Jessica Moore - Page 100 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 28th, 2008, 07:58 AM   #1486
country flag Keadz

Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Jessica Moore

Tell that to ausboy!

DATE-KRUMM ERAKOVIC KUZNETSOVA BARTY SANDERS

ROGOWSKA ZAKOPALOVA PIRONKOVA JANKOVIC DELLACQUA
Keadz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 28th, 2008, 07:59 AM   #1487
country flag Dani12

Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute

Wait what, why is Wang serving now. Did she break Jess or something?
Dani12 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28th, 2008, 08:01 AM   #1488
country flag Ben.

Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by drake3781 View Post
I'm watching and do like Jessica's game. Lots of strong offensive shots, lots of inside outs, good court demeanor. She is up a break in the third at the moment.
Thanks drake

4-4 all, cmon jess!
Ben. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28th, 2008, 08:04 AM   #1489
country flag Ben.

Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute

really do hope that jess serves it out

5-4 30-0
Old Oct 28th, 2008, 08:07 AM   #1490
country flag Ben.

Jess did it

Not one of her best matches, but still a win is a win against a tough opponent
Old Oct 28th, 2008, 08:07 AM   #1491
country flag drake3781

drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danimoo View Post
This Qiang Wang girl is supposed to be a bit of a prospect for China, she is 16 years old.

I'm quite impressed with her too. Have to say I've never heard of her til now.
drake3781 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28th, 2008, 08:11 AM   #1492
country flag Dani12

Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute

I just remember that Wang was one of the leading 14 year olds, at 16 she hasn't made a terrible lot of progress but yeah...

So glad Jess came through, that'll be good. She may have been shakey cause of her loss last week. She needs to get a few more second serves in play, those free points she can't afford to give away.
Dani12 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28th, 2008, 08:14 AM   #1493
country flag TS

TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't see the match, but I'll take the win.

Not feeling too confident about where to go from here though...
TS is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28th, 2008, 08:21 AM   #1494
Golovinjured.

Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute

Well done Jess, good effort to pull through.

Watching the few points that I did, it looks like her height could really be a disadvantage to her game. When her opponent chucks in a deep, high bouncing ball all Jess seems to do is moonball it back from many metres behind the baseline. Granted I only seen a dozen points or so, but I wonder if it would be helpful if she moved in on a few of those with a drive volley from midcourt or something, to take time away from her opponent and substitute for her lack of height.

That Wang girl wasn't a slouch though, IMO.
Golovinjured. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28th, 2008, 08:35 AM   #1495
country flag OZTENNIS

OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by drake3781 View Post
I'm watching and do like Jessica's game. Lots of strong offensive shots, lots of inside outs, good court demeanor. She is up a break in the third at the moment.
Thanks for the nice comment

Agree with most of the posters who watched this and have seen Jess play before. Certainly not one of her better matches, but it's good that she was still able to pull through.

I guess we can see why she lost to Chan 6-0 6-0. So all the Ferguson fans who were making out like Sophie would have won if she was in top form can take that back because Jess clearly isn't playing as well as she can, either. She was returning poorly today and not making the most of her aggressive groundstrokes today. I would like (when she hits a powerful and effective groundstroke) to see her follow it up to the net and put away a few easy volleys rather than allow her opponent to scramble it back and get back in the point.

And as others have said, Wang is a promising player for China, fiesty, relatively consistent and aggressive with deceptive groundstrokes. So many of the Asian girls seem to play double handed on both sides (as Wang does), this will limit her success further down the track IMO
Old Oct 28th, 2008, 09:01 AM   #1496
AUSBOY

AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZTENNIS View Post
Thanks for the nice comment

Agree with most of the posters who watched this and have seen Jess play before. Certainly not one of her better matches, but it's good that she was still able to pull through.

I guess we can see why she lost to Chan 6-0 6-0. So all the Ferguson fans who were making out like Sophie would have won if she was in top form can take that back because Jess clearly isn't playing as well as she can, either. She was returning poorly today and not making the most of her aggressive groundstrokes today. I would like (when she hits a powerful and effective groundstroke) to see her follow it up to the net and put away a few easy volleys rather than allow her opponent to scramble it back and get back in the point.

And as others have said, Wang is a promising player for China, fiesty, relatively consistent and aggressive with deceptive groundstrokes. So many of the Asian girls seem to play double handed on both sides (as Wang does), this will limit her success further down the track IMO
Here we go again.................

Jess always returns passively!!! Name a match when she has been aggressive on return???? As for her powerful groundstrokes, they aren't that powerful and certainly aren't a weapon, but she is capable of setting up the point with them if she can move the ball around and hit it with authority close to the lines, she's good at slamming away a short ball, but most players do that.

As for your Sophie comment, she would kill Jess if both players were at their top form. Both players most likely weren't playing their best last week, but Jess clearly had the advantage of being fitter, and was more match fit than Sophie, advantages to have, but thats no excuse for Sophie losing.
AUSBOY is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28th, 2008, 09:18 AM   #1497
country flag Daniel K

Daniel K has a reputation beyond repute Daniel K has a reputation beyond repute Daniel K has a reputation beyond repute Daniel K has a reputation beyond repute Daniel K has a reputation beyond repute Daniel K has a reputation beyond repute Daniel K has a reputation beyond repute Daniel K has a reputation beyond repute Daniel K has a reputation beyond repute Daniel K has a reputation beyond repute Daniel K has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUSBOY View Post

Jess always returns passively!!! Name a match when she has been aggressive on return???? As for her powerful groundstrokes, they aren't that powerful and certainly aren't a weapon, but she is capable of setting up the point with them if she can move the ball around and hit it with authority close to the lines, she's good at slamming away a short ball, but most players do that.

As for your Sophie comment, she would kill Jess if both players were at their top form. Both players most likely weren't playing their best last week, but Jess clearly had the advantage of being fitter, and was more match fit than Sophie, advantages to have, but that's no excuse for Sophie losing.
Ok we get it. We've heard your opinion on Jess' game many many times. Many of us disagree for good reason. I respect your opinion but is it really necessary to take every opportunity available to degrade her game? It seems like you're obsessed with playing the devil's advocate and it's beyond annoying at this stage.

Last edited by Daniel K : Oct 28th, 2008 at 10:19 AM.
Daniel K is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28th, 2008, 11:06 AM   #1498
country flag aussie_fan

aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future

Well Done Jess

Alicia Molik|Sam Stosur|Nicole Pratt|Casey Dellacqua|Sophie Fergsuon|Monqiue Adamczak|Jess Moore|And the rest of the aussies

Also support: Ana Ivanovic| Maria Kirilenko| Misa Krajicek| Marion Bartoli| Jarmila Gajdosova| Lucie Safarova
aussie_fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28th, 2008, 11:23 AM   #1499
louloubelle

louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUSBOY View Post

Ive seen her a couple of times and that is my worry that she does play too within herself. Hopefully she doesn't try to protect her ranking or protect her seeding at a tournie like this. Go out be aggressive. But w/o seeing the match - she may have tried to do this.
I really like Jess's stroke production - so with a concentrated effort to ramp up her shots - I wouldn't expect her strokes to break down.
Old Oct 28th, 2008, 12:40 PM   #1500
AUSBOY

AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuaitina Pengis View Post
Ok we get it. We've heard your opinion on Jess' game many many times. Many of us disagree for good reason. I respect your opinion but is it really necessary to take every opportunity available to degrade her game? It seems like you're obsessed with playing the devil's advocate and it's beyond annoying at this stage.
I'm not degrading her game, she has potential, but right now she has some major flaws she needs to overcome if she is going to take the next step up into the top 100. She plays exactly like Rachel McQuillan used to, but with less consistency off the ground, and worse volleying skills.
AUSBOY is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote