First Positive WTA dope case? - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Dec 4th, 2005, 10:05 AM   #1
country flag :Rawwb:
Team WTAworld

:Rawwb: has a reputation beyond repute :Rawwb: has a reputation beyond repute :Rawwb: has a reputation beyond repute :Rawwb: has a reputation beyond repute :Rawwb: has a reputation beyond repute :Rawwb: has a reputation beyond repute :Rawwb: has a reputation beyond repute :Rawwb: has a reputation beyond repute :Rawwb: has a reputation beyond repute :Rawwb: has a reputation beyond repute :Rawwb: has a reputation beyond repute
First Positive WTA dope case?

From http://www.eurosport.co.uk/home/page...to797645.shtml

Pound warns of more positive tests

The chairman of the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA), Dick Pound, believes there will be more positive tests amongst players now that the International Tennis Federation (ITF), tennis' governing body, has taken over the anti-doping programme from the Association of Tennis Professionals (ATP).

DAVIS CUP: Honours even in Bratislava

"The ATP had an imperfect and botched process. Perhaps now that there is a rigorous testing process in place, the penny will drop among the players," Pound said on Friday.

The warning came as Karol Beck of the Slovak Republic, who is believed to have tested positive for a banned substance during the Davis Cup semi-final against Argentina, pulled out of his opening singles rubber against Croatia's Ivan Ljubicic and Saturday's doubles rubber in the Davis Cup final in Bratislava, with a knee injury.

Beck, the world number 57, denied the allegation that has been circulating for two weeks on Wednesday. But the 23-year-old was selected by the Slovak captain, Miloslav Mecir, despite not having played a match since the St Petersburg Open in October.

The Slovak Tennis Federation knows that were one of its players to have a positive doping test confirmed after the weekend, any wins by that player could be rescinded.

The 2005 season has already witnessed Argentina's Guillermo Canas banned for two years in August after taking a banned diuretic, and three others: Mariano Puerta and Mariano Hood, and an unnamed women's player - testing positive at the French Open - are yet to face a tribunal.

Jees - I never knew there was a women's player too! And I thought they were allegations that sort of were forgotton because Hood was identified. I wonder who it could be
:Rawwb: is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 4th, 2005, 10:06 AM   #2
country flag CCCP1

CCCP1 has a brilliant future CCCP1 has a brilliant future CCCP1 has a brilliant future CCCP1 has a brilliant future CCCP1 has a brilliant future CCCP1 has a brilliant future CCCP1 has a brilliant future CCCP1 has a brilliant future CCCP1 has a brilliant future CCCP1 has a brilliant future CCCP1 has a brilliant future
I think Lourdes Dominguez Lino tested positive to cocaine some years ago
CCCP1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4th, 2005, 10:07 AM   #3
Team WTAworld

:Rawwb: has a reputation beyond repute :Rawwb: has a reputation beyond repute :Rawwb: has a reputation beyond repute :Rawwb: has a reputation beyond repute :Rawwb: has a reputation beyond repute :Rawwb: has a reputation beyond repute :Rawwb: has a reputation beyond repute :Rawwb: has a reputation beyond repute :Rawwb: has a reputation beyond repute :Rawwb: has a reputation beyond repute :Rawwb: has a reputation beyond repute
Also, do we know if this WTA player is also ffrom Argentina?
Old Dec 4th, 2005, 10:08 AM   #4
Team WTAworld

Quote:
Originally Posted by *cory*
I think Lourdes Dominguez Lino tested positive to cocaine some years ago
Yes, youre right, maybe she was just a crack addict though - how can it help your game? But it was this years French Open
Old Dec 4th, 2005, 10:27 AM   #5
country flag -Em-
Team WTAworld

-Em- has a reputation beyond repute -Em- has a reputation beyond repute -Em- has a reputation beyond repute -Em- has a reputation beyond repute -Em- has a reputation beyond repute -Em- has a reputation beyond repute -Em- has a reputation beyond repute -Em- has a reputation beyond repute -Em- has a reputation beyond repute -Em- has a reputation beyond repute -Em- has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by :Rawwb:
Yes, youre right, maybe she was just a crack addict though - how can it help your game? But it was this years French Open
it can for example boost your heart rate and brain activity, it can also block pain and improve reactions.
Old Dec 4th, 2005, 10:33 AM   #6
Team WTAworld

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emily.
it can for example boost your heart rate and brain activity, it can also block pain and improve reactions.
Wow I didnt realise it did all that - its actually quite effective then for a tennis player...
Old Dec 4th, 2005, 10:37 AM   #7
country flag Maryamator

Maryamator has a reputation beyond repute Maryamator has a reputation beyond repute Maryamator has a reputation beyond repute Maryamator has a reputation beyond repute Maryamator has a reputation beyond repute Maryamator has a reputation beyond repute Maryamator has a reputation beyond repute Maryamator has a reputation beyond repute Maryamator has a reputation beyond repute Maryamator has a reputation beyond repute Maryamator has a reputation beyond repute
maybe elena likhotseva NAH!
Maryamator is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4th, 2005, 10:38 AM   #8
country flag Sonf@
agradecería con alegría que me comierais la ñocla.

Sonf@ has a reputation beyond repute Sonf@ has a reputation beyond repute Sonf@ has a reputation beyond repute Sonf@ has a reputation beyond repute Sonf@ has a reputation beyond repute Sonf@ has a reputation beyond repute Sonf@ has a reputation beyond repute Sonf@ has a reputation beyond repute Sonf@ has a reputation beyond repute Sonf@ has a reputation beyond repute Sonf@ has a reputation beyond repute
But that's not the case.

Lourdes was inmature enough to try a line of coke in a party that was taking place in barcelona. The coke remains is detectable for a couple of weeks, but its effect just lasts some hours. She tested positive at a doping-test made in Acapulco, so she didn't take it to improve her game.
our main preoccupation comes from the holy sky; when that blue roof starts falling smashing our worthless lives
we'd run undercover 'till the mankind finds evolution.
Sonf@ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4th, 2005, 10:40 AM   #9
Team WTAworld

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonfo
But that's not the case.

Lourdes was inmature enough to try a line of coke in a party that was taking place in barcelona. The coke remains is detectable for a couple of weeks, but its effect just lasts some hours. She tested positive at a doping-test made in Acapulco, so she didn't take it to improve her game.
Thats what I initially thought sonfo....
Old Dec 4th, 2005, 11:12 AM   #10
country flag jochem

jochem has much to be proud of jochem has much to be proud of jochem has much to be proud of jochem has much to be proud of jochem has much to be proud of jochem has much to be proud of jochem has much to be proud of jochem has much to be proud of jochem has much to be proud of jochem has much to be proud of jochem has much to be proud of
Quote:
I know who it was!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
MOMO!!!!! She thought after all these failed FO attempts she should try something stimulating to help her move that ass and finally win the thing... to bad it did not work out again...

World no.1 for 20 weeks

41 WTA Tour titles including 4 GS and 3 YEC

Australian Open '11 U.S. Open '05, '09, '10 WTA Championships '02, '03, '10
jochem is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4th, 2005, 12:58 PM   #11
country flag CooCooCachoo
Team WTAworld

CooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond repute CooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond repute CooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond repute CooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond repute CooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond repute CooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond repute CooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond repute CooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond repute CooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond repute CooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond repute CooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond repute
Mariano Hood?

Bemelmans|Camerin|Cornet|Crivoi|Cuevas|Dentoni|Dod ig|Garbin|Granollers
Hlavackova|Ilhan|Kohli|Kuznetsov|Lammer|Mannarino| Menendez|Phau|Polansky
Rezaï|Robredo|Roger-Vasselin|Srebotnik|Szavay|Wörle|Zverev

CooCooCachoo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4th, 2005, 01:52 PM   #12
Team WTAworld

Quote:
Originally Posted by CooCooCachoo
Mariano Hood?
Yeah, I read somewhere his defence was that he was using it to stop balding
Old Dec 4th, 2005, 02:41 PM   #13
Meesh

Meesh has a reputation beyond repute Meesh has a reputation beyond repute Meesh has a reputation beyond repute Meesh has a reputation beyond repute Meesh has a reputation beyond repute Meesh has a reputation beyond repute Meesh has a reputation beyond repute Meesh has a reputation beyond repute Meesh has a reputation beyond repute Meesh has a reputation beyond repute Meesh has a reputation beyond repute
Does ITF take over doping for WTA also? Or does WTA still oversee that?

If it was positive at the French Open wouldn't we have heard about it by now?
Meesh is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4th, 2005, 02:48 PM   #14
Team WTAworld

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meesh
Does ITF take over doping for WTA also? Or does WTA still oversee that?

If it was positive at the French Open wouldn't we have heard about it by now?
Yeah! I really wanna know who it is!

OMG what if it was Mah-ree! She suddenly started playing magnificently at Roland Garros But i dont think she would be so stupid
Old Dec 4th, 2005, 03:40 PM   #15
country flag Tripp

Tripp has a reputation beyond repute Tripp has a reputation beyond repute Tripp has a reputation beyond repute Tripp has a reputation beyond repute Tripp has a reputation beyond repute Tripp has a reputation beyond repute Tripp has a reputation beyond repute Tripp has a reputation beyond repute Tripp has a reputation beyond repute Tripp has a reputation beyond repute Tripp has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Also, do we know if this WTA player is also ffrom Argentina?
The player that tested positive reached, at least, the round if 16, as far as I've heard. And there was no WTA argentinian player there.

Quote:
Yeah, I read somewhere his defence was that he was using it to stop balding
I actually believe Mariano...Have you ever seen his head?. He's been progressively loosing his hair since a couple of years ago, and he's always trying to hide it.
...Which of course doesn't make it true that he's not guilty.
Tripp is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote