What happens if two teams have equal amount of wins? - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 3rd, 2006, 06:57 AM   #1
country flag ivanovic

ivanovic has much to be proud of ivanovic has much to be proud of ivanovic has much to be proud of ivanovic has much to be proud of ivanovic has much to be proud of ivanovic has much to be proud of ivanovic has much to be proud of ivanovic has much to be proud of ivanovic has much to be proud of ivanovic has much to be proud of ivanovic has much to be proud of
What happens if two teams have equal amount of wins?

I was just thinking - that even if USA bts Sweden 2-1
SCG can still have a chance of making the final - if they beat Russia 3-0.

That would mean that SCG and USA will have 6 wins each - so how do they determine who wins from this group??
ivanovic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 3rd, 2006, 07:07 AM   #2
country flag Dan23

Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanovic
I was just thinking - that even if USA bts Sweden 2-1
SCG can still have a chance of making the final - if they beat Russia 3-0.

That would mean that SCG and USA will have 6 wins each - so how do they determine who wins from this group??
theyll count sets
pavlyuchenkova

Dan23 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3rd, 2006, 07:09 AM   #3
country flag ZAK

ZAK has a brilliant future ZAK has a brilliant future ZAK has a brilliant future ZAK has a brilliant future ZAK has a brilliant future ZAK has a brilliant future ZAK has a brilliant future ZAK has a brilliant future ZAK has a brilliant future ZAK has a brilliant future ZAK has a brilliant future
Really? You'd think itd be head to head, but I guess not
Old Jan 3rd, 2006, 07:55 AM   #4
country flag ivanovic

ivanovic has much to be proud of ivanovic has much to be proud of ivanovic has much to be proud of ivanovic has much to be proud of ivanovic has much to be proud of ivanovic has much to be proud of ivanovic has much to be proud of ivanovic has much to be proud of ivanovic has much to be proud of ivanovic has much to be proud of ivanovic has much to be proud of
oh what - counting sets - that's so stupid - NO I wonna a rematch.
Old Jan 3rd, 2006, 08:13 AM   #5
country flag SilK

SilK has a reputation beyond repute SilK has a reputation beyond repute SilK has a reputation beyond repute SilK has a reputation beyond repute SilK has a reputation beyond repute SilK has a reputation beyond repute SilK has a reputation beyond repute SilK has a reputation beyond repute SilK has a reputation beyond repute SilK has a reputation beyond repute SilK has a reputation beyond repute
I think they won't count sets.
I think the result between SCG and USA will count. Whoever won that match, will go through to the final.
SilK is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3rd, 2006, 09:33 AM   #6
country flag Gerben

Gerben has much to be proud of Gerben has much to be proud of Gerben has much to be proud of Gerben has much to be proud of Gerben has much to be proud of Gerben has much to be proud of Gerben has much to be proud of Gerben has much to be proud of Gerben has much to be proud of Gerben has much to be proud of Gerben has much to be proud of
According to the rules they then will count sets (won/lost) then games (won/lost) and if that's all equal, they use the head to head result.

Tashkent 2005, Hobart 2006, Rosmalen 2006
Palermo 2006, Budapest 2006, Rosmalen 2008
Gerben is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3rd, 2006, 10:41 AM   #7
country flag KimC&MariaSNo1's

KimC&MariaSNo1's has a reputation beyond repute KimC&MariaSNo1's has a reputation beyond repute KimC&MariaSNo1's has a reputation beyond repute KimC&MariaSNo1's has a reputation beyond repute KimC&MariaSNo1's has a reputation beyond repute KimC&MariaSNo1's has a reputation beyond repute KimC&MariaSNo1's has a reputation beyond repute KimC&MariaSNo1's has a reputation beyond repute KimC&MariaSNo1's has a reputation beyond repute KimC&MariaSNo1's has a reputation beyond repute KimC&MariaSNo1's has a reputation beyond repute
firstly if USA win against sweden they have assured themself a spot in the final cause they have won 3 ties and lost 0 serbia need to hope that sweden beat USA and tey beat Russia 3/0 or they dont have a real chance in making final
KimC&MariaSNo1's is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3rd, 2006, 10:53 AM   #8
country flag ivanovic

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimC&MariaSNo1's
firstly if USA win against sweden they have assured themself a spot in the final cause they have won 3 ties and lost 0 serbia need to hope that sweden beat USA and tey beat Russia 3/0 or they dont have a real chance in making final
No.
The ties themselves dont count - THE TEAM THAT HAS THE MOST WINNS (singles & mixed) goes through.
That is why the commentators are constantly stressing the importance of winning mixed EVEN if a country leads 2-0.
Who ever has the most rubbers won goes through.
I'm positive SCG can bt Russia 3-0.

BUT- I just hope Sofia Arvidsson has it in her to beat Raymond.
coz I think Johansson just might get over Dent.
Old Jan 3rd, 2006, 10:57 AM   #9

KimC&MariaSNo1's has a reputation beyond repute KimC&MariaSNo1's has a reputation beyond repute KimC&MariaSNo1's has a reputation beyond repute KimC&MariaSNo1's has a reputation beyond repute KimC&MariaSNo1's has a reputation beyond repute KimC&MariaSNo1's has a reputation beyond repute KimC&MariaSNo1's has a reputation beyond repute KimC&MariaSNo1's has a reputation beyond repute KimC&MariaSNo1's has a reputation beyond repute KimC&MariaSNo1's has a reputation beyond repute KimC&MariaSNo1's has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanovic
No.
The ties themselves dont count - THE TEAM THAT HAS THE MOST WINNS (singles & mixed) goes through.
That is why the commentators are constantly stressing the importance of winning mixed EVEN if a country leads 2-0.
Who ever has the most rubbers won goes through.
I'm positive SCG can bt Russia 3-0.

BUT- I just hope Sofia Arvidsson has it in her to beat Raymond.
coz I think Johansson just might get over Dent.
they have changed the rules this year for a few things it looks like thanx for clearing that up.
Old Jan 3rd, 2006, 10:59 AM   #10
country flag Gerben

Gerben has much to be proud of Gerben has much to be proud of Gerben has much to be proud of Gerben has much to be proud of Gerben has much to be proud of Gerben has much to be proud of Gerben has much to be proud of Gerben has much to be proud of Gerben has much to be proud of Gerben has much to be proud of Gerben has much to be proud of
Rules are stated here: http://media.hopmancup.com.au/default.aspx?id=4045
As I read it, ties do count first. But maybe I misunderstand it.

Tashkent 2005, Hobart 2006, Rosmalen 2006
Palermo 2006, Budapest 2006, Rosmalen 2008
Gerben is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3rd, 2006, 11:01 AM   #11
country flag ivanovic

So which lady will wear the dimonds on Friday.
Its between Lisa, Misa and Anna-Lina.
Unfortunately - I better face the fact that Ana wont get 'em this year.
oh she would just sparkle in 'em so much - so sad.

I want Misa do get them - coz Germany and Netherlands are my favourite team after SCG. I think Misa and ALG would really enjoy them - coz they're so young and they'll probably extract them from the ball and make some serious bling bling neckless - i just dont want 'em decorating Lisas old wrinkly butt - she'd probably sell 'em and boost her retirement pension - so I'm glad Misa or Anna-Leena would get them.
Ana will next year if we're invited.
Old Jan 3rd, 2006, 11:04 AM   #12

ana still has chance at final if they beat russia 3/0 and Sweden beat USA 2/1 or 3/0
Old Jan 3rd, 2006, 11:07 AM   #13
country flag ivanovic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerben
According to the rules they then will count sets (won/lost) then games (won/lost) and if that's all equal, they use the head to head result.
thanks for posting that link - i didnt know the prize money was that high.
well i think its sad that they have to get to as low as counting games won by teams.
Old Jan 3rd, 2006, 11:10 AM   #14

i think ana and novak will be in the final on friday aslong as they both play good tennis
Old Jan 3rd, 2006, 11:11 AM   #15
country flag ivanovic

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimC&MariaSNo1's
ana still has chance at final if they beat russia 3/0 and Sweden beat USA 2/1 or 3/0
Ahh - if you're an Ana fan its better that you just accept the faith now - coz it hurts less come Friday. LOL
SCG is out - coz I just dont see Arvidsson beating raymond - I mean she can definetly but she just wont have the will power after getting thrashed by Kuzzy tomorrow night.
but miracles do happen - and SCG fans have been shouting "Pomozi Boze" at every SCG match so - it mean "Help us God" LOL