Auckland, NZ - 2006 ASB Classic - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Dec 28th, 2005, 03:40 PM   #1
country flag KirilenkoRulz

KirilenkoRulz has much to be proud of KirilenkoRulz has much to be proud of KirilenkoRulz has much to be proud of KirilenkoRulz has much to be proud of KirilenkoRulz has much to be proud of KirilenkoRulz has much to be proud of KirilenkoRulz has much to be proud of KirilenkoRulz has much to be proud of KirilenkoRulz has much to be proud of KirilenkoRulz has much to be proud of KirilenkoRulz has much to be proud of
Auckland, NZ - 2006 ASB Classic

Makiri's first tournament of 2006 is the Auckland, New Zealand - ASB Classic, a Tier IV played outdoors on hardcourt. Those entering the qualifing segment have been named, that draw to be played 31 December-1 January. The main draw competition starts, on 2 January but as I write this the the main draw has not yet been made public. There is also doubles draw of 16 teams, but no indication yet as to whether Makiri is playing doubles and with whom. Given past history, we can assume Makiri will be in the doubles draw as well.

Checked the Palm for the time difference between Auckland and Moscow and it is 10 hours! Checked on the globe and counted 9 time zones, and with Auckland currently on Daylight Savings Time, that makes 10 hours. As Makiri was just recently in Florida, that is yet 8 more time zones west of Moscow. With so much travel and time zone change, Makiri will certainly get to Auckland days ahead of time to adjust. With it being summer in New Zealand and Auckland being on a bay off the Pacific Ocean... seems to beat out Moscow weather in late December. Petrova arrived there on 21 December to adjust and get in some "sight-seeing", would not be surprised if Makiri will do similarly.

Last edited by KirilenkoRulz : Dec 28th, 2005 at 04:18 PM.
KirilenkoRulz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 28th, 2005, 05:06 PM   #2
country flag Dementirilenko

Dementirilenko is a splendid one to behold Dementirilenko is a splendid one to behold Dementirilenko is a splendid one to behold Dementirilenko is a splendid one to behold Dementirilenko is a splendid one to behold Dementirilenko is a splendid one to behold Dementirilenko is a splendid one to behold Dementirilenko is a splendid one to behold Dementirilenko is a splendid one to behold Dementirilenko is a splendid one to behold Dementirilenko is a splendid one to behold
Nice to have you here on this board again, Walt. Auckland is a Tier IV, so there will be not sooooo many top ranked players. Its a good chance for Makiri to get a good start into the next season, maybe by reaching the semis. This would give her a good feedback for the upcoming tourney's especially the Australian Open. I think we will get the list of the main draw at the end of this week.

Patty Schnyder, Anastasia Myskina
Marat Safin, Lleyton Hewitt, David Nalbandian

"I think I played well, I just finished at the wrong time."

Cellist at Kirilenko's Orchestra
Formerly known as "henner"
Dementirilenko is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28th, 2005, 08:37 PM   #3
country flag RonnieB33

RonnieB33 is a name known to all RonnieB33 is a name known to all RonnieB33 is a name known to all RonnieB33 is a name known to all RonnieB33 is a name known to all RonnieB33 is a name known to all RonnieB33 is a name known to all RonnieB33 is a name known to all RonnieB33 is a name known to all RonnieB33 is a name known to all RonnieB33 is a name known to all
Tournament Website

ASB Classic Website

http://www.aucklandtennis.co.nz/asb_...ssic/index.php

In case you wanted to know. Only 5 more days left!

RonnieB33 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28th, 2005, 08:58 PM   #4

Dementirilenko is a splendid one to behold Dementirilenko is a splendid one to behold Dementirilenko is a splendid one to behold Dementirilenko is a splendid one to behold Dementirilenko is a splendid one to behold Dementirilenko is a splendid one to behold Dementirilenko is a splendid one to behold Dementirilenko is a splendid one to behold Dementirilenko is a splendid one to behold Dementirilenko is a splendid one to behold Dementirilenko is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonnieB33
ASB Classic Website

http://www.aucklandtennis.co.nz/asb_...ssic/index.php

In case you wanted to know. Only 5 more days left!

Many thanx, Ronnie. 5 more days.....great! Than we will get the main draw in three!

Old Dec 28th, 2005, 10:17 PM   #5
country flag Ravsieg

Ravsieg has a reputation beyond repute Ravsieg has a reputation beyond repute Ravsieg has a reputation beyond repute Ravsieg has a reputation beyond repute Ravsieg has a reputation beyond repute Ravsieg has a reputation beyond repute Ravsieg has a reputation beyond repute Ravsieg has a reputation beyond repute Ravsieg has a reputation beyond repute Ravsieg has a reputation beyond repute Ravsieg has a reputation beyond repute
This is probably going to be the best Tier IV field on the whole year so it's very tricky.. but Maria should do as we expect. Good luck!

~~ just too lovely ~~

Sorana Cirstea

Maria Kirilenko ~ Dominika Cibulkova ~ Raluca Olaru ~ Viktoria Azarenka

Formerly ~Kirilenko#1Fan~
Ravsieg is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29th, 2005, 08:20 PM   #6
country flag !!!--Duiz™--!!!
Team WTAworld

!!!--Duiz™--!!! has a reputation beyond repute !!!--Duiz™--!!! has a reputation beyond repute !!!--Duiz™--!!! has a reputation beyond repute !!!--Duiz™--!!! has a reputation beyond repute !!!--Duiz™--!!! has a reputation beyond repute !!!--Duiz™--!!! has a reputation beyond repute !!!--Duiz™--!!! has a reputation beyond repute !!!--Duiz™--!!! has a reputation beyond repute !!!--Duiz™--!!! has a reputation beyond repute !!!--Duiz™--!!! has a reputation beyond repute !!!--Duiz™--!!! has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Kirilenko#1fan~
This is probably going to be the best Tier IV field on the whole year so it's very tricky.. but Maria should do as we expect. Good luck!
I was just thinking of that...

Supernova Sharapova

0009..Eternal Follower of Golden Girl
The Official Violin Player in Kirlenko's Orchestra
!!!--Duiz™--!!! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29th, 2005, 11:46 PM   #7
country flag Tati & Dani

Tati & Dani has a reputation beyond repute Tati & Dani has a reputation beyond repute Tati & Dani has a reputation beyond repute Tati & Dani has a reputation beyond repute Tati & Dani has a reputation beyond repute Tati & Dani has a reputation beyond repute Tati & Dani has a reputation beyond repute Tati & Dani has a reputation beyond repute Tati & Dani has a reputation beyond repute Tati & Dani has a reputation beyond repute Tati & Dani has a reputation beyond repute
Goodluck Makiri

A Semi-Final will be great , maybe a final
Tati & Dani is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30th, 2005, 12:19 PM   #8

KirilenkoRulz has much to be proud of KirilenkoRulz has much to be proud of KirilenkoRulz has much to be proud of KirilenkoRulz has much to be proud of KirilenkoRulz has much to be proud of KirilenkoRulz has much to be proud of KirilenkoRulz has much to be proud of KirilenkoRulz has much to be proud of KirilenkoRulz has much to be proud of KirilenkoRulz has much to be proud of KirilenkoRulz has much to be proud of
ASB Classic Qualifying Draw set, #84 in the world needs to play qualifiers in a Tier IV. It is really nice to be ranked #25 this year and not have to worry about qualifying rounds. 3 more days...

"Qualifying Draw & Schedule
30 December 2005

It's one of the toughest qualifying draws ever at the ASB Classic with the highest ranked player Jelena Kostanic at 84 in the world and the cut-off for direct entrants at 190.

The calibre of the field makes the job of the four Kiwi wildcards difficult to say the least, but not impossible. Qualifying starts at 10am tomorrow (Saturday 31) and Sunday and is free to the public."
Old Dec 30th, 2005, 01:52 PM   #9
country flag Langers

Langers has a reputation beyond repute Langers has a reputation beyond repute Langers has a reputation beyond repute Langers has a reputation beyond repute Langers has a reputation beyond repute Langers has a reputation beyond repute Langers has a reputation beyond repute Langers has a reputation beyond repute Langers has a reputation beyond repute Langers has a reputation beyond repute Langers has a reputation beyond repute
I don't think this has been posted yet.

"Top seed for the ASB Classic will be Nadia Petrova at No 9 followed by Russian Elena Likhovtseva at No 17. Glamour girl Daniela Hantuchova of Slovakia will be the third seed with a ranking of 19. Fourth seed will be the third of the Russians, 18 year old Maria Kirilenko at 25.

Kirilenko and Doushevina are two of the rising stars of tennis. The first is 18 years old and the second turned 19 last month.

Kirilenko made a final at Beijing the semis at Hyderbad and Tokyo as well as the quarters at both Doha and Guanqzhou in 2005 and is rated as a real prospect to reach the top ten within the next 12 months."
Langers is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30th, 2005, 02:15 PM   #10

Nice news, thanx Langers. Douchevina isn't bad too, so there will be a strong competition at this tourney. I didn't expect that, cause its just a Tier IV.
Makiri will be the fourth seeded....thats great, I mean she has the possibility to get a nice draw, and.....she can beat everyone of the better seeded players like Petrova!

Old Dec 30th, 2005, 03:48 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langers
I don't think this has been posted yet.

"Top seed for the ASB Classic will be Nadia Petrova at No 9 followed by Russian Elena Likhovtseva at No 17. Glamour girl Daniela Hantuchova of Slovakia will be the third seed with a ranking of 19. Fourth seed will be the third of the Russians, 18 year old Maria Kirilenko at 25. "
Langers, Hantuchova was a late entrant, the ASB site had Makiri at the 3rd seed until just before the close off date. Note that 4 of the top 25 are playing in a Tier IV! Regardless of how the rest of the MD plays out, if form holds 1 plays 4 in the semis (ie Makiri gets Petrova) and then she would play Elena or Daniela in the final. Also, the tournament is going to populate all 32 slots in the draw so no byes in the first round. If form holds, that is a pretty tough Tier IV. To win the tournament she will likely have to beat two pretty good players ranked ahead of her, will be an early indicator of her ability to move up as the year progresses.
Old Dec 30th, 2005, 04:01 PM   #12
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute
This is a tough tournament. There are pictures on Getty of Vera Z. practicing with Lena L.
No Maria pics from Aukland on Getty.
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31st, 2005, 12:15 AM   #13
country flag TennisPlayingFox

TennisPlayingFox has a reputation beyond repute TennisPlayingFox has a reputation beyond repute TennisPlayingFox has a reputation beyond repute TennisPlayingFox has a reputation beyond repute TennisPlayingFox has a reputation beyond repute TennisPlayingFox has a reputation beyond repute TennisPlayingFox has a reputation beyond repute TennisPlayingFox has a reputation beyond repute TennisPlayingFox has a reputation beyond repute TennisPlayingFox has a reputation beyond repute TennisPlayingFox has a reputation beyond repute
The draw is out! Maria will play Blahotova in the first round. Should be an easy win for Maria!
Peng-Petrova-Sharapova-Clijsters-Hantuchova-Craybas-Dulko-Gronefeld-Fujiwara-Srebotnik--Kirilenko-Chakvetadze-Pironkova-Laine-Hingis-Camerin-Parmentier-Schnyder-Voskoboeva-Medina Garrigues-Makarova-Cirstea-Cornet-Jankovic-Zvonareva-Rodina-Coin-Groth-Safarova-Dokic-McHale-Begu-Panova-Falconi-Dolonts-Soler Espinosa
TennisPlayingFox is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31st, 2005, 12:26 AM   #14

Here is the url for the singles draw
http://www.aucklandtennis.co.nz/asb_...aw/singles.php

After Olga Blahotova, the second round likely brings Amy Frazier (or Viktoria Azarenka). The third round likely brings Vera Zvonareva (8 seed) (Shahar Peer the other "name" in this bracket). In the semi's Makiri is in Daniela Hantuchova's (#2) half, so they paired up 1-3 and 2-4. If Daniela is upset along the way other "names" in that quarter are Katarina Srebotnik, Jamea Jackson and Jill Craybas. The final would likely be Nadia Petrova (1) or Elena Likhovtseva (3).

If form holds all the way, the road for Makiri is Blahotova - Frazier - Zvonareva - Hantuchova - Petrova. This can't possibly be a Tier IV... but it is.
Old Dec 31st, 2005, 01:25 AM   #15
country flag Derek.
Two and counting.

Derek. has a reputation beyond repute Derek. has a reputation beyond repute Derek. has a reputation beyond repute Derek. has a reputation beyond repute Derek. has a reputation beyond repute Derek. has a reputation beyond repute Derek. has a reputation beyond repute Derek. has a reputation beyond repute Derek. has a reputation beyond repute Derek. has a reputation beyond repute Derek. has a reputation beyond repute
(1)Petrova vs. Diaz-Olivia
Douchevina vs. Qualifier
Castano vs. Brandi
(7)Asagoe vs. Sanchez-Lorenzo

(3)Likhovtseva vs. Morigami
Dokic vs. Schruff
Granville vs. Qualifier
(6)Bartoli vs. Loit

(8)Zvonareva vs. Suarez
Cho vs. Peer
Frazier vs. Azarenka
(4)Kirilenko vs. Blahotova