Shahar Peer 2006 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Dec 31st, 2005, 11:24 AM   #1
country flag Meteor Shower

Meteor Shower has a reputation beyond repute Meteor Shower has a reputation beyond repute Meteor Shower has a reputation beyond repute Meteor Shower has a reputation beyond repute Meteor Shower has a reputation beyond repute Meteor Shower has a reputation beyond repute Meteor Shower has a reputation beyond repute Meteor Shower has a reputation beyond repute Meteor Shower has a reputation beyond repute Meteor Shower has a reputation beyond repute Meteor Shower has a reputation beyond repute
Shahar Peer 2006

Hopefully a very good year.

Shahar start the season at Tier IV Auckland. her quarter:
(8)Zvonareva - Suarez
Cho - Peer
Frazier - Azarenka
Blahotova - (4)Kirilenko

Tricky first round, Cho is not a pushover. But Cho plays alot like Shahar which should play into Shahar hands, because she just plays it better right now.
In the Second round Shahar may face a confident Zvonareva after beating Paola Suarez in the first round or a confident Suarez after beating Vera. Shahar will have to play really well to win this one.
This quarter is really packed with great players

Good luck!

******** Survivor
Meteor Shower is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 2nd, 2006, 09:51 AM   #2

Meteor Shower has a reputation beyond repute Meteor Shower has a reputation beyond repute Meteor Shower has a reputation beyond repute Meteor Shower has a reputation beyond repute Meteor Shower has a reputation beyond repute Meteor Shower has a reputation beyond repute Meteor Shower has a reputation beyond repute Meteor Shower has a reputation beyond repute Meteor Shower has a reputation beyond repute Meteor Shower has a reputation beyond repute Meteor Shower has a reputation beyond repute
First match of 2006, Shahar trails 6-7(0) 0-2 (Rain delay)
That tiebreak and second set
Thats what happen when you change your serve at the start of the season, hopefully it will pay off in the long run.

Fight and turn this match around!

Atleast tzipi qualified

******** Survivor
Old Jan 3rd, 2006, 06:01 PM   #3
country flag FlushingMeadows

FlushingMeadows is a name known to all FlushingMeadows is a name known to all FlushingMeadows is a name known to all FlushingMeadows is a name known to all FlushingMeadows is a name known to all FlushingMeadows is a name known to all FlushingMeadows is a name known to all FlushingMeadows is a name known to all FlushingMeadows is a name known to all FlushingMeadows is a name known to all FlushingMeadows is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASAP
First match of 2006, Shahar trails 6-7(0) 0-2 (Rain delay)
That tiebreak and second set
Thats what happen when you change your serve at the start of the season, hopefully it will pay off in the long run.

Fight and turn this match around!

Atleast tzipi qualified
Not the way we wanted the year to start but the serve had to improve so I am glad that she is changing it.
FlushingMeadows is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7th, 2006, 12:25 PM   #4

Yes, but she is changing it to even less hard-hit serve
just spinning it more so 1st serve percentage will be high.

Anyway, Canberra:
4-Peer vs Sprem
Daniilidou vs Shaughnessy
Razzano vs Nakamura
Vento Kabchi vs 5-Vinci

Tough draw, but if Shahar wants to rise in the ranking she should get to the QF/SF here. So far she really hasn't lived up to her seeding. She is learning this year that it's not so easy to be the favourite.
Good luck.

******** Survivor
Old Jan 8th, 2006, 05:27 PM   #5

FlushingMeadows is a name known to all FlushingMeadows is a name known to all FlushingMeadows is a name known to all FlushingMeadows is a name known to all FlushingMeadows is a name known to all FlushingMeadows is a name known to all FlushingMeadows is a name known to all FlushingMeadows is a name known to all FlushingMeadows is a name known to all FlushingMeadows is a name known to all FlushingMeadows is a name known to all
Important win for Shahar over Karolina Sprem 7-5, 6-3. It would not have been good to start the year with two straight losses even though Sprem is a pretty solid player who was in the Top-20 a year ago.

Sprem was serving for the 1st set but Shahar broke her and eventually took the set. Nice fight by Shahar.
Old Jan 8th, 2006, 05:34 PM   #6
country flag Shonami Slam

Shonami Slam has a reputation beyond repute Shonami Slam has a reputation beyond repute Shonami Slam has a reputation beyond repute Shonami Slam has a reputation beyond repute Shonami Slam has a reputation beyond repute Shonami Slam has a reputation beyond repute Shonami Slam has a reputation beyond repute Shonami Slam has a reputation beyond repute Shonami Slam has a reputation beyond repute Shonami Slam has a reputation beyond repute Shonami Slam has a reputation beyond repute
i find it hard to imagine she can reach the semis from the quarter - it's such a tough one!
if you have nothing important to say, please do so in non-tennis forum. if you have something you think is important, but is actually rubbish regarding anything other than tennis - please do so in the non-tennis forum. if you have something tennis related to say, but it's actually "OMG, X player is so h0t!1" or "who has the biggest boobs on the wtatour" please do so in menstennisforum, under "wta forum". if you have something important, tennis-related and interesting to say please do so. No one in the world can understand how much tennis means to someone, except another fan.
Shonami Slam is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8th, 2006, 07:27 PM   #7
country flag Makkabi

Makkabi is just really nice Makkabi is just really nice Makkabi is just really nice Makkabi is just really nice Makkabi is just really nice Makkabi is just really nice Makkabi is just really nice Makkabi is just really nice Makkabi is just really nice Makkabi is just really nice Makkabi is just really nice
Well done Shahar!

Long Life Israel!!!

STATE OF ISRAEL
Makkabi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10th, 2006, 07:33 AM   #8

Lurking in the same half of the draw as Medina Garrigues is No.4-seeded Shahar Peer, who overcame a massive 5-1 deficit in the first set, eventually advancing to the quarterfinals with a 76(0) 62 victory over former Top 15 player Eleni Daniilidou of Greece. The Israeli teenager, one of the Tour's most promising future stars, next faces Japan's Aiko Nakamura, who stunned No.5 seed Roberta Vinci 75 60 in their second round encounter. Nakamura used her flat, two-fisted groundstrokes to thwart the relentless net-rushing tactics of the young Italian, reaching just her second career Tour singles quarterfinal in the process. Peer and Nakamura have played twice previously, with Peer winning in three tough sets in 2004 US Open qualifying and in two sets in 2005 Auckland qualifying.

Well done Shahar, nice comback. good luck in the QF

******** Survivor
Old Jan 10th, 2006, 01:46 PM   #9

Shonami Slam has a reputation beyond repute Shonami Slam has a reputation beyond repute Shonami Slam has a reputation beyond repute Shonami Slam has a reputation beyond repute Shonami Slam has a reputation beyond repute Shonami Slam has a reputation beyond repute Shonami Slam has a reputation beyond repute Shonami Slam has a reputation beyond repute Shonami Slam has a reputation beyond repute Shonami Slam has a reputation beyond repute Shonami Slam has a reputation beyond repute
no need to post my thoughts about shahar and QF matches.
you all know them by heart already.
if you have nothing important to say, please do so in non-tennis forum. if you have something you think is important, but is actually rubbish regarding anything other than tennis - please do so in the non-tennis forum. if you have something tennis related to say, but it's actually "OMG, X player is so h0t!1" or "who has the biggest boobs on the wtatour" please do so in menstennisforum, under "wta forum". if you have something important, tennis-related and interesting to say please do so. No one in the world can understand how much tennis means to someone, except another fan.
Old Jan 10th, 2006, 02:47 PM   #10

Good win for Shahar as Eleni is a talented player. Once again, Shahar did a good job of not giving up when she was down in the 1st set. I'm looking forward to next one - the 1st time that I ever saw Shahar play was against Nakamura in the 2004 US Open Qualies. Shahar showed that she is a fighter that day and I've been a fan ever since.
Old Jan 10th, 2006, 04:16 PM   #11

technically - shahar is 2-0 against Nakamura including last year on the same surface in Aukland.
but Aiko is a better player now. we'll see.
Old Jan 11th, 2006, 08:42 AM   #12

Yes!! She won !!
2-6 (Rain delay) 6-3 6-0
The rain delay really helped it seemed.. well done Shahar!
Good luck in the semi now

******** Survivor
Old Jan 11th, 2006, 02:15 PM   #13

Nice win. Once again Shahar battles back. This kid does not quit.
Shonami: she made a semi-final - now you can relax a bit!
Old Jan 12th, 2006, 08:17 AM   #14
country flag shirgan

shirgan has a brilliant future shirgan has a brilliant future shirgan has a brilliant future shirgan has a brilliant future shirgan has a brilliant future shirgan has a brilliant future shirgan has a brilliant future shirgan has a brilliant future shirgan has a brilliant future shirgan has a brilliant future shirgan has a brilliant future
She lost in the semis but here's an article about her in the canberra times before the semis match:

http://canberra.yourguide.com.au/det...ort&m=1&y=2006
shirgan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12th, 2006, 12:43 PM   #15

Shahar
what a fighter

http://www.tennisaustralia.com.au/pa...53&HandlerId=1

Shahar had 7-6 4-4 40-0*
but I guess at this kind of close matches, you will have atleast one chance

thanks shirgan

******** Survivor