Hingis "likely to contest Sydney International" - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Dec 4th, 2005, 11:51 PM   #1
country flag alwayshingis

alwayshingis has a reputation beyond repute alwayshingis has a reputation beyond repute alwayshingis has a reputation beyond repute alwayshingis has a reputation beyond repute alwayshingis has a reputation beyond repute alwayshingis has a reputation beyond repute alwayshingis has a reputation beyond repute alwayshingis has a reputation beyond repute alwayshingis has a reputation beyond repute alwayshingis has a reputation beyond repute alwayshingis has a reputation beyond repute
Hingis "likely to contest Sydney International"

The beginning of this article from the Herald Sun is a little different that what we've seen for those that are interested. The rest is just old news.

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/com...5E3162,00.html
alwayshingis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 4th, 2005, 11:55 PM   #2
country flag dinhd82

dinhd82 has a brilliant future dinhd82 has a brilliant future dinhd82 has a brilliant future dinhd82 has a brilliant future dinhd82 has a brilliant future dinhd82 has a brilliant future dinhd82 has a brilliant future dinhd82 has a brilliant future dinhd82 has a brilliant future dinhd82 has a brilliant future dinhd82 has a brilliant future
Has Martina already developed a big serve? i'm nervous but so excited!

Now and forever, I'll remember.
dinhd82 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4th, 2005, 11:56 PM   #3
country flag Martian Stacey
Team WTAworld

Martian Stacey has a reputation beyond repute Martian Stacey has a reputation beyond repute Martian Stacey has a reputation beyond repute Martian Stacey has a reputation beyond repute Martian Stacey has a reputation beyond repute Martian Stacey has a reputation beyond repute Martian Stacey has a reputation beyond repute Martian Stacey has a reputation beyond repute Martian Stacey has a reputation beyond repute Martian Stacey has a reputation beyond repute Martian Stacey has a reputation beyond repute
This is the best news i've heard I hope she does
Old Dec 5th, 2005, 12:02 AM   #4
country flag blumaroo

blumaroo has a brilliant future blumaroo has a brilliant future blumaroo has a brilliant future blumaroo has a brilliant future blumaroo has a brilliant future blumaroo has a brilliant future blumaroo has a brilliant future blumaroo has a brilliant future blumaroo has a brilliant future blumaroo has a brilliant future blumaroo has a brilliant future
She's really brave. She hasn't played in three years and she returns at such a competitive tournament. She must really have something up her sleeve! I'm excited but also quite nervous for her. At Sydney she might only play one match. A lower tier would have been better. Who's playing in Sydney?
blumaroo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5th, 2005, 12:04 AM   #5
country flag JulesVerne

JulesVerne is a splendid one to behold JulesVerne is a splendid one to behold JulesVerne is a splendid one to behold JulesVerne is a splendid one to behold JulesVerne is a splendid one to behold JulesVerne is a splendid one to behold JulesVerne is a splendid one to behold JulesVerne is a splendid one to behold JulesVerne is a splendid one to behold JulesVerne is a splendid one to behold JulesVerne is a splendid one to behold
Thanks for the interesting article.

I notice a quote in the article from Martina's doctor which indicates that there is a strong possibility of further feet problems if she does too much training or plays too much.

"It's a case of how much pressure she puts on the feet though -- so it could come back depending on how many tournaments she plays and how much training she does," Buehlmann said.

How real are these fears.
JulesVerne is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5th, 2005, 12:06 AM   #6
country flag IceHock

IceHock has a reputation beyond repute IceHock has a reputation beyond repute IceHock has a reputation beyond repute IceHock has a reputation beyond repute IceHock has a reputation beyond repute IceHock has a reputation beyond repute IceHock has a reputation beyond repute IceHock has a reputation beyond repute IceHock has a reputation beyond repute IceHock has a reputation beyond repute IceHock has a reputation beyond repute
shell prolly play a lot on clay cause its easier on feeet and maybe both grass tourneys also cause thats also soft and ill guess not as many hard ones maybe only the decent and up ones
IceHock is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5th, 2005, 12:20 AM   #7
country flag Hachiko

Hachiko has a reputation beyond repute Hachiko has a reputation beyond repute Hachiko has a reputation beyond repute Hachiko has a reputation beyond repute Hachiko has a reputation beyond repute Hachiko has a reputation beyond repute Hachiko has a reputation beyond repute Hachiko has a reputation beyond repute Hachiko has a reputation beyond repute Hachiko has a reputation beyond repute Hachiko has a reputation beyond repute
Awesome, hope to see her on T.V/live then.
Hachiko is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5th, 2005, 01:22 AM   #8

alwayshingis has a reputation beyond repute alwayshingis has a reputation beyond repute alwayshingis has a reputation beyond repute alwayshingis has a reputation beyond repute alwayshingis has a reputation beyond repute alwayshingis has a reputation beyond repute alwayshingis has a reputation beyond repute alwayshingis has a reputation beyond repute alwayshingis has a reputation beyond repute alwayshingis has a reputation beyond repute alwayshingis has a reputation beyond repute
In related news: "Sheikh Mohammed dropped a hint that former world number one Martina Hingis of Switzerland may play in the Qatar Open in February."

Reliability? But still...
Old Dec 5th, 2005, 01:58 AM   #9
country flag Zauber

Zauber has much to be proud of Zauber has much to be proud of Zauber has much to be proud of Zauber has much to be proud of Zauber has much to be proud of Zauber has much to be proud of Zauber has much to be proud of Zauber has much to be proud of Zauber has much to be proud of Zauber has much to be proud of Zauber has much to be proud of
All right she is takling the big one. All or nothing.
She has guts.
Zauber is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5th, 2005, 01:59 AM   #10
country flag Justin

Justin has a brilliant future Justin has a brilliant future Justin has a brilliant future Justin has a brilliant future Justin has a brilliant future Justin has a brilliant future Justin has a brilliant future Justin has a brilliant future Justin has a brilliant future Justin has a brilliant future Justin has a brilliant future
Nowhere in the article is there a quote that mentions Sydney. I think we can rely on Mario's quote rather than speculation from this writer as to the "obvious starting point," as it was called by the writer.

Until she or Mario talk about Sydney, I am not getting my hopes up.
Shino Tsurubuchi
"Men's tennis and women's tennis are almost two separate sports. If I was to play Andy Murray I would
lose 6-0, 6-0 in five to six minutes, maybe 10 minutes." -- Serena Williams
Justin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5th, 2005, 02:34 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin
Nowhere in the article is there a quote that mentions Sydney. I think we can rely on Mario's quote rather than speculation from this writer as to the "obvious starting point," as it was called by the writer.

Until she or Mario talk about Sydney, I am not getting my hopes up.
I was quoting the article in my title. But still...this is in the article:

"Hingis's manager Mario Widmer said the Swiss baseliner was likely to contest the Sydney International"