Jessica Moore - Page 114 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 20th, 2009, 06:29 AM   #1696
country flag TS

TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Jessica Moore

Jess can't control the draw. She has to go out there and still beat the player, whoever it may be.

Well done
TS is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 20th, 2009, 06:31 AM   #1697
country flag Mr_Molik

Mr_Molik has a reputation beyond repute Mr_Molik has a reputation beyond repute Mr_Molik has a reputation beyond repute Mr_Molik has a reputation beyond repute Mr_Molik has a reputation beyond repute Mr_Molik has a reputation beyond repute Mr_Molik has a reputation beyond repute Mr_Molik has a reputation beyond repute Mr_Molik has a reputation beyond repute Mr_Molik has a reputation beyond repute Mr_Molik has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not sure if this is such a good thing. She struggles past a crippled 16 y.o., and gets to keep her inflated ranking for another 8 months. I thought it would of been better for her to take the ranking tumble, and rebuild her game on the way back up.

Sophie Ferguson ~ Casey Dellacqua ~ Samantha Stosur ~ Jessica Moore ~ Christina Wheeler ~ Monique Adamczak ~
Mr_Molik is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20th, 2009, 06:34 AM   #1698
country flag TS

TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute

Nice logic there.

I'm sure she'd rather take the win, the prizemoney and the points.
Old Jan 20th, 2009, 06:37 AM   #1699
country flag Mr_Molik

Mr_Molik has a reputation beyond repute Mr_Molik has a reputation beyond repute Mr_Molik has a reputation beyond repute Mr_Molik has a reputation beyond repute Mr_Molik has a reputation beyond repute Mr_Molik has a reputation beyond repute Mr_Molik has a reputation beyond repute Mr_Molik has a reputation beyond repute Mr_Molik has a reputation beyond repute Mr_Molik has a reputation beyond repute Mr_Molik has a reputation beyond repute

Obviously I'm not saying she should have tried to lose.

I just think it would have been better for her long term. She can't keep getting these dream draws forever. And I think she needs to seriously overhaul her game if she is to progress further up the ranks.

Sophie Ferguson ~ Casey Dellacqua ~ Samantha Stosur ~ Jessica Moore ~ Christina Wheeler ~ Monique Adamczak ~
Mr_Molik is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20th, 2009, 06:47 AM   #1700
country flag TS

I agree in that she has a lot to work on, and when you compare her to other 18 year olds around the world, she doesn't come close. But with wins come confidence, and the more wins she gets, the better it is for her. She seems to be a player that once she gets on a roll her game also steps up a notch. When she starts losing, she's bloody awful.

I still think she'll get smacked in her next round, but today was a major stepping stone for her.
Old Jan 20th, 2009, 06:48 AM   #1701
country flag alex14

alex14 is a splendid one to behold alex14 is a splendid one to behold alex14 is a splendid one to behold alex14 is a splendid one to behold alex14 is a splendid one to behold alex14 is a splendid one to behold alex14 is a splendid one to behold alex14 is a splendid one to behold alex14 is a splendid one to behold alex14 is a splendid one to behold alex14 is a splendid one to behold

true, but she has taken advantage of every single draw, and trust me it is hard to play top tennis when your under the amount of pressure she is under, its not like she is playing someone her senior where you can hit away, its harder playing someone her junior such as Oudin and McHale who are not players to joke around with.

Anyways personally i think her game suits clay much more, even though he success on the stuff is slightly limited. This win also gaurantess her entry into the FO qually draw, she also has little points to defend up until then. So if she has some good results up until then she could make the MD based on her own ranking. But that could be asking for a bit much. lol. I heard somewhere, that for making the 2rd she now gets 100pts as opposed to the 60pts you used to get. Is that right?
alex14 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20th, 2009, 06:51 AM   #1702
country flag TS

^ That is correct, but they doubled last years points too so essentially she has gained the same amount this year.
Old Jan 20th, 2009, 08:02 AM   #1703
country flag Keadz

Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute

I think this match is a HUGE load of Jess' back. This win meant a lot to her which you could see at the end of the match. She was soooo relieved and happy. She fought incredibly hard and played the best tennis of the match from 3-5 down in the last set. I think with this win...a lot of the pressure which she was trying to live up to has been taken off and she can pretty much go out there swinging from now on.

Good win Jess, no matter who the player coming back from 3-5 in the final set is a great effort.
Good luck next round

at the crowd pronouncing her name "moor-ey"

DATE-KRUMM ERAKOVIC KUZNETSOVA BARTY SANDERS

ROGOWSKA ZAKOPALOVA PIRONKOVA JANKOVIC DELLACQUA
Keadz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20th, 2009, 08:27 AM   #1704
country flag Dani12

Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute

Moorey is just a nick name, they arn't retarded Me and my whole family get called Moorey sometimes aswell.
Dani12 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20th, 2009, 08:36 AM   #1705
country flag Keadz

Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute

But it sounds so silly. Nicknames are meant to be shorter

DATE-KRUMM ERAKOVIC KUZNETSOVA BARTY SANDERS

ROGOWSKA ZAKOPALOVA PIRONKOVA JANKOVIC DELLACQUA
Keadz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20th, 2009, 09:21 AM   #1706
country flag Dani12

Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keadz View Post
But it sounds so silly. Nicknames are meant to be shorter
Moo?

Australian's just tend to add a y onto nicknames and are done with it.
Dani12 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20th, 2009, 09:46 AM   #1707
country flag Brett.
Rest In Peace, Elena

Brett. has a reputation beyond repute Brett. has a reputation beyond repute Brett. has a reputation beyond repute Brett. has a reputation beyond repute Brett. has a reputation beyond repute Brett. has a reputation beyond repute Brett. has a reputation beyond repute Brett. has a reputation beyond repute Brett. has a reputation beyond repute Brett. has a reputation beyond repute Brett. has a reputation beyond repute

Jessie says 'Mooooooooo'
Brett. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20th, 2009, 10:20 AM   #1708
louloubelle

louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future

Well done to Jess. I actually can't believe she won the match
McHale was pretty impressive in the first set and really Jess had no answers. Obviously McHales game dropped off. I didn't see the 2nd and some of the 3rd but Jess really toughened out at the end.
McHale might have been cramping at one stage but she seemed to be moving OK side to side during the final games of the match. Jess played to win at the end and got it.
I don't think her game needs an overhaul. Certainly more stick on her groundies is needed and she really needs to work the angles more instead of playing so up/down the court. But her stroke production is fine - its the point set up that needs work (i.e. more matches also). It is obvious that she is trying to get more penetration on the serve - this is a work in progress no doubt. Fitness though - she looks good out there and she certainly covers the court well - just some anticipation is needed.
Old Jan 20th, 2009, 10:43 AM   #1709
country flag broncosven

broncosven has a reputation beyond repute broncosven has a reputation beyond repute broncosven has a reputation beyond repute broncosven has a reputation beyond repute broncosven has a reputation beyond repute broncosven has a reputation beyond repute broncosven has a reputation beyond repute broncosven has a reputation beyond repute broncosven has a reputation beyond repute broncosven has a reputation beyond repute broncosven has a reputation beyond repute

watching the match jess was patchy but she did enough to win and thats all that you need to do really whether it be 60 60 or 67 76 97

at times she showed great touch and smart and other times she showed that she needs more focus and control

Alicia Molik~Nicole Pratt~Samantha Stosur~Christina Wheeler

Nicole Kriz~Monique Adamczak~Isabella Holland~Jessica Moore

Emily Hewson~Trudi Musgrave~Sophie Ferguson~Casey Dellacqua
broncosven is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20th, 2009, 10:57 AM   #1710
country flag aussie_fan

aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future

Didn't get to see this as i was watching THE GOOCH and Izzy but nice win Jess

Alicia Molik|Sam Stosur|Nicole Pratt|Casey Dellacqua|Sophie Fergsuon|Monqiue Adamczak|Jess Moore|And the rest of the aussies

Also support: Ana Ivanovic| Maria Kirilenko| Misa Krajicek| Marion Bartoli| Jarmila Gajdosova| Lucie Safarova
aussie_fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote