Melbourne, Australia - 2006 Australian Open - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 13th, 2006, 09:10 PM   #16
country flag Andy.
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute
She is a hard hitter but not a very good mover at all not the fittest looking player.
Andy. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 14th, 2006, 08:33 AM   #17
country flag @m@nd@

@m@nd@ has a reputation beyond repute @m@nd@ has a reputation beyond repute @m@nd@ has a reputation beyond repute @m@nd@ has a reputation beyond repute @m@nd@ has a reputation beyond repute @m@nd@ has a reputation beyond repute @m@nd@ has a reputation beyond repute @m@nd@ has a reputation beyond repute @m@nd@ has a reputation beyond repute @m@nd@ has a reputation beyond repute @m@nd@ has a reputation beyond repute
good luck maria! not an easy 1r...evgenia is a tough opponent but im pretty confident that maria can beat her.
@m@nd@ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14th, 2006, 02:40 PM   #18
country flag KirilenkoRulz

KirilenkoRulz has much to be proud of KirilenkoRulz has much to be proud of KirilenkoRulz has much to be proud of KirilenkoRulz has much to be proud of KirilenkoRulz has much to be proud of KirilenkoRulz has much to be proud of KirilenkoRulz has much to be proud of KirilenkoRulz has much to be proud of KirilenkoRulz has much to be proud of KirilenkoRulz has much to be proud of KirilenkoRulz has much to be proud of
Monday's Australian Open schedule posted - Makiri will be the second match on Court 7 on 16 January, with the first match starting 1100 Melbourne time (roughly 33 hours from now as I write this). Udachi, Makiri! Doubles draw still not posted. No doubt Makiri will have a practice session at the complex later today, if anyone is there for the Qualifiers and you see her, an "on the scene" report would be great.
KirilenkoRulz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14th, 2006, 03:35 PM   #19
country flag Dementirilenko

Dementirilenko is a splendid one to behold Dementirilenko is a splendid one to behold Dementirilenko is a splendid one to behold Dementirilenko is a splendid one to behold Dementirilenko is a splendid one to behold Dementirilenko is a splendid one to behold Dementirilenko is a splendid one to behold Dementirilenko is a splendid one to behold Dementirilenko is a splendid one to behold Dementirilenko is a splendid one to behold Dementirilenko is a splendid one to behold
Damn, I can't watch Makiri's matches due to my work. Can't support her! I hope the Tv in Germany will show a kinda summary of the matches of the day in the evening.

Patty Schnyder, Anastasia Myskina
Marat Safin, Lleyton Hewitt, David Nalbandian

"I think I played well, I just finished at the wrong time."

Cellist at Kirilenko's Orchestra
Formerly known as "henner"
Dementirilenko is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14th, 2006, 03:41 PM   #20

KirilenkoRulz has much to be proud of KirilenkoRulz has much to be proud of KirilenkoRulz has much to be proud of KirilenkoRulz has much to be proud of KirilenkoRulz has much to be proud of KirilenkoRulz has much to be proud of KirilenkoRulz has much to be proud of KirilenkoRulz has much to be proud of KirilenkoRulz has much to be proud of KirilenkoRulz has much to be proud of KirilenkoRulz has much to be proud of
The world is starting to "discover" Makiri, I hope all the attention does not change her. She is very special just the way she is. From "The Age" of Australia. Full article includes a photo of Big Masha arriving at Melbourne airport:

http://www.theage.com.au/news/tennis...119006893.html

Tennis girls get fit (and rich) for fashion
January 15, 2006

Rachel Wells reports.

TIGHT pink shorts, colourful Lycra, bicep-baring tanks. Mardi gras, right? Wrong. We're talking about tennis — sexy tennis.

The game of fashion in tennis has come a long way since the days of white-collared polos and pleated skirts. And where better than Melbourne — fashion capital of Australia — for the stars of this year's Open to get their gear on in a battle of brands, off the court and on.

The on-court fashion stakes are so fiercely contested that adidas has enlisted London's Stella McCartney to design a collection of tennis apparel. The range will be launched in Melbourne this afternoon by 25th-ranked Russian tennis beauty Maria Kirilenko, who will wear the colourful collection of sexy tennis dresses, jumpsuits, tanks and shorts throughout the Australian Open and beyond.
Old Jan 14th, 2006, 05:30 PM   #21
country flag King Aaron
Team WTAworld
Mr. Try Too Hard

King Aaron has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by KirilenkoRulz
The world is starting to "discover" Makiri, I hope all the attention does not change her. She is very special just the way she is. From "The Age" of Australia. Full article includes a photo of Big Masha arriving at Melbourne airport:

http://www.theage.com.au/news/tennis...119006893.html

Tennis girls get fit (and rich) for fashion
January 15, 2006

Rachel Wells reports.

TIGHT pink shorts, colourful Lycra, bicep-baring tanks. Mardi gras, right? Wrong. We're talking about tennis — sexy tennis.

The game of fashion in tennis has come a long way since the days of white-collared polos and pleated skirts. And where better than Melbourne — fashion capital of Australia — for the stars of this year's Open to get their gear on in a battle of brands, off the court and on.

The on-court fashion stakes are so fiercely contested that adidas has enlisted London's Stella McCartney to design a collection of tennis apparel. The range will be launched in Melbourne this afternoon by 25th-ranked Russian tennis beauty Maria Kirilenko, who will wear the colourful collection of sexy tennis dresses, jumpsuits, tanks and shorts throughout the Australian Open and beyond.
A fashion line that will be mainly focused on Maria? I know this isn't her very own line but asking Maria to launch the line shows how highly they rate her. I think she'll look amazing.

Now I understand why Maria hasn't been wearing anything new in Auckland and Sydney.
Old Jan 14th, 2006, 08:47 PM   #22
country flag Andy.
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute
It looks like a good move going to Adidas then
Andy. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15th, 2006, 01:06 AM   #23
country flag houseoflords

houseoflords has much to be proud of houseoflords has much to be proud of houseoflords has much to be proud of houseoflords has much to be proud of houseoflords has much to be proud of houseoflords has much to be proud of houseoflords has much to be proud of houseoflords has much to be proud of houseoflords has much to be proud of houseoflords has much to be proud of houseoflords has much to be proud of
Linestskya is not an easy opponent. I watched her win a two years ago at the GHI Bronx Classic. She has very good groundstrokes and likes to paint the lines. She isn't a great mover so Maria needs to move her around the court. Masha needs to be on her game. She plays her game, she wins. Good luck Masha!!
Maria Kirilenko #1 Magical Masha
Official Timpani Player in Kirilenko's Orchestra
Dominika Dynamo Domi
Caroline
Steph Cornish
Tati, Madison, Amanda C, Cory Ann, Gisela, Agnes, Sorana, Aurelija, A. Baker, Peer, Paszek, Ivanovic, Gail B, Ch. Gull., Krajicek, Larsson, Dokic, Nooni, Bibi, Jade, Andrea H, Nicole V, Kristen Schl.,Yvette, Megan A., Cecil, Sesil,Herz, Olivia R
houseoflords is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15th, 2006, 08:00 AM   #24
country flag Keraj

Keraj is a splendid one to behold Keraj is a splendid one to behold Keraj is a splendid one to behold Keraj is a splendid one to behold Keraj is a splendid one to behold Keraj is a splendid one to behold Keraj is a splendid one to behold Keraj is a splendid one to behold Keraj is a splendid one to behold Keraj is a splendid one to behold Keraj is a splendid one to behold
Yeah, Linetskaya can play very well, but her results lately are catastrophic... so Masha should be too good for her.

Lets hope that fashion show, didn`t distract her too much
Keraj is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15th, 2006, 09:39 AM   #25
country flag Dementirilenko

Dementirilenko is a splendid one to behold Dementirilenko is a splendid one to behold Dementirilenko is a splendid one to behold Dementirilenko is a splendid one to behold Dementirilenko is a splendid one to behold Dementirilenko is a splendid one to behold Dementirilenko is a splendid one to behold Dementirilenko is a splendid one to behold Dementirilenko is a splendid one to behold Dementirilenko is a splendid one to behold Dementirilenko is a splendid one to behold
I agree, she wss named to one of the rising stars at the beginning of the last season, but she couldn't underline this statements with good results. Ok, she has beaten Mauresmo at Indian Wells I think, but I didn't hear something about her during the last months. I only saw her a couple of times playing, and what I can say is the same as houseoflords says. She plays powerful Tennis, but isn't a great mover. Good Luck Makiri!!

Patty Schnyder, Anastasia Myskina
Marat Safin, Lleyton Hewitt, David Nalbandian

"I think I played well, I just finished at the wrong time."

Cellist at Kirilenko's Orchestra
Formerly known as "henner"
Dementirilenko is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15th, 2006, 03:34 PM   #26
country flag King Aaron
Team WTAworld
Mr. Try Too Hard

King Aaron has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyMashaFan
It looks like a good move going to Adidas then
I've never really liked Nike, so when she changed to adidas I was really glad. Besides, Nike already has Serena, Dani and Maria S. so it was definitely a smart move.

About Evgenia, I think she's also been a victim of an abusive dad and she did get injured I think last year after her win over Amelie. Maria though should beat her no matter what. Be on your game and win tomorrow Masha!
Old Jan 15th, 2006, 07:26 PM   #27

Doubles draw finally posted. Team Dulkolenko once again scheduled to make its first appearance of 2006. They are the #10 seed. With 64 teams playing doubles, there will be six rounds, here is Team Dulkolenko's bracket for the first two rounds, they are the seeded team in this bracket:

Gisela Dulko ARG (10)/Maria Kirilenko RUS (10)
vs.
Dally Randriantefy MAD/Anna Smashnova ISR

Monique Adamczak AUS/Christina Horiatopoulos AUS
vs.
Lisa McShea AUS/Bryanne Stewart AUS
Old Jan 16th, 2006, 02:41 AM   #28

Makiri's match against Linetskaya has started. Makiri broke in the first game at 30; held serve at 40; then broke at love for a 3-0 lead in the first set. Linetskaya has just broken back at love, 3-1. Makiri just broke back to go up 4-1. Makiri one ace, two double faults and 9 unforced errors, 6 winners. Linetskaya 5 double faults, no aces and 10 unforced errors, and zero winners.
Old Jan 16th, 2006, 02:49 AM   #29

Makiri holds service (yippee!!!) in a long game, gets her second ace. Double faults and unforced errors slowing down. Makiri 15 first serves in on 22 serves, a nice 70%! Makiri breaks in an 8 point duece game and wins the first set 6-1. She seems to be very much in control. First set she had 68% first serve %, two double faults and has really cut back on the unforced errors the past few games, ending with 11. Seven winners a points total of 28-16, good stuff. Makiri will serve to open the second set - not a real advantage in the first set with two holds (both for Makiri) and 5 breaks.
Old Jan 16th, 2006, 02:49 AM   #30
country flag Derek.
Two and counting.

Derek. has a reputation beyond repute Derek. has a reputation beyond repute Derek. has a reputation beyond repute Derek. has a reputation beyond repute Derek. has a reputation beyond repute Derek. has a reputation beyond repute Derek. has a reputation beyond repute Derek. has a reputation beyond repute Derek. has a reputation beyond repute Derek. has a reputation beyond repute Derek. has a reputation beyond repute
6-1
Derek. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote