Karatancheva is not the only one - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Dec 20th, 2005, 02:22 PM   #1
vogus

vogus has a reputation beyond repute vogus has a reputation beyond repute vogus has a reputation beyond repute vogus has a reputation beyond repute vogus has a reputation beyond repute vogus has a reputation beyond repute vogus has a reputation beyond repute vogus has a reputation beyond repute vogus has a reputation beyond repute vogus has a reputation beyond repute vogus has a reputation beyond repute
Karatancheva is not the only one

Before people start casting stones at Sesil for being the shame of women's tennis, if it's true she was using steroids, does anybody believe she's the first or the only WTA player who's using them? Come on. She's 16 years old, somebody had to have introduced her to it. Sesil is just the stupid inexperienced one who got caught. If Sesil was cheating with drugs, there are for sure others doing it as well.
vogus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 20th, 2005, 02:24 PM   #2
country flag Helen Lawson

Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute
Is there some reason why most of the people get busted at the French Open?
Old Dec 20th, 2005, 02:25 PM   #3
country flag Maryamator

Maryamator has a reputation beyond repute Maryamator has a reputation beyond repute Maryamator has a reputation beyond repute Maryamator has a reputation beyond repute Maryamator has a reputation beyond repute Maryamator has a reputation beyond repute Maryamator has a reputation beyond repute Maryamator has a reputation beyond repute Maryamator has a reputation beyond repute Maryamator has a reputation beyond repute Maryamator has a reputation beyond repute
yeah.. Sesil must have learned it from someone.
Maryamator is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20th, 2005, 02:26 PM   #4
country flag Maryamator

Maryamator has a reputation beyond repute Maryamator has a reputation beyond repute Maryamator has a reputation beyond repute Maryamator has a reputation beyond repute Maryamator has a reputation beyond repute Maryamator has a reputation beyond repute Maryamator has a reputation beyond repute Maryamator has a reputation beyond repute Maryamator has a reputation beyond repute Maryamator has a reputation beyond repute Maryamator has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helen Lawson
coz of lequipe's rumors...
Maryamator is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20th, 2005, 02:27 PM   #5
country flag Infiniti2001
Veelieve!!!

Infiniti2001 has disabled reputation
Thumbs down

Until you have absolute proof , this is a stupid thread
Infiniti2001 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20th, 2005, 02:27 PM   #6
country flag rand

rand is a splendid one to behold rand is a splendid one to behold rand is a splendid one to behold rand is a splendid one to behold rand is a splendid one to behold rand is a splendid one to behold rand is a splendid one to behold rand is a splendid one to behold rand is a splendid one to behold rand is a splendid one to behold rand is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
more thorough on controls?
Old Dec 20th, 2005, 02:28 PM   #7
country flag tennisrox

tennisrox has a reputation beyond repute tennisrox has a reputation beyond repute tennisrox has a reputation beyond repute tennisrox has a reputation beyond repute tennisrox has a reputation beyond repute tennisrox has a reputation beyond repute tennisrox has a reputation beyond repute tennisrox has a reputation beyond repute tennisrox has a reputation beyond repute tennisrox has a reputation beyond repute tennisrox has a reputation beyond repute
I think sesil is being pushed too hard by her handlers.They pushed her into the big league before she was ready,physically or mentally,and now they get her into a mess like this.I don't believe Sesil is to blame for this.Someone in charge of her career is making a real mess of things.

Sesil is not the first,nor will she be the last player to get caught for doping.

Roman Abramovich-tax cheat Jose Maurinho-Megalomaniac

Proud to be a Gunners fan. We're skint, but proud

tennisrox is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20th, 2005, 02:34 PM   #8
country flag andrewC

andrewC has a brilliant future andrewC has a brilliant future andrewC has a brilliant future andrewC has a brilliant future andrewC has a brilliant future andrewC has a brilliant future andrewC has a brilliant future andrewC has a brilliant future andrewC has a brilliant future andrewC has a brilliant future andrewC has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_maryamator
yeah.. Sesil must have learned it from someone.
you don't know someone introduced her to it, for all any of us know she felt pressured by being the new "young sensation" and felt the need to charge her game up, albeit illegally. I know you are probably one of her biggest fans on this board but you shouldn't look at things with rose tinted glasses. It's all speculation so thats why none of us should pass judgement. I hope it isn't true but its sad if it is. We'll see what comes out in the next few weeks. Wasn't Kuznetsova caught doping a while ago too? What did the ITF do about that? Thanks if anyone knows
13 Doubles Titles (including 2004 Olympic Gold and 2008 AO Mixed)
Career High 77 (Singles) and 16 (Doubles)
andrewC is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20th, 2005, 02:34 PM   #9
vogus

vogus has a reputation beyond repute vogus has a reputation beyond repute vogus has a reputation beyond repute vogus has a reputation beyond repute vogus has a reputation beyond repute vogus has a reputation beyond repute vogus has a reputation beyond repute vogus has a reputation beyond repute vogus has a reputation beyond repute vogus has a reputation beyond repute vogus has a reputation beyond repute
it's very fortunate for the WTA that this turned out to be a "Black Sheep" type player rather than one of their stars. They are going to try to marginalize Sesil as much as they can now, to push her further away from the main flock of the WTA and minimize the PR damage.
vogus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20th, 2005, 02:37 PM   #10
country flag Helen Lawson

Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by vogus
it's very fortunate for the WTA that this turned out to be a "Black Sheep" type player rather than one of their stars. They are going to try to marginalize Sesil as much as they can now, to push her further away from the main flock of the WTA and minimize the PR damage.
If Sesil was a big star, it would have been covered up or they would have arranged for "I had a cold" defense. It's the same in Hollywood. Winona Ryder shoplifted for years, but it's only when she was shit at the box office and no longer an "A" celebrity that they threw her to the wolves. And you wouldn't believe some of the stuff I did in the 50s.
Old Dec 20th, 2005, 02:44 PM   #11
country flag danra

danra is a name known to all danra is a name known to all danra is a name known to all danra is a name known to all danra is a name known to all danra is a name known to all danra is a name known to all danra is a name known to all danra is a name known to all danra is a name known to all danra is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewC
you don't know someone introduced her to it, for all any of us know she felt pressured by being the new "young sensation" and felt the need to charge her game up, albeit illegally. I know you are probably one of her biggest fans on this board but you shouldn't look at things with rose tinted glasses. It's all speculation so thats why none of us should pass judgement. I hope it isn't true but its sad if it is. We'll see what comes out in the next few weeks. Wasn't Kuznetsova caught doping a while ago too? What did the ITF do about that? Thanks if anyone knows
I believe Kuznetsova allegedly tested positive for ephedrine during the off season - ephedrine apparently isn't banned during the off season, only 'in competition' i.e. WTA/ITF events. I think her alleged test occured whilst playing at Henin's annual charity event.
danra is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20th, 2005, 02:44 PM   #12
country flag LadyLil

LadyLil has much to be proud of LadyLil has much to be proud of LadyLil has much to be proud of LadyLil has much to be proud of LadyLil has much to be proud of LadyLil has much to be proud of LadyLil has much to be proud of LadyLil has much to be proud of LadyLil has much to be proud of LadyLil has much to be proud of LadyLil has much to be proud of
Quote:
Tougher controls and an obviously more vigilant press? I don't think it's an accident Agassi has announced he's not playing the French anymore. The other clay tournies were thrown in to make it look good.
LadyLil is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20th, 2005, 02:46 PM   #13
country flag Andre@

Andre@ is a name known to all Andre@ is a name known to all Andre@ is a name known to all Andre@ is a name known to all Andre@ is a name known to all Andre@ is a name known to all Andre@ is a name known to all Andre@ is a name known to all Andre@ is a name known to all Andre@ is a name known to all Andre@ is a name known to all
Quote:
Because the French Law about dopping (the French people can confirm this)
are harder than other countries.
Old Dec 20th, 2005, 02:48 PM   #14
country flag Penglover

Penglover is a name known to all Penglover is a name known to all Penglover is a name known to all Penglover is a name known to all Penglover is a name known to all Penglover is a name known to all Penglover is a name known to all Penglover is a name known to all Penglover is a name known to all Penglover is a name known to all Penglover is a name known to all
sesil... ah ah ah
Penglover is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20th, 2005, 02:49 PM   #15
country flag Corswandt

Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by rand
more thorough on controls?
I think so.

It was in France that the current anti-doping crusade began with the Festina scandal back in 1998.
Corswandt is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote