Davenport, Sharapova both OUT - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Nov 1st, 2005, 09:05 PM   #1
country flag slyde2

slyde2 is a splendid one to behold slyde2 is a splendid one to behold slyde2 is a splendid one to behold slyde2 is a splendid one to behold slyde2 is a splendid one to behold slyde2 is a splendid one to behold slyde2 is a splendid one to behold slyde2 is a splendid one to behold slyde2 is a splendid one to behold slyde2 is a splendid one to behold slyde2 is a splendid one to behold
Davenport, Sharapova both OUT

Thanks to safinforlife for first posting this in General Messages. Comes from today's Philadelphia Inquirer, and you can find the story at www.philly.com under Sports.

Sharapova, Davenport withdraw from Advanta

Inquirer staff reports

Tennis superstars Lindsay Davenport and Maria Sharapova have withdrawn from this week's Advanta Championships at Villanova.

Davenport has been diagnosed with the flu while Sharapova recently suffered a right thumb sprain during off-court training, according to a news release from the tournament.

"I am very disappointed that I am unable to play the Advanta Championships this week," Davenport stated. "The city of Philadelphia and tournament have been fantastic supporters of women's tennis and I know will once again put on a great event. The city has always been great to me, in particular Dennis Alter (Chairman and CEO Advanta)."

Davenport added, "I am looking forward to getting healthy and defending my year-end No.1 ranking at the Sony Ericsson WTA Tour Championships in Los Angeles next week."

Sharapova also expressed her disappointment in being unable to compete in Philadelphia. "I am extremely disappointed to have to withdraw from the Advanta Championships because of a right thumb sprain. I was hoping that it would be better by now but unfortunately I am not yet able to play.

"The Advanta Championships is a great event and Philadelphia has some of the world's best tennis fans.

"I am concentrating on getting healthy and plan on defending my Sony Ericsson WTA Tour Championships title next week in Los Angeles."

Top seeds at the Advanta Championships include two-time defending champion Amelie Mauresmo, who is undefeated in Philadelphia holding a 7-0 win-loss record, and two-time Grand Slam finalist Elena Dementieva, making her debut appearance, tournament officials said.

Both Davenport and Sharapova's next scheduled event is the Sony Ericsson WTA Tour Championships.
slyde2 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 2nd, 2005, 03:09 AM   #2
country flag azmad_88

azmad_88 has a reputation beyond repute azmad_88 has a reputation beyond repute azmad_88 has a reputation beyond repute azmad_88 has a reputation beyond repute azmad_88 has a reputation beyond repute azmad_88 has a reputation beyond repute azmad_88 has a reputation beyond repute azmad_88 has a reputation beyond repute azmad_88 has a reputation beyond repute azmad_88 has a reputation beyond repute azmad_88 has a reputation beyond repute
well..who take their places?

Petra Kvitova - Svetlana Kuznetsova - Li Na - Sloane Stephens - Madison Keys

Will Always Love Kim Clijsters and Elena Dementieva
azmad_88 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote