Jessica Moore - Page 94 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 23rd, 2008, 09:07 AM   #1396
country flag OZTENNIS

OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Jessica Moore

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanyQ View Post
Zack, normally I agree with most of your posts. Really, I'm sure Jess wouldn't be dumb enough to play an AMT while injured?!
Yeah I know...
If I had a link to that info I would post it here...just can't remember where I read/heard it from
Advertisement

Old Oct 23rd, 2008, 09:50 AM   #1397
country flag scottsue

scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of

Congratulations to Jessica on her win over Sophie. I am sorry if my msinformed opinion has sparked debate.....and no drugs to blame now!!!!!
scottsue is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24th, 2008, 10:13 AM   #1398
country flag Keadz

Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute

Bad news, Jess lost 6-0 6-0 in her quarter final.

DATE-KRUMM ERAKOVIC KUZNETSOVA BARTY SANDERS

ROGOWSKA ZAKOPALOVA PIRONKOVA JANKOVIC DELLACQUA
Keadz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24th, 2008, 10:20 AM   #1399
country flag Ben.

Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute

Jess

Guess it wasn't her day today, thought she would win at least a few games here & there. But on the +ve side, at least she made the QF of a big ITF event.

Hope she does better in Tokyo
Ben. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24th, 2008, 10:21 AM   #1400
country flag Ben.

Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute

What will Jess' ranking be after this tournament?
Ben. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24th, 2008, 10:25 AM   #1401
country flag scottsue

scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of

Shocking score line that.
scottsue is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24th, 2008, 10:27 AM   #1402
country flag Keadz

Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute

Ranking should be about 133 I think, which is very impressive.

Old Oct 24th, 2008, 11:50 AM   #1403
country flag Harvs

Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute

that is bloody terrible... wow
Harvs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24th, 2008, 12:34 PM   #1404
country flag aussie_fan

aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future

Ouch, not a pretty scoreline

Alicia Molik|Sam Stosur|Nicole Pratt|Casey Dellacqua|Sophie Fergsuon|Monqiue Adamczak|Jess Moore|And the rest of the aussies

Also support: Ana Ivanovic| Maria Kirilenko| Misa Krajicek| Marion Bartoli| Jarmila Gajdosova| Lucie Safarova
aussie_fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24th, 2008, 11:45 PM   #1405
country flag OZTENNIS

OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute

Terribly, terribly, terribly disappointing loss. There is no way Moore should be losing to a player of Chan's calibre 6-0 6-0. I mean she has done better against the likes of Peer, Safarova, Bondarenko and Kuznetsova. I think this is her first ever double bagel loss, and it has to be one of the worst losses of her career...

Oh well, positives are that she made the quarter finals of a 100k + H, proved her standing in AUS by beating Ferguson etc etc. Hope that she can produce a similar result next week in Tokyo. Hope that next year she plays many more of these big events and the quallies of WTA events rather than 25k's as it will be better competition and better for her development
Old Oct 24th, 2008, 11:59 PM   #1406
country flag Keadz

Well it would have been daunting for her, the size of the stadium in Tapai is quite large, it was the night time feature match and she was up against the best player in the draw. All quite daunting prospects.

Hopefully she doesn't get to down on herself and can get another good result in Toyko. Finish the year of in style

Old Oct 25th, 2008, 12:47 AM   #1407
Golovinjured.

Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute

That's a terrible loss, AUSBOY is going to have a field day with this one, and so he should. Really there's no excuses for this display.

The crowd, nor the opponent, should not have daunted her. She's played in Grand Slams and faced Top 10/20 opponents quite a few times now, so Chan shouldn't have intimidated her any more than those times despite the home crowd. She wasn't hampered by any injury either, as far as we know. Maybe she was? We'll see if she competes in Tokyo, anyway. If she withdraws, that could be what's behind it.

I don't think there are positives to take from this, when you look at it closely. On paper, yes she reached the quarters of a $100K+H, but the draw wasn't exactly strong. I've seen better draws in $50K's. The players she beat were a 747th ranked Japanese girl and Sophie Ferguson, who hasn't played for months, and even then it took three sets. I don't see how this tournament has been impressive whatsoever. Really a mediocre week for her, I think anyway.

She's ranked in the Top 150 now, and the fact that she's only beaten one Top 200 player this year, and only two in her whole career is rather frightening to be honest. Let alone the fact that she's yet to defeat a Top 100 player.
Golovinjured. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25th, 2008, 12:56 AM   #1408
country flag kittyking

kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute

All players have their bad days, most players have the occasional dreadful days. Jess doesnt have a reputation of losing badly, in fact many times she has taken them to a tiebreak and/or a third set. This despite her playing so many players ranked well higher than her.

Jess' result may have been bad, but some of your comments are nearly as wrong as the invasion of Iraq
Old Oct 25th, 2008, 01:00 AM   #1409
Golovinjured.

Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute

How so? What from what I said was wrong, exactly?

I know players have their bad days, and Jess may well have had one of those days. But she could have also been completely outplayed.
Golovinjured. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25th, 2008, 01:10 AM   #1410
country flag kittyking

kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radekleroad View Post
How so? What from what I said was wrong, exactly?

I know players have their bad days, and Jess may well have had one of those days. But she could have also been completely outplayed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radekleroad View Post
That's a terrible loss, AUSBOY is going to have a field day with this one, and so he should. Really there's no excuses for this display.

I don't think there are positives to take from this, when you look at it closely. On paper, yes she reached the quarters of a $100K+H
AUSBOY probably would have picked on her if she had have lost 7-6 6-7 6-7, all be it to the favourite of the tournament and hometown hero. He must hate the fact that Jess hasnt had that many bad losses this year, poor guy

Quarterfinals of a 100k (+H) event is a positive for Jess at least Imo. It's only one step down from a Tier IV tournament (say, like Auckland) and its so easy for young players to get overwealmed at these sort of tournaments. She may well leave embarrassed for her result today, but not without a smile on her face. And if she has been playing injured, an even better result for her.