation beyond repute Jodie has a reputation beyond repute Jodie has a reputation beyond repute Jodie has a reputation beyond repute Jodie has a reputation beyond repute Jodie has a reputation beyond repute Jodie has a reputation beyond repute Jodie has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by chantie
Brenda def. Tara Snyder 61 63

Brenda

Friendship is when people know all about you
but like you anyway
Jodie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 12th, 2006, 12:05 PM   #47
country flag DutchieGirl
On tour

DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute
Hope she can keep winning!

She & Him @ Melkweg "The Max", Amsterdam 6th May 2010
DutchieGirl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2006, 05:29 PM   #48
country flag Gerben

Gerben has much to be proud of Gerben has much to be proud of Gerben has much to be proud of Gerben has much to be proud of Gerben has much to be proud of Gerben has much to be proud of Gerben has much to be proud of Gerben has much to be proud of Gerben has much to be proud of Gerben has much to be proud of Gerben has much to be proud of
Goede overwinning, had ik eigenlijk niet echt verwacht.

Tashkent 2005, Hobart 2006, Rosmalen 2006
Palermo 2006, Budapest 2006, Rosmalen 2008
Gerben is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2006, 08:51 AM   #49
country flag Jodie

Jodie has a reputation beyond repute Jodie has a reputation beyond repute Jodie has a reputation beyond repute Jodie has a reputation beyond repute Jodie has a reputation beyond repute Jodie has a reputation beyond repute Jodie has a reputation beyond repute Jodie has a reputation beyond repute Jodie has a reputation beyond repute Jodie has a reputation beyond repute Jodie has a reputation beyond repute
(3) Pratt def. (WC) Schultz-McCarthy 63 62

but like you anyway
Old May 13th, 2006, 08:54 AM   #50
country flag Jodie

Quote:
INDIAN HARBOUR BEACH - Vilmarie Castellvi is no stranger to three-set matches.

In fact, they've practically become her calling card at the MIMA Foundation/USTA Tennis Classic at the Kiwi Tennis Club, though not exactly by choice.

"Somehow, I always make it tough for myself," the 25-year-old said Friday after reaching the semifinals with a 6-4, 2-6, 6-2 victory against Lenka Tvaroskova.

Castellvi, the No. 8 seed, will play Romania's Edina Gallovits today at 3 p.m. for a spot in the final. Gallovits rallied past No. 7 Clarisa Fernandez 0-6, 6-1, 6-4.

The other semifinal will pit No. 3 seed Nicole Pratt against Rossana De Los Rios at 5:30 p.m. Pratt knocked off Brenda Schultz-McCarthy 6-3, 6-2 in a battle of tour veterans while De Los Rios beat Czechoslovakia's Eva Hrdinova 6-4, 2-6, 6-2.

The winningest player in the history of the University of Tennessee, and the NCAA's No. 1 woman player in 2003, Castellvi came from a set down to beat Lauren Albanese in the first round, then topped Marie-Eve Pelletier 6-3, 0-6, 6-4.

Friday, the Puerto Rican native rallied from a 4-1 first set deficit to take the first set from Tvaroskova, but struggled in the second.

"I think it's focus, more than anything," Castellvi said. "It took a lot for me to get that (first) set, because she was playing pretty well and I was making a lot of mistakes. I put a lot of effort into it, and I think it started to affect me because there were a couple of games that were really tough. For me to get through them took a lot out of me again, and my focus . . . I just let it go and I shouldn't have.

"I need to hold onto it. I can't just let my focus drift. That's something I need to work on in the next couple of matches."

Tvaroskova can really whack it from the baseline, but she was eventually done in by a number of cross-court forehands. Castellvi had been working the Tvaroskova backhand for most of the first two sets, but began to mix it up in the third set, and that helped open up the court.

"The deeper I hit it, the better she hit it, so I just started hitting shorter and shorter," Castellvi said. "I was trying to use more angles and just trying to use the whole court, instead of just the baseline."

Pratt faced Schultz-McCarthy in the most-anticipated quarterfinal of the day, but the Australian played a solid match and took advantage of what Schultz-McCarthy believed to be a strained stomach muscle.

"It was kind of a strange match, really," Pratt said. "It was sort of what I expected. For me, I just felt she took me out of my rhythm. That was her game, to keep the points short, rather than have longer rallies, because I think the advantage was with me any time.

"My strategy went to plan. I was going to make her hit a lot of balls early in the match."

Schultz-McCarthy, who didn't play from 2000-2004 because of back problems, said she began to feel a slight discomfort in her stomach on Wednesday, and the condition became worse on Thursday when she was leading 4-3 in the second set of her match against Tara Snyder.

It got so bad Friday that she had to serve underhand several times.

"I changed my serve a little bit to not hurt my back, because that's why I was out for six years," Schultz-McCarthy said. "I must have strained it a little bit, and then I started forcing it because I didn't want to default. The last thing I wanted to do was go that route.

"The groundstrokes, I was fine. I could run. I could do anything. I just couldn't do an overhead or a serve."

That should take nothing away from Pratt, who now has won five matches in a row, including two in Fed Cup competition.

"I sort of expected to get to the semifinals here, but to actually do it is a good feeling," Pratt said. "It gives me a lot of confidence."

Pratt will face De Los Rios, who sustained a left hip injury during the first set of her match with Hrdinova. The only Paraguayan player to win a match at the Olympics didn't think the injury would keep her from playing in the semifinals, and she certainly looked good in defeating the hard-hitting Hrdinova.

"She played very hard," De Los Rios said. "She has a very good serve and a very good forehand. I tried to mix (it up) a little bit, like slice and drop shots to open the court."

After losing the opening set against Fernandez, Gallovits -- playing on Court 3 for the first time -- settled into her match and turned the tables. A Fernandez double-fault gave Gallovits a break for a 5-4 lead in the third set and she closed it out.

"I just started to play a little more aggressive," the 21-year-old said. "I was just pushing in the beginning. It took me a while to get used to being on this side of the court. I always played in the back. Here it's a little more . . . loud."
Thanks to Frazier~Force...

but like you anyway
Old May 13th, 2006, 02:36 PM   #51
country flag Solitaire

Solitaire has a reputation beyond repute Solitaire has a reputation beyond repute Solitaire has a reputation beyond repute Solitaire has a reputation beyond repute Solitaire has a reputation beyond repute Solitaire has a reputation beyond repute Solitaire has a reputation beyond repute Solitaire has a reputation beyond repute Solitaire has a reputation beyond repute Solitaire has a reputation beyond repute Solitaire has a reputation beyond repute
Awww that sucks Brenda couldn't use her biggest weapon during the match.
The woods are hopeless. Don't waste your time, they will be destroyed. So will the marsh. It is a losing game mankind has played for more than a century. Sadness is what you are, do not deny it. The universe is a lonely place, a painful place. This is what we can share between us, period.
Solitaire is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 4th, 2006, 01:14 PM   #52
country flag Dutch Women

Dutch Women is a glorious beacon of light Dutch Women is a glorious beacon of light Dutch Women is a glorious beacon of light Dutch Women is a glorious beacon of light Dutch Women is a glorious beacon of light Dutch Women is a glorious beacon of light Dutch Women is a glorious beacon of light Dutch Women is a glorious beacon of light Dutch Women is a glorious beacon of light Dutch Women is a glorious beacon of light Dutch Women is a glorious beacon of light
Brenda heeft zich geplaatst voor het hoofdtoernooi van Surbiton ($25.000) op gras.... zou ze een Wildcard krijgen om op Rosmalen en/of Wimbledon te spelen....!?
Dutch Women is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18th, 2006, 06:52 PM   #53
country flag dutchsf

dutchsf is a glorious beacon of light dutchsf is a glorious beacon of light dutchsf is a glorious beacon of light dutchsf is a glorious beacon of light dutchsf is a glorious beacon of light dutchsf is a glorious beacon of light dutchsf is a glorious beacon of light dutchsf is a glorious beacon of light dutchsf is a glorious beacon of light dutchsf is a glorious beacon of light dutchsf is a glorious beacon of light
Well done Brenda for beating Granville, wta 60, in Rosmalen, you proved you do have it still in you, when many people (including me) started having doubts. Very good win!!!
dutchsf is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20th, 2006, 05:38 PM   #54
country flag -sugi-

-sugi- has a reputation beyond repute -sugi- has a reputation beyond repute -sugi- has a reputation beyond repute -sugi- has a reputation beyond repute -sugi- has a reputation beyond repute -sugi- has a reputation beyond repute -sugi- has a reputation beyond repute -sugi- has a reputation beyond repute -sugi- has a reputation beyond repute -sugi- has a reputation beyond repute -sugi- has a reputation beyond repute

My picture I took at Rosmalen

IshizuMcHaleRiskeCrawford
CornetSchmiedlovaLepchenkoTakaoTatishviliLushkova
TanasugarnMiyamuraGonzalezAoyamaWatson
I miss Ai. Rebecca and Shinobu
-sugi- is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20th, 2006, 06:17 PM   #55
country flag Dinkie

Dinkie has much to be proud of Dinkie has much to be proud of Dinkie has much to be proud of Dinkie has much to be proud of Dinkie has much to be proud of Dinkie has much to be proud of Dinkie has much to be proud of Dinkie has much to be proud of Dinkie has much to be proud of Dinkie has much to be proud of Dinkie has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoPin

My picture I took at Rosmalen
Thanks! Great pic, Brenda looks good!

Brenda beat Domachowska today in 3 and at least 4 threads started in GM .
Dinkie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30th, 2006, 04:45 PM   #56
country flag dutchsf

dutchsf is a glorious beacon of light dutchsf is a glorious beacon of light dutchsf is a glorious beacon of light dutchsf is a glorious beacon of light dutchsf is a glorious beacon of light dutchsf is a glorious beacon of light dutchsf is a glorious beacon of light dutchsf is a glorious beacon of light dutchsf is a glorious beacon of light dutchsf is a glorious beacon of light dutchsf is a glorious beacon of light
Brenda heeft laten zien in Rosmalen, dat ze zeker weer in de top 100 van de wereld kan komen, ik hoop het zo voor haar, alle succes gewenst!
dutchsf is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5th, 2006, 11:00 AM   #57
country flag Dutch Women

Dutch Women is a glorious beacon of light Dutch Women is a glorious beacon of light Dutch Women is a glorious beacon of light Dutch Women is a glorious beacon of light Dutch Women is a glorious beacon of light Dutch Women is a glorious beacon of light Dutch Women is a glorious beacon of light Dutch Women is a glorious beacon of light Dutch Women is a glorious beacon of light Dutch Women is a glorious beacon of light Dutch Women is a glorious beacon of light
Kwalificaties $75.000 College Park, USA:

Brenda Schultz-McCarthy - Kim-Anh Nguyen (USA, 574) 6-4, 4-6, 6-4
Brenda Schultz-McCarthy - Katie Ruckert (USA, 518) 6-2, 6-1
Brenda Schultz-McCarthy - Amanda Fink (USA, 1183) 6-7, 6-4, 6-2

Maindraw:

1e ronde:

Brenda Schultz-McCarthy - Elizabeth Kobak (USA, 628)
Old Jul 5th, 2006, 11:04 AM   #58
country flag DutchieGirl
On tour

DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute
Go Brenda!

She & Him @ Melkweg "The Max", Amsterdam 6th May 2010
DutchieGirl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6th, 2006, 07:16 AM   #59
country flag Dutch Women

Maindraw $75.000 College Park, USA:

Brenda Schultz-McCarthy - Elizabeth Kobak (USA, 628) 6-1, 6-2
Brenda Schultz-McCarthy - Maria Vento-Kabchi (VEN, 133)
Old Jul 6th, 2006, 11:43 AM   #60
country flag Gerben

Gerben has much to be proud of Gerben has much to be proud of Gerben has much to be proud of Gerben has much to be proud of Gerben has much to be proud of Gerben has much to be proud of Gerben has much to be proud of Gerben has much to be proud of Gerben has much to be proud of Gerben has much to be proud of Gerben has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch Women
Maindraw $75.000 College Park, USA:

Brenda Schultz-McCarthy - Elizabeth Kobak (USA, 628) 6-1, 6-2
Brenda Schultz-McCarthy - Maria Vento-Kabchi (VEN, 133)
Tot zover mooi. Maar de nummer 133 van de wereld wordt een echte test.

Tashkent 2005, Hobart 2006, Rosmalen 2006
Palermo 2006, Budapest 2006, Rosmalen 2008
Gerben is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote