Pranjala Yadlapalli - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 13th, 2015, 12:16 AM   #1
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute
Pranjala Yadlapalli

I thought I would be an good idea to create an Thread for Pranjala, She currently 15 teen years old, an raising star coming out of India & coached Ilyas Ghouse. she currently ranked at an career high of 43 atm on the junior ranking, after winning her first Grade 1 event in Thailand. Hoping she can continue to climb up the junior ranks throughout the yr.

Biography

Name: Pranjala Yadlapalli
Born: March 30, 1999 (15 years old)
Birth Place: Guntur, India
Height : N/A
Right Handed: (Double Handed Backhand)
Trains: N/A
Coach: Ilyas Ghouse
Age Started Tennis: 6
Favourite Surface: Clay
Career High WTA Ranking: Unranked
Career High ITF Junior Ranking: 43
Current ITF Junior Ranking: 43

Titles Won & Achievements

2014: 18&U India ITF Junior-1 G3
2014: 18&U Hyderabad ITF Juniors G4
2015: 18&U India ITF Junior 1 G3
2015: 18&U Chang Thailand ITF Junior G1

Double

2013: 18&U India ITF Junior 2 - Delhi G2

S. Stephens | M. Keys | A. Riske | C. Vandeweghe | J. Hampton | T. Townsend | V. Duval | S. Vickery | S. Crawford

L. Chirico | Cici. Bellis |T. Black | H. Black | J. Daniel | M. Gordon | S. Kenin | W. Osuigwe | M. Shishkina | G. Faith Andrews
Trey is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 13th, 2015, 12:23 AM   #2
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Pranjala Yadlapalli

In the right direction

Quote:
Young talent Yadlapalli Pranjala is being mentored by Ilyas Ghouse for international tourneys

Former national player Ilyas Ghouse knows what exactly young talent like Yadlapalli Pranjala needs to move up in the tennis circuit. Emerging Indian tennis talent in juniors, Pranjala, has finally lived up to the expectations picking her maiden ITF title when she won the Grade I even in Bangkok last week-end.

Pranjala was initially nurtured by Sanjay at the Sun-Jay Tennis Academy at ASCI Courts before moving over to Ilyas three years ago when her ranking was hovering around 1200. The steady progress in Pranjala, sponsored by GVK Foundation, also saw her ranking improve dramatically to No. 42 now. A remarkable achievement given the fact that this young Hyderabadi can now play in the French Open and the Wimbledon Juniors as a direct entry.

Clearly fine-tuning her skills at the GVK Tennis Academy where Ilyas is the Director, Pranjala has every reason to believe that she can look far beyond the juniors’ circuit now.

“Honestly, Pranjala has the inherent qualities to be a champion tennis player. A wonderful talent and very enthusiastic learner. Never gives up till she masters a stroke if some improvement is suggested,” reminds Ilyas, who produced quite a few national champions in different age groups.

Ilyas makes his ward train not just at the GVK Academy but also at the LB Stadium Tennis complex to master the nuances of playing on the synthetic surfaces there. “These days you have to be good on different courts to be a player to watch out for,” insists the mentor.

“Pranjala is gradually maturing as a competitor. Mental toughness and improved physical fitness will be the key components to her growth in order to compete with the best in the world,” he points out.

For her part, Pranjala is excited about her possible participation at the French open and Wimbledon junior championships this year. “I am working hard at improving my fitness and certain aspects of my game. I am thankful to the GVK Foundation and especially to GVK Sir for always lending the moral support. This enables me to focus on the game as there are no distractions,” says the young champion. “Yes, Ilyas sir has had a huge influence on me - both as a player and as a personality. The best part is he knows which key events I should take part in and does all the planning besides coaching me with all the intensity and dedication,” she says.

It is only a question of time before the big question - is Pranjala the next best bet from Hyderabad? - is answered.

S. Stephens | M. Keys | A. Riske | C. Vandeweghe | J. Hampton | T. Townsend | V. Duval | S. Vickery | S. Crawford

L. Chirico | Cici. Bellis |T. Black | H. Black | J. Daniel | M. Gordon | S. Kenin | W. Osuigwe | M. Shishkina | G. Faith Andrews
Trey is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote