Why has WTA World become more about the posters than the players? - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 4th, 2002, 08:19 PM   #1
the cat

the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute
Why has WTA World become more about the posters than the players?

I think WTA World has become more about the posters than the players. And with that comes nasty battles and confrontations over players that are often unecessary, IMO!

When I joined WTA World last September, this was a board about tennis. Not the posters and their antagonistic points of view. Sure, everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but some of the battles seem far too personal and mean spirited! I cheer for the female Russian tennis players. But they never win anything! Fans of Martina Hingis, Jennifer Capriati and the Williams sisters are very lucky. Their favorite players are great! And they should be happy! But in recent months the board battles between fans seems to haven't gotten even more intense! In fact, the top WTA players don't even go at that hard!

Some posters don't post here as much as they used to. I wonder why?

Is it possible for the WTA World message boards to go back to being more about the players and the sport, and less about the posters and antagonistic threads?
the cat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 4th, 2002, 08:30 PM   #2
venusfan

venusfan has much to be proud of venusfan has much to be proud of venusfan has much to be proud of venusfan has much to be proud of venusfan has much to be proud of venusfan has much to be proud of venusfan has much to be proud of venusfan has much to be proud of venusfan has much to be proud of venusfan has much to be proud of venusfan has much to be proud of

WE HAVE OUR VERY OWN OPRAH
"I told her, `You don't want to get into a hitting battle with Sharapova, because it would be uneven for Sharapova, because Sharapova only has one good side and that's her backhand,"'. "`You don't want to get into that for the simple reason you would win. So try to hit some balls to her strong side, to her backhand, and that would help you with your match for tomorrow

Sir Richard Williams
venusfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2002, 08:32 PM   #3
country flag irma

irma has disabled reputation
LOL@venusfan

This board is all projection the cat, that's the reason!
It was the same on the old wtaboards!
To the river so deep
We all end in the ocean
We all start in the streams
We're all carried along
By the river of dreams
In the middle of the night
irma is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2002, 08:43 PM   #4
the cat

the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute
I don't think so Irma! I think there was less antaginism there.
Old May 4th, 2002, 08:45 PM   #5
HEAVYHITTER

HEAVYHITTER is an unknown quantity at this point
There is something EVOLVING Cat.
HEAVYHITTER is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2002, 08:45 PM   #6
country flag per4ever
Team WTAworld

per4ever has much to be proud of per4ever has much to be proud of per4ever has much to be proud of per4ever has much to be proud of per4ever has much to be proud of per4ever has much to be proud of per4ever has much to be proud of per4ever has much to be proud of per4ever has much to be proud of per4ever has much to be proud of per4ever has much to be proud of
it's terrible but we'll have to live with it I guess..or start a private board
per4ever is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2002, 08:52 PM   #7
Kisha

Kisha is just really nice Kisha is just really nice Kisha is just really nice Kisha is just really nice Kisha is just really nice Kisha is just really nice Kisha is just really nice Kisha is just really nice Kisha is just really nice Kisha is just really nice Kisha is just really nice
i agree with what you say. Like we were saying earlier, every chance we got we have to just have a go at each other. This isnt a tennis board anymore its a bitching board.

venusfan said that 'we have our very own Oprah'.

thats interesting. To me this board is more like The Jerry Springer Show, rather than Oprah.

I FEEL LIKE NEVE IN SCREAM, NEVER GETTING AWAY FROM THE KILLER!

I'm in love with Jack Ryder and Justin Timberlake!!!

JUST PLAIN DIRRTY!

THE UK DOES IT LIKE NOBODY DOES!!!
Kisha is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2002, 08:56 PM   #8
country flag irma

irma has disabled reputation
We need dr phil
To the river so deep
We all end in the ocean
We all start in the streams
We're all carried along
By the river of dreams
In the middle of the night
irma is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2002, 09:11 PM   #9
auntie janie

auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute
Smile

Hi cat!

I believe that using a message board is a scientific skill. All you need to do to be happy here is to refine your ability to ignoring certain types of threads.

I am only vaguely aware of the type of posts you are describing -- I simply never read them, no matter whom they are against.

The board for me is all about having fun, so I mostly stick to the fun places (eg, Russian Roulette, tournament threads, Challengers), and lately, sadly, I just skip most of the stuff on General Messages.

Take heart, cat! Follow my program and you will enjoy wtaworld once more! I guarantee it!
auntie janie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2002, 10:04 PM   #10
Kart

Kart is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by the cat
I don't think so Irma! I think there was less antaginism there.
You can't be talking about Sanex surely ? That was ridiculous towards the end.
Kart is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2002, 10:09 PM   #11
country flag veryborednow
Team WTAworld

veryborednow has a brilliant future veryborednow has a brilliant future veryborednow has a brilliant future veryborednow has a brilliant future veryborednow has a brilliant future veryborednow has a brilliant future veryborednow has a brilliant future veryborednow has a brilliant future veryborednow has a brilliant future veryborednow has a brilliant future veryborednow has a brilliant future
just the way it is ...

... the board is a microcosm of our "civilised" world
Old May 4th, 2002, 10:13 PM   #12
CB
Team WTAworld
Moderator - Chicas Latinas

CB is a name known to all CB is a name known to all CB is a name known to all CB is a name known to all CB is a name known to all CB is a name known to all CB is a name known to all CB is a name known to all CB is a name known to all CB is a name known to all CB is a name known to all
I'm more a kind of voyeur here on this board, and what I see is that there are some posters that kind of like to make noise and polemic such as TeeRexx, LINDSAY DAVENPORT ROCKS, maybe Volcana..

Just ignore it. We're not obligated to read bullsh*t
Old May 4th, 2002, 10:26 PM   #13
country flag Crazy Canuck

Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute
"some of the battles seem far too personal and mean spirited! "

No worries cat - they aren't just kept on the boards. THe stuff I've received through PM is far worse than anything i've seen on these boards.

Better in PM then the board where everyone has to read it.

Half the threads in here are invented to bait someone.

Thats just GM though. The cure - don't go into GM

The only times that I argue are when I go into GM, or recieve nasty nasty PM's.

FOr some reason ATP fans are far less bitchy.
Crazy Canuck is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2002, 11:03 PM   #14
the cat

Thanks for all your input!

venusfan, who's Oprah here? Moi?

per4ever, you may be on to something!

Kisha, I'll take Oprah over Jerry Springer anytime!

Janie, thanks for the advice!

Becca, you receive mean spirited pm's? Why? Because you speak your mind? That's too bad!

Got to go. The Kentucky Derby is about to start. And they're off! Well almost!
Old May 5th, 2002, 12:08 AM   #15
disposablehero

disposablehero has a brilliant future disposablehero has a brilliant future disposablehero has a brilliant future disposablehero has a brilliant future disposablehero has a brilliant future disposablehero has a brilliant future disposablehero has a brilliant future disposablehero has a brilliant future disposablehero has a brilliant future disposablehero has a brilliant future disposablehero has a brilliant future
SanexWTA ridiculous towards the end? No, towards the beginning. Now THERE was a nonstop war.
disposablehero is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote