Hingis to give press conference on Saturday - might reveal a "pretty full" schedule - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Nov 30th, 2005, 02:22 PM   #1
country flag saphir1

saphir1 is a name known to all saphir1 is a name known to all saphir1 is a name known to all saphir1 is a name known to all saphir1 is a name known to all saphir1 is a name known to all saphir1 is a name known to all saphir1 is a name known to all saphir1 is a name known to all saphir1 is a name known to all saphir1 is a name known to all
Hingis to give press conference on Saturday - might reveal a "pretty full" schedule

article to be found on www.gotennis.com
saphir1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 30th, 2005, 02:58 PM   #2
auntie janie

auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up

Oh, good! Now we can hear her own words on what her plans are. I look forward to hearing it spelled out a little more.
auntie janie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30th, 2005, 03:28 PM   #3
country flag Williams Rulez
Team WTAworld

Williams Rulez has a reputation beyond repute Williams Rulez has a reputation beyond repute Williams Rulez has a reputation beyond repute Williams Rulez has a reputation beyond repute Williams Rulez has a reputation beyond repute Williams Rulez has a reputation beyond repute Williams Rulez has a reputation beyond repute Williams Rulez has a reputation beyond repute Williams Rulez has a reputation beyond repute Williams Rulez has a reputation beyond repute Williams Rulez has a reputation beyond repute
i wonder if she intends to dive right into the top tiered tournaments... or start from lower tiered ones...

Mary : Monica : Svetlana : Sania : Jennifer : Amelie
Roddick : Grosjean : David : Djokovic
Williams Rulez is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30th, 2005, 05:32 PM   #4
country flag FaceyFacem

FaceyFacem has a brilliant future FaceyFacem has a brilliant future FaceyFacem has a brilliant future FaceyFacem has a brilliant future FaceyFacem has a brilliant future FaceyFacem has a brilliant future FaceyFacem has a brilliant future FaceyFacem has a brilliant future FaceyFacem has a brilliant future FaceyFacem has a brilliant future FaceyFacem has a brilliant future
i hope she tries at least sydney before australia, and i think she should play australia for sure, since rebound ace has always been great for her
NEVER say "I don't care who wins, I just want good tennis"
FaceyFacem is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30th, 2005, 05:36 PM   #5
country flag JuanRodriguez

JuanRodriguez has much to be proud of JuanRodriguez has much to be proud of JuanRodriguez has much to be proud of JuanRodriguez has much to be proud of JuanRodriguez has much to be proud of JuanRodriguez has much to be proud of JuanRodriguez has much to be proud of JuanRodriguez has much to be proud of JuanRodriguez has much to be proud of JuanRodriguez has much to be proud of JuanRodriguez has much to be proud of
can someone post the article here? I'm not registered
JuanRodriguez is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30th, 2005, 05:37 PM   #6
pierce0415

pierce0415 has a reputation beyond repute pierce0415 has a reputation beyond repute pierce0415 has a reputation beyond repute pierce0415 has a reputation beyond repute pierce0415 has a reputation beyond repute pierce0415 has a reputation beyond repute pierce0415 has a reputation beyond repute pierce0415 has a reputation beyond repute pierce0415 has a reputation beyond repute pierce0415 has a reputation beyond repute pierce0415 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuanRodriguez
yes please. Or summarize it? thanks
pierce0415 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30th, 2005, 05:47 PM   #7
country flag creep

creep has a reputation beyond repute creep has a reputation beyond repute creep has a reputation beyond repute creep has a reputation beyond repute creep has a reputation beyond repute creep has a reputation beyond repute creep has a reputation beyond repute creep has a reputation beyond repute creep has a reputation beyond repute creep has a reputation beyond repute creep has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by janie
Oh, good! Now we can hear her own words on what her plans are. I look forward to hearing it spelled out a little more.
Feet permitting.
creep is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30th, 2005, 05:49 PM   #8
country flag A'DAM

A'DAM has a brilliant future A'DAM has a brilliant future A'DAM has a brilliant future A'DAM has a brilliant future A'DAM has a brilliant future A'DAM has a brilliant future A'DAM has a brilliant future A'DAM has a brilliant future A'DAM has a brilliant future A'DAM has a brilliant future A'DAM has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuanRodriguez

Im voting for it too
Old Nov 30th, 2005, 05:59 PM   #9
country flag KoOlMaNsEaN
Team WTAworld

KoOlMaNsEaN has a reputation beyond repute KoOlMaNsEaN has a reputation beyond repute KoOlMaNsEaN has a reputation beyond repute KoOlMaNsEaN has a reputation beyond repute KoOlMaNsEaN has a reputation beyond repute KoOlMaNsEaN has a reputation beyond repute KoOlMaNsEaN has a reputation beyond repute KoOlMaNsEaN has a reputation beyond repute KoOlMaNsEaN has a reputation beyond repute KoOlMaNsEaN has a reputation beyond repute KoOlMaNsEaN has a reputation beyond repute
BERN, Nov 30 (Reuters) - Martina Hingis will play a "pretty full" schedule next year, feet permitting, according to her manager Mario Widmer.

Speaking to Reuters the day after the former world number one from Switzerland announced her surprise comeback, Widmer said a lot still depended on how well Hingis coped physically.

"Martina has been thinking about a return throughout this year and made the decision gradually after seeing how much stronger her tennis was becoming," Widmer said on Wednesday.

"We haven't yet decided how many tournaments she will play, and she is certainly not setting any targets in terms of titles or world ranking places because she first has to see how her feet react."

Still only 25, the five times Grand Slam winner announced her retirement at the end of 2002 after undergoing two ligament operations.

Plagued by a string of foot, heel and ankle injuries, Hingis sued her former shoe suppliers Tacchini before the two sides reached an out-of-court settlement.

Widmer gave no details about where Hingis would make her tournament comeback. She plans to hold a news conference on Saturday in Zurich.

The Swiss is expected to be back on the professional circuit in time for January's Australian Open. A three times winner of the Melbourne grand slam, Hingis was told by organisers on Wednesday that a wild card would be available if required.

CAREER RELAUNCH

Hingis made a one-off comeback to the WTA Tour in February 2005, losing to Germany's Marlene Weingartner in the first round of Thailand's Pattaya tournament.

Many in the game saw that tournament as an attempt by Hingis to see if she could relaunch her professional career. However, the Swiss said a return to the sport was "inconceivable".

During her time away from the court, Hingis has perfected her English, worked as a tennis commentator and indulged her love of riding.

Her change of heart follows strong performances at exhibition tournaments as well as in World Team Tennis, an American team competition in which Hingis steered a New York side to victory in September.

"I have enjoyed my time away from the court, a period that has allowed me to experience a different side of life," Hingis said in a statement on Tuesday.

"However, I miss the game and the challenge of competing at the highest level of tennis, and I want to gauge whether I can stay healthy and compete against today's top players."

Her return will give a further fillip to a women's circuit which has rarely been so open. Four different players won the four grand slams in 2005, Lindsay Davenport ended the year as number one and Amelie Mauresmo won the year-ending Masters Cup.

"For fans of women's tennis, Martina's return will add another level of excitement to the sport and enhance the incredible rivalries and roster of big-name stars," said Larry Scott, chief executive officer of the WTA Tour.

"Her passion for the game has never wavered and we look forward to her return."

Ana Ivanovic, Serena Williams, Eugenie Bouchard

KoOlMaNsEaN is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30th, 2005, 06:00 PM   #10
country flag A'DAM

A'DAM has a brilliant future A'DAM has a brilliant future A'DAM has a brilliant future A'DAM has a brilliant future A'DAM has a brilliant future A'DAM has a brilliant future A'DAM has a brilliant future A'DAM has a brilliant future A'DAM has a brilliant future A'DAM has a brilliant future A'DAM has a brilliant future
Thanks!
Old Nov 30th, 2005, 06:58 PM   #11
country flag tennisboi

tennisboi has a reputation beyond repute tennisboi has a reputation beyond repute tennisboi has a reputation beyond repute tennisboi has a reputation beyond repute tennisboi has a reputation beyond repute tennisboi has a reputation beyond repute tennisboi has a reputation beyond repute tennisboi has a reputation beyond repute tennisboi has a reputation beyond repute tennisboi has a reputation beyond repute tennisboi has a reputation beyond repute
Sounds great
tennisboi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30th, 2005, 07:07 PM   #12
country flag hablo

hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute
allez Martina !!

GO all Canuck players GO
hablo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30th, 2005, 08:19 PM   #13
country flag dinhd82

dinhd82 has a brilliant future dinhd82 has a brilliant future dinhd82 has a brilliant future dinhd82 has a brilliant future dinhd82 has a brilliant future dinhd82 has a brilliant future dinhd82 has a brilliant future dinhd82 has a brilliant future dinhd82 has a brilliant future dinhd82 has a brilliant future dinhd82 has a brilliant future
OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!! I'm still not over the shock!

Now and forever, I'll remember.
dinhd82 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1st, 2005, 01:15 AM   #14
country flag fOxYLiCiOuS

fOxYLiCiOuS has a reputation beyond repute fOxYLiCiOuS has a reputation beyond repute fOxYLiCiOuS has a reputation beyond repute fOxYLiCiOuS has a reputation beyond repute fOxYLiCiOuS has a reputation beyond repute fOxYLiCiOuS has a reputation beyond repute fOxYLiCiOuS has a reputation beyond repute fOxYLiCiOuS has a reputation beyond repute fOxYLiCiOuS has a reputation beyond repute fOxYLiCiOuS has a reputation beyond repute fOxYLiCiOuS has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks.

fOxYLiCiOuS is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1st, 2005, 02:26 AM   #15
country flag *JR*

*JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute
I wonder how much the so-called Appearance Fee Opens (Doha & Dubai) offer her to enter. (I'm guessing about 400K for Doha and 600K for Dubai, based on actually playing). I just hope she doesn't take WC's @ events where she doesn't really expect to play, just to help advance ticket sales.