Jessica Moore - Page 109 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 31st, 2008, 02:33 AM   #1621
country flag OZTENNIS

OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Jessica Moore

Sorry Harvs
Got back too late

http://www.ea-la.tv/mottotennis/live/liveeng.html
That's the link though - Sophie's on now.

Moore's early form quickly disintegrated as Jarka found her feet. The end result was never in doubt, and I thought Jess would do well (considering her current form, and Jarka's) to get 5 games.
6-3 6-1 Jarka. Too many easy errors from Jess and Jarka had to much firepower
Bad luck, but congrats on making the quarter finals of only your second 50k (two from two )
Hope she has a bit of a break now, been a long and tiring season
Advertisement

Old Oct 31st, 2008, 04:56 AM   #1622
country flag Ben.

Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute

Bad luck Jess...Jarka was just the better player on the day, so no shame in losing to her.
Ben. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31st, 2008, 04:59 AM   #1623
country flag Keadz

Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute

Bad luck Jess, but creeping ever closer to the top 100 with every win.

Was this her last tournament for the year?

DATE-KRUMM ERAKOVIC KUZNETSOVA BARTY SANDERS

ROGOWSKA ZAKOPALOVA PIRONKOVA JANKOVIC DELLACQUA
Keadz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31st, 2008, 08:13 AM   #1624
country flag aussie_fan

aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future

Bad Luck Jess, not really a surprising result though.

Alicia Molik|Sam Stosur|Nicole Pratt|Casey Dellacqua|Sophie Fergsuon|Monqiue Adamczak|Jess Moore|And the rest of the aussies

Also support: Ana Ivanovic| Maria Kirilenko| Misa Krajicek| Marion Bartoli| Jarmila Gajdosova| Lucie Safarova
aussie_fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19th, 2008, 06:09 AM   #1625
country flag OZTENNIS

OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute

Few paragraphs and photos concerning Jess in the December edition of Australian Tennis Magazine.

One photo relates to TA's AIS Pro Tour Program and the success of the system (?) and the players within the AIS have had. More of a sucky up article IMO so TA starts selling the magazine again.

Another photo relates to life 'out of the limelight.' Jess admitted to having lost some motivation after playing the Australian Open then falling back into the 25k's in WA. She said you wonder at times if it was the correct path to choose, and made her intentions known that she wishes to complete her education, as much as she hates it

Final piece of info on Jess was a photo and a small article relating to her 2008 successes and pointing out that she will be a player to watch over the 2009 summer.
Old Nov 19th, 2008, 06:27 AM   #1626
Golovinjured.

Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZTENNIS View Post
Few paragraphs and photos concerning Jess in the December edition of Australian Tennis Magazine.

One photo relates to TA's AIS Pro Tour Program and the success of the system (?) and the players within the AIS have had. More of a sucky up article IMO so TA starts selling the magazine again.

Another photo relates to life 'out of the limelight.' Jess admitted to having lost some motivation after playing the Australian Open then falling back into the 25k's in WA. She said you wonder at times if it was the correct path to choose, and made her intentions known that she wishes to complete her education, as much as she hates it

Final piece of info on Jess was a photo and a small article relating to her 2008 successes and pointing out that she will be a player to watch over the 2009 summer.

Golovinjured. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 25th, 2008, 10:46 PM   #1627
country flag Droolv
*shy

Droolv has a reputation beyond repute Droolv has a reputation beyond repute Droolv has a reputation beyond repute Droolv has a reputation beyond repute Droolv has a reputation beyond repute Droolv has a reputation beyond repute Droolv has a reputation beyond repute Droolv has a reputation beyond repute Droolv has a reputation beyond repute Droolv has a reputation beyond repute Droolv has a reputation beyond repute

From today's West Australian

Now it’s time for Moore
Rising star ready for next step

After the Australian Open this year, WA tyro Jessica Moore jotted down some goals for 2008 on a bit of scrap paper. The then 17-year-old had finished runner-up in the junior singles and heartened the Australian tennis world by beating American Julie Ditty in the first round of the main event before falling to Israel’s Shahar Peer in the second. The lissom Moore started the year with a ranking of 359 in the world, and that was the first area to be noted on her private projections for 2008. By year’s end she wanted a ranking below 150, a dramatic and respectable drop in anybody’s terms. Moore also wanted to be more physically and mentally attuned to life in the cruel lane of tennis where seasoned professionals make a habit of intimidating the younger players on the court. Her current ranking of 132 reflects the success she enjoyed. Winning rounds in the Australian and US opens, making her debut in the Fed Cup in Thailand and pocketing an ITF title overseas, in Italy, can all be regarded as foundation stones on which to build a future. And, her exploits didn’t go unnoticed by the Australian tennis world, yearning for another woman to cut it at the top level. Her Australian Open victory over Ditty made her the youngest Australian to take a match at the Australian Open since Jelena Dokic in 1999, and though she lost the girls final to Arantxa Rus, she was the first local in 13 years to get that far. Her Fed Cup debut in February this year — she previously had represented Australia in junior Fed Cup, and was named as an orange girl for the seniors’ in Switzerland in 2006 — made her the youngest Australian to play for her country since Dokic in 2000. Moore also won the junior doubles at Wimbledon and the French Open with Slovenian Polona Hercog, who she teamed with at the last minute because her AIS coach Sandon Stolle and Hercog’s tutor, Zoltan Kuharszky, were old friends. Moore now sits in the middle of the traffic jam of players trying to negotiate the bottleneck that bulges on either side of the top 100. “I’d like to be in the top 100 next year, that’s the aim,” said the Williams born and bred teenager who won the local senior singles title at the district’s Tarwonga Tennis Club at the age of 10. “I’m 132 at the moment and really focusing on having a good summer. I feel I’ve learnt a lot. I’ve been through the summer experience a couple of times now and feel this summer is my time to really have a go at it.” For the last two years, Moore operated in an age warp where she could play as a junior or as a senior in limited events but the self-assured country girl has successfully handled her transition stage and will now only play seniors. It’s the ultimate test, but she can’t wait. Moore came across that bit of paper while visiting her mother and father, Sharon and Peter, and brother James for a week before heading to the AIS in Canberra for a month of mental and physical conditioning. “Initially, I was going to play two events at Burswood and Sorrento but, basically the head coach and other coaches decided I needed a physical block (of conditioning),” she said. “Last year I had a period where I was injured after summer, so I need to be strong mentally and physically so I don’t break down.“It’s a lot of tennis at once. Last time I had a shoulder injury through overload because I was not strong enough.” Moore was content with her progress through 2008, though some areas of her game remain highlighted. “The note was about a ranking goal, a physical goal and mental goal. When I looked at it a couple of weeks ago, I achieved a lot of them,” she said. “Physically, I’ve got to get stronger because I had to take time off early this year because of injuries. “Mentally, I’ve learnt a lot this year, being on the road, being able to cope with it better, not living an everyday 17-year-old’s life. “One of the goals was to just adapt better. I have done that but I still feel I have to improve a lot more. “It’s tough but I get a lot of help with the AIS, family and friends, but mainly my family.” Moore assesses her best result for the year was beating American Melanie Oudin in the first round (two tie-break sets) of the US Open before losing her next match to seasoned German Anna-Lena Groenefeld. It also earned her more than $30,000. It helped lift Moore’s ranking to third among the Australian women behind Sam Stosur (49) and Casey Dellacqua (52). “It was a breakthrough win for me because I’d had a tough time in the lead-up and not won many matches,” she said.

RAY WILSON
Droolv is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 25th, 2008, 11:35 PM   #1628
louloubelle

louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future

Nice article.
Interesting that she skipped the WA 25K's for a physical block of training - glad she and her coaches are thinking long-term. The training may have drained her during the playoffs but ideally she'd be looking to peak at the AO (or maybe even longer-term than that).
Old Jan 1st, 2009, 10:30 PM   #1629
louloubelle

louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future

Article from the Herald Sun.
Pain for Jessica Moore
January 02, 2009 12:00am
YOUNG Australian tennis ace Jessica Moore will bravely play the Brisbane International qualifying event after being ignored by tournament officials.
Moore, 18, was overlooked for a wildcard into the main draw in favour of the resurgent Jelena Dokic and players 400 places below her in the WTA rankings.
Australia's third-highest ranked woman player at No. 138 in the world, Moore last year became the youngest Aussie since Dokic in 1999 to win a match at the Australian Open.
She also reached the Australian Open junior final and made her Fed Cup debut.
But she will have to make it through qualifying to play in the Brisbane event, starting on Sunday.
Dokic - ranked No. 179 in the world - and hometown hopes Monika Wejnert, 16, (No. 528) and Isabella Holland, 17, (No. 582) received wildcards.
Moore said she would put the disappointment behind her and focus on getting through qualifying.
"I'm not going to dwell on it too much," Moore said. "They're giving a few opportunities to the girls who did well in the (Australian Open) wildcard playoffs.
"Some are locals so it's a good opportunity for them. I've been given a wildcard opportunity next week in Hobart so I'm pretty happy, and hopefully I can take that on board and do well." Moore arrived in Brisbane yesterday morning from her base in Perth and went straight to the new Queensland Tennis Centre for her first hit.
Dokic was having her first practice session at the same time on the next court.
She said she was fortunate to receive a wildcard but her recent win at the Australian Open playoffs would have helped.
"I've had a good couple of weeks and a good couple of months and I'm happy with my form," Dokic said.
"I just want to get . . . in as many matches in as I can. The field here is really strong so it will be good practice"
Old Jan 1st, 2009, 10:40 PM   #1630
country flag Harvs

Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute

lol that article is a crock of shit... u can tell she completely understands and shes fine with it haha... lame as.
Harvs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1st, 2009, 10:55 PM   #1631
louloubelle

No surprise from the Herald Sun - always looking for a story thats not there.
Old Jan 1st, 2009, 11:37 PM   #1632
AUSBOY

AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future

Exactly, all MD wildcards awardees did better than her at the recent Aust Open Wildcard playoffs, and she already had direct entry to qualifying, so why not allow another Aussie girl the opportunity to play. Just because she's number 3 or really number 5 in Australia, shouldn't entitle her to anything and hopefully she is aware of this and knows not to expect any wildcard in the future. Who knows a poor performance here could really hamper her chances for a MD WC at Aust Open, of which I'm sure she is expecting a MD WC for. The WC's really needed to be allocated on form, recent results and not just ranking.
AUSBOY is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2nd, 2009, 06:47 AM   #1633
country flag TS

TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute

Jess got hammered 2&0 by Vinci today.

She'll still get the AO WC though. Shocking form at the moment, but they'll still give it to her based on ranking and results over the last 12 months.
TS is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2nd, 2009, 07:22 AM   #1634
country flag SeanyQ

SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future

I watched Jess hit a total of 3 balls in this match. That was sure as fuck enough for me!
2 shitty short forehands, followed by an attempt to approach the net off A SLICE FOREHAND! Shitty stuff, I was not in the mood for it.
SeanyQ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2nd, 2009, 08:15 AM   #1635
country flag anthonyqld

anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of

I didn't see any of Jess's match today. It started when the 2nd set in Sophie's match started and was over by the time Soph's match ended. So didn't get to see any of it.
Yulia Putintseva , Vera Zvonareva , Dominika Cibulkova , Serena Williams , Galina Voskoboeva , Elena Vesnina
Alison Riske , Storm Sanders , Laura Robson , Jarmila Gajdosova , Olivia Rogowska, Tsvetana Pironkova
anthonyqld is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote