Sofia 2013 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 21st, 2013, 06:55 PM   #1
country flag JimM

JimM is a splendid one to behold JimM is a splendid one to behold JimM is a splendid one to behold JimM is a splendid one to behold JimM is a splendid one to behold JimM is a splendid one to behold JimM is a splendid one to behold JimM is a splendid one to behold JimM is a splendid one to behold JimM is a splendid one to behold JimM is a splendid one to behold
Sofia 2013

WTA Tournament of Champions, Sofia

Final list of players:

14. Simona Halep
16. Ana Ivanovic
18. Maria Kirilenko
19. Samantha Stosur
25. Elena Vesnina
26. Anastasia Pavluchenkova
27. Alize Cornet
118. Tsvetana Pironkova

Thanks to Jorn for updated list
JimM is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 22nd, 2013, 09:00 AM   #2
country flag Iblis

Iblis has a brilliant future Iblis has a brilliant future Iblis has a brilliant future Iblis has a brilliant future Iblis has a brilliant future Iblis has a brilliant future Iblis has a brilliant future Iblis has a brilliant future Iblis has a brilliant future Iblis has a brilliant future Iblis has a brilliant future
Re: Sofia 2013

As I said in Fed Cup thread, the level is high this year, tough field.
I'd love to see Ivanovic, Vesnina and Pironkova in Kiri group.

Wickmayer | Vesnina | Robson | Giorgi | Pironkova

Sharapova, Petrova, Makarova and all the Russian girls
Iblis is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22nd, 2013, 06:52 PM   #3
the cat

the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck to Makiri in Sofia. Too bad Kiri is in Sofia to be honest. A shame really. So 3/4 of the Russian Fed Cup team has chosen to play for money in a small event in Sofia rather than play for pride and love of country in the Fed Cup final? After reading Kiri's quote last week about being unsure what her final even of 2013 would be I knew it would be Sofia and the zero amount of pressure there. Ekat and Vesnina are one doubles team that can beat Errani and Vinci. I wonder if Tarpischev is pissed off. I would not blame him. Sure Kiri would struggle against Errani but she would have a shot against Vinci and both Italians play worse under pressure filled matches and the Fed Cup final will be pressure filled matches for them.

To me it looks like these 3 said no pressure and appearance fees in Sofia or the pressure of the Fed Cup final on the road and took the easy way out.
Happiness is like a cat. If you try to coax it or call it, it will avoid you. It will never come. But if you pay no attention to it and go about your business, you'll find it rubbing up against your legs and jumping into your lap. - William Bennett

http://cornedbeefhash.files.wordpres...arcelona08.jpg

Last edited by the cat : Oct 22nd, 2013 at 07:00 PM.
the cat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24th, 2013, 11:52 AM   #4
country flag MaKiri94
#SupportSerbia

MaKiri94 has much to be proud of MaKiri94 has much to be proud of MaKiri94 has much to be proud of MaKiri94 has much to be proud of MaKiri94 has much to be proud of MaKiri94 has much to be proud of MaKiri94 has much to be proud of MaKiri94 has much to be proud of MaKiri94 has much to be proud of MaKiri94 has much to be proud of MaKiri94 has much to be proud of

Здраво everyone!! I'm back!! Went to Croatia for a few weeks for a nice holiday and could not access the TennisForum there
I can see that a lot has changed since my last time here with Tiny Maria Hope she is okay Could someone be kind enough to fill me in on what has happened to Maria Kiri .

Anyways Good luck to Tiny Kiri in Sofia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecig View Post
And people said this is better that WTA jajaja, any WTa match is better than this clown
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSMnadal View Post
lol, most WTA matches end in 6-0 6-1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafaspin View Post
You are jar jar binks.
MaKiri94 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24th, 2013, 12:27 PM   #5
country flag Iblis

Iblis has a brilliant future Iblis has a brilliant future Iblis has a brilliant future Iblis has a brilliant future Iblis has a brilliant future Iblis has a brilliant future Iblis has a brilliant future Iblis has a brilliant future Iblis has a brilliant future Iblis has a brilliant future Iblis has a brilliant future

She played a very good tournament in Beijing, a total mess in Moscow and now it seems that she'll play Sofia YEC rather than Fed Cup. And yeah, injuries, injuries, injuries.
Usual stuff.

Old Oct 24th, 2013, 01:32 PM   #6
country flag MaKiri94
#SupportSerbia

MaKiri94 has much to be proud of MaKiri94 has much to be proud of MaKiri94 has much to be proud of MaKiri94 has much to be proud of MaKiri94 has much to be proud of MaKiri94 has much to be proud of MaKiri94 has much to be proud of MaKiri94 has much to be proud of MaKiri94 has much to be proud of MaKiri94 has much to be proud of MaKiri94 has much to be proud of

Thank-you Horrible injuries

Quote:
And people said this is better that WTA jajaja, any WTa match is better than this clown
Quote:
Quote:
You are jar jar binks.
Old Oct 26th, 2013, 02:46 PM   #7
country flag MaKiri94
#SupportSerbia

Quote:
On the way to Sofia! One more to go!👯👯👯
Well she is expected. Please do well Tiny Kiri

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
You are jar jar binks.
Old Oct 27th, 2013, 09:56 PM   #8
country flag Snooked

Snooked has much to be proud of Snooked has much to be proud of Snooked has much to be proud of Snooked has much to be proud of Snooked has much to be proud of Snooked has much to be proud of Snooked has much to be proud of Snooked has much to be proud of Snooked has much to be proud of Snooked has much to be proud of Snooked has much to be proud of

20 min interview at bulgarian tv show http://www.btv.bg/shows/neka-govoria...Kirilenko.html
Snooked is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28th, 2013, 11:19 AM   #9
country flag MaKiri94
#SupportSerbia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snooked View Post
20 min interview at bulgarian tv show http://www.btv.bg/shows/neka-govoria...Kirilenko.html
Wish there was subs. But that face.

As for the actual tourney. I'm just LOLing at her chances here. Should have stayed in Russia.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
You are jar jar binks.
Old Oct 28th, 2013, 11:58 AM   #10
country flag Iblis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iblis View Post
I'd love to see Ivanovic, Vesnina and Pironkova in Kiri group.
Lol, what the fuck, that's crazy.
Halep, Pavlyuchenkova and Cornet, hardest possible draw: achieved.
Who cares after all, it's not like she had any chance to do something important (I expect her to withdraw after the 1st match), but I hoped that she could at least win one match.
Interesting to see that she suffered bad lost against each one of these players (6-1 6-0, 6-3 6-3 and a choking job 7-5 7-5).

Old Oct 28th, 2013, 04:17 PM   #11
country flag JimM

JimM is a splendid one to behold JimM is a splendid one to behold JimM is a splendid one to behold JimM is a splendid one to behold JimM is a splendid one to behold JimM is a splendid one to behold JimM is a splendid one to behold JimM is a splendid one to behold JimM is a splendid one to behold JimM is a splendid one to behold JimM is a splendid one to behold

19:00 - [3] Maria Kirilenko (RUS) V [7] Alize Cornet (FRA)

Good luck Maria

JimM is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28th, 2013, 05:11 PM   #12
country flag peterlein

peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iblis View Post
Lol, what the fuck, that's crazy.
Halep, Pavlyuchenkova and Cornet, hardest possible draw: achieved.
Who cares after all, it's not like she had any chance to do something important (I expect her to withdraw after the 1st match), but I hoped that she could at least win one match.
Interesting to see that she suffered bad lost against each one of these players (6-1 6-0, 6-3 6-3 and a choking job 7-5 7-5).
this draw......omg you jinxed it

it's the hardest possible draw she could get indeed. As you already mentioned, there isn't a big chance to reach the semifinals there. It is about 20-30 % I would say.
Kiri could beat at least Cornet, who also had some problems over the last weeks. So the first match could be the "easiest" one, and if she wins that, let's see what happens in the 2nd match.
Anyway, I will watch her match for sure...knowing that it will be the last one for a couple of month

Davai Maria!!!

...olympic bronze medalist...
peterlein is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28th, 2013, 05:51 PM   #13
country flag DcsabaS

DcsabaS is a name known to all DcsabaS is a name known to all DcsabaS is a name known to all DcsabaS is a name known to all DcsabaS is a name known to all DcsabaS is a name known to all DcsabaS is a name known to all DcsabaS is a name known to all DcsabaS is a name known to all DcsabaS is a name known to all DcsabaS is a name known to all

The hardest possible draw, yes! And the best opportunity for the revenge !!!

(And with a little bit of luck, Kiri could reach the semifinals even with 1 won match (like Jankovic did in Istanbul)! She should win as many sets as possible - even against Halep.)
DcsabaS is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28th, 2013, 06:25 PM   #14
country flag MaKiri94
#SupportSerbia

Cornet?? Зајеби ово! She's gonna win that! Poor Kiri. Go back to DC and party!

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
You are jar jar binks.
Old Oct 28th, 2013, 09:24 PM   #15
country flag Iblis

Maria in still injured (at least she said so) and probably not so focused on mental side. Obviously I'll watch her playing, but I have no expectation, that's for sure.