Marat replaced by Teimuraz Gabashvili - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Dec 26th, 2005, 10:08 PM   #1
country flag ivanovic

ivanovic has much to be proud of ivanovic has much to be proud of ivanovic has much to be proud of ivanovic has much to be proud of ivanovic has much to be proud of ivanovic has much to be proud of ivanovic has much to be proud of ivanovic has much to be proud of ivanovic has much to be proud of ivanovic has much to be proud of ivanovic has much to be proud of
Marat replaced by Teimuraz Gabashvili

Looks like Marat chickened out when he realised he was gonna face Ana Ivanovic in the mixed doubles so he withdrew.
Anyway I have never heard of this ATP player b4.
ivanovic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 26th, 2005, 11:05 PM   #2
country flag 咖容Less

咖容Less has a reputation beyond repute 咖容Less has a reputation beyond repute 咖容Less has a reputation beyond repute 咖容Less has a reputation beyond repute 咖容Less has a reputation beyond repute 咖容Less has a reputation beyond repute 咖容Less has a reputation beyond repute 咖容Less has a reputation beyond repute 咖容Less has a reputation beyond repute 咖容Less has a reputation beyond repute 咖容Less has a reputation beyond repute
If Serbia doesn't win this it will really be a shame

Jankovic suffers from severe Chinese syndrome! Only God can help her!
咖容Less is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27th, 2005, 02:20 AM   #3
country flag groenefeldeffect

groenefeldeffect is a splendid one to behold groenefeldeffect is a splendid one to behold groenefeldeffect is a splendid one to behold groenefeldeffect is a splendid one to behold groenefeldeffect is a splendid one to behold groenefeldeffect is a splendid one to behold groenefeldeffect is a splendid one to behold groenefeldeffect is a splendid one to behold groenefeldeffect is a splendid one to behold groenefeldeffect is a splendid one to behold groenefeldeffect is a splendid one to behold
Is this some kind of bad joke; some random Russian who could make it to Perth?

I don't want to see him play; please let this not be true

arvidsson clijsters dulko ivanovic
kuznetsova sharapova stosur

WEST COAST EAGLES PREMIERS 2006
groenefeldeffect is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27th, 2005, 02:53 AM   #4
country flag ivanovic

ivanovic has much to be proud of ivanovic has much to be proud of ivanovic has much to be proud of ivanovic has much to be proud of ivanovic has much to be proud of ivanovic has much to be proud of ivanovic has much to be proud of ivanovic has much to be proud of ivanovic has much to be proud of ivanovic has much to be proud of ivanovic has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by groenefeldeffect
Is this some kind of bad joke; some random Russian who could make it to Perth?

I don't want to see him play; please let this not be true
Yeah, they could have gotten Davydenko.
Old Dec 27th, 2005, 02:55 AM   #5

groenefeldeffect is a splendid one to behold groenefeldeffect is a splendid one to behold groenefeldeffect is a splendid one to behold groenefeldeffect is a splendid one to behold groenefeldeffect is a splendid one to behold groenefeldeffect is a splendid one to behold groenefeldeffect is a splendid one to behold groenefeldeffect is a splendid one to behold groenefeldeffect is a splendid one to behold groenefeldeffect is a splendid one to behold groenefeldeffect is a splendid one to behold
REIGNING Australian Open champion Marat Safin has been forced to withdraw from the Russia Hopman Cup team because of an ongoing knee injury.

Safin has been replaced by 20-year-old Teimuraz Gabashvili, who will now partner Svetlana Kuznetsova in the mixed teams event.

The lateness of the withdrawal means there will be no changes to the seedings or the draw.

Safin's withdrawal follows a longer than expected recuperation period for tendonitis of the right knee.

The Hopman Cup begins on Friday in Perth with a qualifying tie between China and The Netherlands.

EDIT: He is ranked number 132 in the world; not that bad I guess.

Old Dec 27th, 2005, 03:01 AM   #6
country flag ivanovic

Teimuraz Gabashvili (RUS)

Birthdate: 23-May-85

Birthplace: Tbilisi, Georgia

Residence: Moscow,Russia

Height: 6'2'' (187 cm)

Weight: 178 lbs (80 kg)

Plays: Right-handed

Turned Pro: 2004

Previous Year's Final INDESIT ATP Race Position: 257

Current INDESIT ATP Race Position: 167

Career High INDESIT ATP Entry Ranking - Singles: 132 (11/28/2005)

Career High ATP Entry Ranking - Doubles: 216 (9/27/2004)

YTD Record:
Singles Record: 2 - 4

Singles Titles: 0

Doubles Record: 0 - 2

Doubles Titles: 0

Prize Money: $85,771

Career Overview:
Singles Record: 2 - 6

Singles Titles: 0

Double Titles: 0

Prize Money: $135,745

Current Yr. Highlights:

2005 HIGHLIGHTS
Singles Winner: Poznan Finalist: Barcelona, Reunion Island Semifinalist: France F4, Pamplona Quarterfinalist: Szczecin, Kolding, Tampere Doubles Winner: Reunion Island(w/Robert) Semifinalist: France F5(w/Chadaj), Seville(w/Martinez), Kolding(w/Przysiezny)

He's only like 20 so - HC would be good exposure for him - but the organisers have lost a MAJOR drawcard.
Old Dec 27th, 2005, 03:50 AM   #7
rfs1999

rfs1999 is just really nice rfs1999 is just really nice rfs1999 is just really nice rfs1999 is just really nice rfs1999 is just really nice rfs1999 is just really nice rfs1999 is just really nice rfs1999 is just really nice rfs1999 is just really nice rfs1999 is just really nice rfs1999 is just really nice
Surprized they dodn't wait until the last minute, to sell more tickets.
rfs1999 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27th, 2005, 05:08 AM   #8
country flag The Kaz
Your fav could never....

The Kaz has a reputation beyond repute The Kaz has a reputation beyond repute The Kaz has a reputation beyond repute The Kaz has a reputation beyond repute The Kaz has a reputation beyond repute The Kaz has a reputation beyond repute The Kaz has a reputation beyond repute The Kaz has a reputation beyond repute The Kaz has a reputation beyond repute The Kaz has a reputation beyond repute The Kaz has a reputation beyond repute
He smash Gilles Muller (LUX) ranked 64 at Moscow 6-3 6-1 and then lost to Max Mirnyi (BLR) ranked 32, 3-6 6-4 6-1 so he's not THAT bad

And he has betten top 100 players Potito Starce #87, Anthony Dupuis #95 and Mariano Zabaleta #57 as well as pushing #25 Olivier Rochus 6-7 6-7!

Samantha Stosur: US Open Champion 2011

Kerber // Barthel // Jankovic // Dellacqua // Pironkova // Arn // Cohen
Dulgheru // Scheepers // Kanepi // Cetkovska // Lisicki // Niculescu // Errani

The Kaz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27th, 2005, 05:15 AM   #9
country flag cfc_4_ever

cfc_4_ever is a name known to all cfc_4_ever is a name known to all cfc_4_ever is a name known to all cfc_4_ever is a name known to all cfc_4_ever is a name known to all cfc_4_ever is a name known to all cfc_4_ever is a name known to all cfc_4_ever is a name known to all cfc_4_ever is a name known to all cfc_4_ever is a name known to all cfc_4_ever is a name known to all
If anything it shakes up group A and makes it veri interesting cause no one has a clear advantage now. Come On Serbia and Montenegro
cfc_4_ever is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27th, 2005, 07:26 AM   #10

From hopmancup.com.au:

Continuing knee problems (tendonitis of right knee) have forced Russias Marat Safin out of Hyundai Hopman Cup XVIII in Perth. Safin was to partner Svetlana Kutnezsova who will now be partnered by 20 year old Teimuraz Gabashvili.

Safin said I am very disappointed to have to pull out of the 2006 Hopman Cup due to a longer than expected recuperation period of my right knee tendonitis. It is an event that I have taken part regularly over the past years and one of my favourite events of the year. I hope to catch up what I will be missing this year in 2007.

Kutnezsova, former world number 4, a US Open Singles Champion and reigning Australian Open Doubles Champion is making her debut at the Hopman Cup. She is due to arrive in Perth on Friday for her first match against the USA on Tuesday 3rd January.

Svetlana when advised that Safins recovery was not progressing well said I know Teimraz well, speak to him most days and would be delighted to play with him, as he is improving quickly.

The two 20 year olds, born one month apart in Russia, are both based in Barcelona and now create an interesting match up against the two 18 year olds from Serbia & Montenegro. Ana Ivanovic and Novak Djokovic are two of the rising stars of international tennis and Safins withdrawal makes this group wide open. Ivanovic and Djokovic have already arrived in Perth.

Teimuraz Gabashvili has played mainly at the Challenger circuit, reaching 3 finals (winning 1) in 2005. He also had a notable win over James Blake in the ATP event at Delray Beach. He will face tough opposition as he takes on Taylor Dent, Thomas Johansson and then Novak Djokovic. He is currently in Doha participating in an ATP Challenger event. He will leave for Perth as soon as he is out of the event. When advised his first match is on Tuesday he said to Tournament Director Paul McNamee thats good then even if I win in Doha I still have no problem making it to Perth in time.

Given the lateness of Safins withdrawal, at the instruction of the referee, Peter Bellenger, there will be no change to the seedings or draw. The Order of Play remains as is. Russia will open their Hopman Cup campaign against USAs Lisa Raymond and Taylor Dent, on Tuesday 3 January 2006 at 10.00am.

Old Dec 28th, 2005, 06:04 AM   #11
country flag greenfunkTHREE.

greenfunkTHREE. has a brilliant future greenfunkTHREE. has a brilliant future greenfunkTHREE. has a brilliant future greenfunkTHREE. has a brilliant future greenfunkTHREE. has a brilliant future greenfunkTHREE. has a brilliant future greenfunkTHREE. has a brilliant future greenfunkTHREE. has a brilliant future greenfunkTHREE. has a brilliant future greenfunkTHREE. has a brilliant future greenfunkTHREE. has a brilliant future
http://www.thefreeimagehosting.com/U...Gabashvili.jpg

i found a picture of Gabashvili. doesn't look 20 to me.

Anastasia Myskina my NO.1 favourite.
Daniela Hantuchova super eyecandy!
Emilie Loit heartbreaker.
Alize Cornet she's just 15!
Elena Dementieva pretty!
Amelie Mauresmo idol!
Svetlana Kuznetsova so fuckable! ps. She was never ugly!!

All the best to:
Nathalie Dechy, Caroline Wozniacki, Justine Henin-Hardenne,
Maria Sharapova, Ana Ivanovic, Maria Kirilenko,
Marion Bartoli, Aravane Rezai, Dinara Safina,
Victoria Azarenka, Olga Poutchkova
and all the other pretty players!

I like these players because they are HAWT HAWT HAWT!

Cl幦ence Po廥y
greenfunkTHREE. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28th, 2005, 02:53 PM   #12
country flag Fantastic

Fantastic has a brilliant future Fantastic has a brilliant future Fantastic has a brilliant future Fantastic has a brilliant future Fantastic has a brilliant future Fantastic has a brilliant future Fantastic has a brilliant future Fantastic has a brilliant future Fantastic has a brilliant future Fantastic has a brilliant future Fantastic has a brilliant future
I guess it won't be TOO bad after all. Perth fans get to witness a new face and it sounds like he can play. It definitely makes Group A very interesting indeed. I wouldn't be surprised to see any of the teams make the final now.
"Tell us Rafa, what else do you do with your right hand?" - Todd Woodbridge
"I have a pain here, in my famous ass" - Rafael Nadal

Come visit me at: www.myspace.com/als_myspace_page
Fantastic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29th, 2005, 02:48 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantastic
I guess it won't be TOO bad after all. Perth fans get to witness a new face and it sounds like he can play.
That is pretty similar to what I thought after getting over the anger of Safin pulling out.

*Walks off singing 'Always look on the bright side of life*