Music Albums In Heavy Rotation/New Albums - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 3rd, 2006, 05:37 AM   #1
country flag aNYthing

aNYthing has a reputation beyond repute aNYthing has a reputation beyond repute aNYthing has a reputation beyond repute aNYthing has a reputation beyond repute aNYthing has a reputation beyond repute aNYthing has a reputation beyond repute aNYthing has a reputation beyond repute aNYthing has a reputation beyond repute aNYthing has a reputation beyond repute aNYthing has a reputation beyond repute aNYthing has a reputation beyond repute
Music Albums In Heavy Rotation/New Albums

I'll start...

The latest album's I have picked up are:

Keyshia Cole: The Way It Is

Rating: 9/10

I really liked this album. I was able to listen through this cd without skipping a song as soon as I bought it. She has pumping vocals, and is relatable, overall it was a good album.

Chris Brown: Chris Brown

Rating: 8/10

I had to listen to this album a couple of times before I actually liked it. My favourite songs right now are "Yo (excuse me miss), young love, and Is this love. I wouldn't normally go out and buy this type of cd, but I got it for a gift, and gave it a chance. It was not bad, but some of the songs become repetitive.

Last edited by aNYthing : Nov 6th, 2008 at 02:52 AM.
aNYthing is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 5th, 2006, 06:37 AM   #2
country flag aNYthing

aNYthing has a reputation beyond repute aNYthing has a reputation beyond repute aNYthing has a reputation beyond repute aNYthing has a reputation beyond repute aNYthing has a reputation beyond repute aNYthing has a reputation beyond repute aNYthing has a reputation beyond repute aNYthing has a reputation beyond repute aNYthing has a reputation beyond repute aNYthing has a reputation beyond repute aNYthing has a reputation beyond repute
Alicia Keys: Unplugged

If you're an Alicia Keys fan, this is a must have. When she sings live, she gives me goosebumps. This album has a couple of new renditions including "If I was your woman". My favourite song is "stolen moments". It's a definite, good buy.
Old Jan 5th, 2006, 06:40 AM   #3
country flag aNYthing

Missy Elliott: The Cookbook

Rating: 5/10

This album was kind of boring for me. There were only a few good songs in my opinion. Everything was bad lyrics wise. None of the songs can come close to her other hits. The work on this album does not seem like quality work for Missy Elliott standards.
Old Jan 5th, 2006, 06:42 AM   #4
country flag aNYthing

I also got

Omarion: O

I would rate that 4/10.

Touch is the only real good song. Aside from that, he just doesn't sing well on this album.
Old Jan 5th, 2006, 06:59 AM   #5
country flag SilK

SilK has a reputation beyond repute SilK has a reputation beyond repute SilK has a reputation beyond repute SilK has a reputation beyond repute SilK has a reputation beyond repute SilK has a reputation beyond repute SilK has a reputation beyond repute SilK has a reputation beyond repute SilK has a reputation beyond repute SilK has a reputation beyond repute SilK has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by jahrim
Chris Brown: Chris Brown

I had to listen to this album a couple of times before I actually liked it. My favourite songs right now are "Yo (excuse me miss), young love, and Is this love. I wouldn't normally go out and buy this type of cd, but I got it for a gift, and gave it a chance. It was not bad, but some of the songs become repetitive.
This is my last album as well. I'd give it a 8/10 as well. Though I think his 'speech' on some of the songs is annoying. He seems to swallow some words. The album is nothing special, but easy to listen to, and fun. It's an 'OK' first effort for young Mr. Brown.
SilK is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5th, 2006, 07:14 AM   #6
country flag Hayato

Hayato has a reputation beyond repute Hayato has a reputation beyond repute Hayato has a reputation beyond repute Hayato has a reputation beyond repute Hayato has a reputation beyond repute Hayato has a reputation beyond repute Hayato has a reputation beyond repute Hayato has a reputation beyond repute Hayato has a reputation beyond repute Hayato has a reputation beyond repute Hayato has a reputation beyond repute
SHAKIRA: Oral Fixation Vol. 2

My Rating: 7.5/10

Brilliant and clever lyrics especially on Illegal, How Do You Do and Timor. The first 5 songs on the album are the best. I think some of the songs are lacking that 'umph' that Shakira has in her native tongue. I think I prefer Oral Fijacion Vol 1. more (which I give 8.5/10) but this one is still a good album with not much to complain about.
Hayato is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5th, 2006, 04:40 PM   #7
country flag aNYthing

I always wondered how the Shakira album was. But it seemed like too much of a risky buy...
Old Jan 5th, 2006, 04:43 PM   #8
country flag aNYthing

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilK
This is my last album as well. I'd give it a 8/10 as well. Though I think his 'speech' on some of the songs is annoying. He seems to swallow some words. The album is nothing special, but easy to listen to, and fun. It's an 'OK' first effort for young Mr. Brown.
I found the exact same thing. In most of his songs, he would slur a sentance together, and you can't really understand what he is saying.
Old Jan 8th, 2006, 05:15 PM   #9
country flag aNYthing

Amerie: Touch

8/10 - If you feel the whole "Go-Go" style of music, you should get this album. One of my fav albums of 05.
Old Jan 8th, 2006, 05:18 PM   #10
country flag ZAK

ZAK has a brilliant future ZAK has a brilliant future ZAK has a brilliant future ZAK has a brilliant future ZAK has a brilliant future ZAK has a brilliant future ZAK has a brilliant future ZAK has a brilliant future ZAK has a brilliant future ZAK has a brilliant future ZAK has a brilliant future
Hardi-Fi- Star Of CCTV 10/10 This album is just damn good music
Fiona Apple- Extraordinary Machine 9/10 Some of the songs are Fiona perfection like Used To Love Him and Not Above Love, but a couple just drag on a little bit. Aside from that its great; I love her voice
Old Jan 8th, 2006, 05:28 PM   #11
country flag !<blocparty>!
Beware Of The Dog, Bitch.

!<blocparty>! has a reputation beyond repute !<blocparty>! has a reputation beyond repute !<blocparty>! has a reputation beyond repute !<blocparty>! has a reputation beyond repute !<blocparty>! has a reputation beyond repute !<blocparty>! has a reputation beyond repute !<blocparty>! has a reputation beyond repute !<blocparty>! has a reputation beyond repute !<blocparty>! has a reputation beyond repute !<blocparty>! has a reputation beyond repute !<blocparty>! has a reputation beyond repute
I'll be the pop reviewer in here. The last album I bought was Chemistry by Girls Aloud (the special christmas edition one)

10/10 - It is the SHIT.

If you're a fan of pop music... this was one of the best pop albums of 2005. Produced by Xenomania, the album is full of great pop tracks. I actually prefer it to their second album "What Will The Neighbours Say"... overall, it's much more consistent. 9 out of the 12 songs are fantastic... the other 3 are listenable/borderline filler. My favourites include:

1) Watch Me Go
2) Waiting
3) Biology
4) Models
5) Wild Horses

Download a couple of the above if you want a taster.

Also, if you're going to buy it, don't get this edition, as the Christmas songs are about as good as my arse. I didnt include them in my rating.

Go Rafa.

Last edited by !<bloc_party>! : Jan 8th, 2006 at 06:12 PM.
!<blocparty>! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8th, 2006, 06:10 PM   #12
country flag No Name Face

No Name Face has a reputation beyond repute No Name Face has a reputation beyond repute No Name Face has a reputation beyond repute No Name Face has a reputation beyond repute No Name Face has a reputation beyond repute No Name Face has a reputation beyond repute No Name Face has a reputation beyond repute No Name Face has a reputation beyond repute No Name Face has a reputation beyond repute No Name Face has a reputation beyond repute No Name Face has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by jahrim
Missy Elliott: The Cookbook

Rating: 5/10

This album was kind of boring for me. There were only a few good songs in my opinion. Everything was bad lyrics wise. None of the songs can come close to her other hits. The work on this album does not seem like quality work for Missy Elliott standards.
her best album was ...so addictive by far. it's so weird, i was just going through old cd's i had (jay-z's blue album was great too) and i found that one...popped it in and now i can't stop listening to it.

it's sad to see her quality has dropped. she's not one of my favorites, but this album is classic
No Name Face is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6th, 2008, 03:05 AM   #13
country flag aNYthing

Re: Music Albums In Heavy Rotation/New Albums

Just thought I'd revive this thread! Plus I have been listening to a lot of new sort of indie bands lately and wanted to share!

TV On The Radio - Dear Science

My friend recommended this one to me and I was a bit skeptical after doing a quick track run through on itunes. But after listening through it twice I loved it! My favourite tracks right now Dancing Choose, Family Tree, and Love Dog

John Legend - Evolver

I'm usually a fan of John's work. At first listen I thought this album was amazing! But then after playing it out for a couple of weeks I don't think it will have the same longevity as some of his other albums. Some of the songs are very catchy though! My favourite tracks are Green Light (played out...I know!), It's Over, Everybody Knows, Take me away, and I love you love.

Adele 19

Okay, so I have had this album for a while now and still listen to it very often. I was just stunned the other day when I was asking a couple of friends if they knew who she was and they were absolutely clueless. I am not going to write a whole essay on this album but all I will say is don't sleep on Adele. She's extremely talented and has a lot of potential to make many more great albums. My favourite tracks are Chasing Pavements, Cold Shoulder, Melt My Heart To Stone, and Hometown Glory. But the whole album is awesome, really.
Old Nov 6th, 2008, 03:19 AM   #14
country flag Optima
- - - - - - - - -

Optima has a reputation beyond repute Optima has a reputation beyond repute Optima has a reputation beyond repute Optima has a reputation beyond repute Optima has a reputation beyond repute Optima has a reputation beyond repute Optima has a reputation beyond repute Optima has a reputation beyond repute Optima has a reputation beyond repute Optima has a reputation beyond repute Optima has a reputation beyond repute

Chara - honey

1. Sumire
2. TROPHY
3. Labrador
4. Cherry Cherry
5. Remember Love
6. Marmalade
7. Know Me
8. Blue Fragments
9. And, I'm Unreachable
10. Sweet & Spicy
11. Apparently I'm Crying
12. MAHA
13. call me

Best album I've heard in a long, long, long time. I'm a huge fan of international music, and since this album is almost entirely in Japanese, many people pass up music they really can't understand, although I think this represents Chara at her best. She's had a LONG career, and she gets better with age. I still can't believe she's over 40, she looks about 19. She doesn't appear on the album cover though, it's her daughter (whose name is Sumire). She blends funk, cheery synth beats, hip hop and rock in a flawless way that sounds like ice cream. So smooth, I can't put it any other way.

10/10.

Favorite tracks: Cherry Cherry, And, I'm Unreachable, Blue Fragments, call me
Old Nov 6th, 2008, 04:04 AM   #15
country flag mirzalover

mirzalover has a reputation beyond repute mirzalover has a reputation beyond repute mirzalover has a reputation beyond repute mirzalover has a reputation beyond repute mirzalover has a reputation beyond repute mirzalover has a reputation beyond repute mirzalover has a reputation beyond repute mirzalover has a reputation beyond repute mirzalover has a reputation beyond repute mirzalover has a reputation beyond repute mirzalover has a reputation beyond repute

1.Girls
2.You on a Good Day
3.No Can Do
4.Hanging on a Star
5.Side Chick
6.Unbreakable Heart
7.Sunday Rain
8.Every Heart Broken (Murder 1)
9.Beware
10.Nothing's as Good as You
11.Sound of Goodbye
12.Can We Call a Truce

Its a great very mature pop record. The whole album is very ballad heavy which can be a bad thing but in this case its a good thing. Beware sounds like a geat Bond theme. The four best songs are Every Broken Heart(Murder 1), Nothing as Good as You, Sound of Goodbye, No Can Do, and Can We Call a Truce. The worlds current highest selling female group definately delivered with this album.
mirzalover is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote