My Advanta Championships Reports - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 30th, 2005, 02:11 AM   #1
country flag Tennace

Tennace has a reputation beyond repute Tennace has a reputation beyond repute Tennace has a reputation beyond repute Tennace has a reputation beyond repute Tennace has a reputation beyond repute Tennace has a reputation beyond repute Tennace has a reputation beyond repute Tennace has a reputation beyond repute Tennace has a reputation beyond repute Tennace has a reputation beyond repute Tennace has a reputation beyond repute
My Advanta Championships Reports

This thread will include my results from the Advanta Championships along with pictures. Coming up will be my 2nd Round of Qualifying Recaps.

Dokic - Hantuchova - Zakopalova - Minella - Szavay - Bammer - Safarova
Stanciute - Panova - Gubacsi - Cibulkova - Cirstea - Hofmanova - Cetkovska

Official Limo Driver of Don't Knock the Dok
Tennace is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 30th, 2005, 02:25 AM   #2
country flag Tennace

Tennace has a reputation beyond repute Tennace has a reputation beyond repute Tennace has a reputation beyond repute Tennace has a reputation beyond repute Tennace has a reputation beyond repute Tennace has a reputation beyond repute Tennace has a reputation beyond repute Tennace has a reputation beyond repute Tennace has a reputation beyond repute Tennace has a reputation beyond repute Tennace has a reputation beyond repute
Pictures will come later but many turned out bad so there might not be many.

Vanessa Henke def (6) Yuliana Fedak 7-5, 4-6, 6-2
Pre Match Prediction- Fedak def Henke 6-4, 6-4
Battle of the Breakers

In about a 2 hour long long marathon match, these 2 players traded long rallies and exciting points to make up a great match. Vanessa was somewhat quiet with maybe a throwing of the racquet or scream here or there, and then there was Yuliana. Yuliana has a very loud grunt but it doesnt look like she tries hard, until you hear her grunt. She had her usual grunt going along with her talking to herself and slapping her thighs which she usually does. This match did not have many mistakes from players and both knew they had to outdue each other in order to win. There were mnay winners and fantastic shots. Yuliana had led the whole 1st set and the 1st time she was losing in the game score was 6-5. Yuliana had led 5-3 and lost the last 4 games to lose the 1st set. The 2nd set had no one hold serve until Vanessa had to go up 4-3 then Yuliana had won the last 3 games to take the 2nd set. In a 2 hour long match you will usually find some drama and some was dug up in the 3rd set. After Vanessa had won a game to go up 3-1 in the 3rd set she walked up to the umpire saying Yuliana was secretly being coached from a person, most likely her coach, from behind the curtain but no one could see since he was hiding from being seen. Surely the pieces fit together somewhat and Yuliana would just stand at the back curtain and stand their. Finally after on of the last few points she screamed as if it were at someone and pointed her racquet across the court as if trying to show someone something. Other ball-kids even said they her she was being coached. Vanessa came through with the victory in the end of an excing match.

Tatiana Poutchek def Jessica Kirkland 7-5, 7-5

This was a close match as Jessica's power and Tatiana's ability to hit hard and keep the ball in play, were about even. It was a close match which was making Tatiana get a little angry at some points. I didn't watch the whole match but it was interesting the parts I was watching. Both were trying to outpower each other but Tatiana came through in a close ending.

Chanelle Scheepers def Carly Gullickson 1-6, 6-4, 6-4
Pre Match Prediction- Gullickson def Scheepers 7-5, 6-3

After Carly easily won the 1st set she had lost the 2nd and seemed to be in troubles early in the 3rd. Chanelle got to a 5-2 3rd set lead but nearly blew it too after losing 2 games and barely escaping a few match points she had to win. Carly was fighting with the fans behind from World Team Tennis but Chanelle managed to win.

I will have more results and recaps and pictures coming later. I was on court abll-boying for the whole Hanke-Fedak match and the 3rd set of the Scheepers-Gullickson match. I watched parts of the Poutchek-Kirkland match. Hope you enjoyed these recaps and more will come.

Last edited by Tennace : Oct 30th, 2005 at 05:51 PM.
Old Oct 30th, 2005, 02:29 AM   #3
country flag iPatty

iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks Look forward to pictures! Are you going all week?
Old Oct 30th, 2005, 02:35 AM   #4
country flag Tennace

I will be there Wednesday Night, Maybe Tuesday or Thursday night, all day Friday for the Quarterfinals and on Sunday for the finals. I cant wait!!!!!!

Old Oct 30th, 2005, 03:17 AM   #5
country flag gsm

gsm has a brilliant future gsm has a brilliant future gsm has a brilliant future gsm has a brilliant future gsm has a brilliant future gsm has a brilliant future gsm has a brilliant future gsm has a brilliant future gsm has a brilliant future gsm has a brilliant future gsm has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennace
I will be there Wednesday Night, Maybe Tuesday or Thursday night, all day Friday for the Quarterfinals and on Sunday for the finals. I cant wait!!!!!!
lucky you
gsm is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30th, 2005, 08:37 AM   #6
country flag Steffy6094

Steffy6094 is a splendid one to behold Steffy6094 is a splendid one to behold Steffy6094 is a splendid one to behold Steffy6094 is a splendid one to behold Steffy6094 is a splendid one to behold Steffy6094 is a splendid one to behold Steffy6094 is a splendid one to behold Steffy6094 is a splendid one to behold Steffy6094 is a splendid one to behold Steffy6094 is a splendid one to behold Steffy6094 is a splendid one to behold
Thanks Tennace
Old Oct 30th, 2005, 02:42 PM   #7
country flag CrossCourt~Rally

CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennace
Thanks for your recaps!
CrossCourt~Rally is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30th, 2005, 02:45 PM   #8
country flag SloKid
The long and winding road.

SloKid has a reputation beyond repute SloKid has a reputation beyond repute SloKid has a reputation beyond repute SloKid has a reputation beyond repute SloKid has a reputation beyond repute SloKid has a reputation beyond repute SloKid has a reputation beyond repute SloKid has a reputation beyond repute SloKid has a reputation beyond repute SloKid has a reputation beyond repute SloKid has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks for the recaps and finally revealing the drama in that Vanessa v. Yuliana match
SloKid is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30th, 2005, 03:54 PM   #9
country flag King Aaron
Team WTAworld
Mr. Try Too Hard

King Aaron has disabled reputation
Thanks.
Old Oct 31st, 2005, 09:03 AM   #10
country flag Jakub

Jakub has a reputation beyond repute Jakub has a reputation beyond repute Jakub has a reputation beyond repute Jakub has a reputation beyond repute Jakub has a reputation beyond repute Jakub has a reputation beyond repute Jakub has a reputation beyond repute Jakub has a reputation beyond repute Jakub has a reputation beyond repute Jakub has a reputation beyond repute Jakub has a reputation beyond repute
thanks

Monica Seles, Elena Dementieva, Kveta Hrdlickova, Karolina Woźniacki, Aiko Nakamura, Silvija Talaja , Darina Sedenkova
, Liga Dekmeijere, Margit Ruutel

Jakub is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31st, 2005, 09:10 AM   #11
country flag Dexter
Team WTAworld
Polish & Serbian Kingdoms

Dexter has a reputation beyond repute Dexter has a reputation beyond repute Dexter has a reputation beyond repute Dexter has a reputation beyond repute Dexter has a reputation beyond repute Dexter has a reputation beyond repute Dexter has a reputation beyond repute Dexter has a reputation beyond repute Dexter has a reputation beyond repute Dexter has a reputation beyond repute Dexter has a reputation beyond repute
Thank you for reports... Have a great week - Enjoy the tournament
Old Oct 31st, 2005, 10:41 AM   #12
country flag Calliope.
Martina&Roger <3

Calliope. has a brilliant future Calliope. has a brilliant future Calliope. has a brilliant future Calliope. has a brilliant future Calliope. has a brilliant future Calliope. has a brilliant future Calliope. has a brilliant future Calliope. has a brilliant future Calliope. has a brilliant future Calliope. has a brilliant future Calliope. has a brilliant future
Thanks

Larcher de Brito | Giorgi | Bouchard | Goerges | Stephens

Kirilenko | Sharapova | Kvitova | Pennetta | Garcia | Burnett
Azarenka | Wozniacki | McHale | Keys | Puig | Bencic | Italians
Calliope. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31st, 2005, 11:14 AM   #13
country flag CooCooCachoo
Team WTAworld

CooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond repute CooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond repute CooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond repute CooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond repute CooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond repute CooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond repute CooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond repute CooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond repute CooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond repute CooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond repute CooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks

Carly

Bemelmans|Camerin|Cornet|Crivoi|Cuevas|Dentoni|Dod ig|Garbin|Granollers
Hlavackova|Ilhan|Kohli|Kuznetsov|Lammer|Mannarino| Menendez|Phau|Polansky
Rezaď|Robredo|Roger-Vasselin|Srebotnik|Szavay|Wörle|Zverev

CooCooCachoo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3rd, 2005, 10:04 PM   #14
country flag Tennace

Vaidisova-Koukalova match report and pictures coming upm soon!!!!!

Old Nov 3rd, 2005, 10:39 PM   #15
country flag Tennace

Singles 2nd Round

(7) Nicole Vaidisova def Klara Koukalova 4-6, 6-1, 6-4

This was a very exciting match. Klara jumped off to a 2-0 start and the early break helped her to win the 1st set 6-4. She played amazing tennis in the 1st set and mixed it up to keep Nicole thinking. Klara was playing fabulous, hitting hard balls then off-paced balls.
Nicole really played better in the 2nd set and Klara seemed like she backed off and almost let Nicole have it somewhat. Nicole played a great 2nd set to show she was still in the match.
The 3rd set had the most emotion from both players which was when you herd Klara talk to herself the most and same with Nicole. The 2 players must be friends since neither was getting really mad at theirselves. Klara jumped off to a 4-1 lead in the 3rd set playing amazing and Nicole was playing well too, but Klara had really lifted up her game. Then after that Klara seemed to get down on herself after she lost a point and didn't look real motivated as if it almost seemed even when she was up 4-2. Nicole got back in with great shots and Klara never really got back into it as Nicole won the last 5 games to win the match. There wasnt emotion from either player throughout the match. It was an amazing match from both players except for some small patchy parts.

Sorry about the blury photos, my camera isnt that great