The French Correlation, Amézon's Sydney Sensation! - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 7th, 2006, 01:19 AM   #31
country flag mauresmofan

mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute
French Kiss was too busy checking himself out in the mirror to make it to the first Vodka Jelly Race Olympiad so I had to do the honours instead.

Race 1 featured Linnie against Sonja.

Linnie def Sonja (5-4)
Sonja got out to an early advantage of 4 shots to 3 but as she reached for the final shot glass it slipped out of her hand and onto the floor. Linnie seeing this kicked it to the other end of the room and as Sonja complained about unfair play, Linnie downed the last 2 shots.
As there is only one rule:
Be the first the finish 5 shots
Linnie was declared the winner.

Race 2 featured willrock against Hannah-Louise

Hannah-Louise def willrock(6-5)
Both these young hopefuls came out of the blocks strong and were neck and neck all the way that in the end they both finished their 5th shots at the same time. They had to move onto a tiebreaker which involved the first person to suck a Vodka Jelly Shot up through their nose with a straw the fastest. Before the tiebreaker Hanna-Louise was heard muttering to herself "THINK! - What would Kate Moss do at a time like this?" To Everyones surprise Hanna-Louise downed the shot even faster by sucking it up through her nose than she had done by downing them the more conventional way. She just looked around at the astonished faces and said "What?"

Race 3 featured timafi against griffin

griffin def timafi(5-0)
The first blowout of the competition. Nobody knew timafi was a pioneer - I mean who ever heard of a French non-drinker?

The final race featured Ceze against sapir1434

sapir1434 def Ceze(5-3)
Ceze moved fast but sapir1434 was awesome in this encounter. sapir1434 moved ahead after the second shot and never looked back. Ceze, ever the trooper finished off shots 4 and 5 and had a 6th as well before Suzie pulled Ceze away from the table saying "Hey leave some for the rest of us!"

That leaves our Quarter Final Line Up looking like this:

marmite1 vs Linnie
mauresmofan vs Hannah-Louise

suzie vs griffin
sapir1434 vs pineapple

Last edited by mauresmofan : Jan 7th, 2006 at 01:25 AM.
mauresmofan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 7th, 2006, 02:28 AM   #32
country flag Linnie
drinking

Linnie has a reputation beyond repute Linnie has a reputation beyond repute Linnie has a reputation beyond repute Linnie has a reputation beyond repute Linnie has a reputation beyond repute Linnie has a reputation beyond repute Linnie has a reputation beyond repute Linnie has a reputation beyond repute Linnie has a reputation beyond repute Linnie has a reputation beyond repute Linnie has a reputation beyond repute
*Does elbow exercises*

A small article: http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au...55E2722,00.htm

Mauresmo tunes up without baggage
Margie McDonald

07jan06

FRANCE's Amelie Mauresmo had every reason to be smiling as she practised at Sydney's Olympic Park courts yesterday; the WTA Tour champion hitting freely with no hint of the leg strapping which normally accompanies her visits to Australia.

The 26-year-old is making her fifth appearance at the Sydney International, where she won in 2000 and was runner-up to Justine Henin-Hardenne in 2004.

But that year she was suffering from lower back pain, which caused her withdrawal from the quarter-finals of the Australian Open a week after Sydney.

Mauresmo has also been plagued by adductor muscle trouble in Australia and regularly plays on Rebound Ace with her upper thigh and groin strapped.

"It takes a little while to get used to the conditions here, the heat and the sun," Mauresmo said after training yesterday.

"The court is different too and I have to find my mark."

The French-born Swiss resident is more relaxed now she has won her first major title, beating Mary Pierce in the season-ending championship in Los Angeles in November.

Mauresmo burst on to the scene here in 1999, the year she reached her first Grand Slam final in Melbourne, where she lost to Martina Hingis.

Since the Australian Open in 2002, Mauresmo has only once failed to get to the quarter-finals or better of a Grand Slam tournament she has entered - that was a third-round exit at the French Open last May.

Mauresmo in September became the 14th woman since the inception of rankings and the first from France to reach world No.1. She stayed there for five weeks before Lindsay Davenport took over on October 18.

With her $US1million purse for winning the end-of-season championship, where for the first time she beat three top-five players (Kim Clijsters, Maria Sharapova and Pierce) in the same week, Mauresmo became the 15th woman to pass $9million in career earnings.

But a Grand Slam title remains the missing piece.

First comes next week's Sydney International where Mauresmo runs into her old foes, the Belgian duo of Clijsters and Henin-Hardenne. Henin-Hardenne followed Mauresmo on court yesterday for a training session in the early afternoon heat. The pair exchanged only a few words but Mauresmo stayed to watch the former world No.1 and holder of four Grand Slam singles.

© The Australian

Linnie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7th, 2006, 04:49 AM   #33
country flag timafi

timafi has a reputation beyond repute timafi has a reputation beyond repute timafi has a reputation beyond repute timafi has a reputation beyond repute timafi has a reputation beyond repute timafi has a reputation beyond repute timafi has a reputation beyond repute timafi has a reputation beyond repute timafi has a reputation beyond repute timafi has a reputation beyond repute timafi has a reputation beyond repute
anyone knows who Ame plays first?
timafi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7th, 2006, 04:52 AM   #34
country flag Linnie
drinking

Linnie has a reputation beyond repute Linnie has a reputation beyond repute Linnie has a reputation beyond repute Linnie has a reputation beyond repute Linnie has a reputation beyond repute Linnie has a reputation beyond repute Linnie has a reputation beyond repute Linnie has a reputation beyond repute Linnie has a reputation beyond repute Linnie has a reputation beyond repute Linnie has a reputation beyond repute
Winner of Peng - Ivanovic

Old Jan 7th, 2006, 05:08 AM   #35
country flag timafi

timafi has a reputation beyond repute timafi has a reputation beyond repute timafi has a reputation beyond repute timafi has a reputation beyond repute timafi has a reputation beyond repute timafi has a reputation beyond repute timafi has a reputation beyond repute timafi has a reputation beyond repute timafi has a reputation beyond repute timafi has a reputation beyond repute timafi has a reputation beyond repute
what a shister of a draw she has
i'm fucking pissed
Old Jan 7th, 2006, 06:04 AM   #36
country flag Fat Frog

Fat Frog has much to be proud of Fat Frog has much to be proud of Fat Frog has much to be proud of Fat Frog has much to be proud of Fat Frog has much to be proud of Fat Frog has much to be proud of Fat Frog has much to be proud of Fat Frog has much to be proud of Fat Frog has much to be proud of Fat Frog has much to be proud of Fat Frog has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by mauresmofan
These should keep us entertained till Sydney!

I'll probably drink the equivalant of that tonight!! (Sydney nitelife is great!) Anyone know when her first doubles match is on?

What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight
-its the size of the fight in the dog
Fat Frog is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7th, 2006, 06:42 AM   #37
country flag timafi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Frog
I'll probably drink the equivalant of that tonight!! (Sydney nitelife is great!) Anyone know when her first doubles match is on?
started already after seeing peng/ivanovic
Old Jan 7th, 2006, 11:35 AM   #38
country flag suzie

suzie has a reputation beyond repute suzie has a reputation beyond repute suzie has a reputation beyond repute suzie has a reputation beyond repute suzie has a reputation beyond repute suzie has a reputation beyond repute suzie has a reputation beyond repute suzie has a reputation beyond repute suzie has a reputation beyond repute suzie has a reputation beyond repute suzie has a reputation beyond repute
@ the draw! at least should be a good warming up for AO. Go get them girl!

And in case you've been missing her smile...

(AP Photo/Paul Miller)

World MomOrganization's Head of Scrunchy* Watching Department (HSWD)
* "scrunchy" is a trademark courtesy of Mauresmo PonyTail, Inc. (c) 1979 François & Françoise

Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious

Last edited by suzie : Jan 7th, 2006 at 11:46 AM.
suzie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8th, 2006, 10:11 AM   #39
country flag améliemomo

améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute
Allez Amé!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

just play like you did,keep the momentum that you found in LA and kick some ass out there!!!!!!!!!!!!

Amé Gooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Actual Gourou of the "New French Armada"

my blog about french tennis future with the young french guns cominghttp://sheenatennis.canalblog.com/
améliemomo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8th, 2006, 11:13 AM   #40
country flag mauresmofan

mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute
She'll get a good feel for the court by playing her doubles match first. YIKES Ivanovic again!

*Downs the remaining 45 Vodka Jelly shots*
Old Jan 8th, 2006, 04:52 PM   #41
country flag Linnie
drinking

Quote:
*Hands m-fan the winner's trophy*

(AP Photo/Mark Baker)

Old Jan 8th, 2006, 04:56 PM   #42
country flag améliemomo

améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
She'll get a good feel for the court by playing her doubles match first. YIKES Ivanovic again!

yesshe's right to make also the doubles with svetlana

Actual Gourou of the "New French Armada"

my blog about french tennis future with the young french guns cominghttp://sheenatennis.canalblog.com/
améliemomo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8th, 2006, 04:57 PM   #43
country flag timafi

Quote:

had 1 bottle of pepto last night just thinking about Ame vs Anna again
but so happy she is playing doubles first
the relaid rebound might actually be of advantage for her
get Anna to make bhand errors
let's go Ame let's go
Old Jan 9th, 2006, 06:18 AM   #44
country flag hablo

hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute
Allez Momo

@ all the alcoholics in here !!

Momo/Sveta won their doubles match 6-1 6-1

GO all Canuck players GO
hablo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9th, 2006, 06:32 AM   #45
country flag Ceze
Honorary Admin

Ceze has a reputation beyond repute Ceze has a reputation beyond repute Ceze has a reputation beyond repute Ceze has a reputation beyond repute Ceze has a reputation beyond repute Ceze has a reputation beyond repute Ceze has a reputation beyond repute Ceze has a reputation beyond repute Ceze has a reputation beyond repute Ceze has a reputation beyond repute Ceze has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by hablovah
Allez Momo

@ all the alcoholics in here !!

Momo/Sveta won their doubles match 6-1 6-1
what a great start Amélie/Svetlana!!!