Martina's comment after losing to Venus... - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 5th, 2002, 02:31 PM   #1
Damage

Damage is an unknown quantity at this point
Arrow Martina's comment after losing to Venus...

if im not wrong she said:

``I always served to her forehand,'' Hingis said. ``I kept doing the same stupid things, you can't even cry about or get annoyed anymore.''

Why u guys think she said that?? Could it be she thought it was time to play diffrently...?? to be agressive when she needed to in the match and be defensive when needed to in the match??
Or a sign that she just realised that she could'nt dominate anymore...

i think its the agressive part...coz i know martina is a fighter and she wont give up so easily...maybe she figured that playing like that wont help her to win...instead by saying this it gives her a 'push' to make her game more creative and more interesting, using all her shot-making skills and stuff to help her to dominate once more...

What do u guys think..??

Anyhow, Martina win the Doubles!!! All The Way!!!
Advertisement

Old May 5th, 2002, 03:22 PM   #2
country flag treufreund

treufreund has a reputation beyond repute treufreund has a reputation beyond repute treufreund has a reputation beyond repute treufreund has a reputation beyond repute treufreund has a reputation beyond repute treufreund has a reputation beyond repute treufreund has a reputation beyond repute treufreund has a reputation beyond repute treufreund has a reputation beyond repute treufreund has a reputation beyond repute treufreund has a reputation beyond repute
To me it sounds like she know she had her chances but played dumb. She lost the first set only 7-5 and knows that she could have won that set had she served a little differently and then who knows what would have happened. But she came back VERY VERY STRONG TODAY to take the doubles trophy with BABSI!
treufreund is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2002, 12:23 AM   #3
Jessica02
Team WTAworld

Jessica02 is an unknown quantity at this point Jessica02 is an unknown quantity at this point
Maybe shes finally had enough of being dictated to and wants to do some dictating of her own.

i really hope so...

Go Marti!
Im always behind you 110% of the way.

Jessica02 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2002, 03:55 AM   #4
country flag jojoseph

jojoseph is a name known to all jojoseph is a name known to all jojoseph is a name known to all jojoseph is a name known to all jojoseph is a name known to all jojoseph is a name known to all jojoseph is a name known to all jojoseph is a name known to all jojoseph is a name known to all jojoseph is a name known to all jojoseph is a name known to all
well, she sounds very frustrated to say the least.

and it sounds like playing Venus has definitely been on her mind a lot of late, but how could it not. Of course playing to Venus' forehand is a bad idea, she knows it, but she kept doing it obviously.

I'm thinking that pulling out of Berlin next week, if not for serious injury reasons is so she can really try to get back in it mentally and to really hamper down on some new strategy, and serious practicing.

or atleast that's what I'm thinking

I'll be expecting a more disciplined Martina when she comes out next tournie
jojoseph is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2002, 07:44 AM   #5
jomar

jomar is a glorious beacon of light jomar is a glorious beacon of light jomar is a glorious beacon of light jomar is a glorious beacon of light jomar is a glorious beacon of light jomar is a glorious beacon of light jomar is a glorious beacon of light jomar is a glorious beacon of light jomar is a glorious beacon of light jomar is a glorious beacon of light jomar is a glorious beacon of light
She could only learn from this experience.

SERENA---The Goddess in planet Venus.

"Happiness keeps us Sweet
Trials make us Strong
Sorrows keep us Human
Failures keep us Humble
Success makes us Eager,
But Love keeps Us Going"
jomar is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2002, 09:04 AM   #6
Damage

Damage is an unknown quantity at this point
Arrow

She withdrew frm berlin, still wondering why she did that...although she said because of injury...maybe she wanted to practice and improve on her game so that she wont make the same old mistakes...well... i think that she also said that comment because she was sick and tired of losing and she wants to improve so that she wont make the same wrong things and get back to winning grandslams and FO is her next title in mind...
Old May 6th, 2002, 09:31 AM   #7
jomar

jomar is a glorious beacon of light jomar is a glorious beacon of light jomar is a glorious beacon of light jomar is a glorious beacon of light jomar is a glorious beacon of light jomar is a glorious beacon of light jomar is a glorious beacon of light jomar is a glorious beacon of light jomar is a glorious beacon of light jomar is a glorious beacon of light jomar is a glorious beacon of light
Yeah Marti!!! Surprise them at the RG Open.

SERENA---The Goddess in planet Venus.

"Happiness keeps us Sweet
Trials make us Strong
Sorrows keep us Human
Failures keep us Humble
Success makes us Eager,
But Love keeps Us Going"
jomar is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote