Federer, CLIJSTERS named 2005 ITF World Champions - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Dec 19th, 2005, 10:18 AM   #1
country flag Brαm

Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Federer, CLIJSTERS named 2005 ITF World Champions

Federer, Clijsters named 2005 ITF World Champions

The ITF announced today that Roger Federer (SUI) and Kim Clijsters (BEL) are ITF World Champions for 2005.

Federer becomes only the sixth man to be named ITF World Champion for two consecutive years, following Bjorn Borg, John McEnroe, Ivan Lendl, Pete Sampras and Lleyton Hewitt. The 24-year-old defended his Wimbledon and US Open titles, winning a total of 11 titles for the second consecutive year. He maintained the world No. 1 ranking throughout the year, posting an 81-4 overall win-loss record. He also helped Switzerland retain its place in the Davis Cup by BNP Paribas World Group.

Clijsters is the second Belgian in three years to be named Women’s World Champion following Justine Henin-Hardenne in 2003, and narrowly edged out year-end world No. 1 Lindsay Davenport for the honour. The 22-year-old captured her first Grand Slam title at the 2005 US Open, winning a tour-high nine titles during the year. She also helped Belgium preserve its World Group status in the Fed Cup by BNP Paribas.

The ITF’s selection of its World Champions is based on an objective system that considers not only performances at the Grand Slams, on the respective tours and at the season-ending events, but also gives weight to performances in the two ITF international team competitions, Davis Cup by BNP Paribas and Fed Cup by BNP Paribas.

ITF President Francesco Ricci Bitti said: “Roger Federer was again the clear choice for ITF World Champion after another outstanding season. In a much closer women’s contest, Kim Clijsters’s US Open victory and overall consistency saw her come out on top.”

The ITF also announced that Bob and Mike Bryan (USA), and Lisa Raymond (USA) and Samantha Stosur (AUS) are ITF Doubles World Champions for 2005.

The Bryans have become the first men’s pair to secure three consecutive World Champions honours. The pairing reached all four Grand Slam finals in 2005, capturing their second career Grand Slam title at the US Open. They won five titles overall during the year, and continued to represent the USA in the Davis Cup by BNP Paribas.

Raymond and Stosur, who teamed up for the first time in July 2005, went on to capture five titles, including the US Open and season-ending WTA Tour Championships. This is Raymond’s second time as Doubles World Champion, having won the 2001 award with another Australian, Rennae Stubbs. Both players represented their country in this year’s Fed Cup by BNP Paribas.

Donald Young (USA) has become the youngest ever ITF Junior Boys’ World Champion, at 16 years 5 months, after holding off a final-week challenge from Croatia’s Marin Cilic. Young has held the No. 1 ranking since winning the Australian Open in January, and also captured the US Open doubles title. He is the third American to receive this honour after Brian Dunn in 1992 and Andy Roddick in 2000.

Viktoria Azarenka (BLR) finishes the year as ITF Junior Girls’ World Champion, becoming the first Belarus player to be named Junior World Champion. The 16-year-old former ITF Development Team member won two Grand Slam singles titles, the Australian Open and US Open, and three Grand Slam doubles titles. She boasted a 50-3 overall win-loss record in singles and doubles for the year.

The ITF Wheelchair World Champions are Michael Jeremiasz (FRA) and Esther Vergeer (NED).
Twenty-four-year-old Jeremiasz is champion for the first time, after winning eight singles titles, and 10 doubles titles. Vergeer finishes 2005 as ITF World Champion for the sixth consecutive year and was undefeated in 2005 in singles, winning 16 singles titles and 13 doubles titles.

ITF President Francesco Ricci Bitti said: “I want to extend my congratulations to all the ITF World Champions. This has been another memorable year in tennis, helped by the performances of these outstanding individuals. The ITF is proud to name them ITF World Champions for 2005.”

The ITF World Champions will receive their awards at the annual ITF World Champions Dinner on Tuesday 6 June, in Paris during Roland Garros.

http://www.itftennis.com/abouttheitf...e.asp?id=16059
Brαm is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 19th, 2005, 10:40 AM   #2
country flag silverwhite

silverwhite has a reputation beyond repute silverwhite has a reputation beyond repute silverwhite has a reputation beyond repute silverwhite has a reputation beyond repute silverwhite has a reputation beyond repute silverwhite has a reputation beyond repute silverwhite has a reputation beyond repute silverwhite has a reputation beyond repute silverwhite has a reputation beyond repute silverwhite has a reputation beyond repute silverwhite has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inger67 View Post
I don't like Venus or Urszula
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inger67 View Post
If Ula can beat you 6-1, 6-3 then you know you're a mug
silverwhite is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19th, 2005, 10:44 AM   #3
country flag fOxYLiCiOuS

fOxYLiCiOuS has a reputation beyond repute fOxYLiCiOuS has a reputation beyond repute fOxYLiCiOuS has a reputation beyond repute fOxYLiCiOuS has a reputation beyond repute fOxYLiCiOuS has a reputation beyond repute fOxYLiCiOuS has a reputation beyond repute fOxYLiCiOuS has a reputation beyond repute fOxYLiCiOuS has a reputation beyond repute fOxYLiCiOuS has a reputation beyond repute fOxYLiCiOuS has a reputation beyond repute fOxYLiCiOuS has a reputation beyond repute
Kim & Federer

fOxYLiCiOuS is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19th, 2005, 10:45 AM   #4
country flag Yasmine
Somewhere over the rainbow.

Yasmine has a reputation beyond repute Yasmine has a reputation beyond repute Yasmine has a reputation beyond repute Yasmine has a reputation beyond repute Yasmine has a reputation beyond repute Yasmine has a reputation beyond repute Yasmine has a reputation beyond repute Yasmine has a reputation beyond repute Yasmine has a reputation beyond repute Yasmine has a reputation beyond repute Yasmine has a reputation beyond repute
Kim and roger!!!
Yasmine is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19th, 2005, 10:46 AM   #5
country flag Yasmine

Yasmine has a reputation beyond repute Yasmine has a reputation beyond repute Yasmine has a reputation beyond repute Yasmine has a reputation beyond repute Yasmine has a reputation beyond repute Yasmine has a reputation beyond repute Yasmine has a reputation beyond repute Yasmine has a reputation beyond repute Yasmine has a reputation beyond repute Yasmine has a reputation beyond repute Yasmine has a reputation beyond repute
thanks for posting it Bram
Old Dec 19th, 2005, 10:46 AM   #6
country flag xin_hui

xin_hui has a reputation beyond repute xin_hui has a reputation beyond repute xin_hui has a reputation beyond repute xin_hui has a reputation beyond repute xin_hui has a reputation beyond repute xin_hui has a reputation beyond repute xin_hui has a reputation beyond repute xin_hui has a reputation beyond repute xin_hui has a reputation beyond repute xin_hui has a reputation beyond repute xin_hui has a reputation beyond repute
kim

roger
xin_hui is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19th, 2005, 10:49 AM   #7
country flag ~|Naomi|~

~|Naomi|~ has a reputation beyond repute ~|Naomi|~ has a reputation beyond repute ~|Naomi|~ has a reputation beyond repute ~|Naomi|~ has a reputation beyond repute ~|Naomi|~ has a reputation beyond repute ~|Naomi|~ has a reputation beyond repute ~|Naomi|~ has a reputation beyond repute ~|Naomi|~ has a reputation beyond repute ~|Naomi|~ has a reputation beyond repute ~|Naomi|~ has a reputation beyond repute ~|Naomi|~ has a reputation beyond repute
Completely deserved
The awards keep rolling in
Old Dec 19th, 2005, 10:58 AM   #8
martinafan

martinafan has a reputation beyond repute martinafan has a reputation beyond repute martinafan has a reputation beyond repute martinafan has a reputation beyond repute martinafan has a reputation beyond repute martinafan has a reputation beyond repute martinafan has a reputation beyond repute martinafan has a reputation beyond repute martinafan has a reputation beyond repute martinafan has a reputation beyond repute martinafan has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats Lisa and Sam - totally deserving after a wonderful year together!
martinafan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19th, 2005, 10:59 AM   #9
country flag KimC&MariaSNo1's

KimC&MariaSNo1's has a reputation beyond repute KimC&MariaSNo1's has a reputation beyond repute KimC&MariaSNo1's has a reputation beyond repute KimC&MariaSNo1's has a reputation beyond repute KimC&MariaSNo1's has a reputation beyond repute KimC&MariaSNo1's has a reputation beyond repute KimC&MariaSNo1's has a reputation beyond repute KimC&MariaSNo1's has a reputation beyond repute KimC&MariaSNo1's has a reputation beyond repute KimC&MariaSNo1's has a reputation beyond repute KimC&MariaSNo1's has a reputation beyond repute
go kimmy you my girl
KimC&MariaSNo1's is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19th, 2005, 11:31 AM   #10
country flag Svennovitch

Svennovitch has a brilliant future Svennovitch has a brilliant future Svennovitch has a brilliant future Svennovitch has a brilliant future Svennovitch has a brilliant future Svennovitch has a brilliant future Svennovitch has a brilliant future Svennovitch has a brilliant future Svennovitch has a brilliant future Svennovitch has a brilliant future Svennovitch has a brilliant future
Who else?
Svennovitch is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19th, 2005, 11:32 AM   #11
country flag Brαm

Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naomi_85
Completely deserved
The awards keep rolling in
Yep

Last night Kim received the trophy for Best Belgian female athlete of 2005
She'd already won the award in 1999, 2000, 2001 and 2002

Attached Images
File Type: jpg gala056.jpg (25.8 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg gala057.jpg (31.9 KB, 17 views)
Brαm is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19th, 2005, 11:35 AM   #12
country flag Yasmine

Tom Boonen
Old Dec 19th, 2005, 11:35 AM   #13
country flag ~|Naomi|~

~|Naomi|~ has a reputation beyond repute ~|Naomi|~ has a reputation beyond repute ~|Naomi|~ has a reputation beyond repute ~|Naomi|~ has a reputation beyond repute ~|Naomi|~ has a reputation beyond repute ~|Naomi|~ has a reputation beyond repute ~|Naomi|~ has a reputation beyond repute ~|Naomi|~ has a reputation beyond repute ~|Naomi|~ has a reputation beyond repute ~|Naomi|~ has a reputation beyond repute ~|Naomi|~ has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brαm
Yep

Last night Kim received the trophy for Best Belgian female athlete of 2005
She'd already won the award in 1999, 2000, 2001 and 2002
I know
Old Dec 19th, 2005, 11:41 AM   #14
country flag honeyke

honeyke has a brilliant future honeyke has a brilliant future honeyke has a brilliant future honeyke has a brilliant future honeyke has a brilliant future honeyke has a brilliant future honeyke has a brilliant future honeyke has a brilliant future honeyke has a brilliant future honeyke has a brilliant future honeyke has a brilliant future
roger and kim really deserve this title!
they were the best players in the whole year (without a doubt)!
there are so many trophies and awards that they received.
incredible!!!

Finally she´s back!:
honeyke is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19th, 2005, 12:06 PM   #15
country flag Slumpsova

Slumpsova has a reputation beyond repute Slumpsova has a reputation beyond repute Slumpsova has a reputation beyond repute Slumpsova has a reputation beyond repute Slumpsova has a reputation beyond repute Slumpsova has a reputation beyond repute Slumpsova has a reputation beyond repute Slumpsova has a reputation beyond repute Slumpsova has a reputation beyond repute Slumpsova has a reputation beyond repute Slumpsova has a reputation beyond repute

Kim looks gorgeous with Best Belgian athletes Award but who's that hot guy?
Slumpsova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote