Did anyone read that great Seles article in the USTA magazine? - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 6th, 2002, 08:28 PM   #1
Dawn Marie

Dawn Marie has a reputation beyond repute Dawn Marie has a reputation beyond repute Dawn Marie has a reputation beyond repute Dawn Marie has a reputation beyond repute Dawn Marie has a reputation beyond repute Dawn Marie has a reputation beyond repute Dawn Marie has a reputation beyond repute Dawn Marie has a reputation beyond repute Dawn Marie has a reputation beyond repute Dawn Marie has a reputation beyond repute Dawn Marie has a reputation beyond repute
Did anyone read that great Seles article in the USTA magazine?

All Seles fans should read this article, I found it very uplifting,and I especially liked the part about her feelings about her father.

Here is an excerpt: "whenever Monica talks about her father, I listen intently, trying to absorb what she means," Sell says. "For one thing, I think it comforts her. Also by incorporating some of his drills he used in her practics, it's like a part of her father is there." It also talks about how Seles insist that nobody knows her game like her father. But now she is more willing to communicate with other coaches, and learn to be more open.

One more Exceprt: Here's a thought, straight out of Armchair Psychology 101: Winning a grandslam tournament under the wing of any coach other than Karolj Seles probably would represent some sort of closure for Monica. But perhaps, until now, she has not been quite ready to accept closure-not unless it could be achieved with some lingering sense of Karolj's presence, his indispensability. Perhaps Sell's skillful incorporation of Karolj's methodology will prove to be the final, missing piece of the puzzle for Monica. Perhaps she is truley ready to move on-and up again.

I really like the article, sorry I can't find it to Copy and paste.

GO MONICA!
Only then will you find that money cannot be eaten. "Cree Native American Prophecy"
Dawn Marie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 6th, 2002, 08:37 PM   #2
JM

JM is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up

Thank You, so much! You certainly don't need to be a Seles Fan, to truly wish the girl gets some closure!
JM is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2002, 09:26 PM   #3
country flag Monica_Rules

Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up

Thanx for the info!

Naomi Broady, Tara Moore, Heather Watson , Laura Robson

Johanna Konta, Eleanor Dean
, Sam Murray
Katy Dunne Katie Boulter
Monica_Rules is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2002, 10:18 PM   #4
Noaces

Noaces is an unknown quantity at this point

Last edited by Noaces : May 6th, 2002 at 10:31 PM.
Noaces is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2002, 10:22 PM   #5
country flag wongqks
Team WTAworld

wongqks has much to be proud of wongqks has much to be proud of wongqks has much to be proud of wongqks has much to be proud of wongqks has much to be proud of wongqks has much to be proud of wongqks has much to be proud of wongqks has much to be proud of wongqks has much to be proud of wongqks has much to be proud of wongqks has much to be proud of
It is unfortuneate about Paul Pierce, but does that have anything whatsoever to do with Monica incident. I am not going ot repeat again what the whole story is and the whole judical system bla bla bla but then you have to live with the fact that if Monica want closure, she meant it
wongqks is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2002, 10:36 PM   #6
Dawn Marie

Dawn Marie has a reputation beyond repute Dawn Marie has a reputation beyond repute Dawn Marie has a reputation beyond repute Dawn Marie has a reputation beyond repute Dawn Marie has a reputation beyond repute Dawn Marie has a reputation beyond repute Dawn Marie has a reputation beyond repute Dawn Marie has a reputation beyond repute Dawn Marie has a reputation beyond repute Dawn Marie has a reputation beyond repute Dawn Marie has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up

Noaces you missed the point entirely, this is not about the stabbing at all. Sheesh enough about that.. lol This is about Monica the women. A sensitive and passionate women who loves her father and tennis dearly.

The article also has some Billie Jean quotes, all positive about Monica. I think these two are really close. I wish someone could copy and paste or find this on the website and post it here, as I don't think everyone gets the USTA magazine.
Only then will you find that money cannot be eaten. "Cree Native American Prophecy"
Dawn Marie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2002, 01:36 AM   #7
country flag ktwtennis

ktwtennis is a name known to all ktwtennis is a name known to all ktwtennis is a name known to all ktwtennis is a name known to all ktwtennis is a name known to all ktwtennis is a name known to all ktwtennis is a name known to all ktwtennis is a name known to all ktwtennis is a name known to all ktwtennis is a name known to all ktwtennis is a name known to all
I have the article, but no scanner and I don't want to type it. Anyone know another way to post easily?
ktwtennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2002, 04:16 AM   #8
country flag Mon's boy

Mon's boy is just really nice Mon's boy is just really nice Mon's boy is just really nice Mon's boy is just really nice Mon's boy is just really nice Mon's boy is just really nice Mon's boy is just really nice Mon's boy is just really nice Mon's boy is just really nice Mon's boy is just really nice Mon's boy is just really nice
thank u dawn so much for the lil excerpt.......sounds very good

can some1 plzzzzzzz post the whole thing?
Mon's boy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote