The Meaning Of Life...? - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Nov 12th, 2001, 06:09 AM   #1
heyman

heyman is an unknown quantity at this point
Question The Meaning Of Life...?

I think the meaning of life is all about procreation... everything we do increases our chances of doing so.

Finishing school to get us into college/university, finishing college/university gets us a degree, a degree means a good job, a good job means good money, hence procreation is achieved....then the cycle begins again...

Any thoughts?
heyman is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 12th, 2001, 06:20 AM   #2
country flag per4ever
Team WTAworld

per4ever has much to be proud of per4ever has much to be proud of per4ever has much to be proud of per4ever has much to be proud of per4ever has much to be proud of per4ever has much to be proud of per4ever has much to be proud of per4ever has much to be proud of per4ever has much to be proud of per4ever has much to be proud of per4ever has much to be proud of
Well what a post to start with Heyman...

I think the meaning of life is very personnal...everyone has to decide for itself what they want to reach in life. For example not all people will go to Uni after secondary.<br />But what we are doing here? I don't know, but I'll sure make the best of it.
per4ever is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20th, 2002, 01:58 PM   #3
TennisToriTerrificTwosome

TennisToriTerrificTwosome has a little shameless behaviour in the past
But what if we stop procreating?
Old Apr 20th, 2002, 02:03 PM   #4
country flag veryborednow
Team WTAworld

veryborednow has a brilliant future veryborednow has a brilliant future veryborednow has a brilliant future veryborednow has a brilliant future veryborednow has a brilliant future veryborednow has a brilliant future veryborednow has a brilliant future veryborednow has a brilliant future veryborednow has a brilliant future veryborednow has a brilliant future veryborednow has a brilliant future
Old Apr 20th, 2002, 03:07 PM   #5
country flag SM

SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute
so ur saying the meaning of life is what is genetically inherent and programmed within us?? procreation ?...well u can also add to that very superficial level eating , shitting , drinking , dieing etc cos its all part of the predetermined cycle!...and its all unavoidable to go thru that for most ppl :P

i dont think is a general meaning to life as its such a complicated mess of things..as long as u try to be productive and enjoy what ur doing u define your own meaning within life

Last edited by SM : Apr 20th, 2002 at 03:12 PM.
SM is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20th, 2002, 03:45 PM   #6
country flag Sam L
Sunset, Moonrise, Winter

Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute
Meaning of life? Well relationships and finding your soulmate maybe, but certainly not procreation. I mean there are 6 billion people in the world you do realise! Let's firstly work on feeding hungry mouths, protecting the neglected, elderly, achieving social/economic equality and last but not least environmental protection.
Sam L is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20th, 2002, 04:03 PM   #7
country flag SM

SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute
Umm sam id say theyre more fair and equitable 'goals' rather than any actual 'meaning' to life
Old Apr 23rd, 2002, 10:25 AM   #8
country flag Oizo
Everything Fades Away

Oizo has a reputation beyond repute Oizo has a reputation beyond repute Oizo has a reputation beyond repute Oizo has a reputation beyond repute Oizo has a reputation beyond repute Oizo has a reputation beyond repute Oizo has a reputation beyond repute Oizo has a reputation beyond repute Oizo has a reputation beyond repute Oizo has a reputation beyond repute Oizo has a reputation beyond repute
To achieve happiness!
Oizo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15th, 2007, 01:56 AM   #9
country flag AaronAgassi

AaronAgassi is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: The Meaning Of Life...?

http://www.FoolQuest.com and click the "EXPLANATION" link
AaronAgassi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15th, 2007, 05:07 AM   #10
country flag venus_rulez
Keepin That Tutty Fresh!

venus_rulez has a reputation beyond repute venus_rulez has a reputation beyond repute venus_rulez has a reputation beyond repute venus_rulez has a reputation beyond repute venus_rulez has a reputation beyond repute venus_rulez has a reputation beyond repute venus_rulez has a reputation beyond repute venus_rulez has a reputation beyond repute venus_rulez has a reputation beyond repute venus_rulez has a reputation beyond repute venus_rulez has a reputation beyond repute

I think the meaning of life is to leave a mark on the world long after you're gone. Some do it on a huge scale and they might become President of a country, or a teacher, or something of that nature, but I think affecting people on an individual level is so often overlooked and taken for granted.

I'm in Australia right now, my first time out of the United States, and I was casually thinking, as I have many times before, what's the point of all this? Why am I here? Why am I taking pictures? Why do I want to buy that DVD? etc. when at some point it'll just be something people throw away when they clean out my apartment because I've died.

And then a nice quiet voice I like to call God very softly said, it's for other people. My memories will leave me once I'm gone, but telling someone else about my trip and the circumstances around it, might motivate them to take a trip to somewhere they've always wanted to go. Those pictures might make someone realize that there's beauty in a variety of places. Or hell, it might just make someone smile for a few moments and make them forget about whatever it is they're going through.

We're all going to die one day and therefore lose our ability to "make things happen" but that doesn't mean that what we do, how we lived, and why we did the things we did, will not still be here long after we're gone.

I GOT 5 ON IT!!!!! VENUS WILLIAMS 5 TIME WIMBLEDON CHAMPION!!!!!

Last edited by venus_rulez : Oct 15th, 2007 at 05:13 AM.
venus_rulez is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15th, 2007, 05:14 AM   #11
country flag Expat

Expat has a reputation beyond repute Expat has a reputation beyond repute Expat has a reputation beyond repute Expat has a reputation beyond repute Expat has a reputation beyond repute Expat has a reputation beyond repute Expat has a reputation beyond repute Expat has a reputation beyond repute Expat has a reputation beyond repute Expat has a reputation beyond repute Expat has a reputation beyond repute

copied from somewhere else
life in 3 words : it goes on
Old Oct 15th, 2007, 03:09 PM   #12
country flag AaronAgassi

AaronAgassi is an unknown quantity at this point

Does anyone actually ever read and answer or comment upon anyone else's posts? Now, perhaps that has something to to with meaningful life or the failure thereof.
AaronAgassi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15th, 2007, 09:17 PM   #13
country flag venus_rulez
Keepin That Tutty Fresh!

venus_rulez has a reputation beyond repute venus_rulez has a reputation beyond repute venus_rulez has a reputation beyond repute venus_rulez has a reputation beyond repute venus_rulez has a reputation beyond repute venus_rulez has a reputation beyond repute venus_rulez has a reputation beyond repute venus_rulez has a reputation beyond repute venus_rulez has a reputation beyond repute venus_rulez has a reputation beyond repute venus_rulez has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronAgassi View Post
Does anyone actually ever read and answer or comment upon anyone else's posts? Now, perhaps that has something to to with meaningful life or the failure thereof.
I read everyone's posts before responding. Maybe the beauty of life is that no one's really said the same answer in this thread and there are a variety of responses. I think that is beauty. It's amazing that people can ponder the same question, or watch the same movie, or look at the same piece of art, and come to different conclusions about it's meaning.

I GOT 5 ON IT!!!!! VENUS WILLIAMS 5 TIME WIMBLEDON CHAMPION!!!!!
venus_rulez is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15th, 2007, 09:31 PM   #14
Dawn Marie

Dawn Marie has a reputation beyond repute Dawn Marie has a reputation beyond repute Dawn Marie has a reputation beyond repute Dawn Marie has a reputation beyond repute Dawn Marie has a reputation beyond repute Dawn Marie has a reputation beyond repute Dawn Marie has a reputation beyond repute Dawn Marie has a reputation beyond repute Dawn Marie has a reputation beyond repute Dawn Marie has a reputation beyond repute Dawn Marie has a reputation beyond repute

I think the meaning of life...

Is to be the best person that you can possibly be. To give back to people and other life creatures. The meaning of life is to touch someone elses heart with kindness. Were all going to die one day but if we live to be good people and give something of our selves to others then even after were dead physically were also still alive in someone elses heart and soul.
Only then will you find that money cannot be eaten. "Cree Native American Prophecy"
Dawn Marie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15th, 2007, 10:11 PM   #15
moon

moon has a reputation beyond repute moon has a reputation beyond repute moon has a reputation beyond repute moon has a reputation beyond repute moon has a reputation beyond repute moon has a reputation beyond repute moon has a reputation beyond repute moon has a reputation beyond repute moon has a reputation beyond repute moon has a reputation beyond repute moon has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyman View Post
I think the meaning of life is all about procreation... everything we do increases our chances of doing so.

Finishing school to get us into college/university, finishing college/university gets us a degree, a degree means a good job, a good job means good money, hence procreation is achieved....then the cycle begins again...

Any thoughts?
what if we can't procreate? should we just slit our wrists?