My idea of a good schedule for Hingis - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Nov 30th, 2005, 05:12 AM   #1
Volcana

Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute
My idea of a good schedule for Hingis

Pattaya, Bogota, Acapulco, then take a nice long break and see where I am. If things are going well, come to the States for Amelia Island, then Estoril, Prague, then Roland Garros. I wouldn't go near a Tier I til San Diego, maybe even the Canadian Open. I also wouldn't bother with Wimbledon unless I had had NO problems with my feet.

If she's winning those smaller events, she has a good chance of being seeded for the US Open. But there's nothing to be gained by meeting top ten players in the first round her first couple months back. If things are going REALLY well, playing BErlin instead of Prague is practicable.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 30th, 2005, 05:17 AM   #2
country flag Hayato

Hayato has a reputation beyond repute Hayato has a reputation beyond repute Hayato has a reputation beyond repute Hayato has a reputation beyond repute Hayato has a reputation beyond repute Hayato has a reputation beyond repute Hayato has a reputation beyond repute Hayato has a reputation beyond repute Hayato has a reputation beyond repute Hayato has a reputation beyond repute Hayato has a reputation beyond repute
It would be great if she played Bogota. Someone needs to show up there to promote WTA tennis in South America. Dulko, Castano and Salerni are the only successful female players from there at the moment
Hayato is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30th, 2005, 05:17 AM   #3
country flag Ceecor

Ceecor is a name known to all Ceecor is a name known to all Ceecor is a name known to all Ceecor is a name known to all Ceecor is a name known to all Ceecor is a name known to all Ceecor is a name known to all Ceecor is a name known to all Ceecor is a name known to all Ceecor is a name known to all Ceecor is a name known to all
That all sounds good....BUTT
as you know, most people here will be more concerned if she is wearing a thong.
Ceecor is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30th, 2005, 06:02 AM   #4
country flag Wannabeknowitall

Wannabeknowitall has a reputation beyond repute Wannabeknowitall has a reputation beyond repute Wannabeknowitall has a reputation beyond repute Wannabeknowitall has a reputation beyond repute Wannabeknowitall has a reputation beyond repute Wannabeknowitall has a reputation beyond repute Wannabeknowitall has a reputation beyond repute Wannabeknowitall has a reputation beyond repute Wannabeknowitall has a reputation beyond repute Wannabeknowitall has a reputation beyond repute Wannabeknowitall has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volcana
Pattaya, Bogota, Acapulco, then take a nice long break and see where I am. If things are going well, come to the States for Amelia Island, then Estoril, Prague, then Roland Garros. I wouldn't go near a Tier I til San Diego, maybe even the Canadian Open. I also wouldn't bother with Wimbledon unless I had had NO problems with my feet.

If she's winning those smaller events, she has a good chance of being seeded for the US Open. But there's nothing to be gained by meeting top ten players in the first round her first couple months back. If things are going REALLY well, playing BErlin instead of Prague is practicable.
This is the schedule I think would be good for her. I still think she could still play well in Tokyo. I don't think it's a bad idea.
Then Pattaya, Bogata, Aculpulco, Indian Wells, Amelia Island, Charleston Estoril, Strasbrough, Roland Garros, Eastbourne, Wimbledon, Stanford, Toronto, US Open, Luxembough, Zurich, Hasselt.

I don't think it's smart to resort to advoiding the top players early on. Well not fully. Just play tournis where there won't be too many or where she knows she has the advantage. Not many top players play Indian Wells. Well the ones she has issues with. She does well on green clay.

After a while though she needs to stop playing the smaller tournis unless she feels that she absolutely has to.

Black presidents of the US=1
Black head coaches in the SEC=0
Something needs to change.
Wannabeknowitall is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30th, 2005, 06:12 AM   #5
country flag jfk

jfk is a splendid one to behold jfk is a splendid one to behold jfk is a splendid one to behold jfk is a splendid one to behold jfk is a splendid one to behold jfk is a splendid one to behold jfk is a splendid one to behold jfk is a splendid one to behold jfk is a splendid one to behold jfk is a splendid one to behold jfk is a splendid one to behold
Quote:

You want her first big tournament to be Amelia Island, an event she's played only once and where she only made the quarters? She's going to stick to tournaments she feels comfortable at, like Tokyo and Indian Wells.

I don't see why anyone would advocate her skipping the AO season. It's a great opportunity for her to test out a comeback in a part of the year where she has excelled in the past. Even if she stumbles, she can go to smaller tourneys like Pattaya afterwards and not feel deflated, knowing that she aimed high. On the other hand, playing tourneys like Pattaya first and losing could be a disaster for her and her motivation.
jfk is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30th, 2005, 06:25 AM   #6
country flag switz

switz has a reputation beyond repute switz has a reputation beyond repute switz has a reputation beyond repute switz has a reputation beyond repute switz has a reputation beyond repute switz has a reputation beyond repute switz has a reputation beyond repute switz has a reputation beyond repute switz has a reputation beyond repute switz has a reputation beyond repute switz has a reputation beyond repute
i'm sure she knows what's good for her.
switz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30th, 2005, 06:33 AM   #7

Wannabeknowitall has a reputation beyond repute Wannabeknowitall has a reputation beyond repute Wannabeknowitall has a reputation beyond repute Wannabeknowitall has a reputation beyond repute Wannabeknowitall has a reputation beyond repute Wannabeknowitall has a reputation beyond repute Wannabeknowitall has a reputation beyond repute Wannabeknowitall has a reputation beyond repute Wannabeknowitall has a reputation beyond repute Wannabeknowitall has a reputation beyond repute Wannabeknowitall has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfk
You want her first big tournament to be Amelia Island, an event she's played only once and where she only made the quarters? She's going to stick to tournaments she feels comfortable at, like Tokyo and Indian Wells.

I don't see why anyone would advocate her skipping the AO season. It's a great opportunity for her to test out a comeback in a part of the year where she has excelled in the past. Even if she stumbles, she can go to smaller tourneys like Pattaya afterwards and not feel deflated, knowing that she aimed high. On the other hand, playing tourneys like Pattaya first and losing could be a disaster for her and her motivation.
I don't think she's going to be fit that early in the year. I don't see a reason for playing if she isn't fit. I know her record the AO is good but she was always good early in the year because she was prepared for it. I don't think she will be in Janurary. I know it might be bad to lose to someone ranked low at Pattaya but what if she gets lucky at the AO and plays a wildcard and loses badly. Wouldn't that deflate her even more?
I think she should probably start her season at Tokyo. She's done very well there. Not too many of the top players play there. Many of them are tired from playing in the AO, so if she's lucky she might get one of the top players on an off day.

Old Nov 30th, 2005, 07:05 AM   #8
country flag !!!--Duiz™--!!!
Team WTAworld

!!!--Duiz™--!!! has a reputation beyond repute !!!--Duiz™--!!! has a reputation beyond repute !!!--Duiz™--!!! has a reputation beyond repute !!!--Duiz™--!!! has a reputation beyond repute !!!--Duiz™--!!! has a reputation beyond repute !!!--Duiz™--!!! has a reputation beyond repute !!!--Duiz™--!!! has a reputation beyond repute !!!--Duiz™--!!! has a reputation beyond repute !!!--Duiz™--!!! has a reputation beyond repute !!!--Duiz™--!!! has a reputation beyond repute !!!--Duiz™--!!! has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennyboy
It would be great if she played Bogota. Someone needs to show up there to promote WTA tennis in South America. Dulko, Castano and Salerni are the only successful female players from there at the moment
Not even with Hingis there things would change....

As a matter of fact... I would play in Colombia if I were her... It is damn too risky..

Supernova Sharapova

0009..Eternal Follower of Golden Girl
The Official Violin Player in Kirlenko's Orchestra
!!!--Duiz™--!!! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30th, 2005, 07:11 AM   #9
Volcana

Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfk
I don't see why anyone would advocate her skipping the AO season.
Actually, I started at Pattaya 'cause that's the tournament she said she was going to play first. As for Artificial Intelligence, it isn't the ideal tournament, but I fiured she needed a tournament between Acapulco and Estoril. At any rate, I definitely would avoid hard courts for the first six months. No IW, no Miami. Stick to clay. If she feels the need to face top players, Charleston, Berlin and Rome all offer that opportunity. But it's important she NOT play too much the first six months. She's a good indoor player, Luxemborg, Filderstadt, Zurich, Moscow, Linz offers a fine opportunity to pick up points after she's sure her body will hold up.

If Hingis gets through this season injury-free, and ends up inthe top twenty, she might play for another five years. That's what I'm hoping for.
Old Nov 30th, 2005, 07:15 AM   #10
country flag VeeReeDavJCap81

VeeReeDavJCap81 has a reputation beyond repute VeeReeDavJCap81 has a reputation beyond repute VeeReeDavJCap81 has a reputation beyond repute VeeReeDavJCap81 has a reputation beyond repute VeeReeDavJCap81 has a reputation beyond repute VeeReeDavJCap81 has a reputation beyond repute VeeReeDavJCap81 has a reputation beyond repute VeeReeDavJCap81 has a reputation beyond repute VeeReeDavJCap81 has a reputation beyond repute VeeReeDavJCap81 has a reputation beyond repute VeeReeDavJCap81 has a reputation beyond repute
Whatever her schedule might be, she'll have to play her way into form. I hope she sticks with it even if she has a few tough losses in the beginning.
Old Nov 30th, 2005, 07:41 AM   #11
country flag Hingiswinsthis

Hingiswinsthis has much to be proud of Hingiswinsthis has much to be proud of Hingiswinsthis has much to be proud of Hingiswinsthis has much to be proud of Hingiswinsthis has much to be proud of Hingiswinsthis has much to be proud of Hingiswinsthis has much to be proud of Hingiswinsthis has much to be proud of Hingiswinsthis has much to be proud of Hingiswinsthis has much to be proud of Hingiswinsthis has much to be proud of
oh she will definitely have tough loses in the beginning ala that Weingartner match. but she should swallow her pride and realize she now have to play even better and more physical than when she left the game. It's not impossible to win again, but it will take time. I agree that she's better off playing Tier III and TIV events to get her game rolling and confidence going. It's a long, long, road back for her.

I'm guessing she's training extensively in Saddle Brook during this off season. Otherwise, she wouldn't say she was coming back if she wasn't training.
Hingiswinsthis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30th, 2005, 07:45 AM   #12
LefandePatty

LefandePatty has a reputation beyond repute LefandePatty has a reputation beyond repute LefandePatty has a reputation beyond repute LefandePatty has a reputation beyond repute LefandePatty has a reputation beyond repute LefandePatty has a reputation beyond repute LefandePatty has a reputation beyond repute LefandePatty has a reputation beyond repute LefandePatty has a reputation beyond repute LefandePatty has a reputation beyond repute LefandePatty has a reputation beyond repute
PLEASE Marti, play Zürich !!!!!
I want to see you !
Seeing Patty and Marti in a tournament, my DREAM
+ play with Patty in doubles
LefandePatty is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30th, 2005, 07:59 AM   #13

Quote:
Actually, I started at Pattaya 'cause that's the tournament she said she was going to play first. As for Artificial Intelligence, it isn't the ideal tournament, but I fiured she needed a tournament between Acapulco and Estoril. At any rate, I definitely would avoid hard courts for the first six months. No IW, no Miami. Stick to clay. If she feels the need to face top players, Charleston, Berlin and Rome all offer that opportunity. But it's important she NOT play too much the first six months. She's a good indoor player, Luxemborg, Filderstadt, Zurich, Moscow, Linz offers a fine opportunity to pick up points after she's sure her body will hold up.

If Hingis gets through this season injury-free, and ends up inthe top twenty, she might play for another five years. That's what I'm hoping for.
It sounds good but I don't see a reason why she should not try to play 17 tournis. I mean she can try and if her body breaks down then ok. Retire again.
Lindsay is ranked number one at this time but most people even her fans can see that she's holding back hoping her body holds up long enough that someone gives her a slam.
It isn't going to happen though. She's going to have to work hard for it. Even at Hingis' age the clock is ticking. What's the point of staying in the game five more years if she really isn't going to go after the thing she really wants, another slam?
I'm sure she's going to say like Kim that she missed the game. I'm sure she does. She also misses the attention of winning big titles just like I'm sure Kim missed as well (for like a month, girl doesn't miss a beat).

Old Nov 30th, 2005, 10:31 AM   #14
country flag KimC&MariaSNo1's

KimC&MariaSNo1's has a reputation beyond repute KimC&MariaSNo1's has a reputation beyond repute KimC&MariaSNo1's has a reputation beyond repute KimC&MariaSNo1's has a reputation beyond repute KimC&MariaSNo1's has a reputation beyond repute KimC&MariaSNo1's has a reputation beyond repute KimC&MariaSNo1's has a reputation beyond repute KimC&MariaSNo1's has a reputation beyond repute KimC&MariaSNo1's has a reputation beyond repute KimC&MariaSNo1's has a reputation beyond repute KimC&MariaSNo1's has a reputation beyond repute
i think she must have been preparing for this for a while and im sure she will be ready for a return in Australia she always has a nack for being ready for that time of year.
KimC&MariaSNo1's is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30th, 2005, 10:53 AM   #15
AlwaysGraf

AlwaysGraf has disabled reputation
How time does fly...

Seems like only yesterday I remember Hingis playing Graf first round of Wimbledon 1995....now someone mentions they hope she plays for another 5 yrs where she will be 30- crazy
AlwaysGraf is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote