Jessica Moore - Page 101 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 28th, 2008, 01:52 PM   #1501
country flag OZTENNIS

OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Jessica Moore

Just like to point out that Melanie Oudin (whom Jess beat in two tiebreaks at the US Open) yesterday beat Sybille Bammer in 3 sets in the first round of Quebec
Advertisement

Old Oct 29th, 2008, 03:56 AM   #1502
country flag Mr_Molik

Mr_Molik has a reputation beyond repute Mr_Molik has a reputation beyond repute Mr_Molik has a reputation beyond repute Mr_Molik has a reputation beyond repute Mr_Molik has a reputation beyond repute Mr_Molik has a reputation beyond repute Mr_Molik has a reputation beyond repute Mr_Molik has a reputation beyond repute Mr_Molik has a reputation beyond repute Mr_Molik has a reputation beyond repute Mr_Molik has a reputation beyond repute

lol, and....

Sophie Ferguson ~ Casey Dellacqua ~ Samantha Stosur ~ Jessica Moore ~ Christina Wheeler ~ Monique Adamczak ~
Mr_Molik is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29th, 2008, 05:32 AM   #1503
country flag Dani12

Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUSBOY View Post
I'm not degrading her game, she has potential, but right now she has some major flaws she needs to overcome if she is going to take the next step up into the top 100. She plays exactly like Rachel McQuillan used to, but with less consistency off the ground, and worse volleying skills.
Yeah it just gets tiring hearing the same thing over and over again, Jess this and Sophie could beat her if this, and Jess hasn't got good this or that. It is annoying that you just seem to be looking at all of the negative points and maybe you don't do it on purpose but it does. By the way there is a difference between living in fantasy land and being postive, and most of Jess's fans are just being positive..In saying that though I do respect your opinion...but you don't have to try and try and make people see the harsh realities all the time, sometimes just going with the flow is better
Dani12 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29th, 2008, 05:57 AM   #1504
AUSBOY

AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Molik View Post
lol, and....
and Bammer is tired after a long season where she has played 25 tournaments travelled to over 15 countries, boarded over 50 flights with a kid entail to look after compared to only 11 events for Oudin's which have all been in USA. Upsets are common at the end of a season, the top players are tired

But from a Jess fan its more like, Jess beat a player that beat Bammer who beat world number 2 Kuznetsova in the world this year, so that means Jess is such and amazing player and is better than the world number 2!
AUSBOY is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29th, 2008, 06:10 AM   #1505
country flag drake3781

drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
and Bammer is tired after a long season where she has played 25 tournaments travelled to over 15 countries, boarded over 50 flights with a kid entail to look after compared to only 11 events for Oudin's which have all been in USA. Upsets are common at the end of a season, the top players are tired

But from a Jess fan its more like, Jess beat a player that beat Bammer who beat world number 2 Kuznetsova in the world this year, so that means Jess is such and amazing player and is better than the world number 2!

OMG you really are an azz.
drake3781 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29th, 2008, 06:19 AM   #1506
country flag Harvs

Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

ur a dickhead
Harvs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29th, 2008, 09:30 AM   #1507
country flag azza

azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

haha thats totally how people think so true!
azza is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29th, 2008, 10:59 AM   #1508
country flag OZTENNIS

OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute

Well I am sorry.

I am sorry for being interested in the future of our top junior.
I am sorry for being a supporter of our top junior.
I am sorry for reporting back to fellow Moore fans about her results
I am sorry for reporting back to fellow Moore fans about her ranking and her progress

On the eve of the US Open there were so many people wondering how much ability and potential Melanie Oudin had, and we didn't have very much to go off. There were no clips of her on youtube playing tennis (at that time), little information on the board from fellow posters and she hadn't played much outside of the States. There were some who expected Jess to win regardless, and others (including me) who felt Oudin was a bit of an unknown quantity.

The reason I posted Oudin's result here was to show that she is no slouch (as some automatically assumed) and she is clearly much more deserving of a much higher ranking.

I just can't believe the amount of hate which is being dished out over Jessica here in this thread. There are more and more posters (ie AUSBOY, azza, and at times Mr Molik) who spurt out nothing but critism and carelessly regard the the integrity and opinions of other posters in this thread. If you guys have nothing constructive to add to the discussion in this thread than don't post in it! I admit that AUSBOY in particular has offered constructive criticism about Jess' game and mentality. But honestly, does every post need to be about her game, her over-achieving, her inflated ranking, her inconsistency? When did a 'go Jess' or a 'good luck Jess' ever go astray?

And to those who were earlier saying that I was making excuses for Jess losing to the likes of Wheeler and Starr, take a look in the mirror. Most of you were (regardless of Sophie's lack of form) expecting her to beat Jess last week. When she proved you wrong most of you pointed to Sophie's lack of form, fitness and match play. That is fair enough, but isn't that the pot calling the kettle black? Isn't that hypocritical? I mean how can you make excuses for someone like Sophie and then turn around and accuse others of making excuses for Jess' losses? The difference here is that I accept Sophie wasn't in prime physical conditioning or match toughness, but it is clearly unfair to be pointing fingers at other people when you yourselves make excuses for Sophie's losses.

And so, as I said earlier, this thread is a supporting thread for Jessica Moore, it is not a paying out, copping out, rubbishing or bitching thread. So if some of you cannot swallow that then go jump

Now...

Jess this week achieved a career high ranking of World No.132. This saw her strengthen her position as the Aussie No.3 behind Dellacqua (52) and ahead of Dokic (175). Her quarter final appearance in Taipei also guarantees Jess will end the season in the top 150 for the first time in her career

Tomorrow Jess will play Ryoko Fuda in the second round of the $US50 000 Tokyo ITF Women's Circuit Event. The winner will have to (most likely) play Jarmila Gajdosova in the quarter finals. Once again, Jess has gotten a good draw (a qualifier followed by a wildcard) but she still has to win these matches to get the points. She will have to improve on her opening round performance to polish off Fuda, but I am confident she can make the quarter finals of another 50k for the season
Old Oct 29th, 2008, 11:12 AM   #1509
country flag Ben.

Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute

Well said Zack. And I agree that this thread can't just all be criticism on Jess, it has to have support for her too.

So let's cut out the bitching in here cause I'm just sick & tired of it.
Ben. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29th, 2008, 11:59 AM   #1510
AUSBOY

AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future

Firstly you two should get married! Talk about a perfect match, two drama queens! Both of you need to appreciate constructive criticism, its not a negative, but you are probably both to young to realise this.

Secondly what hate has been shown towards Jess? I have on many occassions wished Jess good luck!

Thirdly, you mightn't know much about Oudin, but a lot of posters do, and I don't recall anyone saying she was a slouch. It was more a case that it was one of the most winnable match ups possible for Jess, as it was one of the few players in the draw Jess had an advantage over.

Fourthly, you can't compare results anyway, just like you all got excited when Jess beat Ditty until I reported back after the match that Ditty had the flu, how do you know Bammer didn't have some ailment! So the result is meaningless unless you saw the match, read a match report and know exactly what happened.

Fifthly, the technical information I post is something you should try to learn from, when you see Jess play next, analyse what I have said are her weaknesses and see for yourself if I'm right, because several other posters agree with me on my pointers. Its not a negative, just highlighting what Jess needs to improve on, and I hope she can improve on.

Last edited by AUSBOY : Oct 29th, 2008 at 12:12 PM.
AUSBOY is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29th, 2008, 09:54 PM   #1511
country flag Harvs

Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Firstly you two should get married! Talk about a perfect match, two drama queens! Both of you need to appreciate constructive criticism, its not a negative, but you are probably both to young to realise this.

Secondly what hate has been shown towards Jess? I have on many occassions wished Jess good luck!

Thirdly, you mightn't know much about Oudin, but a lot of posters do, and I don't recall anyone saying she was a slouch. It was more a case that it was one of the most winnable match ups possible for Jess, as it was one of the few players in the draw Jess had an advantage over.

Fourthly, you can't compare results anyway, just like you all got excited when Jess beat Ditty until I reported back after the match that Ditty had the flu, how do you know Bammer didn't have some ailment! So the result is meaningless unless you saw the match, read a match report and know exactly what happened.

Fifthly, the technical information I post is something you should try to learn from, when you see Jess play next, analyse what I have said are her weaknesses and see for yourself if I'm right, because several other posters agree with me on my pointers. Its not a negative, just highlighting what Jess needs to improve on, and I hope she can improve on.
u have wished jess good luck a few times... but to be fair, ur posts are negative... u sound like a hater just with the way you speak of her in general... just letting u know

GL NEXT ROUND JESSSSSS
Old Oct 30th, 2008, 01:11 AM   #1512
country flag OZTENNIS

Jess has just stepped on court for her second round match with Fuda.

Here is a link to the match for those who want to watch it:
http://www.ea-la.tv/mottotennis/live/liveeng.html

Good luck Jess.
I just looked up Fuda's recent form and she beat Pauline Parmentier at the Japan Open a few weeks ago, so she is going to be tough
Old Oct 30th, 2008, 01:17 AM   #1513
country flag OZTENNIS

Fuda breaks Moore's serve in the opening game and leads 1-0

She was taking Moore's serve early and hitting it back deep, robbing Jess of time
Old Oct 30th, 2008, 01:19 AM   #1514
country flag OZTENNIS

Fuda holds and leads 2-0 in the opening set.
Too many unforced errors from Jess
Old Oct 30th, 2008, 01:21 AM   #1515
country flag Harvs

hmm s-t-ruggling