Ryan Sweeting on his "match" against Sharapova - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Dec 17th, 2005, 08:03 AM   #1
country flag bellascarlett

bellascarlett has a reputation beyond repute bellascarlett has a reputation beyond repute bellascarlett has a reputation beyond repute bellascarlett has a reputation beyond repute bellascarlett has a reputation beyond repute bellascarlett has a reputation beyond repute bellascarlett has a reputation beyond repute bellascarlett has a reputation beyond repute bellascarlett has a reputation beyond repute bellascarlett has a reputation beyond repute bellascarlett has a reputation beyond repute
Ryan Sweeting on his "match" against Sharapova

These are just exerpts from the article about Ryan. I just took out the ones relating to Maria and that practice match we were talking about on this board a few weeks ago...

Ryan Sweeting has Sharapova's endorsement, but he's in no hurry to turn pro.

By Charles Bricker
Staff Writer
Posted December 17 2005

Rising from obscurity to win the U.S. Open junior tennis tournament in September sent Ryan Sweeting's confidence soaring, and beating Maria Sharapova a few weeks later in a practice match gave his personal wealth a nice little boost......

........So who, many wondered, is Ryan Sweeting?

Agents from IMG, SFX and Octogon came calling. So did representatives of the Bollettieri Tennis Academy, who asked him to train there for two weeks.

While Sweeting was there, coaches arranged a practice match with Sharapova, who pulled her own surprise victory in 2004 by winning Wimbledon.

"She came on the court and I asked her if she wanted to play for money," Sweeting said. Sharapova dug $25 out of her purse. Sweeting matched it, then rolled up the $50 and wedged it into one of the holes in the net, where it stayed during the match.

It wasn't long before Sharapova was up 5-0. ( )

"It was kind of hard to concentrate," Sweeting said. "She's very attractive. But I wasn't going down six-love. I stopped looking at her for a while and won 7-5, 6-3.

"At the net, she just said, `Too good,' with a little smile on her face. She doesn't like to lose."

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/s...a-sports-front

Good job Maria...5-0! But this just proves that she really has a problem with closing out sets...
Advertisement

Old Dec 17th, 2005, 08:05 AM   #2
country flag Ballbasher

Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute
she couldn´t serve it out
Old Dec 17th, 2005, 08:06 AM   #3

bellascarlett has a reputation beyond repute bellascarlett has a reputation beyond repute bellascarlett has a reputation beyond repute bellascarlett has a reputation beyond repute bellascarlett has a reputation beyond repute bellascarlett has a reputation beyond repute bellascarlett has a reputation beyond repute bellascarlett has a reputation beyond repute bellascarlett has a reputation beyond repute bellascarlett has a reputation beyond repute bellascarlett has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by ---Benny---
she couldn´t serve it out
I know right...
Old Dec 17th, 2005, 08:08 AM   #4
country flag Ballbasher

Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute
She plays great tennis and the she loses these matches
Old Dec 17th, 2005, 08:08 AM   #5
country flag Mattographer
TF's Resident Photographer

Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute
Great job? He wasn't even concenration at all and that's what you want to say is 'great job'?

Listen to the silence. That's who I am and what I like.
Mattographer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17th, 2005, 08:11 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexSydney
Great job? He wasn't even concenration at all and that's what you want to say is 'great job'?
Well that's his problem, not hers...although technically hers is a bigger one - cant freakin close out sets...

Last edited by bellascarlett : Dec 17th, 2005 at 09:16 AM.
bellascarlett is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17th, 2005, 08:14 AM   #7
country flag KimC&MariaSNo1's

KimC&MariaSNo1's has a reputation beyond repute KimC&MariaSNo1's has a reputation beyond repute KimC&MariaSNo1's has a reputation beyond repute KimC&MariaSNo1's has a reputation beyond repute KimC&MariaSNo1's has a reputation beyond repute KimC&MariaSNo1's has a reputation beyond repute KimC&MariaSNo1's has a reputation beyond repute KimC&MariaSNo1's has a reputation beyond repute KimC&MariaSNo1's has a reputation beyond repute KimC&MariaSNo1's has a reputation beyond repute KimC&MariaSNo1's has a reputation beyond repute
i dont think she has a problem closing out sets
KimC&MariaSNo1's is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17th, 2005, 09:09 AM   #8
country flag Prizeidiot

Prizeidiot has a reputation beyond repute Prizeidiot has a reputation beyond repute Prizeidiot has a reputation beyond repute Prizeidiot has a reputation beyond repute Prizeidiot has a reputation beyond repute Prizeidiot has a reputation beyond repute Prizeidiot has a reputation beyond repute Prizeidiot has a reputation beyond repute Prizeidiot has a reputation beyond repute Prizeidiot has a reputation beyond repute Prizeidiot has a reputation beyond repute
Well that's the pressure.

$50 on the line, and the potential heavy criticism of her on this board. It's not easy to close out these important matches.

By the way, it may be interesting to note that Ryan was knocked out first round in the Orange Bowl. Mind you, he did lose to the eventual finalist.
Prizeidiot is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17th, 2005, 11:31 AM   #9
country flag Scotso

Scotso has a reputation beyond repute Scotso has a reputation beyond repute Scotso has a reputation beyond repute Scotso has a reputation beyond repute Scotso has a reputation beyond repute Scotso has a reputation beyond repute Scotso has a reputation beyond repute Scotso has a reputation beyond repute Scotso has a reputation beyond repute Scotso has a reputation beyond repute Scotso has a reputation beyond repute
What the 5-0 proves is that Ryan was nervous to be playing a top female pro.

Le Poussin! Faithfully ignoring the haters since 1995.

Le Poulailler de Poussin! (Simontarded.)

Ron Paul for President 2012!
Scotso is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17th, 2005, 11:34 AM   #10
country flag jamatthews

jamatthews has a reputation beyond repute jamatthews has a reputation beyond repute jamatthews has a reputation beyond repute jamatthews has a reputation beyond repute jamatthews has a reputation beyond repute jamatthews has a reputation beyond repute jamatthews has a reputation beyond repute jamatthews has a reputation beyond repute jamatthews has a reputation beyond repute jamatthews has a reputation beyond repute jamatthews has a reputation beyond repute
Sounds pretty typical of most of her matches since Wimbledon...amazing start, then collapses...
Old Dec 17th, 2005, 11:38 AM   #11
country flag Martian Willow
Team WTAworld

Martian Willow has a reputation beyond repute Martian Willow has a reputation beyond repute Martian Willow has a reputation beyond repute Martian Willow has a reputation beyond repute Martian Willow has a reputation beyond repute Martian Willow has a reputation beyond repute Martian Willow has a reputation beyond repute Martian Willow has a reputation beyond repute Martian Willow has a reputation beyond repute Martian Willow has a reputation beyond repute Martian Willow has a reputation beyond repute
I wonder if he's the first guy to make her choke.
Martian Willow is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17th, 2005, 11:41 AM   #12
country flag Tichi

Tichi is a name known to all Tichi is a name known to all Tichi is a name known to all Tichi is a name known to all Tichi is a name known to all Tichi is a name known to all Tichi is a name known to all Tichi is a name known to all Tichi is a name known to all Tichi is a name known to all Tichi is a name known to all
The sisters lose a match against a male 400-something player, Sharapova lost a match against a junior grand slam titlist.
Not so strange to me.
Tichi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17th, 2005, 12:17 PM   #13
country flag Maria Croft

Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute
oh please, this match means absolutely nothing, if this would have been any woman on the WTA tour that Maria was leading 5-0 she would have won the set, don't make something out of this silly match that is just not there

Wimbledon 2004 US Open 2006
Australian Open 2008 Roland Garros 2012 2014
0013..Eternal follower of the Golden Girl
Maria Croft is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17th, 2005, 12:19 PM   #14
country flag Dan23

Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute
any proof that Maria was up 5-0?? He could be bullsh*tting for all we know
Dan23 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17th, 2005, 01:17 PM   #15
the cat

the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute
It's just one IMG kid (Maria) helping another (Ryan) get some exposure in the media. And it worked. Well done Maria.
Happiness is like a cat. If you try to coax it or call it, it will avoid you. It will never come. But if you pay no attention to it and go about your business, you'll find it rubbing up against your legs and jumping into your lap. - William Bennett

http://cornedbeefhash.files.wordpres...arcelona08.jpg
the cat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote