Jessica Moore - Page 96 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 25th, 2008, 07:13 AM   #1426
Golovinjured.

Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Jessica Moore

Ferguson hasn't played a competitive match in months, so to consider this victory one of Moore's best ever is quite scary. Even with the match practice, Sophie isn't that good.
Golovinjured. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 25th, 2008, 07:23 AM   #1427
country flag Brett.
Rest In Peace, Elena

Brett. has a reputation beyond repute Brett. has a reputation beyond repute Brett. has a reputation beyond repute Brett. has a reputation beyond repute Brett. has a reputation beyond repute Brett. has a reputation beyond repute Brett. has a reputation beyond repute Brett. has a reputation beyond repute Brett. has a reputation beyond repute Brett. has a reputation beyond repute Brett. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Molik View Post
jess her record against top 100 players is appalling.
too bad sophie ran out of steam in their 2nd rd match, because there's no way she would have lost like that to chan.
Soph has done a better job against chan (i watched their match) than moore did!
Brett. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25th, 2008, 07:29 AM   #1428
country flag Mr_Molik

Mr_Molik has a reputation beyond repute Mr_Molik has a reputation beyond repute Mr_Molik has a reputation beyond repute Mr_Molik has a reputation beyond repute Mr_Molik has a reputation beyond repute Mr_Molik has a reputation beyond repute Mr_Molik has a reputation beyond repute Mr_Molik has a reputation beyond repute Mr_Molik has a reputation beyond repute Mr_Molik has a reputation beyond repute Mr_Molik has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radekleroad View Post
Ferguson hasn't played a competitive match in months, so to consider this victory one of Moore's best ever is quite scary. Even with the match practice, Sophie isn't that good.
even if you think shes not that good, she has many more wins against top 100 and 200 players than moore.

Sophie Ferguson ~ Casey Dellacqua ~ Samantha Stosur ~ Jessica Moore ~ Christina Wheeler ~ Monique Adamczak ~
Mr_Molik is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25th, 2008, 07:41 AM   #1429
Golovinjured.

Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute

Scary isn't it.
Golovinjured. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25th, 2008, 11:15 AM   #1430
country flag alex14

alex14 is a splendid one to behold alex14 is a splendid one to behold alex14 is a splendid one to behold alex14 is a splendid one to behold alex14 is a splendid one to behold alex14 is a splendid one to behold alex14 is a splendid one to behold alex14 is a splendid one to behold alex14 is a splendid one to behold alex14 is a splendid one to behold alex14 is a splendid one to behold

MY GOD! can we stop comparing the 2! they are not rivaling eachother!! they are playing for the same goddamn country...ffs! Nobody sore the match against Chan! Chan could have played out of her mind! its not like it doesnt happen at the top level of them game eg Davenport vs Sharapova.

Now can we stop comparing Jess and Soph, you guys are just putting down one or the other for no apparent reason, except to try and prove a point, thats not worth pursuing. Sophie was one of the most promising juniors 2 yrs ago, and now Jess is the most promising. Results and rankings prove this, so dont try and prove me wrong. In the future who knows! But shouldnt we be cheering both players on, instead of causing a stupid rivalry??
Xx
alex14 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25th, 2008, 12:03 PM   #1431
AUSBOY

AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future

If Sophie was fully fit and had sufficient match play, she would've beaten Jess, but she has barely played this year and Jess had better fitness and won, congrats to her. Its a good tournament points wise for Jess, smart scheduling on her behalf, but yes she didn't get to play anyone tough until the quarter finals and she got creamed. There is no excuse for losing 6-0 6-0 with all her experience, and that shows you just how much work she still has to do on the mental side of her game.

Despite her high rank it is a worrying fact that Jess still can't threaten a win against a top 200 player. I think she has improved this year somewhat, but she's such a long way off consistently beating top 200 players. Unless she can really make a significant jump in her overall level of play she won't be ranked so high this time next year.
AUSBOY is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25th, 2008, 12:13 PM   #1432
country flag Ben.

Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute

Well AUSBOY you are entitled to your opinion, but can I ask you one question...why do you always critise Jess like 100% of the time? it's like you hate her or something seriously

I mean yes she lost 6-0 6-0 (terrible I know & I did expect her to win a few games beforehand), but all professional tennis players have their good & bad days (even if they have experience) so I wouldn't be too harsh on her.

And she's still got plenty of time on her hands to beat plenty of top 200 players in the future, she's still young so I'm not too worried yet. I would be really worried if she hasn't gained a lot of Top 200 wins within the next 2-5 yrs.
Ben. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25th, 2008, 12:58 PM   #1433
country flag aussie_fan

aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUSBOY View Post
If Sophie was fully fit and had sufficient match play, she would've beaten Jess, but she has barely played this year and Jess had better fitness and won, congrats to her. Its a good tournament points wise for Jess, smart scheduling on her behalf, but yes she didn't get to play anyone tough until the quarter finals and she got creamed. There is no excuse for losing 6-0 6-0 with all her experience, and that shows you just how much work she still has to do on the mental side of her game.

Despite her high rank it is a worrying fact that Jess still can't threaten a win against a top 200 player. I think she has improved this year somewhat, but she's such a long way off consistently beating top 200 players. Unless she can really make a significant jump in her overall level of play she won't be ranked so high this time next year.
Agreed. I know people think you pick on Jess too much but your absolutly right. Getting double bagelled by someone like Chan is not good, espically if she is one of our biggest prospects coming through.

I was impressed with what I saw at AO this year, i know she only beat Ditty but i thought she could contiune to improve throughout the year, she would be able to get some nice results. While here was smart schduling, losing like that shows signs she hasn't improved at all and needs to work her game.

Alicia Molik|Sam Stosur|Nicole Pratt|Casey Dellacqua|Sophie Fergsuon|Monqiue Adamczak|Jess Moore|And the rest of the aussies

Also support: Ana Ivanovic| Maria Kirilenko| Misa Krajicek| Marion Bartoli| Jarmila Gajdosova| Lucie Safarova
aussie_fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25th, 2008, 01:28 PM   #1434
AUSBOY

AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by bg017 View Post
Well AUSBOY you are entitled to your opinion, but can I ask you one question...why do you always critise Jess like 100% of the time? it's like you hate her or something seriously

I mean yes she lost 6-0 6-0 (terrible I know & I did expect her to win a few games beforehand), but all professional tennis players have their good & bad days (even if they have experience) so I wouldn't be too harsh on her.

And she's still got plenty of time on her hands to beat plenty of top 200 players in the future, she's still young so I'm not too worried yet. I would be really worried if she hasn't gained a lot of Top 200 wins within the next 2-5 yrs.
I don't criticise Jess, I'm merely highlighting the facts, and giving an unbiassed opinion, unlike a few of you, who are massive fans of Jess and who praise every win she has as major victory and every loss there is an excuse and a reason why poor Jess was handicapped and lost.

Reality is, smart scheduling and lucky draws has got her to where she is. I would love her to have a big week next week and get direct entry into Aust Open, I'm all for Jess doing well. I'm just of the opinion she will struggle to keep her ranking if she cant improve drastically next year. I dont think her overall game have improved as much this year as I was expecting.
AUSBOY is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25th, 2008, 01:40 PM   #1435
country flag OZTENNIS

OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussie_fan View Post
Agreed. I know people think you pick on Jess too much but your absolutly right. Getting double bagelled by someone like Chan is not good, espically if she is one of our biggest prospects coming through.

I was impressed with what I saw at AO this year, i know she only beat Ditty but i thought she could contiune to improve throughout the year, she would be able to get some nice results. While here was smart schduling, losing like that shows signs she hasn't improved at all and needs to work her game.

I don't really think you can say that she hasn't improved at all. AUSBOY even said that she has improved this year. I mean you don't go from being ranked at No.376 at the end of 2007 to being ranked inside the top 150 twelve months later, without improving. You don't make the second round of two Grand Slam championships without improving. You don't win a 25k singles title on clay in Europe without improving. You don't make the final of a Junior Grand Slam without improving.

Clearly her game does need work, yes. She herself has admitted that she needs to work on her game, develop more consistency and power and placement. God, if she didn't need to work on her game she would be the World No.1!

Quote:

Agree with most of that bar a few things. Obviously Moore wasn't in the best form of her career here this week, it is plain to see after being double bagelled. But it would be interesting to see Moore play Ferguson (both in top form and fully fit). For now, yes Sophie may be too much. But in another twelve months, it could be a different story.
Agree that she is a fair way off consistently beating top 200 players on a consistent basis but disagree that she still can't 'threaten a win against a top 200 player.' What's Gajdosova? Chopped liver? And for all those people that are going on and on about her having a dysmal record against top 100 players, the only top 100 players she has played are A. Bondarenko (twice), Kuznetsova, Safarova, Peer and Chan (let me know if I left anyone out). They aren't exactly slouches, so it is harsh to state that she has such a poor record.
Old Oct 25th, 2008, 02:33 PM   #1436
country flag TS

TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Molik View Post
even if you think shes not that good, she has many more wins against top 100 and 200 players than moore.
Sophie is also 4.5 years older and has had more opportunities to play them.

I think this is all getting out of hand. I can't remember the last time a player created such controversy in the Aus forum. Jess is a very good young player with time on her hands, so hopefully she'll let her tennis do the talking in the next few years.
TS is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25th, 2008, 03:15 PM   #1437
country flag Ben.

Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Reality is, smart scheduling and lucky draws has got her to where she is. I would love her to have a big week next week and get direct entry into Aust Open, I'm all for Jess doing well. I'm just of the opinion she will struggle to keep her ranking if she cant improve drastically next year. I dont think her overall game have improved as much this year as I was expecting.
Okay you do have some good points (not all of them) here I must admit.

Well I'll tell you something, if she doesn't improve within the next 2-5 yrs I'll change my opinion, happy?
Old Oct 26th, 2008, 05:22 AM   #1438
country flag aussie_fan

aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZTENNIS View Post

I don't really think you can say that she hasn't improved at all. AUSBOY even said that she has improved this year. I mean you don't go from being ranked at No.376 at the end of 2007 to being ranked inside the top 150 twelve months later, without improving. You don't make the second round of two Grand Slam championships without improving. You don't win a 25k singles title on clay in Europe without improving. You don't make the final of a Junior Grand Slam without improving.

Clearly her game does need work, yes. She herself has admitted that she needs to work on her game, develop more consistency and power and placement. God, if she didn't need to work on her game she would be the World No.1!
I shouldn't of said she hasn't improved at all, of course she has, but not as much as some people here rate her. She has had some decent results this year but some of that, espically the two GS wins are to kind draws, there isn't any denying that. I think the agruement here is that people shouldn't expect too much from Jess yet as results show, espically against the better players she hasn't done so well when she has a lot of improving still to do.

I think i just realised how pointless this arguement is.

Alicia Molik|Sam Stosur|Nicole Pratt|Casey Dellacqua|Sophie Fergsuon|Monqiue Adamczak|Jess Moore|And the rest of the aussies

Also support: Ana Ivanovic| Maria Kirilenko| Misa Krajicek| Marion Bartoli| Jarmila Gajdosova| Lucie Safarova
aussie_fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27th, 2008, 09:40 AM   #1439
country flag Keadz

Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute

Jess is in the second quarter in Tokyo this week.

Here is her section of the draw.
9 Gajdosova, J (svk) 4
10 Iijima, K (jpn)

11 Chang, K (tpe)
12 Viratprasert, S (tha)

13 Wc Fuda, R (jpn)
14 Hwang, I (tpe)

15 Wc Wang, Q (chn)
16 Moore, J (aus) 6

DATE-KRUMM ERAKOVIC KUZNETSOVA BARTY SANDERS

ROGOWSKA ZAKOPALOVA PIRONKOVA JANKOVIC DELLACQUA
Keadz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27th, 2008, 10:09 AM   #1440
country flag Ben.

GL Jess reasonable draw...then Jarka.