Melbourne, Australia - 2006 Australian Open - Page 4 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 16th, 2006, 07:29 PM   #46
country flag Dementirilenko

Dementirilenko is a splendid one to behold Dementirilenko is a splendid one to behold Dementirilenko is a splendid one to behold Dementirilenko is a splendid one to behold Dementirilenko is a splendid one to behold Dementirilenko is a splendid one to behold Dementirilenko is a splendid one to behold Dementirilenko is a splendid one to behold Dementirilenko is a splendid one to behold Dementirilenko is a splendid one to behold Dementirilenko is a splendid one to behold
Walt - please don't remember me on Dementieva`s loss again!!!

Patty Schnyder, Anastasia Myskina
Marat Safin, Lleyton Hewitt, David Nalbandian

"I think I played well, I just finished at the wrong time."

Cellist at Kirilenko's Orchestra
Formerly known as "henner"
Dementirilenko is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 17th, 2006, 02:26 AM   #47
country flag KirilenkoRulz

KirilenkoRulz has much to be proud of KirilenkoRulz has much to be proud of KirilenkoRulz has much to be proud of KirilenkoRulz has much to be proud of KirilenkoRulz has much to be proud of KirilenkoRulz has much to be proud of KirilenkoRulz has much to be proud of KirilenkoRulz has much to be proud of KirilenkoRulz has much to be proud of KirilenkoRulz has much to be proud of KirilenkoRulz has much to be proud of
Makiri's round 2 opponent - Galina Voskoboeva, from Moscow, they have never played each other. Galina is 21 years old so she is a little more than 2 years older than Makiri. At 6' (1.83m) and 147 pounds (67kg) she is quite a bit bigger. Turned pro in 2002, just after Makiri (who went pro October 2001) but has been going to college over the past four years and graduated from University RUPF in Moscow in 2005. Even though on the WTA Tour for nearly 4 years, she is at her highest ranking of 105 right now. After graduating from college she must have gone wild playing tournaments because she played 30 last year (more than Makiri who played 25 tournaments...and we thought she played a lot). Galina's preferred surface is hardcourts, the Australian Open surface. Began playing tennis at age six after being introduced to the sport by her mother, Elena. Her stated goal is to reach the Top 20.

Yet another Russian opponent for Makiri, this makes it 5 of her first 7 matches in 2006 (if you include Belarus as being Russian) and it is hard to believe but 4 of the first 7 have been against players from Makiri's home town of Moscow (Nadia P, Bepa Z, Evgenia Linesskaya and now Galina). These first 2 opponents show how special Makiri is, both are older and bigger, but Makiri has had a better career and a more promising future. For every Big Masha who has done better than Makiri, there must be dozens of Galina's and Evgenia's.
KirilenkoRulz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17th, 2006, 01:47 PM   #48

KirilenkoRulz has much to be proud of KirilenkoRulz has much to be proud of KirilenkoRulz has much to be proud of KirilenkoRulz has much to be proud of KirilenkoRulz has much to be proud of KirilenkoRulz has much to be proud of KirilenkoRulz has much to be proud of KirilenkoRulz has much to be proud of KirilenkoRulz has much to be proud of KirilenkoRulz has much to be proud of KirilenkoRulz has much to be proud of
Makiri plays her singles second round match today (Wednesday in Melbourne) as the second match on Court 18. The first match, starting at 1100, is a men's singles, between the #85 and #62 ATP ranked players. Doubles matches start today, but Makiri not playing. Makes sense to have her playing doubles on her "off" day from singles. Court 18 is way out there, on the other side of the main building about as far away from the main matches as one can be. Makiri is the only seeded singles player over on that side of the grounds today. Anyone going to that match should be right up close to the action.
Old Jan 17th, 2006, 04:04 PM   #49

Hey guys, sorry for all the posts I am trying to cut back. Thought you would find this interesting... Makiri came on the Russian site about 20 minutes ago. No big deal, except it is 0245 on Wednesday morning in Melbourne (1845 Tuesday night back home in Moscow) and her match starts say 1230 today. Wrote her a post wishing her good luck later today (udachi, actually closer to success later today Maria). She has now gone off, time for her to get some sleep...
Old Jan 17th, 2006, 05:14 PM   #50
country flag navyseals98

navyseals98 is just really nice navyseals98 is just really nice navyseals98 is just really nice navyseals98 is just really nice navyseals98 is just really nice navyseals98 is just really nice navyseals98 is just really nice navyseals98 is just really nice navyseals98 is just really nice navyseals98 is just really nice navyseals98 is just really nice
Walt, sorry for what, your information is great and always updated. By the way what is the address to the Russian site you were just talking about.
navyseals98 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17th, 2006, 06:28 PM   #51
country flag King Aaron
Team WTAworld
Mr. Try Too Hard

King Aaron has disabled reputation
Good luck against Galina today!
Old Jan 17th, 2006, 08:12 PM   #52
country flag Dementirilenko

Dementirilenko is a splendid one to behold Dementirilenko is a splendid one to behold Dementirilenko is a splendid one to behold Dementirilenko is a splendid one to behold Dementirilenko is a splendid one to behold Dementirilenko is a splendid one to behold Dementirilenko is a splendid one to behold Dementirilenko is a splendid one to behold Dementirilenko is a splendid one to behold Dementirilenko is a splendid one to behold Dementirilenko is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by KirilenkoRulz
Hey guys, sorry for all the posts I am trying to cut back. Thought you would find this interesting... Makiri came on the Russian site about 20 minutes ago. No big deal, except it is 0245 on Wednesday morning in Melbourne (1845 Tuesday night back home in Moscow) and her match starts say 1230 today. Wrote her a post wishing her good luck later today (udachi, actually closer to success later today Maria). She has now gone off, time for her to get some sleep...
Walt, you don't need to say sorry for all your postings. Your my best source when I am searching some news about Makiri!! Thanx for your work! I would like to help you for sure, but I don't have the time, cuz I am working the whole day, but you do definetly a great job! just go on this way.

Patty Schnyder, Anastasia Myskina
Marat Safin, Lleyton Hewitt, David Nalbandian

"I think I played well, I just finished at the wrong time."

Cellist at Kirilenko's Orchestra
Formerly known as "henner"
Dementirilenko is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17th, 2006, 09:05 PM   #53
country flag Andy.
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by KirilenkoRulz
Yeah no need to cut back at all your like one of the leaders hear and keep us up to date and informed. Anyhow good luck to Maria today this is a winnable match she just has to play her game and keep her cool.
Andy. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18th, 2006, 02:44 AM   #54

The first match has completed on Court 18 and at about 1330 Melbourne time Makiri should be on the court in warm-ups. Lindsay D has already won her second round match defeating Karolina Sprem 76(4) 63, so a Makiri win sets up her third rounder with Lindsay most likely on Friday. Galina Voskoboeva (GV) will be serving first. Here in the States, ESPN2 has decided to show college basketball right now, and will not be joining the Australian Open for another hour and a half, once again Makiri's US fans are shutout. Makiri enters this match at 4 wins - 2 losses in singles for 2006. Of the two who have beaten her Nadia P wins the first round match at 2 & 1, while Bepa Z got torched by Hingis at 1 & 2. Bepa was truly clueless in early exits at Sydney and Melbourne. Dulko also won in the first round, both halves of Team Dulkolenko in the second round.
Old Jan 18th, 2006, 02:52 AM   #55

Makiri opens the matched with an unforced error off the backhand, matched by a GV unforced error, Makiri wins the next two points for a 15-40 lead and wraps up the first game by winning the next point. Makiri breaks for 1-0 lead. Makiri serving, two unforced errors lead to a quick game lost at love, Makiri broken 1-1. GV serving, two Makiri lost points sandwiched around a double fault lead to a 30-15 lead for GV. GV double faults again but then wins the next point for a 40-30 lead. GV wins the next point, Makiri down 1-2 but on serve.
Old Jan 18th, 2006, 03:00 AM   #56

Makiri serving 4th game, opens with an unforced error, followed by a good shot by Makiri and then an ace for a 30-15 lead. Makiri then loses the next three point and is broken at 15, Makiri down 1-3, broken on both serves. GV serving game 5 opens by winning the first two points, the second with an ace. Another point for GV to 40-0 until Makiri wins a point, but GV closes out the game holding at 15. Makiri down at the court change-over 1-4. I have Makiri only winning three points in the last two games.
Old Jan 18th, 2006, 03:07 AM   #57

Makiri serving the 6th game, immediately loses the first two points, down 0-30. Then she rallies to win the next three points for 40-30, and closes it out with four straight points won! Makiri holds serve, down 2-4, but maybe momentum changing. I have the points at 12-19 against Makiri at this point. GV serviing 7th game - she double faults (third one as I recall) then hits two winners for a 30-15. GV wins on a good shot and goes up 40-15. Makiri wins a point then loses the game on the next point at 30, GV holds for 2-5 against Makiri.
Old Jan 18th, 2006, 03:19 AM   #58

Going into game 8, GV has 8 winners to Makiri's 3 and GV has forced Makiri into a lot of errors. Makiri serving, GV winner followed by 2 GV unforced errors and a Mikiri winner lead to a 40-15 for Makiri. A GV unforced error and Makiri holds at 15, down 3-5. Big ninth game on GV's serve. Makiri moves to a 15-40 lead on a GV unforced, a GV winner and another 2 GV unforced errors. Makiri makes an unforced error for 30-40, GV gets to duece, Makiri loses a point and facing set point, wins on a GV unforced error. Another GV unforced error and Makiri's ad.... come on Makiri... Makiri wins the point!!!! A break gets her back on serve at 4-5. Whew. Total points now at 25-28 against Makiri. But GV has 10 winners and 15 unforced errors, both for good and bad she seems to be setting the tone for the set.
Old Jan 18th, 2006, 03:25 AM   #59

Makiri serving 10th game, goes up quickly 30-0, come on GV keep those unforced errors coming... Makiri wins the third point for 40-0. Makiri wins at love for 5-5. One unforced error by GV, then three Makiri winners. GV serving Makiri wins the first point, and the second point... GV's parade of unforced errors stated back up, Makiri 0-30. Two winners in a row by GV get it to 30-30. Make that 3 GV winners in a row, Makiri down 40-30. GV wins the next point and Makiri down 5-6, on serve. Tough one, Makiri let's a 0-30 lead turn into a lost game at 30.
Old Jan 18th, 2006, 03:39 AM   #60

Makiri serving 12th game, GV starts with two unforced errors, but Makiri double faults, yikes. Makiri then goes up 40-15 with a winner. GV unforced gives Makiri a hold for 6-6. GV loses serve in the tie-break on a Makiri winner. Makiri holds both her serves on GV unforced errors for 3-0. GV serving gets broken on a double fault then wins a point on a Makiri unforced error. Makiri serving up 4-1 in the tiebreaker. A GV unforced error and a Makiri winner and it is 6-1 Makiri! First set to Makiri 76(1).

First set stats - Makiri 65% first serve percentage, two double faults, 7 winners and 10 unforced errors. Points 42-34 for Makiri. First set took 50 minutes. All that needs to be said about GV - 11 winners and 24 unforced errors. GV was clearly going for it and missed more often than not. Nearly 2 points per game on unforced errors. Another key, Makiri has a good first serve % and won 77% of her first serves. Seems to be taking a long time to get the second set going....