Jessica Moore - Page 39 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 11th, 2008, 12:33 PM   #571
country flag TS

TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Jessica Moore

Correct me if I'm wrong but is this Julie's Grand Slam main draw debut? She's 29, so that's remarkable. Hard to believe that 17 year old Jessica has already played in two in comparison! Of course that's cos of WCs, but still it's an interesting stat.
TS is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 11th, 2008, 11:54 PM   #572
country flag SeanyQ

SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by TS View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong but is this Julie's Grand Slam main draw debut? She's 29, so that's remarkable. Hard to believe that 17 year old Jessica has already played in two in comparison! Of course that's cos of WCs, but still it's an interesting stat.
Good pick up Terry!
Yeah the usta's done Julie no favours whatsoever! Pretty bad that Jess has received a Us Open MD wc by 17 & Julie's 29 & never received one!
She was a college player, which is why she didn't hit the tour properly until recently. Finished 2007 as # 1 on the US challenger circuit (I'm pretty sure she's # 1 on the all time winners list for US challengers).

Looking at her GS history....
AO - never played;
FO - Q1 - 2007
W - Q1 - 2007, &
US - Q1 - 1999(q/wc) & 2005....Reached final Q round 2007....

So yeah, huge match for Julie!!
SeanyQ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12th, 2008, 12:00 AM   #573
country flag SeanyQ

SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future

Julie Ditty. The Ashland, Ky., native made USTA Pro Circuit history in October 2007, when she defeated Angela Haynes in the final of the PGA Tour Superstore 50K Tennis Classic in Lawrenceville, Ga. The win gave the 28-year-old left-hander her 30th career title on the USTA Pro Circuit – eight in singles and 22 in doubles – and tied her with Nana Smith for the all-time record in USTA Pro Circuit championships.
Ditty, who also finished runner-up in doubles in Lawrenceville with partner Leanne Baker of New Zealand, picked up five of her 30 USTA Circuit wins in 2007, capturing three in singles at Lawrenceville, $50,000 Sea Island, Ga., in April and $25,000 Palm Desert, Calif., in February, as well as two doubles crowns at $25,000 Redding in March and $25,000 Palm Desert in February.

She moved up to a career-high ranking of No. 120 in the world following her victory in Lawrenceville, but she wasn’t finished there. She played her final tournament of the year in Quebec City, where, after qualifying into the main draw, she advanced to her first Tour singles semifinal.

Ditty ended the year ranked 101st in the world, up 196 spots from her 2006 year-end rank of No. 297.
(http://www.usta.com/news/fullstory.s...inewsid=515578)
SeanyQ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12th, 2008, 12:08 AM   #574
country flag scottsue

scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of

Julie will be very hungry for her first Grand Slam win.
scottsue is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12th, 2008, 12:08 AM   #575
country flag Ben.

Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute

Wonder what game Ditty plays?
Ben. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12th, 2008, 12:09 AM   #576
country flag Ben.

Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute

I would think of Ditty as a counterpunching style of player who hits off the baseline with consistency. What do you guys think?
Old Jan 12th, 2008, 12:12 AM   #577
country flag ozfan44

ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute

Tough match but hopefully Jess can pull something out here!!

Definately a better draw than Kuzentsova last year!!
|
And all the other aussie girls
ozfan44 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12th, 2008, 12:14 AM   #578
country flag Ben.

Well if Jess wins over Ditty, she might face Peer next up. Be another good experience for her if she played a Top 20 player, but we can't get ahead of ourselves here.
Old Jan 12th, 2008, 01:11 AM   #579
country flag Mana

Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute

Julie has a good first serve and nice volleys. Her game off the ground is solid, I think Jess will find it hard against her. but we'll see
Old Jan 12th, 2008, 01:13 AM   #580
country flag azza

azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute

lol that story almost makes me wanna root for Julie.
azza is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12th, 2008, 01:45 AM   #581
country flag Harvs

Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute

better draw than most for sure.

will be tough with the odds against jess... but i wouldnt count her out completely
Harvs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12th, 2008, 01:49 AM   #582
country flag ozfan44

ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute

If only you had someone willing to go with you azza!!
|
And all the other aussie girls
ozfan44 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12th, 2008, 11:41 AM   #583
country flag TS

TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute

For those curious about how Julie Ditty plays, here's a clip of her playing Lindsay Davenport in Bali last year

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GjILzpiwtlU
TS is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12th, 2008, 12:30 PM   #584
country flag scottsue

scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of

That was really intersting Terry. Thanks for that. Good solid leftie. If Jessica returns well and gets into the rally that would be good.
scottsue is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13th, 2008, 03:01 AM   #585
louloubelle

louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future

What a great story regarding Julie Ditty!
I expect Jess to thrive on the big occasion and give a good acount of herself. I remember Sam Stosur having the same up and down results in satelittes but stepping it up for the slams - Davenport loss at Wimbledon, defeating Martinez and Webb at AO a few years back. Jess put in a solid performance against Safarova at the US Open when we thought she'd get wiped, she shouldn't be too daunted.