A great interview with Sesil Karatancheva! - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Dec 3rd, 2005, 06:08 PM   #1
country flag Louis Cyphre

Louis Cyphre has a reputation beyond repute Louis Cyphre has a reputation beyond repute Louis Cyphre has a reputation beyond repute Louis Cyphre has a reputation beyond repute Louis Cyphre has a reputation beyond repute Louis Cyphre has a reputation beyond repute Louis Cyphre has a reputation beyond repute Louis Cyphre has a reputation beyond repute Louis Cyphre has a reputation beyond repute Louis Cyphre has a reputation beyond repute Louis Cyphre has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up A great interview with Sesil Karatancheva!

Q: Do you feel grown up?You made a big jump from #127 to #35 at the rankig at you play QF at RG where you won vs Vinus Williams?

Sesil:It depends.Sometimes yes,sometimes no.In fact i`m just a child who plays vs the best and I have to grow up.I know that I`m not any more #650 and after me there is a lot of young players that want to "kick my ass"

Q: Nicole Vaidisova is at 16 too but she won three titles in a row but you didnt won anything.

Sesil:We spoked about that with my father.She start earlier than me to play in the big tournaments. Despite she is not a great talent she worked very much.Nicole make everything that her couch whant from her.The other difference between us is that she won Tier III tournaments.I dream myy first title to be from Tier I.

Q: What was the last season for you?

Sesil: I understand that I have to learn many things but even from loses like 0-6;1-6 I draw a lessons.For me is imortant that I won many matches and I go up in the ranking.

Q: Is there any hard moments the last year?

Sesil: Yes and that was before Filderstadt.I didnt play from one month and I have to play Q.I wasnt in form and I was scared.Everybody told that I`ll play worst after RG,I tried to prevent that but ... During the autumn it was very hard but I try to play good and sometimes it happends like vs Jankoivc.

Q: You look taller

Sesil: Yes I grown up with 5 cm.Now I`m 175 I`m faster now.I work hard on my physical condition.I move faster and I feel lighter on court than before.

Q:What is your goals for 2006?

Sesil: I stop to make plans.At RG i was thinking only for the next match and maybe thats why I reached QF.

Q: What is your schedule for January?

Sesil: At the end of December i`ll go to Australia when i`ll celebrate new year and I`ll train for AO.I`ll play in Gold Cost as the last year.

Q:What do you think about the chances for Bulgaria in FedCup?

Sesil: We can go through the playoffs.This year we played vs Japan when I wasnt in form and Japan was host.To play in Japan for FedCup it`s not easy.There was a lot of people who support Japan ,there was people with drums...But me and Tsetsi (Tsvetana Pironkova) are fighters and there will noone who can stop us in clay this year.This time we will have the drums

Q: But Magdalena Maleeva will not be in the team

Sesil: There is a lot of childs who are going after us.I see my sister - she will be a threat for me after some years

Q: Martina Hingis will be back on court the next year.Do you think that she can be N1 again?

Sesil: I spoke one year before with Martina and she told me that she will make this comeback.She didnt stop to train and she make it with great pleasure.3 hours each day in the fitness gym than 4 hours she play tennis .But the game is different now but I think that Hingis can change too.She is as fast as before so ...

Q: What about the school?

Sesil: It`s hard but from monday I`ll be 11 class (It`s the last year in the high school).I hope to continue my edication in the uiniversity after that.

Qo you miss Maggie Maleeva

Sesil: I was at her last match in Zurich and i was very sad.I cant imagine how she feels.Her success was stimulus for every bulgarian tennis player.

Q: What gift you will want from Santa Claus ?

Sesil: It`s been long time since i didnt write him a letters I want to be healthy.But i`ll wait for some surprise I will never forgot when I write a letter to Laplandia (not sure about the spelling ) and i want a cat and one day my father told me that there is a letter in the post office for me.I went to the post office and there was a cat for me After some years the woman who worked in the post office told me that for few days she was taking care for this cat becouse of my father

Q: Who is your fave word?

Sesil: "I know"

I translate that so sorry if there is an errors
Louis Cyphre is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 3rd, 2005, 06:17 PM   #2
country flag jfk

jfk is a splendid one to behold jfk is a splendid one to behold jfk is a splendid one to behold jfk is a splendid one to behold jfk is a splendid one to behold jfk is a splendid one to behold jfk is a splendid one to behold jfk is a splendid one to behold jfk is a splendid one to behold jfk is a splendid one to behold jfk is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Sesil:We spoked about that with my father.She start earlier than me to play in the big tournaments. Despite she is not a great talent she worked very much.Nicole make everything that her couch whant from her.The other difference between us is that she won Tier III tournaments.I dream myy first title to be from Tier I
That sounds like a dig. Or is it the rough translation?
jfk is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3rd, 2005, 06:36 PM   #3
country flag tennisrox

tennisrox has a reputation beyond repute tennisrox has a reputation beyond repute tennisrox has a reputation beyond repute tennisrox has a reputation beyond repute tennisrox has a reputation beyond repute tennisrox has a reputation beyond repute tennisrox has a reputation beyond repute tennisrox has a reputation beyond repute tennisrox has a reputation beyond repute tennisrox has a reputation beyond repute tennisrox has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avram Bakalina
Sesil:It depends.Sometimes yes,sometimes no.In fact i`m just a child who plays vs the best and I have to grow up.I know that I`m not any more #650 and after me there is a lot of young players that want to "kick my ass"

Sesil

Quote:
Q: Nicole Vaidisova is at 16 too but she won three titles in a row but you didnt won anything.

Sesil:We spoked about that with my father.She start earlier than me to play in the big tournaments. Despite she is not a great talent she worked very much.Nicole make everything that her couch whant from her.The other difference between us is that she won Tier III tournaments.I dream myy first title to be from Tier I.
I assume this is a mistake in translation,or Sesil will get torn apart in roughly 5 minutes....

I still,think she sounds adorable in this interview.

Roman Abramovich-tax cheat Jose Maurinho-Megalomaniac

Proud to be a Gunners fan. We're skint, but proud

tennisrox is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3rd, 2005, 06:44 PM   #4
country flag Maryamator

Maryamator has a reputation beyond repute Maryamator has a reputation beyond repute Maryamator has a reputation beyond repute Maryamator has a reputation beyond repute Maryamator has a reputation beyond repute Maryamator has a reputation beyond repute Maryamator has a reputation beyond repute Maryamator has a reputation beyond repute Maryamator has a reputation beyond repute Maryamator has a reputation beyond repute Maryamator has a reputation beyond repute
lol sesil is funny
Maryamator is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3rd, 2005, 07:01 PM   #5
clonesheep

clonesheep has a brilliant future clonesheep has a brilliant future clonesheep has a brilliant future clonesheep has a brilliant future clonesheep has a brilliant future clonesheep has a brilliant future clonesheep has a brilliant future clonesheep has a brilliant future clonesheep has a brilliant future clonesheep has a brilliant future clonesheep has a brilliant future
I guess the sentence about Vaidisova might have been misquoted. Sesil once said Vaidisova is her best friend on tour. They got to know each other when they trained in the Bolletieri Academy.
clonesheep is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3rd, 2005, 07:14 PM   #6

Louis Cyphre has a reputation beyond repute Louis Cyphre has a reputation beyond repute Louis Cyphre has a reputation beyond repute Louis Cyphre has a reputation beyond repute Louis Cyphre has a reputation beyond repute Louis Cyphre has a reputation beyond repute Louis Cyphre has a reputation beyond repute Louis Cyphre has a reputation beyond repute Louis Cyphre has a reputation beyond repute Louis Cyphre has a reputation beyond repute Louis Cyphre has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by clonesheep
I guess the sentence about Vaidisova might have been misquoted. Sesil once said Vaidisova is her best friend on tour. They got to know each other when they trained in the Bolletieri Academy.
Yeah and they played doubles I think...But it was a translation made by me (it means bad translation ) and that interview is taken from a newspaper who search for a sensation so i`m sure Sesil opinion about Nicole is more than good
Old Dec 3rd, 2005, 07:45 PM   #7
country flag pla

pla has a reputation beyond repute pla has a reputation beyond repute pla has a reputation beyond repute pla has a reputation beyond repute pla has a reputation beyond repute pla has a reputation beyond repute pla has a reputation beyond repute pla has a reputation beyond repute pla has a reputation beyond repute pla has a reputation beyond repute pla has a reputation beyond repute
Sesil and Nicole are very close and Sesil talked numerous times about Nicole's talent. So maybe the sentence should be writen like "even though she's a great talent, she works very hard.."

Avram, what's the original? От къде го взе? Интервюто е супер.
pla is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3rd, 2005, 08:05 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by pla
Sesil and Nicole are very close and Sesil talked numerous times about Nicole's talent. So maybe the sentence should be writen like "even though she's a great talent, she works very hard.."

Avram, what's the original? От къде го взе? Интервюто е супер.
http://www.7sport.net/7sport/forum/d4169_5.htm
BTW къде се изгуби,вече мислех че на Люксембург са му спрели интернета
Old Dec 3rd, 2005, 08:06 PM   #9
country flag FERLKE

FERLKE has a brilliant future FERLKE has a brilliant future FERLKE has a brilliant future FERLKE has a brilliant future FERLKE has a brilliant future FERLKE has a brilliant future FERLKE has a brilliant future FERLKE has a brilliant future FERLKE has a brilliant future FERLKE has a brilliant future FERLKE has a brilliant future
Sesil
Good luck in 2006!
FERLKE is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3rd, 2005, 08:06 PM   #10
country flag pla

pla has a reputation beyond repute pla has a reputation beyond repute pla has a reputation beyond repute pla has a reputation beyond repute pla has a reputation beyond repute pla has a reputation beyond repute pla has a reputation beyond repute pla has a reputation beyond repute pla has a reputation beyond repute pla has a reputation beyond repute pla has a reputation beyond repute
Ми кучешки неволи

Благодаря ти, благодаря и за превода

- The picture that goes with the article
pla is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3rd, 2005, 08:24 PM   #11
country flag BUBI
chaky yo booty

BUBI has a reputation beyond repute BUBI has a reputation beyond repute BUBI has a reputation beyond repute BUBI has a reputation beyond repute BUBI has a reputation beyond repute BUBI has a reputation beyond repute BUBI has a reputation beyond repute BUBI has a reputation beyond repute BUBI has a reputation beyond repute BUBI has a reputation beyond repute BUBI has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avram Bakalina

I like this part. Except that her first title should be a Grand Slam, not Tier I
BUBI is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4th, 2005, 09:46 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by eurotard
I like this part. Except that her first title should be a Grand Slam, not Tier I
yeah sounds better
Old Dec 4th, 2005, 09:53 AM   #13
country flag Maryamator

Maryamator has a reputation beyond repute Maryamator has a reputation beyond repute Maryamator has a reputation beyond repute Maryamator has a reputation beyond repute Maryamator has a reputation beyond repute Maryamator has a reputation beyond repute Maryamator has a reputation beyond repute Maryamator has a reputation beyond repute Maryamator has a reputation beyond repute Maryamator has a reputation beyond repute Maryamator has a reputation beyond repute
first title a gradslam yeah yeah
Maryamator is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4th, 2005, 10:00 AM   #14
country flag @m@nd@

@m@nd@ has a reputation beyond repute @m@nd@ has a reputation beyond repute @m@nd@ has a reputation beyond repute @m@nd@ has a reputation beyond repute @m@nd@ has a reputation beyond repute @m@nd@ has a reputation beyond repute @m@nd@ has a reputation beyond repute @m@nd@ has a reputation beyond repute @m@nd@ has a reputation beyond repute @m@nd@ has a reputation beyond repute @m@nd@ has a reputation beyond repute
"Despite she is not a great talent she worked very much.Nicole make everything that her couch whant from her.The other difference between us is that she won Tier III tournaments.I dream myy first title to be from Tier I."

u rock sesil
@m@nd@ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote