Martina to win the French Open? - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 2nd, 2002, 11:26 PM   #1
Celeste

Celeste is just really nice Celeste is just really nice Celeste is just really nice Celeste is just really nice Celeste is just really nice Celeste is just really nice Celeste is just really nice Celeste is just really nice Celeste is just really nice Celeste is just really nice Celeste is just really nice
Martina to win the French Open?

I just received my latest edition of Tennis magazine. And for the first time in a long time, Chris Evert, on her page there in the front, predicts a Jennifer/Serena final. I won't go into all the details of her article, but maybe the "Chris" curse on Martina is lifted. Fans of Jennifer and Serena need to worry now!

And, for those of us who view Chris' "expert" analysis as no better than ours, Chris concludes, "I still don't have a clue in 2002." I think she's trying to say this year has been unpredictable but the sentence can be read in another way that is quite comical if you're not a fan of Chris' commentating (I loved her as a player, she, imo, stinks as a commentator/predictor).

Another bizarrely ominous thing here, I'm not sure Chris meant to say this, she writes, "If she [Martina] wins another Slam title, whatever and whenever it is, it'll be very sweet." Notice the use of the word "if" rather than "when." I'm not sure this was something Chris did intentionally or not. Given her statement I mentioned above, I think it's just an oversight on her part!

Speaking of curses, I just realized that Iva "cheated" the Curse of Sandrine Testud when she won Family Circle Cup. Iva always is breaking the rules, lol!
Celeste is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 2nd, 2002, 11:48 PM   #2
deftman

deftman is a glorious beacon of light deftman is a glorious beacon of light deftman is a glorious beacon of light deftman is a glorious beacon of light deftman is a glorious beacon of light deftman is a glorious beacon of light deftman is a glorious beacon of light deftman is a glorious beacon of light deftman is a glorious beacon of light deftman is a glorious beacon of light deftman is a glorious beacon of light
It'll be a Jen Kim or Jen Henin final
deftman is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2002, 12:01 AM   #3
country flag Bright Red

Bright Red has much to be proud of Bright Red has much to be proud of Bright Red has much to be proud of Bright Red has much to be proud of Bright Red has much to be proud of Bright Red has much to be proud of Bright Red has much to be proud of Bright Red has much to be proud of Bright Red has much to be proud of Bright Red has much to be proud of Bright Red has much to be proud of
Re: Martina to win the French Open?

Quote:
Originally posted by Celeste
...maybe the "Chris" curse on Martina is lifted. Fans of Jennifer and Serena need to worry now!...
LMAO!

I just hope Chris continues her anti-Williams campaign.
Bright Red is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2002, 12:08 AM   #4
country flag Ryan
NeverWoz

Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute
YES! *feels the curse around Marti being lifted*

Now Martina can FINALLY do it! It's about time Evert gave the kiss of death to other players!
Ryan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2002, 12:13 AM   #5
country flag herodoto

herodoto has disabled reputation
serena in the final? no wayyyyy. martina will be there, and chrissy is hurry we need to wait for the draws, maybe serena and jen will face each other in the semifinals or even in quarterfinals
allez martina!!!

herodoto is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2002, 12:20 AM   #6
country flag Martian Martin
Team WTAworld
The Martian Llama

Martian Martin has a brilliant future Martian Martin has a brilliant future Martian Martin has a brilliant future Martian Martin has a brilliant future Martian Martin has a brilliant future Martian Martin has a brilliant future Martian Martin has a brilliant future Martian Martin has a brilliant future Martian Martin has a brilliant future Martian Martin has a brilliant future Martian Martin has a brilliant future
Well done Chrissie!!
Martian Martin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2002, 12:27 AM   #7
TeeRexx

TeeRexx is just really nice TeeRexx is just really nice TeeRexx is just really nice TeeRexx is just really nice TeeRexx is just really nice TeeRexx is just really nice TeeRexx is just really nice TeeRexx is just really nice TeeRexx is just really nice TeeRexx is just really nice TeeRexx is just really nice
Wow, thanks Chris.

Your prediction just about guarantees an RG win by VENUS!

Yeah!
TeeRexx is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2002, 12:47 AM   #8
country flag Berlin_Calling

Berlin_Calling has a reputation beyond repute Berlin_Calling has a reputation beyond repute Berlin_Calling has a reputation beyond repute Berlin_Calling has a reputation beyond repute Berlin_Calling has a reputation beyond repute Berlin_Calling has a reputation beyond repute Berlin_Calling has a reputation beyond repute Berlin_Calling has a reputation beyond repute Berlin_Calling has a reputation beyond repute Berlin_Calling has a reputation beyond repute Berlin_Calling has a reputation beyond repute
Why is it that my Tennis Magazine comes after everybody elses always?

mary pierce - forever #1
vaidisova - kournikova - golovin - henin
the boys - federer - gasquet - del potro - haase - nishikori
Berlin_Calling is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2002, 02:07 AM   #9
country flag CanIGetAWhat
♥ All-American Reject

CanIGetAWhat has a reputation beyond repute CanIGetAWhat has a reputation beyond repute CanIGetAWhat has a reputation beyond repute CanIGetAWhat has a reputation beyond repute CanIGetAWhat has a reputation beyond repute CanIGetAWhat has a reputation beyond repute CanIGetAWhat has a reputation beyond repute CanIGetAWhat has a reputation beyond repute CanIGetAWhat has a reputation beyond repute CanIGetAWhat has a reputation beyond repute CanIGetAWhat has a reputation beyond repute
OMG Chris didn't predict Martina to win?!

aww, shucks, she predicted martina to win the french open since 1997, why stop now?

CanIGetAWhat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2002, 02:18 AM   #10
country flag brickhousesupporter

brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute
Why the hell did she have to go and mention Serena's name. Chris stick to what you do best. Keep predicting martina to win.
Old May 3rd, 2002, 02:39 AM   #11
country flag Fingon

Fingon has a reputation beyond repute Fingon has a reputation beyond repute Fingon has a reputation beyond repute Fingon has a reputation beyond repute Fingon has a reputation beyond repute Fingon has a reputation beyond repute Fingon has a reputation beyond repute Fingon has a reputation beyond repute Fingon has a reputation beyond repute Fingon has a reputation beyond repute Fingon has a reputation beyond repute
Chris concludes, "I still don't have a clue in 2002."

First time I agree with Chris
Fingon is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2002, 03:36 AM   #12
Dawn Marie

Dawn Marie has a reputation beyond repute Dawn Marie has a reputation beyond repute Dawn Marie has a reputation beyond repute Dawn Marie has a reputation beyond repute Dawn Marie has a reputation beyond repute Dawn Marie has a reputation beyond repute Dawn Marie has a reputation beyond repute Dawn Marie has a reputation beyond repute Dawn Marie has a reputation beyond repute Dawn Marie has a reputation beyond repute Dawn Marie has a reputation beyond repute
Chris's curse doesn't work toward the Williams family.

Venus won US Open last year, and Chrissy said she would.

Everytime I hear about Chris, I think about her Wimbeldon remark, commentating about how a one hand backhand is a LIABILITY on grass. I just want to ask her what does she think when she watching tennis??

LMAO
Only then will you find that money cannot be eaten. "Cree Native American Prophecy"
Dawn Marie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote